Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? (27637 Views)

My Landlord Wants Me To Pay A Debt I Didn't Accrue / My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by clemzo101(m): 6:57am On Dec 28, 2018
There are so many human right organizations all over the place looking for cases like this to handle for free. Just visit one and complain

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by fredie107(m): 6:58am On Dec 28, 2018
Come home on time
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by ATinaC(f): 7:20am On Dec 28, 2018
Start looking for a new apartment
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by FantasticJ: 7:22am On Dec 28, 2018
pitamah901:
Just give ur life to Christ and u will see things turn around for u 100% jesus

You need help. Is Jesus the landlord?

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by koolguy88(m): 7:23am On Dec 28, 2018
finebois:
Just commit suicide
Big fool

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by OlujobaSamuel: 7:23am On Dec 28, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Landlord of today, can be a tenant of tomorrow and was once a tenant yesterday ..........

I have tenants and they all have relevant keys........
I know, I'm not supporting the landlord, I have taste of both, relates with my dad's tenants and I also have landlords I do relate with.
I once turned down an apartment because the landlady gave me an unfavorable time to come in (8pm)

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by mfm04622: 7:29am On Dec 28, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
ask for a spare key,if he doesn't oblige ......try to find a new house

Short and straight to the point

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by speedyconnect3: 8:11am On Dec 28, 2018
Jhoanner:
You know this is false imprisonment. It's a civil wrong which makes your landlord liable to pay you damages and an injunction restraining him to stop such rubbish. If you want to go the legal way, serve him a letter of warning. If you want to go the political way, get the tenants to your side and gang up against him. Or quietly just leave. What kind of iranu is this??

Curiously, is locking out false imprisonment? Not locking you inside o

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by 4ckTOTO: 8:11am On Dec 28, 2018
Jerryembassy91:
I did ask. ...thanks
collect the key and go and do a spare one. since will not kill me grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Buffalowings3(m): 8:23am On Dec 28, 2018
spiralwedge:

I had a landlady like that many years ago.I asked for the spare key after explaining my work schedule, she gave me to go make a spare. After a week, she changed the padlock. Confronted her, she said she could not give only me the spare key as I did not have 2 heads. So for a week, I'd be banging for about an hour before she opens the gate. So I told myself I would not renew my rent but before I'd pack out it would be a WWE.
So, I bought a very strong padlock and lock the gate on my way to office and didn't come home for 2 days. That was how the war started. I bought about 3 more padlocks, each was about 1k. Each time they got a welder to cut the damn padlock for 1k.
In the end, with the annoyance of other tenants, we came to a truce. The last padlock I bought was what we settled to use and i ensured every tenant has a copy. And no more banging. We agreed that the gate could be locked at stipulated time but every tenant using the gate must lock with their copy of the key each time.
The landlady, the tenants and neighbors started respecting from that day. I moved from that house to my own after another year there.

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by firstolalekan(m): 8:31am On Dec 28, 2018
Jerryembassy91:
I have spoken to him severally over this issue.He said is a new development that the gate must be locked on or before 8pm everyday. From work i do get home between 9 and 9.30..Yesterday i stood outside over an hour knocking.

Pls candid advice is needed...thank you

Which mumuness be this?
You no get hin number?
Una no fit do gate with keys?

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by MrMcJay(m): 8:39am On Dec 28, 2018
tonymyke4life:

To b frank u haven't answered his question, just grammar. What are those steps he shud take? Dats his question. U r paraphrasing wat he had already said. Give solutions not grammar. Sorry to b frank!

Check my second post to him
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by MrMcJay(m): 8:41am On Dec 28, 2018
Naughtysite:
Ingres and Egress by 1am2am3am

Show me where he stated that he comes in by 1am.

Even if it's by 3am, he has a right to enter the premises.
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Cool83(m): 8:41am On Dec 28, 2018
beg him to give you a spare key, and start looking for another building,if possible avoid building with gate
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Cool83(m): 8:42am On Dec 28, 2018
MrMcJay:

Show me where he stated that he comes in by 1am.
Even if it's by 3am, he has a right to enter the premises.
who will be opening the gate for him at that time
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by morgang(m): 8:56am On Dec 28, 2018
My landlord and I are very understanding... we smoke, drink and do lots of stuffs together. As a matter of
Fact, I connected my power to his apartment using my generator; I fueled and service it with my money... use the swimming pool frequently and I have a spare key of mine...

I mean, the relationship is there! Although we both have moments of disagreements and thank goodness to the little skuchies in my head!! I mad ghan.. I no send anybody regardless of your status, if u behave like a Goat I’d tell I’m one too.. what’s good for the goose, is good for the gander...

