Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years (9777 Views)

Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? / Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB / Picture Of Youth Corper With "Killer Curves" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by ndgfx(m): 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2010
You want a graph?
First year: 100% implementation
80% participation of corpers

Second year: 100% implementation
50% participation of corpers

Third year: 70% implementation
52% participation of corpers

Forth year: 90% implementation
20% participation of corpers

Fifth year: 80% implementation
12% participation of corpers

Six year: 60% implementation
No-one bothers anymore.

Thats how it's gonna go down.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by andyanders: 9:10pm On Aug 07, 2010
Why Is David Mark asking for 2 yrs NYSC program? Did the federal government in any way assist parents to see their wards through College? With billions David Mark got, why not give all Nigerians scholarship through the University. He was an Army officer and has made his money through the system.

Listen he wants 2 yr program so that they can be getting these young girls for their meals with stolen money. That is why at any point, any young graduate wants to go to Abuja to serve.

To me, NYSC is a waste. The initial concept has been defeated. Initial graduates were been recruited from the University and on resumption, you are been giving a car loan and a house to stay. Then you can now know where you are going.

Now, after your NYSC, you will be pushed to the street to rot.10yrs after, a graduate is looking for job,. You can only get job when your parents are connected. Shame to Mark and his 2yrs
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by deluxecad(m): 9:17pm On Aug 07, 2010
ibrahim621:

@deluxecad YOU ARE TRULY IDIOTIC!

Mr. Senate President, If I may ask where did your children get their education, i bet they didn't participate in the useless sham known as NYSC. Instead of looking forward, you want to drive the youths of this country backwards, NIGERIANS arise and implore the senate 2 impeach this useless man before he collapses the entire educational system.

Well, I think you are more of a loud cheeky and brainless FO.OL going by the way you responded. I'm entitled to my humble opinion, I should not in any way take a beating from your sick self because of that. Get a course in morals and good ethics when you are interacting with people.  That Mr. Mark made the proposition does not mean that it has been upheld neither has it been passed as a bill because I saw reasons with him.  Make your point, if any, and bounce! Stop calling names and pointing fingers.

ibrahim621:

@ deluxecad ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE MAKING AN backside OF YOURSELF, the average life-span of a man in nigeria is less than 50, and you still want him wasting more years of his life only to finish and face unemployment, you must be sick, I have a friend finished youth service since 2008 and he's still in the job market, I opted out of mine and chose 2 travel and I'm making more than 450k naira per month doing what I love, So 2 support mr mark's idiotic expression would be suicide.

You still did not make any reason out of all the garbage you wrote here. If there's a sustainable NYSC scheme that can pay your friend well and train him for two years on entrepreneurial skills he can use to be on his own afterwards, would he still be hanging in the job market for two years.
You come thru as a dude with NO sense of reason at all or are you just trying to show off how much you get paid when you are cheaply used to courier crack and joint in wherever you alleged that you presently reside? Damn it! Make your point, if you have any and walk!
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2010
It's easy to see why corruption and injustice reigns in Nigeria, when the likes of you, can support such notion, you are obviously ignorant, otherwise you would have known that Mr.mark's point is definitely flawed. Firstly, there's no guaranty that after two years of service or so called military brainwashing that corpers would be provided jobs worth their status, more also with the enormous amount of resources that nigeria harbors, why is it so difficult to pay our corpers sufficient amount of money while they are serving their country, instead of the peanuts they're given as allowances. Lastly When the vast majority of graduates realize that they are better opportunities outside their country, why then won't they leave, only those who succeed are regarded as brainards, if u no get money, u are classified as poor and inferior, so b4 u open your cursed mouth , try 2 educate yourself first.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Ibomade1: 9:37pm On Aug 07, 2010
Senators only care about one thing: Their pockects. Silly people
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by deluxecad(m): 10:01pm On Aug 07, 2010
ibrahim621:

It's easy to see why corruption and injustice reigns in Nigeria, when the likes of you, can support such notion, you are obviously ignorant, otherwise you would have known that Mr.mark's point is definitely flawed. Firstly, there's no guaranty that after two years of service or so called military brainwashing that corpers would be provided jobs worth their status, more also with the enormous amount of resources that nigeria harbors, why is it so difficult to pay our corpers sufficient amount of money while they are serving their country, instead of the peanuts they're given as allowances. Lastly When the vast majority of graduates realize that they are better opportunities outside their country, why then won't they leave, only those who succeed are regarded as brainards, if u no get money, u are classified as poor and inferior, so b4 u open your cursed mouth , try 2 educate yourself first.

