Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? (27639 Views)

My Landlord Wants Me To Pay A Debt I Didn't Accrue / My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by ss1930(m): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2018
Lol... Just park out of the house.

Jerryembassy91:
I have spoken to him severally over this issue.He said is a new development that the gate must be locked on or before 8pm everyday. From work i do get home between 9 and 9.30..Yesterday i stood outside over an hour knocking.

Pls candid advice is needed...thank you

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Trybes(m): 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2018
Get a spare key to the gate or pack out of the house.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by newoffer: 1:32pm On Dec 28, 2018
are you a tenant or a co squatters? what kind of house is that? orogbo , dry gin will apppease the gods u living with chikena
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Dshocker(m): 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2018
clive2u:
be nice to him
buy him drinks. it might work

I don't give fvcking friendly gestures to such landlord,I take it by force.
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Dshocker(m): 2:22pm On Dec 28, 2018
spiralwedge:

I had a landlady like that many years ago.I asked for the spare key after explaining my work schedule, she gave me to go make a spare. After a week, she changed the padlock. Confronted her, she said she could not give only me the spare key as I did not have 2 heads. So for a week, I'd be banging for about an hour before she opens the gate. So I told myself I would not renew my rent but before I'd pack out it would be a WWE.
So, I bought a very strong padlock and lock the gate on my way to office and didn't come home for 2 days. That was how the war started. I bought about 3 more padlocks, each was about 1k. Each time they got a welder to cut the damn padlock for 1k.
In the end, with the annoyance of other tenants, we came to a truce. The last padlock I bought was what we settled to use and i ensured every tenant has a copy. And no more banging. We agreed that the gate could be locked at stipulated time but every tenant using the gate must lock with their copy of the key each time.
The landlady, the tenants and neighbors started respecting from that day. I moved from that house to my own after another year there.

I love your action...
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by bukiboy(m): 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
Let your lawyer talk to him
Jerryembassy91:
I have spoken to him severally over this issue.He said is a new development that the gate must be locked on or before 8pm everyday. From work i do get home between 9 and 9.30..Yesterday i stood outside over an hour knocking.

Pls candid advice is needed...thank you

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by gabbytabby: 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2018
8pm haba you don become one of him children. Speak with him it’s usually about 10pm. Hope that you are not one of those tenants who come in after midnight and keep inviting thieves into the building.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Alexray001: 2:37am On Dec 29, 2018
get a spare key
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by promowise(m): 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
spiralwedge:

I had a landlady like that many years ago.I asked for the spare key after explaining my work schedule, she gave me to go make a spare. After a week, she changed the padlock. Confronted her, she said she could not give only me the spare key as I did not have 2 heads. So for a week, I'd be banging for about an hour before she opens the gate. So I told myself I would not renew my rent but before I'd pack out it would be a WWE.
So, I bought a very strong padlock and lock the gate on my way to office and didn't come home for 2 days. That was how the war started. I bought about 3 more padlocks, each was about 1k. Each time they got a welder to cut the damn padlock for 1k or so.
In the end, with the annoyance of other tenants, we came to a truce. The last padlock I bought was what we settled to use and i ensured every tenant had a copy. And no more banging. We agreed that the gate could be locked at stipulated time but every tenant using the gate must lock with their copy of the key each time.
The landlady, the tenants and neighbors started respecting me from that day. I moved from that house to my own after another year and a half there.

Mehn you give wahala better problem oh
Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Many Feared Trapped As Building Collapses In Kano (Pictures) / Man Loses Baby In Imo Building Collapse,Escaped With Only Wife & 2 Clothes.PICS / Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.