Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East (4495 Views)

Beautiful Cities In Southwest Vs Beautiful Cities In Southeast. / This Election Won't Be Free & Fair If INEC Doesn't Produce New Ballot Papers-US / Southwest Vs South South (which Is More Developed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Iwillbegreat: 8:33am On Dec 22, 2018
Power of presidency will surely return to the south after 2019 no matter who won 2019, be it APC or PDP party.

People are quick to say the 2023 is between southwest(Yoruba) vs south East(Igbo).

They quickly forget there's the south south.

Right from democracy, the Yoruba have ruled the most in southern Nigeria.

Obasanjo..1999-2007
Osibanjo...2015...?

It's not fair to still see Yoruba claiming the presidency once again.

So from the south south, I think the people that might likely contest are:

Godwin obaseki.. governor Edo state
Udom Emmanuel.. governor akwa Ibom
Wike.. governor river state.

Who do you think deserve the presidency?

Mynd44
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by kunleweb: 8:36am On Dec 22, 2018
Indeed. What if they die before nect year?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Jonadull: 8:40am On Dec 22, 2018
Southsouth kor. Otueke drunkard ni

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by gaddafe(m): 8:54am On Dec 22, 2018
kunleweb:
Indeed. What if they die before nect year?

Na wa o. I wonder why people don't think about this. We never enter 2019 they are already talking of 2023. What if those guys even die before next year.
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Donelli: 8:58am On Dec 22, 2018
Iwillbegreat:
Power of presidency will surely return to the south after 2019 no matter who won 2019, be it APC or PDP party.

People are quick to say the 2023 is between southwest(Yoruba) vs south East(Igbo).

Obasanjo..1999-2007
Osibanjo...2015...?

Mynd44
Bro, what happened between 2007-2015

13 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 22, 2018
Iwillbegreat:

Obasanjo..1999-2007
Osibanjo...2015...?

Mynd44

South South after GEJ just left in 2015? Oga talk better as this your thread will die a quick death because not many will speak in favour of SS Presidency ahead of an SE or SW Presidency given you had the slot behind the North recently through Jonathan.

The slot, in my opinion, belongs almost exclusively to the SW even though the SE also qualifies in terms of equity and fairness to all. Nonetheless, the reality is that the SE disqualified itself idealogically in the minds of kingmakers who would ordinarily support them to the top job because of many many antics in the past decades that shows the region is hateful and, in general, does not mean well for others and cannot at all be trusted with power.

The worst being the South East tacit endorsement of Kanu and Igbos hateful posturing against other Nigerians. How will Northern powerbrokers feel when they see Igbos jubilating hysterically when Kanu says he is going to Abuja to return with the head of Buhari?

Remove Okorocha, now acting funny because he did not get his way, and Igbos like Ngige, Joe Igbokwe and Ken Nnamani, how many Igbos have the reputation to show their face as pro-Nigerian politicians with a stellah history that supports that stance?

Is it Obi who wants to lead Nigeria in future but was ranting against Yorubas and Fulanis yesterday? Ekweremadu? Anyim?

Ordinary Nigerians should learn to face reality. SS don't qualify and SE disqualified itself. Simple as that. If Buhari wins then your President in 2023 is Yoruba. This is why we should all have an eye on tomorrow when tempted to misbehave, burn bridges and upset others today.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by kettykin: 9:04am On Dec 22, 2018
2023 is igbos turn
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 22, 2018
kettykin:
2023 is igbos turn

Of course. Just the little problem of where the trust and loyal support will come from for an Igbo Presidency. Then again, on the ground reality has never mattered to you guys.

You never understand that actions have consequences and disregard the very important ethos of bridge-building that is pivotal in politics. When others are bridge-building and forging alliances you call them "slave" and "terrorist jihadist" only to then expect support from the same people tomorrow. Incredibly re.tarded behaviour if you ask me.

