Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:45 AM

Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State (9559 Views)

As Bode George Demands For Isale Eko State Out Of Lagos: National Conference / Creation Of A New State Out Of Lagos. / Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by Firefire(m): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2010
I think it is high time the good people and citizen of Kwara lend their voices to a new state creation out of the Old Kwara state to be calle IGBOMINA STATE.
The Poeple of Southern Kwara are not Malams or Hausas as classified.
The Southern Kwara will be glad to join the other part of Yorubas in the West by State creation and association.
I will appreciate to get all meaningful Nigerians comment on this NEW STATE in Kwara called IGBOMINA STATE.
Thanks as you give your constructive comments and contributions.

About Kwara State
Kwara State was created on 27th May 1967 when the Federal Military Government of General Yakubu Gowon broke the four regions that then constituted the Federation of Nigeria into 12 states. At its creation, the state was made up of the former Ilorin and Kabba provinces of the then Northern Region and was initially named the West Central State but later changed to “Kwara”, a local name for the River Niger. The capital of the State is Ilorin, which lies 306km northeast of Lagos and 500km southwest of Abuja.
Kwara State has since 1976 reduced considerably in size as a result of further state creation exercises in Nigeria. On February 13, 1976, the Idah/Dekina part of the state was carved out and merged with a part of the then Benue/Plateau State to form Benue State. On August 27, 1991, five local government areas, namely Oyi, Yagba, Okene, Okehi and Kogi were also excised to form part of a new state called Kogi, while a sixth, Borgu Local Government Area, was merged with Niger State.

Land Area

Kwara State has a land area of about 32,500 square kilometers.

Capital: Ilorin

Local Government Areas

There are sixteen Local Government Areas in the State. They are: Asa, Baruteen, Edu, Ekiti, Ifelodun, Ilorin-East, Ilorin-South, Ilorin-West, Irepodun, Isin, Kaiama, Moro, Offa, Oke-Ero, Oyun, Patigi. More on Local Government.

Population

Kwara State has a population of over 1.5 million made up of four main ethnic groups namely, Yoruba, Nupe, Fulani and Baruba.

Kwara State is bounded in the North by Niger State, in the South by Osun and Ondo States, in the East by Kogi State and in the West by Oyo State. It has an International Boundary with Benin Republic in Baruteen Local Government Area along the Northwestern part of the State.

Climate

There are two main climate sessions; the dry and wet seasons with an intervening cold and dry harmattan period usually experienced from December to January.

Vegetation

The natural vegetation consists broadly of rain forest and wooded Savannah. The landforms consist of undulating hills, valleys and plains traversed by the Niger River and its tributaries.

Rainfall

The annual rainfall ranges from 1,000 - 1,500mm, while maximum average temperature ranges between 300C and 350C. With this climatic pattern and size-able expanse of arable and rich fertile soils, the vegetation, which is mainly the wooded Savannah is well suited for the cultivation of a wide variety of food crops like yams, cassava, maize, beans, rice, sugarcane, fruits, vegetables, etc. In Kaiama and Baruteen Local Government Areas in particular, the climate and vegetation are well suited for the rearing of livestock. The mainstay of the economy is agriculture.

Religion

The principal religions are Islam, Christianity and traditional religions.
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by 2sleek2NV(m): 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2010
i agree completely
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by seanet02: 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2010
agreed
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by snowdrops(m): 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2010
after 20 or so years i am sure the so called igbomina state will be clamouring for more states to be created out of it.

2 Likes

Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by seanet02: 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2010
snowdrops:

after 20 or so years i am sure the so called igbomina state will be clamouring for more states to be created out of it.
the first time you will be dissapointing me!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by 2sleek2NV(m): 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2010
@ firefire and seanet02, wat part of kwara r u guys from?
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2010
20 years ke - give them 2 years

they say nigeria has 250 tribes and many of those tribes are further fragmented along religious, sub tribal (or whatever its called ) lines

