Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide (16524 Views)

FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? / Nigerian Man Warns People Do Not Travel To Belarus (photos, Video) / Situation Reports On Transport Fares Across The Country This Yuletide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by AutoJoshNG: 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2018

Driving at night could be very dangerous especially in our country Nigeria where a lot of things are upside down.

Why do I think traveling at night is dangerous? Relax; I have a twenty feet container loaded with reasons why you should avoid such night travel this yuletide.

1. Bad Roads:

Most of the major roads in the country are not in good shape. With Nigeria being the giant of Africa, we have passed the level of having dilapidated major roads. Most of the major roads linking major states have death traps at every point on the road. This includes water-well sized potholes, untarred roads and lots more. We unintentionally run into these potholes during the day time let alone at night.

2. Security reasons:

Night driving in Nigeria should give you concern when it comes to security in the country. Most of these major roads are evaded by highway robbers especially at night when the security agencies meant to be on patrol are in their hibernation mode. You can even fall victim of being flagged down by robbers in disguise. They do it so well that you think they are security agents mounted in a checkpoint.

3. Little or no help if an accident should occur:

No one prays for an accident to occur when traveling, but what will be your fate when the unexpected occurs. There are no much functional emergency rescue squads around the country that can be of help at such time of the night. A lot of people driving by at such time will even be afraid to help out because of their safety.

4. You might get frustrated if your car spoils:

How would you manage the situation if your car eventually gets spoilt on transit? How prepared are you to go about it?

It can be very frustrating to have your car spoil at the middle of nowhere most especially at night. You’re even prone to being attacked by robbers and hardly will you get a helper; everybody is afraid in the country.

https://autojosh.com/driving-night-yuletide/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by dingbang(m): 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2018
Who is the cause of all these points you mentioned now? I just need a name

6 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by ct2: 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2018
May God help us in Nigeria, all this are man made problem that can be fix

A good leader will solve this problem

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by chiedu7: 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2018
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by emperorzillion: 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2018
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by theoldpretender(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2018
dingbang:

You are.

You don't vote for good leaders

You defend corruption

You don't take part in politics, but do arm chair critics.

Look in the mirror...and start the change with the person you see in there.

And this goes for me five thousand fold.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by chiedu7: 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2018

Ever since that terrorist enter Aso Rock,human life don become like pure water!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by BanevsJoker(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2018
dingbang:
President Buhari.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by theoldpretender(m): 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2018
Thing is, we need a good railway service.....

And we need to bring back toll booths...so that we can fund improvements to the roads.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by Passionate888: 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2018
Night travel was the bomb then, now bubu has changed everything.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by AnunuebeAgbawo7: 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2018
dingbang:

Fredrick and Flora Luggard

10 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2018
I could list 345 reasons
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by koolguy88(m): 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2018
I am travelling tonight to Kano state. I need the cleanest macopolo buscar

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by obembet(f): 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2018
I don't travel at night by road.

GBOKASINCHA:
This country too useless to travel

Your country not mine. We have bad and useless leader not useless country.

Nigeria is the best country in the world and God bless Nigeria a lot

Good tribe, YORUBA, IGBO Hausa with thier wonderful culture..

Nigeria bless with God people.

We only have bd eggs among us.

God bless my dear Country.

God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2018
This country too useless to travel
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by spyglaxx: 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2018
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by NaijaCelebNews: 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2018
Lmaaooo someone said I could have listed 345 reasons!! Anyways click link to watch the best Fever dance compilation by Wizkid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8peyLhowkmg
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by theoldpretender(m): 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2018
BanevsJoker:

President Buhari.
chiedu7:

Ever since that terrorist enter Aso Rock,human life don become like pure water!

The problem is that these problems were there before Bubu thought of Aso Rock.

And no I am not defending him. We can remove him from power. But are you people ready to make the structural changes we need to make things better.

I am all for kicking out APC. But assuming that things will automatically get better when there is a new president...as if the president is the polcieman on your street, the local government chairman of your LG, the councillor and so on....is a pipe dream.

And those who go into crime will go into crime whoever is in charge......

Are Nigerians ready to change themselves, the way we change government in 2019?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by sorom4: 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2018
Bu.... angry
dingbang:
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 21, 2018
theoldpretender:
Thing is, we need a good railway service.....

And we need to bring back toll booths...so that we can fund improvements to the roads.
The present administration is doing exceptionally well in that regard
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by theoldpretender(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2018
AnunuebeAgbawo7:

Fredrick and Flora Luggard

So Lugard told criminals to loot money, toldpeople to drop out of school and legit hustle and start doing armed robebry, told our leaders to wreck our railways, etc.

That's the problem with you Nigerians...always blaming others...when you should blame yourselves.

That is why , years after democracy, we still are trying to get it right.

Better wake up. Under colonial rule...life was safer than when our guys took over.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by WiseStarr(m): 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2018
He Who God protect should protect himself
Anyways

Kindly click on the link below to watch my freestyle on Instagram,you can also rate it

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brl0En0nJlZ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=6ppd1nr77gam
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by ClearFlair: 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2018
BanevsJoker:

President Buhari.
PDP
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by Maxcoded: 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2018
Baba Buhari is working...

**yeh, who slapped me?**

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by femi4: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2018
So, after yultide, there will be good roads
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by ipobarecriminals: 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2018
sad if God dey watch u,watch urself.Avoid unnecessary travel, kip away from village pipu.Wish u all divine protection
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by Candydrops(m): 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2018
WHY DROP ONLY FOUR WHEN YOU'VE GOT A TRAILER LOAD REASONS!

X

...even Junior already know those four since daycare! undecidedWHY DROP ONLY FOUR WHEN YOU'VE GOT A TRAILER LOAD REASONS!

X

...even Junior already know those four since daycare!

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by mechanics(m): 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2018
dingbang:
hmmmnm, the problem has been there.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2018
morning, afternoon, evening and carries same grave dangers in Nigeria.....if something bad wants to befall u it will

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Dilapidated State Of Isu Okoma Roads In Ebonyi State / #Xenophobia: 320 Nigerians Expected Back From South Africa Tuesday / I Want To Live In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.