You lot are like a six year old kid asking his father for a $600 bike when the man earns $250 a week, has savings of $300 and 3 other children. You never appreciate the impossibility of what you are demanding.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Kokolet11: 9:33am On Dec 22, 2018
2023 will mark the end of Nigeria if yrouba people lead again. yrouba greed in 2023 will mark the end of Nigeria, I'm happy with the way they are coming out to say that 2023 belongs to them.if yrouba people succeed which I pray that they do, I wonder what ohanaeze will say concerning Biafra again. #2023

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:37am On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

South South after GEJ just left in 2015? Oga talk better as this your thread will die a quick death because not many will speak in favour of SS Presidency ahead of an SE or SW Presidency given you had the slot behind the North recently through Jonathan.

The slot, in my opinion, belongs almost exclusively to the SW [/b]even though the SE also qualifies in terms of equity and fairness to all. Nonetheless, the reality is that the SE disqualified itself idealogically in the minds of kingmakers who would ordinarily support them to the top job because of [b]many many antics in the past decades that shows the region is hateful and, in general, does not mean well for others and cannot at all be trusted with power.

The worst being the South East tacit endorsement of Kanu and Igbos hateful posturing against other Nigerians. How will Northern powerbrokers feel when they see Igbos jubilating hysterically when Kanu says he is going to Abuja to return with the head of Buhari?

Remove Okorocha, now acting funny because he did not get his way, and Igbos like Ngige, Joe Igbokwe and Ken Nnamani, how many Igbos have the reputation to show their face as pro-Nigerian politicians with a stellah history that supports that stance?

Is it Obi who wants to lead Nigeria in future but was ranting against Yorubas and Fulanis yesterday? Ekweremadu? Anyim?

Ordinary Nigerians should learn to face reality. SS don't qualify and SE disqualified itself. Simple as that.[b] If Buhari wins then your President in 2023 is Yoruba. [/b]This is why we should all have an eye on tomorrow when tempted to misbehave, burn bridges and upset others today.

The SE/SS will kuku not even contest.Lets see how the results of the polls between TAMBUWAL Vs Osibanjo (if at all Atiku does not win in 2019) will look like.Who between Osibanjo and Tambuwal will win in Kano,Sokoto,Katsina,Kadunna and even in the SS/SE? Since the yorubas want to prove there are smart.No southerner will ever smell that seat again until all of us get sense by force.We will help you keep the North in Power

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:39am On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Of course. Just the little problem of where the trust and loyal support will come from for an Igbo Presidency. Then again, on the ground reality has never mattered to you guys.

You never understand that actions have consequences and disregard the very important ethos of bridge-building that is pivotal in politics. When others are bridge-building and forging alliances you call them "slave" and "terrorist jihadist" only to then expect support from the same people tomorrow. Incredibly re.tarded behaviour if you ask me.

You lot are like a six year old kid asking his father for a $600 bike when the man earns $250 a week, has savings of $300 and 3 other children. You never appreciate the impossibility of what you are demanding.

Igbos will not contest in 2023.The PDP will zone the presidential ticket to the North in 2023.Lets see how your bridges will get you the presidency.God keep us all alive

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:07am On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Igbos will not contest in 2023.The PDP will zone the presidential ticket to the North in 2023.Lets see how your bridges will get you the presidency.God keep us all alive

Nwanne you too much. Kwankwaso is still there o. We have got the yam and knife. Make dem dey jonze themselves.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

The SE/SS will kuku not even contest.Lets see how the results of the polls between TAMBUWAL Vs Osibanjo (if at all Atiku does not win in 2019) will look like.Who between Osibanjo and Tambuwal will win in Kano,Sokoto,Katsina,Kadunna and even in the SS/SE? Since the yorubas want to prove there are smart.No southerner will ever smell that seat again until all of us get sense by force.We will help you keep the North in Power

I promise you that Yoruba or Osibanjo will defeat Tambuwal. 100% assurance.

YORUBA are not Igbo that sold out their birth right to the Northerners in 2018 because of fear of losing and will be seeing Yoruba as their enemy.

