Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years (9772 Views)

Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? / Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB / Picture Of Youth Corper With "Killer Curves" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:49am On Aug 06, 2010
ziddy:

David Mark is well known for his oafish statements now. This is no surprise, coming from him.
i am not surprised as well and i am just laughing because i know it won't happen. People are complaining of one year of suffering, he wants to extend it to two years. Very useless human being. Instead of looking at ways they can fix the system right, they are creating channels to satisfy their selfish motives. Fools!
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by kufreabasi(m): 11:58am On Aug 06, 2010
David Mark and his peoples are bunche problems to this nation. Why must he extend youth service to two years, request them to join in army training. which mean corpers are to be train as military and retain as military logically? while his children are abroad studying.
They don't encourage education in nigeria. No wonder Falconets crumber with scholarship award.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Jencejyde(m): 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2010
Only in Nigeria, They are not thinking about how to compensate the corpers that lost lives and belongings during the crisis period in Jos, instead they want to prolong their sufferings. NYSC that i IMHO personally believs does not exist with the high level of corruption. Insteda of scrapping the thing and rebuilding it they just want to enrich their pockets by bringing in more qoutations for khaki and the rest. As for me God forbid that any of ny kids do NYSC, rather they will use their trained knowlegde to take care of themselves.

Which one of david's mark children is here in Nigeria, and he wants other peeps children to suffer as if that service will guarantee jobs for the kids, SHIO!!!!!!!!1
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by konkolok: 12:13pm On Aug 06, 2010
David "Telephone is not for the poor" Mark, has never said anything meaningful in his entire life and never will. What a waste of human matter!
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Jeovy(m): 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2010
@Post,
I thought it was a joke  
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by likeme(m): 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2010
Did David Mark go to University at all?

Such a silly statement. Spending another 2 years after 5+ years ins school for thast peanut pay.
1 year is ok. I had a nice time in Enugu though for that 1 year. God bless IMT and UNEC students and Polo park inclusive.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by joanana(f): 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2010
angry This is crazy!!!!!!!! Whats wrong with Daivd Mark.  angry angry
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by rhemakc(f): 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2010
I fink dat man, they call David MArk has gone wakoooo. How can i serve Nigeria for 2yrs. I mean, on what ground s?
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2010
Scrap David Mark, and Scrap NYSC, NYSC IS USELESS in Nigeria, In france it will give u work, in Nigeria it will give u Joblessness and Suffering.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by obi123: 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2010
He suggested that, in addition to the military training, the first year should also be devoted to training the graduates in discipline, national interest, values and inculcation of patriotism, ideals of nationhood and development. "

So all this cant be achieved in a year abi? ewu nama, they have not found a solution of how to develop the program at it is now , and he is suggesting that the duration be increased to 2 yrs.
How do these people come up with these ideas honestly
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Utaroz(m): 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2010
I'm sure oga David did not think this idea through. The NYSC program was better organised in the past, and till the late 90's with just a single batch per annum. Now at two streams per year, the directorate can hardly manage the number of graduates churned out every year with back-log of graduates waiting their turn to be called up.  undecided

This request for an extention and a robust military curricullar will require more than an announcement for proper implementation. And the reasons proferred for its adoption can be easily addressed with a conscious rejuvenation of the education system in the country. You cannot apply a two-year cosmetic finish to a defective academic orientation and expect a miracle product.

Distinguished senator; address the rot in the academia and all other things (positive values) shall be added unto Nigeria.  cheesy
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by seyibrown(f): 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2010
This request for an extention and a robust military curricullar will require more than an announcement for proper implementation. And the reasons proferred for its adoption can be easily addressed with a conscious rejuvenation of the education system in the country. You cannot apply a two-year cosmetic finish to a defective academic orientation and expect a miracle product.

Distinguished senator; address the rot in the academia and all other things (positive values) shall be added unto Nigeria.

True!
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2010
likeme:

Did David Mark go to University at all?

Such a silly statement. Spending another 2 years after 5+ years ins school for thast peanut pay.
1 year is ok. I had a nice time in Enugu though for that 1 year. God bless IMT and UNEC students and Polo park inclusive.
i dont think he attended any university talkless of going for service.he prolly attended only NDA,useless man
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by aieromon(m): 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2010
David Mark is synonymous with makin' moronic statements.
^^Moving on . . .
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by cyril10(m): 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2010
Mark speaking from both sides of his mouth, shows how unserious our leaders can be. Rather than seek a better way of creating employment for our graduates he is there ranting.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by bisiaet: 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2010
But for God sake what is wrong with this people called politician? One year of youth service is already a mess and this anufia is talking of two years he must be ewu(Goat) infact he is mad
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by sweeti14(f): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2010
angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry angry  angry  angry  angry  angry. Nor be only 2 years nah 5 years mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!  angry  angry  angry
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by blank(f): 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2010
He is a mad man!
We will continue to pray for the abolishing of the NYSC scheme.
God help our youths.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by ud4u: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2010
Two years!!!!!!!!!!!!hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Na waa for am
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by iyaski: 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2010
David Mark i must say you are out of you mind and you should get your head examined.

