Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister (959 Views)

Waziri’s EFCC Initiated $6m No-trial Deal With Suspect, Says Adoke / I Heard About My Removal On TV – Farida Waziri (EFCC Boss) / Why Mrs Farida Waziri (EFCC Boss) Was Removed - Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by massach79: 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2010
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mrs. Farida Waziri, is to be relieved of her appointment in the next one week.

P.M.NEWS authoritatively gathered that a presidential directive to remove her from her position has been communicated to the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke.

The decision to sack Waziri, it was gathered, was not unconnected with pressures from foreign governments who accused her of not fighting corruption effectively.

The foreign interests, P.M.NEWS gathered, recently forwarded a damaging dossier on the organisation and its officials to President Goodluck Jonathan.

The foreign interest, P.M.NEWS gathered further, threatened not to cooperate with the Commission and withhold financial support for it if the Presidency refused to remove Waziri as the EFCC boss.

On receiving the letter, President Jonathan reportedly forwarded it to the AGF and directed him to act within one week.

Investigations revealed that pressures were mounted on President Jonathan by the foreign governments on the report or they will withhold their support for the fight against corruption in the country.

P.M.NEWS glimpsed from the dossier sent to President Jonathan shows how an EFCC official bought 250,000 Pounds house in London and paid with hard currency.

Presidency officials in Aso Rock Abuja, confirmed that two crack detectives are currently being considered to take over from Waziri.

Those being considered are Mr. Tunde Ogunshakin and Ibrahim Lamorde. Both are former heads of operations of the Commission.

The two officials, gathered, are currently being screened by security officials to determine the one best suited for the job.
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by seanet02: 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2010
what has she done to fight corruption, after standing bail for george akume and collecting bribes from akpabio in form of cars, what is she doing there, sack her ass
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by snowdrops(m): 4:35pm On Aug 04, 2010
firing waziri is only chasing shadows. the scale of corruption is gigantic and almost all politician is actively involved includin the president and his party the PDP.
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2010
end of the line for wayoziri and good riddance

it is documented in the media, she was originally hired by the sarakis as a consultant to find a way around efccs pursuit of saraki senior ( who basically used societe general's depositors funds to take on lawal )

her appointment was more or les a promotion for a job well done
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by chyz(m): 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2010
This is ridiculous on the part on the part of GJ which is again proved to us that is just a puppet and errand boy for these white supremest countries. Although firing her is a great idea, what stopped him from doing that after all the times WE nigerians have been begging him to do that all along?? angry. So it takes the words from white countries to convince you to change your country. He's such a weak azz! Please I pray that theres a better candidate to come out before elections,
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by desgiezd(m): 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2010
For Waziri, whatever goes up must definitely come down. I hope she has started packing her bags.
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2010
How did she qualify for a Presidential award under this same administration last week?

Talk about a confused Government.
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by phantom(m): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2010
its high time.the earlier we get to understand its nigerians against 'them' the better.no hausa,yoruba,igbo or ijaw in govt.they re all thieves, gj inclusive.
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by Beaf: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2010
I don't believe the story until a more reputable outlet reports it.
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by chyz(m): 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2010
phantom:

its high time.the earlier we get to understand its nigerians against 'them' the better.no hausa,yoruba,igbo or ijaw in govt.they re all thieves, gj inclusive.

You know that aint going to happen.you already know that that spot is going to go to a hausa. GJ favors hausa if you couldnt already tell by his appointments. He's a puppet
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2010
Bring back Ribadu and let him continue from where he stopped.i bet many politicians would rot away in jail.how can you put a nigeria woman in charge of anti-corruption crusade ? Utter rubbisssss
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by jamace(m): 6:58am On Aug 05, 2010
Good if true.
However, where is the man/woman with large heart that can do the job effectively?
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by rasputinn(m): 7:46am On Aug 05, 2010
seanet02:

what has she done to fight corruption, after standing bail for george akume and collecting bribes from akpabio in form of cars, what is she doing there, sack her backside

grin grin grin grin grin
I love this.
Standing bail and posting surety,afterall a certain lawmaker said he was overgasted and flaberwhelmed.9ja
I get your point though
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by rasputinn(m): 7:55am On Aug 05, 2010
Good riddance
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by xterra2(m): 11:08am On Aug 05, 2010
chyz:

This is ridiculous on the part on the part of GJ which is again proved to us that is just a puppet and errand boy for these white supremest countries. Although firing her is a great idea, what stopped him from doing that after all the times WE nigerians have been begging him to do that all along?? angry. So it takes the words from white countries to convince you to change your country. He's such a weak azz! Please I pray that theres a better candidate to come out before elections,
May God bless you!
Re: Waziri, Efcc Boss To Be Sacked, Jonathan Orders Justice Minister by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 05, 2010
^^^^^

AMANPOUR:
So what can you do to take those issues seriously?
Obviously, the issue of good governance, of free elections, free of corruption is central, and you heard the United States has also said just now that you must remove the head of the election commission, Maurice Iwu. Will you do that?
JONATHAN:
You see, the issue of the – the electoral body – in fact, I even told the audience I addressed this morning, the issue is whether the present electoral body can conduct free and fair election or not. And I told them that, yes, they can, because I have done it with the same people.
On issue of the people at INEC, I told them that, look, between now and ending of June, most of the officials at the national level – they’re called commissioners – their tenure will end, and we’re going to review them on individual merit.
Within this period that I have been acting president, I have conducted three elections. They are conducted by INEC and it was free and fair. Only on Saturday, we conducted local council elections in the federal capital territory and all the information is that, apart from one or two that had some few discrepancies, they have been very peaceful, very credible… So that is the issue. So the issue is beyond one person.
AMANPOUR:
But let me just ask you…
JONATHAN:
I’m not defending the chairman.
AMANPOUR:
Do you think he will stay or will he be removed?
JONATHAN:
All of them we’ll review. And any one of them that we feel is not competent definitely,  .
AMANPOUR:
Do you feel that Mr. Iwu is competent?
JONATHAN:
(Laughs) No, no, no, no. I know that this question continues to come up.
What I’ve said is… the issue is beyond Mr. Iwu.
AMANPOUR:
I know. But I’m specifically talking about him, because it’s come up in your meetings with U.S. officials.
JONATHAN:
Yes, I agree that within the period that is (inaudible) there are quite a number of controversies. I agree. There are quite a number of concerns. There are quite a number of controversies. So I know what I’m telling you; that this very Iwu, I’m not trying to argue for him. The Iwu we are talking about has conducted free elections these past three elections that I’ve made reference to that are credible.
So the issue is beyond Iwu because we must set up an electoral system and our regulations and laws that will make sure that anybody who is appointed to that office should be able to conduct acceptable elections. And that is my focus.
AMANPOUR:
OK. Will you run in 2011? Will you present yourself as a presidential candidate?

na so e be o

Bukola "Abubakar" Saraki - Lessons From Zoning / Assassins Kill Police Guard, 1 Other In Ex-oyo Deputy Speaker’s Home / Stem Cell Transplant Cures HIV In 'Berlin Patient'