From APC and PDP a Yoruba presidential candidate will emerge.

9 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 22, 2018
Maduawuchukwu:

Nwanne you too much. Kwankwaso is still there o. We have got the yam and knife. Make dem dey jonze themselves.
Vote for them they will never vote for you.

We have said it again South easterners vote is inconsequential.

Abiola defeated Northerners and Igbo in 1993

Awolowo almost defeated Shagari and Igbo... Therefore your vote is meaningless.

Buhari will defeat Atiku.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 22, 2018
Kokolet11:
2023 will mark the end of Nigeria if yrouba people lead again. yrouba greed in 2023 will mark the end of Nigeria, I'm happy with the way they are coming out to say that 2023 belongs to them.if yrouba people succeed which I pray that they do, I wonder what ohanaeze will say concerning Biafra again. #2023

Did you lot not said worse than this before Buhari won in 2015? I.e "GEJ or Nigeria burns" and "Fulani will never rule Nigeria again" . Is Nigeria burning now and is it an Urhobo that is President right now?

Sitting online and making noise alone will not get you far in life. You still need to get on the ground to work for what you want. Look below to see how history has wasted your fellow kinsmen to show they are noisemakers and awful analysts who get it wrong because, like you, they work with sentiments 100% of the time. Never with pragmatism and a realistic appreciation of issues.

If the link below , from 2012 when Igbos were drunk on GEJ "Azikiwe" Presidency, is not enough I can supply a hell of a lot more thay will only compound your disgrace and that of your kinsmen.

https://www.nairaland.com/986533/why-hausa-fulani-may-never

Oh, believe me when i tell you this: the hausa fulani already know they are done with civilian power in nigeria. They are just lashing out for nothing. They have no one to blame for not making use of the power they had judiciously.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Lipscomb(m): 10:28am On Dec 22, 2018
2023 will be interesting I pray God keep us alive .

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:44am On Dec 22, 2018
Drchristian:

I promise you that Yoruba or Osibanjo will defeat Tambuwal. 100% assurance.

YORUBA are not Igbo that sold out their birth right to the Northerners in 2018 because of fear of losing and will be seeing Yoruba as their enemy.

From APC and PDP a Yoruba presidential candidate will emerge.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin congratulations in advance to Osibanjo tongue tongue tongue tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:46am On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Did you lot not said worse than this before Buhari won in 2015? I.e "GEJ or Nigeria burns" and "Fulani will never rule Nigeria again" . Is Nigeria burning now and is it an Urhobo that is President right now?

Sitting online and making noise alone will not get you far in life. You still need to get on the ground to work for what you want. Look below to see how history has wasted your fellow kinsmen to show they are noisemakers and awful analysts who get it wrong because, like you, they work with sentiments 100% of the time. Never with pragmatism and a realistic appreciation of issues.

If the link below , from 2012 when Igbos were drunk on GEJ "Azikiwe" Presidency, is not enough I can supply a hell of a lot more thay will only compound your disgrace and that of your kinsmen.

https://www.nairaland.com/986533/why-hausa-fulani-may-never

The yorubas are not like Northeners.You don't have the numbers or the clout to pull it off.Continue to dream.The north will continue to rule us until the yorubas develop some sense.Yoruba's only chance if ruling will be if Buhari dies in power.As far as winning presidential elections are concerned just forget it

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:48am On Dec 22, 2018
Drchristian:

Vote for them they will never vote for you.

We have said it again South easterners vote is inconsequential.

Abiola defeated Northerners and Igbo in 1993

[b]Awolowo almost defeated Shagari and Igbo... [/b]Therefore your vote is meaningless.

Buhari will defeat Atiku.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Awolowo ALMOST defeated Shagari.Osibanjo ALMOST defeated Tambuwal grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Ziggylady(f): 10:48am On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

The slot, in my opinion, belongs almost exclusively to the SW even though the SE also qualifies in terms of equity and fairness to all. Nonetheless, the reality is that the SE disqualified itself idealogically in the minds of kingmakers who would ordinarily support them to the top job because of many many antics in the past decades that shows the region is hateful and, in general, does not mean well for others and cannot at all be trusted with power.

