Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages (18070 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / When Your Presence Is Ruining The Show / Problems With Sex Is Ruining My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2010
bawomolo:

my apologies, for a minute i forgot you were one of the political thugs during the awolowo-akintola fued. area father

Dem never born you when I was learning my trade of "obtaining" at FESTAC festival in 1977 and defending Kalakuta Rep from the military forces of Nigeria Rep in 1978.  cheesy
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by oyinda3(f): 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2010
sagamite,
being blatant or blunt is a personal trait/ characteristic. it has nothing to do with the topic at hand or gender.
besides, some people are more content by little while other men have stricter standards ie expecting their 45 yr old wife to look like she's 16.
nagging her about her weight will not change anything. it will only hurt her esteem -that is if she cares about you. but most likely she will become just as discontent with you. and you will appear just as unattractive to her because of your personality.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2010
oyinda.:

sagamite,
being blatant or blunt is a personal trait/ characteristic. it has nothing to do with the topic at hand or gender.

I never said it waz.  undecided

oyinda.:

besides, some people are more content by little while other men have stricter standards ie expecting their 45 yr old wife to look like she's 16.
nagging her about her weight will not change anything. it will only hurt her esteem -that is if she cares about you. but most likely she will become just as discontent with you. and you will appear just as unattractive to her because of your personality.

True.

Most women feed on their man's compliments.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by oyinda3(f): 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2010
oh ok. i just saw too many posts about weight and wife etc.  tongue

besides, a lot of men can't handle bluntness either. a wife nagging her husband about how he doesn't look like he was was he was 25 etc or that he is a failure etc will also hurt him just as much as vice versa.
i don't think it's about feeding on compliments. if you care about somebody (even if it's your husband or siblings or best friend) criticism will hurt more than if received from a random stranger.
yea but i agree women get used to compliments and tend to feed off it  grin grin and the compliment doesn't have to be from her man. wink
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 11:04pm On Aug 09, 2010
oyinda.:

besides, a lot of men can't handle bluntness either. a wife nagging her husband about how he doesn't look like he was was he was 25 etc or that he is a failure etc will also hurt him just as much as vice versa.

Not as much as if I were a woman especially if I have wad.

With wad, if I hit town I will get enough attraction to my fill.

Rich men are the best looking men.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by IyaBasira: 1:57am On Aug 10, 2010
Sagamite:

Not as much as if I were a woman especially if I have wad.

With wad, if I hit town I will get enough attraction to my fill.

WHAT?!
Not all the time oooo.
Some rich men are like sandpaper on the eyes . . . chei.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Nobody: 4:09am On Aug 10, 2010
REAL LIFE HERE: Men are mentally polygamous. THEY WANT TO HAVE DIFFERENT WOMEN AT INTERVALS. They are happy, not comfortable o, with MEANINGLESS GBENSHING of different women! F for FACT!

Ewww.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by invisible2(m): 4:51am On Aug 10, 2010
Too much egusi soup can make you hate food. A little ewedu, okra, edikakong and ofe owerre is recommended.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by icare1: 9:11am On Aug 10, 2010
In marriage both the man and the woman are equal.the man is the head of the home for the purpose of order and to be a watcher of the soul of members of the family.submission is not inequality, it is a response to the love the man has for his wife.that is why the scriptures requires the man loves his wife and the woman submit.where this two are in place the woman can never feel inequal or inferior.inequality begins when the man lords over his wife which is not within the concept of love at then submission becomes - let just have peace and not a home.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 10:03am On Aug 10, 2010
IyaBasira:

[/b]
WHAT?!
Not all the time oooo.
Some rich men are like sandpaper on the eyes . . . chei.

No doubt, some rich men are not attractive to the eye.

BUT, when they are rich, they become far more attractive than they would have been when not rich.

You want to tell me if Seal was not a successful musician and was a doorman instead, he would pull Heidi Klum?

You want to tell me if David Beckham was an office manager in a shop of a small 3-shop printing and photocopying chain firm, he would have women swooning over him?

The richness makes them produce more testosterone, which subtlely enhances their facial features to be more masculine, releases the right pheromones for you to smell, increases confidence and swagger that are biological attractive more to women.

It is not a bad thing, women are not at fault, it is all in our biology and evolution. Women have over the years built the instincts to look for features in a man that can guarantee the welfare of their offsprings. They look for features that suggest good health (genes) and likely ability to sustain this offspring's health (wealth) in their partners. They look for healthy physical features that suggest strength, so a good physique helps and they look for the ability to acquire and compete in the world, so confidence, intellect etc, and then signs the man will not abandon them and the offspring. This takes time to assess, that is why women take longer to decide if they want to get in bed with a guy or not. Men just want to spread their genes, guys just see a chic and want to give her what his got, and it is a lot.

