Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,003 members, 7,814,418 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Obasanjo’s Govt Promoted Corruption — Reps ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo’s Govt Promoted Corruption — Reps ! (2653 Views)

Buhari & Ojukwu Protesting Against Obasanjo's Govt (throwback Pic) / Past Govts Promoted Corruption In Oil Sector - Buhari / I Won’t Recognise Obasanjo’s Govt Says General Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo’s Govt Promoted Corruption — Reps ! by chidichris(m): 11:45am On Aug 08, 2010
this same obj that is fighting corruption now was the obj that sent his security operatives to beat up AIT staffs for airing the nass live proceeding on 3rd term.

the funny aspect of it is that when atiku was accused of corruption in 2007, he did not object to that rather he said, yes, i am corrupt but we are two in it. he made us to understand that whatsoever crime he committed was committed alongside obj and that brueied the matter because the man vowed not to go down alone and today is anyone calling atiku corrupt again? the answer is no. the harlibutton and siemens scandals all showed obj was involved and nothinmg was made out of the two cases till date.
now, the house of rep. obj said they are corrupt and they know obj was right but to make it more truthful, they are pointing to the leader of their gang and he is no other person than obasanjo.

from 1999 till date, no one can mention any big time crime or scandal that does not have the name of obj in it and this accounts to why non of these cases has been resolved but obasanjo himself has refused to quit and give room for transparency.

obasanjo is the symbol of corruption in nigeria. change is the only constant thing in life and this wicked grandfather and great great garnd ancestor has refused to give room for change.

look at other countries, wether u did well or not, u will at the end of ur tenure give room for another group to try their luck.

great and influential presidents like clinton and bush all gave change a chance hence america has obama today.

it is obvious that obasanjo is afraid hence he is seating on the way of justice always.
at his age, his brain can only experience diminishing returns and that exactly what nigeria is suffering from. weak brains like that of obasanjo is in charge. one day, we will see this same obasanjo wearing the nigerian jersey and the captain armband of the super eagles as the captain of our national team because he has refused to be old.

i know some old soldiers of obj's levels in my village, they are partial madmen as a result of injections and drugs used on them during their active years and from the way obj address the press and act in public gatherings, one can see that he is not different from the ones in my village.

in other countries, a man who lost control of his immediate family has no moral stabdard to lead others. a man who is so low that he can sleep with his daughter inlaw in no manner is qualified to be a public figure. what can young ppl learn from a morally dead man? such man can never be a role model to any youth with good ambitions.
Re: Obasanjo’s Govt Promoted Corruption — Reps ! by xterra2(m): 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2010
truly:

my DISDAIN for Obj grows in leaps and bounds daily. Whatever the expectations of people, he only speaks partial truth.
I cannot imagine the likes of IBB, Atiku or Tinubu being as hypocritical as an Obj railing against corruption whilst being enmeshed in it

You will reacall that when Obj was carrying on about corruption and disqualifying every body in 2007, IBB just pointed out cooly
that Obj's administration was not not saintly
Of course, Obj kept quiet

And don't forget his fray with Orji Kalu
Orji Kalu said that Obj could not accuse of stealing that he had mkney before coming into government
and that he donated N100m to Obj's campaign
Obj said that Kalu donated the money to PDP
Kalue countered that the cheque was cleared through Obj' account
Obj kept quiet   

The Federal government had enough evidence to nail Makanjuola - Obj's cousin - for corruption
Suddenly Obj' Justice Minister - Kanu Agabi - withdrew the case from court via a nolle prosequi

He harrases legislators for being corrupt, but his daughter is one of them.
When his daughter was being sought by EFCC for the Health Ministry scam, did he speak the truth by asking Iyabo to show up? No he did not

He always accused Atiku of corruption, but when the chips were down
we saw a cheques on PTDF account in favour of ladies, and companies related to Obj
Obj gave the contract for incorporation of  Galaxy backbone to his friend and lawyer, Afe Babalola. That job cost all of us N250m - for just 1 company

Obj without due process and budgetary approval mobilised contractors to start work on Abuja stadium
How much did the project cost us
Obj said Atiku got a friend to front for him to buy AP; Atiku denied it, Obj continued to insist
Meanwhile, Obj was buying shares in Transcorp

Obj hated corruption so much that he started bribing legislators to amend the constitution to allow a 3rd term
He knew Yaradua was sick, but continued to say that electing him (Yaradua) was a do-or-die affair. Why?
Without legislative approval, he signed away Bakassi

Obj vetoed the Freedom of Information Bill after the legislature has approved it
Obj asked the legislators for N1b to hold a national conference
The NASS said no, insisting that the presidency had enough money to organise the event

Suddenly this money materialised from the presidency and Obj organised the event without additional budgetary approval
So what would have happended to that money without the conference being held?