Ordinary Nigerians should learn to face reality. SS don't qualify and SE disqualified itself. Simple as that. If Buhari wins then your President in 2023 is Yoruba. This is why we should all have an eye on tomorrow when tempted to misbehave, burn bridges and upset others today.

Your delusions of grandeur has no part two...You all will just sit your bums in some cave typing crap and attributing greatness and invincibilty to yourselves which are all in your heads..

So you think if a Northerner runs in 2023,their electorate will leave their candidate and vote a yorubaman??..has that ever happened??...the entre northern region voted for buhari the three times he failed and that will not change!!..

Jonathan succeeded in 2011 because the entire South including the Midfle-belt minus Osun state voted for Jonathan and stopped buhari..

Best believe that if in 2023 APC fields yorubaman while PDP fields a Northerner...The northern candidate will coast home to victory by a wide margin..Northerners shall rule for as long as Nigeria exists instead of yorubas to rule before SE again.

Go and bookmark that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by RTSC: 10:50am On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin congratulations in advance to Osibanjo tongue tongue tongue tongue

Stop encouraging nobodies.

The guy would be deluded enough to think he has an opinion.

The powers that be in the apc are looking towards an igbo presidency in 2023, and you think the opinion of a Yoruba man on nairaland matters?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by StOla: 10:51am On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Very apt!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:54am On Dec 22, 2018
Why don't vyou remove Abiola's SE/SS votes and see if he will still win.2023 will be different.Since the SW wants to take the rest of the south for fools.We will teach them that no one has a monopoly of playing sophisticated politics.A SW candidate against a northern candidate will only win in the SW and middle belt and faill woefully elsewhere

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by StOla: 10:55am On Dec 22, 2018
Ziggylady:

Your delusions of grandeur has no part two...You all will just sit your bums in some cave typing crap and attributing greatness and invincibilty to yourselves which are all in your heads..

So you think if a Northerner runs in 2023,their electorate will leave their candidate and vote a yorubaman??..has that ever happened??...the entre northern region voted for buhari the three times he failed and that will not change!!..

Jonathan succeeded in 2011 because the entire South including the Midfle-belt minus Osun state voted for Jonathan and stopped buhari..

Best believe that if in 2023 APC fields yorubaman while PDP fields a Northerner...The northern candidate will coast home to victory by a wide margin..Northerners shall rule for as long as Nigeria exists instead of yorubas to rule before SE again.

Go and bookmark that.

This slave has once again brought her Northern masters into the discourse.

If you like you can give APGA's presidential ticket to a Northerner while the SouthWest and SouthSouth both compete for the presidential tickets of APC and PDP.

It is not the fault of the rest of the South that the Igbos have burnt bridges and continue to do so daily, such that they have already accepted defeat to the SouthWest and SouthSouth even before party primaries are held.

Every time 2023 elections are discussed, it is always an Igbo bringing up the North into the discussion.

Why are the Igbos in PDP scared of competing with the rest of the South for party presidential ticket and general election, like the whole of the North across all 3 regions just did in PDP for the 2019 elections?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:56am On Dec 22, 2018
StOla:

Very apt!

apt k aptitude test ni.Shebi almajiri will leave his brother and vote for Yoruba candidate because he has been building bridges baa? Una never see anything yet.The same way the SS/SE teamed with the north to make Dogara speaker against Gbajabiailla so shall it happen in 2023.Dogara was elected speaker principally from people from the SE/SS because the SW wanted to prove there are too smart.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Ziggylady(f): 10:56am On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

These Yorubas think they have sense....we are waiting for them in 2023

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:58am On Dec 22, 2018
StOla:

This slave has once again has brought their Northern masters into the discourse.

