Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo (11947 Views)

APC Dissolves Presidential Campaign Council. / APC Dissolves NWC At The Instance Of President Buhari / APC Dissolves State Executive Committee Of The Kwara State Chapter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by dre11(m): 6:45am On Dec 19, 2018
Kamarudeen Ogundele, Abuja

The All Progressives Congress has dissolved the executive committees in Imo and Ogun states.

Also dissolved were the local government and ward executives in the two states.

Their dissolution formed part of the resolutions reached during the National Working Committee meeting presided over by the National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, in Abuja on Tuesday.

In their place, the NWC would inaugurate caretaker committees that would superintend over the affairs of the party in the two states ahead of the general elections.

Oshiomhole emerged from the meeting on Tuesday around 7pm and quickly entered his waiting vehicle to avoid journalists who had waited the whole day for a briefing.

When approached by journalists at the entrance of his car, the former Edo State governor said the National Publicity Secretary, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, who had earlier left the venue of the meeting, would brief them.

“The NPS will brief you,” he said.

Recall that Governor Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun) and his counterpart in Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, and Minister of Communication, Adebayo Shittu, had vowed to work against governorship candidates in their states.

A member of the NWC told our correspondent that the meeting decided to dissolve all the party structures in Ogun and Imo states to stem the conflict of ideas being promoted by the two governors.

He said, “The two governors have sponsored their preferred candidates on the platform of other political parties while they are holding on to the APC’s senatorial tickets.

“We see this as a conflict of interest which could jeopardise the party’s efforts to win the two states.”

https://punchng.com/apc-dissolves-state-lg-ward-excos-in-ogun-imo/

1 Like

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by Timtellect: 6:47am On Dec 19, 2018
Gbam

4 Likes

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by alvan06(m): 6:47am On Dec 19, 2018
The fire is gradually rekindling

2 Likes

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by Johnrake69: 6:48am On Dec 19, 2018
Ok
Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by lunacol(m): 6:48am On Dec 19, 2018
Ok
Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by TheBeat: 6:48am On Dec 19, 2018
Following
Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:48am On Dec 19, 2018
Osho is gaming!

These fights will change a lot of things.
cjudy:
Failed Party

You're wrong. This is internal cleansing. It is necessary to avoid future problems.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by brainpulse: 6:48am On Dec 19, 2018
Good one. No time for nonsense. Osho baba carry on

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by cjudy(m): 6:49am On Dec 19, 2018
Failed Party

1 Like

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by easynetsms(m): 6:49am On Dec 19, 2018
APC as a party is not organized. How will d country be organized. Confusion everywhere. When u CNT coordinate your party grin

Abeg make una patronize my data bizness. Check my signature for more details

3 Likes

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by Dukeolumidemans(m): 6:49am On Dec 19, 2018
No security of lives, no food for many, no water, no good roads, no drugs in hospitals, everywhere in Nija strike, unemployment very high, hatred very high, assassination/killings very high...
My brother told me we should leave so many yrs ago and I refused. Now it's pretty clear to me about what he was saying. My younger sister and family relocated last month, my elder sister did too last year, he and his will leave this month. Meeeen I should be leaving with my family too. This shit hole ain't worth it.

4 Likes

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by Asshurbanipall: 6:49am On Dec 19, 2018
cheesy

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by pat077: 6:49am On Dec 19, 2018
who cares
Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by netpro(m): 6:50am On Dec 19, 2018
The governors thought too highly of themselves. Time to switch gear and get rid of those loyal to the governors to avoid undermining the party.

A tree cannot make a forest.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by emerged01(m): 6:51am On Dec 19, 2018
I like that! Ibikunle and Rochas will lose at the end.

5 Likes

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by Yankee101: 6:52am On Dec 19, 2018
States they'll lose
Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by jumper524(m): 6:53am On Dec 19, 2018
you know why I love oshomole? He's not taking chances.. he makes use of good addition and gets rid of the disloyal minus..

8 Likes

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by Exponental(m): 6:56am On Dec 19, 2018
The fact that these governors are still in the party is questionable. I expected more of this.

1 Like

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by Exponental(m): 6:56am On Dec 19, 2018
The fact that these governors are still in the party is questionable. I'm expecting more of this.

1 Like

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by Ginaa7: 6:56am On Dec 19, 2018
Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by Eliteklaus(m): 6:58am On Dec 19, 2018
Battle line is drawn, let's watch APC members kill themselves

4 Likes

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by idamokoemmanuel(m): 6:59am On Dec 19, 2018
Nice development.
Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by netpro(m): 7:00am On Dec 19, 2018
Didi2d:

I am try to count how many SSS guys surrounding PMB on this photo

This is very difficult task of the security details. But the man is well love. Even those that hate him, can give their lives to protect our President.

Sai baba all the way!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by helinues: 7:02am On Dec 19, 2018
Ntor to Amosun and Okorocha

6 Likes

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by Excelbliss81: 7:07am On Dec 19, 2018
Nice move by the party. I spoke with a rescue missionary in Imo state yesterday. I asked him if he followed Uche Nwosu and he said no that he is still in Apc. Their plan is to divert all the campaign money that will come from the national secretariate to AA since they are in charge of the state Excos.

7 Likes

Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by RealityShot: 7:13am On Dec 19, 2018
About time Rocha's engine got destryed!

but it might be too late for the party in Imo... IMO people will vote anything but APC and PDP
Re: APC Dissolves State, LG, Ward Excos In Ogun, Imo by dotunbidemi: 7:14am On Dec 19, 2018
OshoBaba is too merciful, if I were the one will take away their Senatorial tickets... you can't hold the party Ransome and still want to ride on the wings of the party to clinch the senatorial seat... meaning you can't eat your Cake and have it... very sure pdpigz and ipob can't understand hence we have gat to break it down grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC To Hold Supplementary Elections In Rivers State On Saturday April 15 / Speaker Dogara Receives Lawmakers From Ghana (Photos) / 'We Support Buhari To Stay In Office, Not To Step Down': Kaduna Youths Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.