Deal with your inability to embrace the truth and reality. Give the youths training thru whatever means and NYSC could be a good one if it's restructured and made to possibly last for two years. Did you serve? Your inappropriate use of invectives and swear words speaks volumes of how much more home training you still seriously need. Get it!
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by philip0906(m): 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2010
^^
like I said b4,u r deluded.its not ur fault,u must be a bootlicker receiving small pieces of naira 2 make all these senseless comments of urs. . .What has my country done 4 me that I will serve it in Penury(9000 naira 4 2 years of mylife?) Everybody is clamouring 4 d scrapping of dat program,including the corpers involved and the one scumbag wants 2 increase it.After I spend 6years instead of my 4 years in the uni,I will then spend 2 years in a military camp just 2 obtain B.SC. . .If he and his kids will agree 2 lead d way,then we might just reconsider our stance
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by aomom(m): 2:47am On Aug 08, 2010
the height of stupidity! two years ko 2 yrs ni. afta 4-7 yrs in a uni then 2yrs for nysc! well when its his grandchildren's turn they can change it
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by wale0700(m): 5:46am On Aug 08, 2010
the guy is an idiot (2 years) very stupid
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by KnowAll(m): 7:16am On Aug 08, 2010
[size=14pt]It would have being a good idea, if the 2nd year is optional, so that those that have found jobs after the first year can go and take up those jobs, their employers would be required to inform the NYSC of such recruitment. I think the 2 year scheme suggested by David Mark should be used as a precursor for a 5 year un-employement c-um work for your benefit new graduate unemplyement scheme.
[/size]

[size=14pt]The scheme should work along this lines.[/size]

[size=14pt]1. 1st year compulsory for Graduates, salaries should be increased to aboutN25,000.00 a month.

2. 2nd year compulsory for all those who have not found a permanent job Salary would be N25,000.00 a month.

3. 3rd year Un-employement benefit by proxy kicks in, but the key to obtaining this benefit is stay in the scheme and get paid N20,000.00 a month, the salary would not be as high as the first and second year, one must be reminded this is a benefit and not a right. The 3rd year is 100% optional if you are not in the scheme you don't get the benefit.

4. 4th year also Un-employement benefit by proxy, 100% optional, Salary drops further to about N17,000.00 A YEAR.

5. 5th year and the last year for any graduate to opt for the scheme. Salary drops to N14,000.00 A YEAR. By this time any graduate that knows his onions should have gotten a permanenet job in their various primary assignments.
[/size]

[size=14pt]We have to Understand there is a serious gross under-employment in some states in the North, many at times places of Primary Assignment beg corpers to stay put,  but most corpers from the South would rather want to work in Banks, Oil and Gas , and telecome which are businesess mostly concentrated in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
[/size]

[size=14pt]For instance Yobe Goverment had to import Egyptian Doctors at $250,000.00 per annum, it later came to light by one of their collegues who was disgruntled that he who was a real Doctor was paid the same  amount in salary as Lab Technicians from his country.

Meanwhile our graduates who schooled in Nigeria would not take jobs in Yobe, Jigawa, Kebbi and Zamfara amongst other States I am aware and I know these State Goverment would not be offfering our graduates these mouth watering Salaries but then our graduates should be able to negotiate soemthing a lot better than what obtains in the South.

I remember when my Brother finished Medecine at UI, he had to work for N15,000.00 A MONTH DOING D/C in one private Hospital at Ibadan.