Change am for the landlord/landlady real hard and cause a scene... dem go respect you!!
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by miqos02(m): 9:02am On Dec 28, 2018
Jerryembassy91:
I have spoken to him severally over this issue.He said is a new development that the gate must be locked on or before 8pm everyday. From work i do get home between 9 and 9.30..Yesterday i stood outside over an hour knocking.

he is speaking in parables, time for you to get a new house

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Daeylar(f): 9:05am On Dec 28, 2018
Naijageak:
Lock him or his family members outside one day with a strange key when nobody is seeing u. Tie red pieces inside the key. Don't complain again. Just do it twice. His pastor or juju priest will advise him to appease his forefathers and he will tell u to be locking the gate from henceforth

LMAO grin grin
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by aribilola2002(m): 9:28am On Dec 28, 2018
Go and build ur own house shikenah!
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by ojun50(m): 9:30am On Dec 28, 2018
Naughtysite:
Standard time is 10pm
that time will nt work if u are in lagos, mostly wen u walk in inland nd leave in mainland.
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Jerryembassy91(m): 9:42am On Dec 28, 2018
I do av his number....on each occasion, i call 6 to 7 times before he picks sometimes he doesnt. ...i av spoken to him too face 2 face over this but still...
firstolalekan:

Which mumuness be this?
You no get hin number?
Una no fit do gate with keys?
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by WaleAburumaku: 9:42am On Dec 28, 2018
Jerryembassy91:

Buy him drink, add small Ota-piapia & Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by jesutakewe(f): 9:43am On Dec 28, 2018
This one is just talking, you must be living outside Lagos. The city and traffic determine when you get home in Lagos.
Hadone:
Simple. Just return home early shikenan!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by benratigan3(m): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2018
spiralwedge:

I had a landlady like that many years ago.I asked for the spare key after explaining my work schedule, she gave me to go make a spare. After a week, she changed the padlock. Confronted her, she said she could not give only me the spare key as I did not have 2 heads. So for a week, I'd be banging for about an hour before she opens the gate. So I told myself I would not renew my rent but before I'd pack out it would be a WWE.
So, I bought a very strong padlock and lock the gate on my way to office and didn't come home for 2 days. That was how the war started. I bought about 3 more padlocks, each was about 1k. Each time they got a welder to cut the damn padlock for 1k.
In the end, with the annoyance of other tenants, we came to a truce. The last padlock I bought was what we settled to use and i ensured every tenant has a copy. And no more banging. We agreed that the gate could be locked at stipulated time but every tenant using the gate must lock with their copy of the key each time.
The landlady, the tenants and neighbors started respecting from that day. I moved from that house to my own after another year there.
one trailer load of origin for you in 2019���

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Jhoanner(f): 9:47am On Dec 28, 2018
speedyconnect3:

Curiously, is locking out false imprisonment? Not locking you inside o
It is. It is in summary, any restriction of movement, directly or indirectly without your consent. It should be differed from imprisonment generally known under criminal law. While the former is a civil wrong, the latter is a penal sanction given for a crime.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by belbon4grace: 9:47am On Dec 28, 2018
He is trying to tell you to move out of his house.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Jerryembassy91(m): 9:51am On Dec 28, 2018
OMG.....
WaleAburumaku:

Buy him drink, add small Ota-piapia & Thank me later
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by firstolalekan(m): 10:02am On Dec 28, 2018
Jerryembassy91:
I do av his number....on each occasion, i call 6 to 7 times before he picks sometimes he doesnt. ...i av spoken to him too face 2 face over this but still...
My advice is similar to what you have read earlier.

Buy a very strong padlock and lock everyone in too.
Do it like 3 times, he'll change.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by movetoca: 10:02am On Dec 28, 2018
Abortions:
Never u stay in the same compound with ur landlord/landlady. Don't ask me why
Rule number 1 for every tenant. No matter how cool you think they're wait until you move in...talking from personal experience.
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by blesoh(f): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2018
This is rubbish, my landlord gave all the tenants spare key to the gate, you can come back 12am that's your business as far as you are with your spare key
Ask for the spare or you lock him outside too or travel with the key

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by samsam2019: 11:27am On Dec 28, 2018
THUNDER4real:
Target him and lock him outside one day, so he will feel how you feel when he locks you outside.
I like you grin
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by pitamah901: 11:35am On Dec 28, 2018
FantasticJ:

You need help. Is Jesus the landlord?
Jesus is greater than the landlord

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Many Feared Trapped As Building Collapses In Kano (Pictures) / Man Loses Baby In Imo Building Collapse,Escaped With Only Wife & 2 Clothes.PICS / Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.