Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,935 members, 7,848,781 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? (16042 Views)

Do U Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan`s Children Went to Nigerian Schools? / Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan & Sambo Commissioned A 500bn Cassava ? / Most Of You Political Kid's Don't Know That Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by Atigba: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2018
basilo101:

Your reply to my post is off point

How is it off point

Are you this stupi’d that you can understand my message

The Ogbia people migrated from Benin kingdom which is a historical fact, technically Goodluck is a Benin man

How does bearing a tribe name makes you the origin of that tribe

My friend name is valentine, does that make him a Roman
Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by Atigba: 8:29pm On Dec 28, 2018
Binikingdowm:
I'm just done replying nairaland kids, just let them keep wallowing in ignorance.

Don’t mind them, what do they know about Ogbia people

I have attended Ogbia brotherhood meetings, their youth wing and I know everything about them. They are not Ijaw, they know that even the Ijaws know that as well.
Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by adonis89(m): 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2018
Atigba:

Ijaw and Ogbia don’t have anything in common, except the fact they lived in the same geographical region

If you an Ijaw man as you claimed, you should know this fact. Except you are a lier
Mr man Ogbia has nothing to do with Edo . we have no similarities even in names and language, so stop posting rubbish

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by Okoroawusa: 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2018
How does this take away the fact that Buhari will win 2019 presidential election?
Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by Homeboiy: 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2018
Ewu mpama

Op is an illiterate

So because Someone from Igbo eze north LG in Enugu state speaks a particular dialect, He's not an Nsukka man.

Edo people sef

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by nengibo: 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2018
Atigba:

Shut up

The Ogbia people migrated from Benin Kingdom

It is well documented in their history, technically Goodluck Jonathan is an Edo man
Yes Gej can be an Edo man, we Ijaw can share him atleast make Edo ppl follow get mentor apart from anini
Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by nengibo: 10:50pm On Dec 28, 2018
Atigba:

How is it off point

Are you this stupi’d that you can understand my message

The Ogbia people migrated from Benin kingdom which is a historical fact, technically Goodluck is a Benin man

How does bearing a tribe name makes you the origin of that tribe

My friend name is valentine, does that make him a Roman

Bros you are yarning rubbish, ogbia has northing to do with bini, in language, culture, tradition, nothing, your cock and bull history is crap
Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by nengibo: 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2018
Atigba:

I don’t exchange words with uninformed folks

I have lived with Ogbia people some time, read a lot of their books and mingled with their historians

The Ogbia people are from Benin kingdom, my girl friend name their is Odion
Lol, ogbia person answer Odion what of ighalo, now I know you're nothing but a troll
Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by IamAtikulate: 11:57am On Dec 29, 2018
IkonBee:

Bini folks are utterly dumb. They should forget about past glory and, move on with their jungle state.

Heck, the jungle state is not even homogeneous. Igbanke is in no way related to those harry porter folks.
You are right.
Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by IamAtikulate: 11:58am On Dec 29, 2018
Binikingdowm:
stop mentioning me again and enough with this Igbo nonsense, don't know why you guys always feel insecure.nonone mentioned anything Igbo here before you guys showed up
You need a lesson in simple comprehension.
Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by onyeopobo: 7:12am On May 05, 2019
I know this thread is long been abandoned and I hate to be the guy that's bringing this back to the fore - considering the amount of hate and vitriol from all the posters. However I think it's important that I leave my own imprint for educational purposes as some child someday might be looking for answers.

I came about this thread searching for a block of classrooms which was built in Olobiri somewhere between 1989 and 1991. My dad was one of the contenders for the government contract back then. He sent his cousin to stay in there in Olobiri to evaluate the feasibility of the contract for about a week. On the fifth day of his cousins stay, my dad took two other of his cousins to visit the cousin who was there to get more insight on what he had found out - though I was a little boy at the time, my my dad unwisely took me with him.

While visiting my dad's cousin in olobiri, we met him with an older man, a very good local friend he had made who was a carpenter, the man was in his possible middle sixties. During the course of the conversation over food and drinks, the old man said the people of Ogbia were actually ogba people, however people now think them apart since the creation of rivers and imo state that divided both territories. He also said the people of Ogbia were originally igbo's who come from ancestor by the name of Okoro Oma (which means good man in igbo), and their interaction and intermarriage with izon and nembe watered down the igbo dialect. The man himself at the time spoke a very good amount of central igbo. He said most ogbia people would have an igboic middle name , which might today explain the Ebele in former president's name, and I really dont know if the younger people still do this. I haven't had a chance since my adult life to meet people from Ogbia speaking their language so I don't know how much is intelligible with igbo.