When Bola Ige died, Obj pretended to be sad
But subsequent events revealed that he is a cheap liar
The judge resigned because he was being pressured from unexpected quarters
Obj said he said that he had been trying to see Debo Akande - the prosecutor
Debo Akande simply pointed out that there is no Nigerian who has not gone into hiding
that the president would like to see and would be able to avoid the president for even 1 week

Obasanjo in the twilight of his administration suddenly announced that the police - under that despicable Ehindero - had made a breakthrough
in the Bola Ige's case

So who is the culprit - one drug baron, masked speaking to journalist behind a screen to whom questions could not be put
And has the man be prosecuted? May be tommorrow

In 2007, nobody was allowed to contest freely against Obj's candidates
People were just being indicted and disqualified
At first, Tejuoso who was to stand against Obj's daughter was indicted and disqualified
When people pointed out that Tejuoso had never being in government and wondered why  he was being indicted
they hurriedly reversed the indictment

We can fill 5 pages here with FACTUAL account of Obj's misdemeanors

True
This man has no shame
Re: Obasanjo’s Govt Promoted Corruption — Reps ! by Teminio: 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2010
Yeah! But not as much as IBB
Re: Obasanjo’s Govt Promoted Corruption — Reps ! by LeStylo: 9:19pm On Aug 09, 2010
truly:

my DISDAIN for Obj grows in leaps and bounds daily. Whatever the expectations of people, he only speaks partial truth.
I cannot imagine the likes of IBB, Atiku or Tinubu being as hypocritical as an Obj railing against corruption whilst being enmeshed in it

You will reacall that when Obj was carrying on about corruption and disqualifying every body in 2007, IBB just pointed out cooly
that Obj's administration was not not saintly
Of course, Obj kept quiet

And don't forget his fray with Orji Kalu
Orji Kalu said that Obj could not accuse of stealing that he had mkney before coming into government
and that he donated N100m to Obj's campaign
Obj said that Kalu donated the money to PDP
Kalue countered that the cheque was cleared through Obj' account
Obj kept quiet   

The Federal government had enough evidence to nail Makanjuola - Obj's cousin - for corruption
Suddenly Obj' Justice Minister - Kanu Agabi - withdrew the case from court via a nolle prosequi

He harrases legislators for being corrupt, but his daughter is one of them.
When his daughter was being sought by EFCC for the Health Ministry scam, did he speak the truth by asking Iyabo to show up? No he did not

He always accused Atiku of corruption, but when the chips were down
we saw a cheques on PTDF account in favour of ladies, and companies related to Obj
Obj gave the contract for incorporation of  Galaxy backbone to his friend and lawyer, Afe Babalola. That job cost all of us N250m - for just 1 company

Obj without due process and budgetary approval mobilised contractors to start work on Abuja stadium
How much did the project cost us
Obj said Atiku got a friend to front for him to buy AP; Atiku denied it, Obj continued to insist
Meanwhile, Obj was buying shares in Transcorp

Obj hated corruption so much that he started bribing legislators to amend the constitution to allow a 3rd term
He knew Yaradua was sick, but continued to say that electing him (Yaradua) was a do-or-die affair. Why?
Without legislative approval, he signed away Bakassi

Obj vetoed the Freedom of Information Bill after the legislature has approved it
Obj asked the legislators for N1b to hold a national conference
The NASS said no, insisting that the presidency had enough money to organise the event

Suddenly this money materialised from the presidency and Obj organised the event without additional budgetary approval
So what would have happended to that money without the conference being held?

When Bola Ige died, Obj pretended to be sad
But subsequent events revealed that he is a cheap liar
The judge resigned because he was being pressured from unexpected quarters
Obj said he said that he had been trying to see Debo Akande - the prosecutor
Debo Akande simply pointed out that there is no Nigerian who has not gone into hiding
that the president would like to see and would be able to avoid the president for even 1 week

Obasanjo in the twilight of his administration suddenly announced that the police - under that despicable Ehindero - had made a breakthrough
in the Bola Ige's case

So who is the culprit - one drug baron, masked speaking to journalist behind a screen to whom questions could not be put
And has the man be prosecuted? May be tommorrow

In 2007, nobody was allowed to contest freely against Obj's candidates
People were just being indicted and disqualified
At first, Tejuoso who was to stand against Obj's daughter was indicted and disqualified
When people pointed out that Tejuoso had never being in government and wondered why  he was being indicted
they hurriedly reversed the indictment

We can fill 5 pages here with FACTUAL account of Obj's misdemeanors

And as if all these were not enough, he cornered 7.5 billion naira all in the pretext of building some none-like-it Presidential library. Perhaps people living in Abeokuta would give me the accurate address of where it's built.

With eyes wide open he l[b]eft the universities on strike for over 7 months[/b], that would still go into the annals of history as the single longest national strike that didn't tickle the presidential conscience. He came out claiming he was doing this to sanitise the educational sector even his "kids and wards" are in the Nigerian universities too. "Babanla Iro"! While the strike was on, late Mme Stella Obasanjo went to celebrate the graduation of his son in one of the foreign universities in "oyinbo land" in company of over 100 women!!! And as if was not enough, Mr Dele Momodu made money publishing it in his made-for-the-rich glossy.