maybe we should just split nigeria into local governments and be done with it

1 Like

Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by Firefire(m): 8:28am On Aug 05, 2010
All Yorubas in Kwara State you brace up to get their own state by coming up with valid reasons, points and neccesity that will be a flash point in getting your state (Igbomina) created for you out of the present Kwara state,.
We need to compile the Industies, Factories, and other Economic activities and means of Income/revenue generation that could sustain the proposed Igbomina state.
Please all kindly list all this activities, let documents it here and use it as a basis for the NEW STATE.
Igbomina State is absolutely needed now than never.
Shalom!
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by philip0906(m): 8:36am On Aug 05, 2010
@snowdrops
i completely agree wiff what u said undecided
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by vinooh: 9:15am On Aug 05, 2010
supported but that name should be change immediately we don't want fake Igbo biko
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by obanj4luv(m): 9:25am On Aug 05, 2010
the state capital is omu aran thank God for people of omu aran
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by Firefire(m): 9:32am On Aug 05, 2010
Well, let us get the State first we shall decide later where the capital will be.
Thou twe have line up of Towns that can be the Igbomina State Capital e.g. Omu_Aran, Oro, Ajase, Offa, Igbaja. But the most cetralised Town/City with enough Amenities/Facilities will be the state Capital.
By His grace this vision of Igbomina State will come to past.

1 Like

Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by yemmight(m): 9:39am On Aug 05, 2010
snowdrops:

You dont get the quest of the people in that state.  We are saying we should be seperated and be addressed as yorubas not abokis.  A new state for yorubas is required.

1 Like

Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by bolseas(f): 9:40am On Aug 05, 2010
I support the creation of the new state at least Saraki will not have a say, but knowing full well that he has his stooges, he will definitely plant them there. nevertheless, it is a good idea.

will Idofian be a part of the new state?

(Please, i want to ask if there is a town called Gaaaaa[dont know if that is the correct spelling], i need some info)
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 05, 2010
the last time i checked yorubasa were not the only tribe in kwara

there are at least 4 other tribes so we should brek kwara into five states

kogi, which was once part of kwara has at least two tribes igala and ebira . there are prbably more. we should split kogi as well

of course, after we get igbomina state, muslim/christians will probably start agitating for their own split

who knows , maybe from there catholics, protestants, baptists will also push for their own split
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 05, 2010
oyb:

20 years ke - give them 2 years

they say nigeria has 250 tribes and many of those tribes are further fragmented along religious, sub tribal (or whatever its called ) lines

maybe we should just split nigeria into local governments and be done with it
lwkmd. . .i'm yet to see a genuine reason to warrant creation of new states.most are based on sentiments.
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by Firefire(m): 9:56am On Aug 05, 2010
Well, I think we are not be religious here about state creation neither are we trabalistic.
We are saying we New a Yoruba State to be called IGBOMINA STATE. A typical state in NIgeria accomondate whatever your religion is atleast the constitution gives room for freedom of association and religion.
All we are saying is we need a new state from Kwara state. Pls comply and let write down the basis for the state cration here.
God bless IGBOMINA LAND!
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 05, 2010
Firefire:

Well, I think we are not be religious here about state creation neither are we trabalistic.
We are saying we New a Yoruba State to be called IGBOMINA STATE. A typical state in NIgeria accomondate whatever your religion is atleast the constitution gives room for freedom of association and religion.
All we are saying is we need a new state from Kwara state. Pls comply and let write down the basis for the state cration here.
God bless IGBOMINA LAND!

what about the yoruba in kogi ? are they also seeking for a new state ?
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by seanet02: 10:28am On Aug 05, 2010
Neptunz:

what about the yoruba in kogi ? are they also seeking for a new state ?

so what when states like Katsina that has not gotten the population of ibadan, while will they not asked
Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by abadaba(m): 10:43am On Aug 05, 2010
Kwara is a predominant Yoruba state. Instead of creating another state out of Kwara, the non-Yoruba areas should be merged with Niger state.

3 Likes

Re: Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State by 2sleek2NV(m): 10:58am On Aug 05, 2010
From info, i hear government is planning to set up a cement factory @ Kajola due to the large amount of Lime stone deposit there.
there is also a water fall OWU FALL (tourism) in kajola.

(1) (Reply)

APC-Merger: ANPP Members Call For Suspension / Why Is The "Nepa Certificate" Rule Not Being Extended To Dino? / Mustapha Inuwa: Bandits Using Walkie-Talkies To Beat Telecom Shutdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.