A rich man with average looks is more likely to meet your gene and welfare requirements than a poor man with hot looks.

stillwater:

Ewww.

It is biology, baby.

You have about 400 eggs to release throughout your lifetime, this 400 contain the possibility of your offsprings. You will review and select men that give them the best chance of survival, ability to compete for natures resources and good health. You are going to be careful so that none is wasted on some useless guy with bad genes (short, poor, ugly and slow upstairs) or result in a situation where there will not be optimal provisions for them.

He has 300m spermatozoa in EACH bust when he dishes it out.

Most are bad swimmers, once in a while one is a champion swimmer. And he, through evolution, just wants his gene to survive and dominate over other men's, so 300m bad swimmers most times means he has to spread it more. He wants to put it into the most fertile female that can guarantee good eggs and is ready not to waste Michael Phelps a champion swimmer when it comes along. He assesses fertility by looking at the right assets for child-bearing, good curvy hips and lovely bosoms. The fresher, the better. That triggers the adrenaline that sucks blood from his stomach (to you know where) and gives him the butterflies in the stomach. Hence decrepit females would miss out.

Men and women are different!
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by invisible2(m): 11:00am On Aug 10, 2010
^^^lol at above.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 10, 2010
^ Still this thread is  not about adultery as your previous post implied but about how feminism is impacting upon marriages. If you want to talk about adultery then feel free to open another thread. undecided
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 11:34am On Aug 10, 2010
oyinda.:

i don't think it's about feeding on compliments. if you care about somebody (even if it's your husband or siblings or best friend) criticism will hurt more than if received from a random stranger.

Not really.

I don't know whether that applies to just me but I would rather have criticisms from those close to me than from a stranger.

Me and my closests friends actually have had a few feedback sessions on each other that is frankly brutal when saying those things that are negative. We encourage each other to let it all out, any sign of hesitance to protect feelings and we all say "Say it" or "More", the aim is to be the best we can be so feedback from someone that really knows you helps.

Also criticisms from close ones that have historically showed you love, most times, would come as advise for me. I don't know about other guys, but for me, it is better. I am cocksure my buddies have my best interest at heart.

E.g. I think most people would rather their sibling/parent tell them if they have a mouth odour than a stranger telling them.  undecided
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by oyinda3(f): 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2010

Not as much as if I were a woman especially if I have wad. With wad, if I hit town I will get enough attraction to my fill.

i'm talking about married couples. considering they married for love. tongue  rather than for wife's sexy looks or husband's thick pocketbook.
because of course if you only married for the latter, you shouldn't care if your husband called u fat. that wouldn't hurt since u only care for his money. not him.
men too, if they are in love with their wives (which they should be) will care about her comments.

Sagamite:

E.g. I think most people would rather their sibling/parent tell them if they have a mouth odour than a stranger telling them.  undecided

hahha yea thats a good point.
as long as it's constructive criticism. rather than one meant to hurt the other's feelings because the tone u use to say it can make a difference.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Wahala90: 11:23pm On Aug 10, 2010

Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages?
Yes.
Why?
They are not meant to be equal in authority.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Wahala90: 11:52pm On Aug 10, 2010
1 Corinthians 11:3 the head of the woman is the man

Whether the man behaves the way you like or not is a different issue

PLAN YOUR MARRIAGE WELL NOT YOUR WEDDING
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Wahala90: 11:58pm On Aug 10, 2010
The man is the head of the home for the purpose of order ,

When someone else tries to claim headship or be equal to the head, there is disorder.

Whichever way you look at it both parties can not be head if the marriage must stand.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by spikedcylinder: 10:19am On Aug 11, 2010
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by eewule(m): 10:40am On Aug 11, 2010
Our people say that the tongue and the teeth find a way to cohabit in peace. My mother used to say that women are drivers - from the back seat. Men by nature always like to be seen as being in charge. A direct challenge to that upsets the balance of nature. That is feminism. The submissive woman makes most of the decisions by she-power and makes the man see it as HIS own. By stroking her man's male ego, she rules him. That is potent ancient wisdom.

/\ @Donjuan1
Powerfull and most truest coment of this topic. You have answered the whole question. I was going to add my opinion but thanks for saying it even louder for me, !!!
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by invisible2(m): 10:43am On Aug 11, 2010
It will ruin more marriages. The man and woman were not meant to be equals. They compliment each others efforts to run the home, but the buck stops on the mans table.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2010
spikedcylinder:

[img]http://4.bp..com/_9SoSqLlemNc/Sb-c4xYLFNI/AAAAAAAAC9k/Q68pZeZjBQA/s400/alao+akala.JPG[/img]

He is good looking, it is just the bleach that has disfigured him. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by mamagee3(f): 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2010
Sagamite:

He is good looking, it is just the bleach that has disfigured him.  grin grin grin grin grin
Who dashed that ugly man that looks like a big squirrel good looks?