Ogba people on the other hand speak a more igboic language and bear full igbo names. Part of Ogbaland was removed from the old imo state and placed in rivers state, other parts of Ogbaland still remain in Imo state. So following the old man's theory from back then, ogba people are split into rivers., imo and bayelsa state.

Everything I have written here, should not be taken as the word of God, however, if you're researching about the history of Ogbia, I hope that I have presented something worth looking into. I came back to research about the classroom blocks because my dads cousin died from a serious Typhoid/ malaria after spending a week in Olobiri, my Dad never got the contact to build the classroom blocks and never forgave himself for the death of his beloved cousin till my dads death a few years ago.

Shalom!
Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by oyoirabor: 8:20am On May 05, 2019
basilo101:

the person you quoted never claimed there is anything igbo have in common with you. Why do you lowlife always look for igbo attention

Ant will always look for elephant trouble.... grin
Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by manijoli(m): 10:41am On Sep 14, 2019
Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by lilliesboy(m): 2:39am On Dec 09, 2019
As a full born son of Ogbia, I agree to an extent with some of your submissions. Ogbia is not really the same as Ijaw/Izon, although we have come a very long way together to become separated at this time. I personally don't call myself an Ijaw, I am an Ogbia man.
Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by lilliesboy(m): 2:56am On Dec 09, 2019
onyeopobo:
I know this thread is long been abandoned and I hate to be the guy that's bringing this back to the fore - considering the amount of hate and vitriol from all the posters. However I think it's important that I leave my own imprint for educational purposes as some child someday might be looking for answers.

I came about this thread searching for a block of classrooms which was built in Olobiri somewhere between 1989 and 1991. My dad was one of the contenders for the government contract back then. He sent his cousin to stay in there in Olobiri to evaluate the feasibility of the contract for about a week. On the fifth day of his cousins stay, my dad took two other of his cousins to visit the cousin who was there to get more insight on what he had found out - though I was a little boy at the time, my my dad unwisely took me with him.

While visiting my dad's cousin in olobiri, we met him with an older man, a very good local friend he had made who was a carpenter, the man was in his possible middle sixties. During the course of the conversation over food and drinks, the old man said the people of Ogbia were actually ogba people, however people now think them apart since the creation of rivers and imo state that divided both territories. He also said the people of Ogbia were originally igbo's who come from ancestor by the name of Okoro Oma (which means good man in igbo), and their interaction and intermarriage with izon and nembe watered down the igbo dialect. The man himself at the time spoke a very good amount of central igbo. He said most ogbia people would have an igboic middle name , which might today explain the Ebele in former president's name, and I really dont know if the younger people still do this. I haven't had a chance since my adult life to meet people from Ogbia speaking their language so I don't know how much is intelligible with igbo.

Ogba people on the other hand speak a more igboic language and bear full igbo names. Part of Ogbaland was removed from the old imo state and placed in rivers state, other parts of Ogbaland still remain in Imo state. So following the old man's theory from back then, ogba people are split into rivers., imo and bayelsa state.

Everything I have written here, should not be taken as the word of God, however, if you're researching about the history of Ogbia, I hope that I have presented something worth looking into. I came back to research about the classroom blocks because my dads cousin died from a serious Typhoid/ malaria after spending a week in Olobiri, my Dad never got the contact to build the classroom blocks and never forgave himself for the death of his beloved cousin till my dads death a few years ago.

Shalom!
Another useless and STUPID "BiaFR*UD" propaganda! Go and tell your lies to fools like yourself and BLOODY useless Igbo!
Re: Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? by Habakus: 7:38am On Dec 09, 2019
lilliesboy:

Another useless and STUPID "BiaFR*UD" propaganda! Go and tell your lies to fools like yourself and BLOODY useless Igbo!

It's either that you're not from Ogbia as you claimed or you're grossly ignorant.
Let me ask you a few questions: what does OKOROMA mean in your language?
What do OGBIA and OTUOKE mean in your language?
Let me not go further than this for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

States ‘squander’ Billions As Ruling Parties Clear LG Polls / 20 Shot Dead By Boko Haram In Borno State. / Buhari Okays Jumbo Allowance For Villa Security Operatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.