The media was awashed with the president's "harsh" condolence at victims of Ikeja bomb blast when instead of commiserating , he retorted that he needn't be there! What a way to share empathy! The journalists were afraid of baba's presidential treatment of journalists. I always knew that word HARSH was traded for HEARTLESS.

Ah! Maybe, someone would say i am getting "heartless" at the poor, old man in my choice of words but how do you describe the genocide at Odi, Zaki-Biam and all. This is talking about using the "good office" to carry out genocide of "little" proportions. Please pardon my sarcasm.

Interestingly, our dear ex-president drenched the shoes laces of George W. Bush ith sympathetic tears at the attack of September 11. Well, for your information sir, the Ikeja cantonment human loss is not less than three times that of the attack on the "ex"-WTC.

Only an Obasanjo's "pikin" like Omisore would in bye-elections in prison while being investigated for the murder of the attorney general of the country! Only during baba's regime would a president utter on national TV that the elections shall be do-or-die!
Only during that "glorious" 8-yr term did all opposition big-wigs die in one season!  Harry Marshal, Dikibo, Bola Ige, Ishyaku Mohammed, Ogbonaya Uche, Daramola Ayodele, Emily Omope, Mr and Mrs Brnabas Igwe (remember?),  I wished i could think faster!

We shall not forget in a hurry the trading off of ASCL (Ajaokuta) to Solgas of the US. Still beats me silly how a Steel company could be suggested for being scrapped off and replaced by a generating power plant because "it's obsolete technology"! It was a rip-off of the century. Sadly, it got so little space in the news.

I could recall that fateful morning on Radio Nigeria's 7am news in 2000 how i cheered the signing of the big road contracts for the year. The first express road contract signed was the Ibadan-Ilorin express road. That link was called the "nightmare". If you are from the region, you must have a family member who has been a victim of the state of that road. Despite being reviewed to multiples of its original value, only a third - Ilorin-Ogbomoso saw daylight!
His (OBJ) huge bill-board was placed on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway announcing expansion since 2005. The bill boards rotted, the project never kicked-off yet we all saw it on network news being signed away to some lucky dude.

Corruption - Harlliburton, Siemens, Transcorp, Aladja steel (sold as a scrap to indian investors who turned it around without importing a dime to spend on it), privatisation of AP, National oil, etc nko?, National ID card scam, COJA (remember the 100s of brand new BMWs?), CHOGOM, Power Supply (NEPA abi na PHCN - 16bn USD),the national stadium, abuja so many we all know the libraries would over-flow. I seriously would not like to delve into how Obasanjo Farms, Nigeria (OFN) rode on the back of Operation Feed the Nation (OFN) to acquire such priceless thousands of hectares to himself. What about the highly guarded secrets of the proceeds of the Nigerian oil investments in Sao Tome? We know the account books on our own oil never balances but have we ever given a thought to the proceeds from the Sao Tomean deep-water fields

I could recall Abacha's humble start at repairing the rail track expansion and upgrade. Bad, callous and hated as he may be perceived, he saw the tracks from Ajaokuta across Ughelli to Warri! Unfortunately, he died before the tracks hit Aladja. Obj could not complete it despite allocating more resources. It was like abandoning the tracks to a technological break. Nigeria's revenue soared, Nigerians gave full support and confidence, but what did we get in return but misrule and what became a standard for greater misrules and colossal  thieving in public office.

EFCC Like someone intelligently put, he did this so he could have everyone by the balls, no wonder no one can really pull a punch at Obj. No one! Cos he's got their files all under his pillow. One word, and "we all get roasted"!

In spitefulness, Baba Iyabo also abandoned the almost-completed the Mambilla Hydro Power Project all because of Atiku and frustrated a brilliant Independent Power Plant Project in Lagos all because of his hate for Tinubu. What kind of man trades the future of a population for the hatred of a man

That is what kind of man the OBJ i know is! IBB might have crippled the nation, he killed what was left of it!  cry

Too bad this is only Nairaland, not TELL's pages.

Le Stylo  wink
Re: Obasanjo’s Govt Promoted Corruption — Reps ! by ikeyman00(m): 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@

na trait dey worrri yerobos

obj na i diot
Re: Obasanjo’s Govt Promoted Corruption — Reps ! by banku: 9:45pm On Aug 09, 2010
Le Stylo,

Who do you prefer? A thief who call out the other thieves or the one that kept quiet, dare you to probe and say others stole more than him.

I prefer OBJ who knows he is a looter and call out other looters.
Re: Obasanjo’s Govt Promoted Corruption — Reps ! by LeStylo: 12:35am On Aug 10, 2010
It would only have made sense if Obj looted with conscience. His noise is without conscience and remorse, so it's a a greater disservice to the personality he claims. We call it hypocrisy in "smaller" English.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Economy: Headed For The G20? / I’m Not Planning To Abandon Atiku – Ibb / How Cultists Prepared To Set Benin On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.