Na ur family go do 2 years

Thurder fire u.

We are saying scrap the damn thing or better still increase the pay to about 40bar per month to encourage people
you are say 2 year.

You dey crase for that you pineapple head. angry angry angry angry angry angry grin
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Meldrick(m): 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2010
it clearly tells you the type of leaders we have. no plans for the youths so in order to kill time, he proposes an extension.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by timy2a: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2010
Hmmmm! I think Mark should also include in his suggestion that people like him (who im sure didn't partake in the scheme) should first be made to do so compulsorily (two years of [b]N[/b]ow [b]Y[/b]our [b]S[/b]uffering [b]C[/b]ontinues). It's unfortunate he made no comments about the allowee (how poor it currently stands - less than N10,000/month) and the risk of religious and ethnic tensions. Is it worth it? Please, Mr. Mark reconsider your position.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by reindeer: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2010
Isnt this the same David Mark who said way back as communications minister that ''telephone wasnt for the poor''?
We could get used to such poorly though ideas from him anyway.
All the youth need are role models which his ilk aren't able to provide, so if there are no good ideas, he should just zip it!

well it will be a good idea if the following conditions are met.

No one gets posted to the north without their express permission

The minimum wage should be 200k per month for those 2 years

First rate accommodation is provided for those years

all eligible youth are mobilised that year

and as a thought  all those in the senate with forged NYSC certificates face the death penalty!!
grin
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Donpuk(m): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2010
Dear David mark,
You once called Libyan president,Ghadafi,mad.for calling for the division of nigeria,but Sir,now i know you are RAVING MAD,for making this youth unfriendly statement.i believe you made this statement because you have not participated in the exercise,either do your kids or grand kids,as the case maybe,hence you don't know the trauma,the participants passes through,because you can always buy the discharge certificate for them,even if elongated to 5yrs,and incorporated into our system of education:6-3-3-4--5, please censor your public utterances,
Thanks.
Corp member.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by reindeer: 2:07pm On Aug 06, 2010
God bless you corps member!

Their kids dont really serve.
They go back to nija for 3 weeks orientation in lagos or abuja, refuse to sleep on site for a single night those 3weeks, return to the UK or back to the US after the camp and return 12months later to pick up the certificate.
nwa ewu!
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Noghayin03(m): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2010
who be dis yeye yankee guy wey think say him precious pas us here?
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by AndreUweh(m): 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2010
Two years is cool. Just my personal opinion. Most corp members do not get employed for one year after passing out from service. Instead of being jobless for one year, they should still be in service. The allowance has now been increased even.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by hassymo5(m): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2010
post are link poster,where did you read it
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Azedplus(m): 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2010
Number one on the list of the most stupid,corrupt ,dumb ass nigerian is any ex-military politician e.g OBJ,DAVID MARK,IBB,BUHARI the list goes on
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by mrkoma2012: 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2010
This man is high on cheap drugs!!How many graduates are currently unemployed?Do not believe this is an important issue for him for sort out.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by nigerhead(m): 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2010
grin grin grin , use 6years for university instead of 4, then another 1 year to get mobilised before you den get thrown to one bush to suffer for one year, then this my friend is saying we should extend it to 2years , with Military training , and they wonder why we have Militants in the Niger Delta , may we be delivered from such foolish ideas b4 it gets too too late for us as a Nation.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by vorosmartm(m): 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2010
First of all, NYSC is a means to put young nigerians through untold hardship
Secondly, its one of the biggest wells the federal govt. is dumping money into
Thirdly, it adds no value to corpers as a matter of fact it takes from them
Conlusion, it should be scraped.

By the way Mark with all his discipline and nationalism, what has he been able to do to push Nigeria forward. If what our national assembly members practising is nationalism then i'm anti national.

He should repair himself and his house first before others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fast Track Your Career With Jpts Intl Inc. / David Mark Hosts Corp Members To Dinner At Otukpo / Getting Cheap/free Accommodation In Abuja As A Corper Nysc 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.