Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! (1562 Views)

Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight / Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! by dreaMaker: 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2010
Dear Friends,
Early in January, 2010, I granted an interview in which I spoke of the dangers, we as a nation, faced with the privatization and personalization of the presidency.
I scoffed then at the notion bandied by erstwhile Attorney General, Michael Aandoakaa that President Umaru Yar’Adua could rule the country from anywhere including a sick bed in Saudi Arabia.
I was miffed by then Vice President Goodluck Jonathan’s reluctance at assuming leadership responsibility in the absence of the President.
And I mocked the temerity and audacity of the National Assembly to dare issue an ultimatum to the United States of America over that country’s declaration of Nigeria as a country of interest.
Recently, I spoke about the frailty of our democracy and its electoral process and the need to understand its flaws in order to correct or at least improve the process. I railed against a system that believes development and progress can be by happenstance and not through deliberate planning and striving. Some friends and former friends have accused me of acting as a kindergarten politician. In other words, my stance on national issues ought to be self serving and not confrontational of the status quo.
For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to state clearly that I owe no apology for my views. I will always speak my mind with as much candor, respect and good breeding as I can muster. But I shall neither placate nor massage any egos, nor shall I turn a blind eye to the very issues that threaten our nation.
We have as a nation aspired for greatness without being inspired to strive thereof. We are reactive rather than proactive. We lose a tournament we never prepared for and shamelessly turn around to probe for a non-existent reason as to why we failed.
We bring together our best to draw up a road map to greatness – 2010 - 2020 and that’s just it, a wish list that will not materialize except we dedicate our energies to work, work and work for its actualization.
And as long as we produce or allow incompetent and visionless leadership, we can expect nothing but a mediocre nation as an end result.
Enlightened leadership is the desire of every progressive nation on earth, why do we beg to be different…?
Donald

Re: Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! by dreaMaker: 8:45pm On Aug 06, 2010
My president.
Re: Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! by meggieblac: 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2010
My former governor grin grin grin
Re: Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! by MaziUche0(m): 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2010
Time for a president with an indigenous name! tongue
Re: Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! by chyz(m): 9:11pm On Aug 06, 2010
MaziUche0:

grin
Re: Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! by JUO(m): 9:15pm On Aug 06, 2010
Humm true talk but
Re: Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! by OAM4J: 9:19pm On Aug 06, 2010

We have as a nation aspired for greatness without being inspired to strive thereof. We are reactive rather than proactive. We lose a tournament we never prepared for and shamelessly turn around to probe for a non-existent reason as to why we failed.
We bring together our best to draw up a road map to greatness – 2010 - 2020 and that’s just it, a wish list that will not materialize except we dedicate our energies to work, work and work for its actualization.
And as long as we produce or allow incompetent and visionless leadership, we can expect nothing but a mediocre nation as an end result.
Enlightened leadership is the desire of every progressive nation on earth, why do we beg to be different…?

Donald

True.
Re: Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 06, 2010
Some folks don't know the defference between choosing to play kindergeten politics and a politician who has figured that the only way he will have a shut is to run an insurgent campaign.

Its all part of the strategy folks . . . . . Donald Duke knows what he is doing. The only way he can have a chance is to help level the field as much as possible otherwise Governors which he does not have control over will uniquely be kingmakers!!!!!!
Re: Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! by PapaBrowne(m): 1:47am On Aug 07, 2010
^^^^^
The time is too short for an insurgency. Plus I'm thinking . . . . the Donald might not have the required financial muscle at this time to run an effective insurgency. The last I heard of from a pretty reliable source. . . . his financial standing was not rocksolid.

Plus he is more likely to get his votes from the elite- lawyers, doctors, business people, youngsters, students, etc. Sadly these category of people are the least likely to come out and vote. The behemoth that the PDP is would depend heavily on market women, Okada riders, bus drivers, artisans , etc. These would never fail to troop out on election day be it rain or sunshine.  It is sad but its the reality!

Duke is my best candidate though. He is one man that would bring to bear the enormous potentials this nation parades.
Re: Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 07, 2010
^^^^^^^^^

We will see how it goes but I will rather waste my vote on Donald Duke than cast my vote for any fool in the name of sentiments.
Re: Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! by olafolarin(m): 8:14am On Aug 07, 2010
MaziUche0:

must you be so daft?what does name have to do with performance.
Re: Mr Donald Duke Sets Record Straight: Again! by denitro(m): 11:03am On Aug 07, 2010
You have my vote,
GEJ hasn't impressed me

(1) (Reply)

The Gov Of Rivers State Urge Bonny To Preserve First Anglican Church In W.africa / What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? / A Must Read , And Control Yourself While You Laugh .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.