If you like you can give APGA's presidential ticket to a Northerner while the SouthWest and SouthSouth both compete for the presidential tickets of APC and PDP.

It is not the fault of the rest of the South that the Igbo's have burnt bridges and continue to do so daily, such that they have already accepted defeat to the SouthWest and SouthSouth even before party primaries are held.

abegi don't mention the SS and SW in one sentence ever again.You betrayed their son in 2015 and wants them to support you in 2023.See people that are talking about burning bridges.Bridges kee you dia

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Bros you are always polite and calm. That is a great quality unlike your uncouth fellowmen whose insulting ways ellicit same from us as a consequence.

To your point. Sure PDP can produce Tambuwal. We would have to see whether influential APC Northerners would not work against him because they themselves have an eye on the Presidency after Osinbajo and know they beed SW support for that project.

Buhari would support Osinbajo or any Yoruba candidate in the spirit of equity and considering the unwavering support his region has gotten from th SW politically. So would a lot of Northerners in the APC like EL Rufai et all who will only grow more in influence in the next four year.

We will see sha but what is clear is that Yorubas, unlike others , won't stop trying because we have already assumed the worst as Igbos do to their own detriment always. Remember Tinubu never gave up trying to depose the PDP when Ogbulafor was busy bragging that PDP would rule for 60 years.

Whereas many Igbos, bar few like Ngige, ever believed in working hard and challenging the status quo. They just want to jump on any 'food is ready' political platform, like Obi is now doing with the PDP, without appreciating you have to nurture and build things that will last and continue deliver for you.

No one can predict the future but I would not bet against the long term planning, patience, bridge-building ability and visionary approach of the Yorubas getting them what they want.

8 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by BigBashiru: 11:00am On Dec 22, 2018
Power is returning to the people of Nigeria through Sowore of AAC..

Now is the time for Nigeria to be great again.

Sowore ascend to the throne !!
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Ziggylady(f): 11:01am On Dec 22, 2018
StOla:

This slave has once again has brought their Northern masters into the discourse.

It is not the fault of the rest of the South that the Igbo's have burnt bridges and continue to do so daily, such that they have already accepted defeat to the SouthWest and SouthSouth even before party primaries are held.

Blablablabla...You can call me whatever you like its your business...

We shall see how many 'bridges' you have in 2023 when APC fields a yoruba person and PDP a Northerner..That is when you will know that 'khaki no be leather.

.Shey you are all pitching your tents with buhari because you imagine he will handover to Osinbanjo abi?..

Till then. cool

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by StOla: 11:01am On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

abegi don't mention the SS and SW in one sentence ever again.You betrayed their son in 2015 and wants them to support you in 2023.See people that are talking about burning bridges.Bridges kee you dia

We already know that a failed Jonathan who failed those who already supported him in 2011, was deserving of his sack.

Till today, only the Igbos carry his failure on their head as though they have no destiny to pursue.

The SouthSouth has moved on and are already pursuing their political plans for the 2023 presidency, while the Igbos remain stuck in the mud of 2015, unable to carry on with their lives.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Foolishbuhari: 11:02am On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Leave the clown alone! This politics of tribal division the yoruba especially are bringing up stands to hurt them more but they don't know.

We are talking about voting out a common evil but they are playing 2023 politics so want to foister the dullard upon us again because they don't want an igbo Man as VP... I pity them.

The best way out is for Atiku to win, Obi perhaps becomes president or slugs it out with another worthy man let the best win. Then a yoruba man takes over.

But if yorubas support the dullard so they can play 2023 politics, the joke would be on them as the remaining south would support Kwankwanso for president just to slight them and see the miracle they would pull for osinbajo or tinubu to win the presidency and then, not even tradermoni would save them!

Politics of hate and bigotry should never be supported

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uromi: A Brief Walk Into The History, Culture And Beliefs Of The Esan People / Despite ₦‎2.8 Trillion Subsidy, Power Averages 3,000MW In 10 Years / Arthur Eze's Comment And Implication On The Igbo Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.