Meanwhile if he were to take up appointment in Yobe or Zamfara State he could be pocketing N100,000.00, which I know is a far cry from what the Egyptians are earning but considerable better than what those shylocks in the South are paying. This should be way forward for Graduates.[/size]
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 08, 2010
@know all - I wish you were the senate president, as interesting as this proposal might sound, it just won't be realistically possible, the nigerian leaders are gluttonous pigs and don't really care much for the youths of their country. Look @ china, India and russia, all have population relatively higher than nigeria, but look at their education system, as firm as a brick, it's a shame that after using 6 to 7 yrs 2 complete a degree of 4 yrs, our nigerian graduates must now dare 2 entertain the slight possibility of a longer youth service, absolutely unacceptable!!!!!
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by maclatunji: 10:38am On Aug 08, 2010
This Knowall? Guy is one smart dude, abi?
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by deluxecad(m): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2010
ibrahim621:

@know all - I wish you  were the senate president, as interesting as this proposal might sound, it just won't be realistically possible, the nigerian leaders are gluttonous pigs and don't really care much for the youths of their country. Look @ china, India and russia, all have population relatively higher than nigeria, but look at their education system, as firm as a brick, it's a shame that after using 6 to 7 yrs 2 complete a degree of 4 yrs, our nigerian graduates must now dare 2 entertain the slight possibility of a longer youth service, absolutely unacceptable!!!!!

I would to God that you'd work on your language and reasoning. It's so beclouded with ignorance and arrogance.

That guy has a good proposal that you have not even seen the blueprint and you are all out, lambasting and cursing.

Knowall has said it all, it is workable if the political will to do so is there. To his proposition, I also add the skills acquisition in whatever area anyone shows an inclination to.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by ravenzord(m): 11:08am On Aug 08, 2010
*heaves sigh of relief* So it was just an off the cuff statement at some military school's graduation ceremony, I was scared it was a bill he was tryna pass. Guy was just kissing some military butt.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by marcus1234: 11:13am On Aug 08, 2010
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2010
deluxecad- U ARE AN IDIOT!
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by poweredcom(m): 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2010
hey mark alechenu anya kor ocho haha me no sabi idoma language o/me be middlebelt but i am sometime not likin mark with dis idea
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by poweredcom(m): 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2010
hey mark alechenu anya kor ocho haha me no sabi idoma language o/me be middlebelt but i am sometime not likin mark with dis idea
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by eros(m): 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2010
Bros Mark you for extend youth service to ten years. Thieving bast.ard angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by afrointro: 10:25pm On Aug 08, 2010
for good state posting in NYSC, call +2348191-622502.its real
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by philip0906(m): 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2010
^^
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by candylips(m): 9:39am On Aug 09, 2010
^^ why are u surprised
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by kenogy: 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2010
I didnt wanna talk b4 concerning this David Mark dude. But finally i just have to ask, 'Who be this Guy sef'?
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by busifx(m): 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2010

@deluxecad
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years
« #100 on: August 06, 2010, 11:04 PM »

I think the senate president made a lot of sense in his submission. Just about when the camping is getting so sweet you wouldn't want to leave, it's over; just about when the service year becomes as sweet as can be, you are warming up for passing out parade. Let it be lengthened so that people can get the real juice out of the scheme. The longer the better you get to learn a new language, know a new culture, get more acquainted with whatever you were deployed to do as primary assignment, the better you learn to survive on your own in a distant land. It'll go a long way to better distribute jobs. Do you know how many youths NYSC turn out in a year alone? It's quite too much for the Nigerian impoverished job market to absorb. if it takes about too years for new set to be enrolled in the scheme, they'll have time to develop themselves even before going to serve while those that pass out will have more job opportunities to explore. The rush for jobs is just too mad.

Lengthen it! Let the youths have more vocational trainings and skills acquisition as the program is lengthened. There's good sense in that.

This @deluxecad guy must really be a thorough bred FOOL for daring to support david marks notion. Come to think of it maybe the slowpoke is related to the man self or is presently chopping governement money one way or the other.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by Parnassuss(m): 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2010
David Mark is an ex-boy of Nigeria Military School Zaria, the only military school in West Africa and one the last few true relics of the Nigerian Army. Ex-boys take fierce pride in their school and training. Also, after passing out from the secondary school, the Army Drafts in these boys and gives them the chance to study as serving soldiers. Many of these boys go on to become the best of the Nigerian Army (and even the Royal Army). They are usually proper hard-core men who believe in giving their all.
But some of these boys still opt to the Civilian side, it must have been for these boys benefit that Sen Mark spoke.
Personally, I see the idea he is tying to project, but realizing it will take more than just elevated talk of patriotism.

Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by kilakhan(m): 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2010
that David Mark is Senate President really burns me up. this joker has nothing to contribute to this nation. Can he point out one thing him and his august body of leeches have contributed to Nigerian development? In the light of the poverty in the land can they explain why they are paying themselves such bumper salaries? In a country where it takes strikes and threats of strike for the government to pay a minimum wage of N7,000 to a fellow citizen can they justify what they allocate to themselves as salaries and benefits?
what is the essence of 2 years of national service? if we wanted to be in the military would we not have applied to NDA? the military we see on the streets that act above the law are they disciplined? the military that we know engages in armed robbery are they patriotic or acting in the national interest? him and his cohorts that looted our commonwealth were they trying to ensure national survival by their stealing? please this wretched man should leave us to pick up the pieces of our lives the best we can. we do not the medicine he and his ilk prescribe. we have tried it before and we know where we are as a result.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by deluxecad(m): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2010
busifx:

This @deluxecad guy must really be a thorough bred FOOL for daring to support david marks notion. Come to think of it maybe the slowpoke is related to the man self or is presently chopping governement money one way or the other.

Your write-up is not the worst assault I've got so far in response to my opinion which I enumerated reasons for. Maybe you should consider tying up a noose and hanging your unthinking self, falling headlong until life fades from your poor frame.

My points are clear, what are yours? Did you just log in here to curse and abuse? Make a point so we can tell what exactly you stand for. I'm replying to you and as well other folks like you that didn't make any point but just attack with derogatory remarks.

Stand for something or perish for nothing!
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by philip0906(m): 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2010
^^
My friend stop playing cool joe. . .u didn't make sense at all(if dats what u want 2 hear). . . undecided undecided
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by deluxecad(m): 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2010
philip0906:

^^
My friend stop playing cool joe. . .u didn't make sense at all(if dats what u want 2 hear). . . undecided undecided

Omo, I'm not seeking attention neither do I crave your approval. I made my point, make yours waka pass. No sentiments attached. Anyway, have you served?
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by philip0906(m): 6:44pm On Aug 09, 2010
^^
well,u r only after ther people's reaction 2 ur "strange" posts,else u woulda seen where I stand.wonder y u choose 2 bootlick,rather than look at what d average Nigerian is craving 4. . ."scrap NYSC". . .its lost its glory and has turned into slavery. . .as 4 wether i've served,its not 2 relevant 2 this thread. . .
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by deluxecad(m): 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2010
philip0906:

^^
well,u r only after ther people's reaction 2 your "strange" posts,else u woulda seen where I stand.wonder y u choose 2 bootlick,rather than look at what d average Nigerian is craving 4. . ."scrap NYSC". . .its lost its glory and has turned into slavery. . .as 4 wether i've served,its not 2 relevant 2 this thread. . .

If sincerely you have not served, you don't have any reason to comment on something you do not have first-hand info on, don't dwell on hearsays. Did you say 'scrap NYSC'? Are you for the growth of the Nigerian state or against it? Do you realize the number of workforce that'll be pushed out into the already 'full' job market? Think before you type, be objective and stand for something you can give reasonable points on. My posts are not strange, but a true expression of what I feel should be done to help the situation after the evaluation of the present-day Nigerian labour market. I however do not seek your pass mark, you are not the marksman. I like to have a stance on anything. Do you understand? Make less use of inflammatory remarks or words and communicate to me why you think the senate president should be called mad and dumb. Be civil if you really touched the university grounds.
Re: Mark Seeks Extension Of Youth Service To Two Years by marcus1234: 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rioters Lock In 50 NYSC Members, Set Building On Fire / Bayelsa B15 Lets Meet Here / Fast Track Your Career With Jpts Intl Inc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.