Does he look better than you? grin
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2010
invisible!:

It will ruin more marriages. The man and woman were not meant to be equals. They compliment each others efforts to run the home, but the buck stops on the mans table.

You forgot to finish your sentence properly:

. . . . . . but the buck stops on the mans table if he is capable of leading.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2010
mama-gee:

Does he look better than you? grin

Yeah, he is. Just a bit though, I am not that bad.

But if you add the fact that he has money and I am poor, then the gap is huge.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by mamagee3(f): 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2010
Sagamite:

Yeah, he is. Just a bit though, I am not that bad.

But if you add the fact that he has money and I am poor, then the gap is huge.
Can you post your pic please?

Cause if that buffalo-looking man looks better than anyone then the person needs sympathy.

He looks like a human helium balloon.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2010
mama-gee:

Can you post your pic please?

Cause if that buffalo-looking man looks better than anyone then the person needs sympathy.

He looks like a human helium balloon.

Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by mamagee3(f): 12:14am On Aug 12, 2010
^^You wish. . .

Please, post your real picture instead of that samoa wrestler.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by icare1: 9:54am On Aug 12, 2010
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU A POSITION THE QUESTION TO ASK IS HOW DO YOU WANT ME TO DO IT - AND EXCEPT IT IS DONE THAT WAY THE POSITION BECOMES A STUMBLING BLOCK AND NOT A PRIDE.STUMBLING BLOCKS MAKES A PERSON FALL.

THE HUSBAND IS THE HEAD OF THE WIFE AS A RESULT OF A CURSE ON THE WOMAN AND NOT A BLESSING TO THE MAN.IF GOD BLESSES A PERSON HE DIRECTS THE WORDS TO HIM.GOD TOLD EVE THAT ADAM WILL RULE OVER HER, WHEN HE WAS PLACING A CUSE ON THEM BUT HE NEVER TOLD ADAM HE WILL RULE OVER HIS WIFE.WHEN GOD BLESSED ADAM HE TOLD HIM HE HAS GIVEN HIM DOMINION OVER EVERY THING WHICH DID NOT INCLUDE EVE.THAT IS WHY ANYTHING A MAN DOES TO A GOAT ,COW ,RESOURCES AROUND HIM, GOD WILL NOT QUESTION HIM, BUT WHATEVER HE DOES TO HIS WIFE, CHILDREN,NEIGHBOUR HE SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT AND RECEIVE THE JUDGEMENT NECCESSARY.SO PRIDE TOWARDS THE WIFE CORRUPT THE SOUL AND PRODUCE OPPRESSION.
GOD DEMAND EVERY HUSBAND DEAL WITH HIS WIFE IN ALL HUMILITY SO AS TO DISCERN PIT FALLS AND TEMPTATIONS.

THERFORE, A CURSE ON THE WOMAN IS A STUMBLING BLOCK FOR THE MAN JUST LIKE THE CASE OF CAIN BUT A LOT OF MEN TAKE PRIDE IN SHOWING AT EVERY IRRITATION THAT THEY ARE THE HEAD WHICH IN IT SELF WILL PRODUCE ERROR UNTO THE MAN ADDING UP HIS SINS.

THAT SOME ONE IS THE HEAD IS A RESPONSIBILTY WHICH MUST BE CARRIED OUT ACCORDING TO THE WILL OF THE BESTOWER OF THE POSITION.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 11:38am On Aug 12, 2010
mama-gee:

^^You wish. . .

Please, post your real picture instead of that samoa wrestler.

I don't want to upset chics with my maganess.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by DonJuan1(m): 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2010
@Eewule thanx a mill.  wink
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2010
One of the numerous examples of a man finding a younger woman at old age:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1302340/Kayte-Walsh-British-air-hostess-having-Kelsey-Grammers-baby.html

There are lots of examples (Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, George Clooney, Rod Stewart, Mick Jagger, Michael Douglas etc) especially when a man has wad and more likely he would have a bit at that age even if not a celebrity.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by winniemark1(f): 6:53pm On Oct 12, 2016
Personally I think the whole idea about marriage has lost its taste. While we fight for gender equality and bla bla bla, we fail to realize that men and women are not the same. Forget the modern day manuals about submission and slaving your ass out. Marriage is supposed to be a bed of rose but within that bedroom is an enemy with thorns and thistle waiting to destroy you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Dangers And Errors Of Dating Among Minors / Man Absconds After Wife’s Scan Reveals Triplet / How Open Should One Be In Marriage?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.