Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,656 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? (40167 Views)

Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos / Christian women wearing trouser, ear ring, ornament etc is a big satanic trap / What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by ldollier(f): 2:09pm On Jan 17, 2006
thelastdon:

If I can hear you very well now, you are trying to say your body is the temple of the Lord...

please can I worship the Lord in your body since your are the temple of the Lord rolleyes

again, were you trying to be sarcastic. oh my goodness, i mean seriously. i guess you don't really understand what that meant. [

quote author=joftech link=topic=4928.msg174522#msg174522 date=1137484816]
ldollier, don't we have a right to do whatever we have to what we own.

Although i don't smoke, and i will never do that. Am only trying to clafify some unbased/unfounded dogma in some Christian churches.

[/quote]
am still tying to clarify some dogma aswell, you aint the only one.

[quote author=gospelman link=topic=4928.msg174585#msg174585 date=1137487725]
Good morning to you all.
I hope you all got my drift concerning the putting on of trousers...

Now concerning smoking,the bible did not directly say Christians should not smoke.The bible did say that evil communication corrupts good manners.If as a Christian you do the word that says not to forsake the assembling of ourselves,then you will discover you won't t have time to think of smoking.It won't occur to you because you are busing serving the Lord.
Besides,the bible says no to be drunk with wine wherein is excess but to be filled with the Holy Ghost.The point here is who/what controls you as a Christian.Now if you are giving to drinking and getting drunk,the Holy Spirit cannot control/lead you.The drink does lead/control you and you will do stupid things in that state.And the bible says in Isaiah 5:22 that destruction awaits such.And destruction is not supposed to be your portion unless you choose it.

But as a matter of fact there is how we behave in our family(the family of God).We do not smoke,drink and all that simply because we want to let the Holy Ghost have total control over our lives.See?

Now that your Reverend Father smokes a lot,I will dare say he didn't know better.Whether white man or black man.And don't tell me it's because of the weather conditions,because there a re a whole lot who are white living under the same conditions that don't smoke,and are still cool. But note this,his smoking won't send him to hell,ok? Like I said in one of my mails,whatever is not of faith is sin.That's the bottom line.
There's a whole lot of things to say but let's hold it for now.

what type of christian are you, i mean are you a protestant, baptist, pentecostal, catholic e.t.c. hope you don't mind me asking.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by cnimo4love(m): 1:31am On Jan 19, 2006
send me biblical reference if you get any
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by cnimo4love(m): 1:40am On Jan 19, 2006
winkwearing trousers by ladies I believe is not right. I f we say we are true believers I belive we should stand the doctrines and not try to weaver to suit our own desires . To be like him in all things we have to be staright in our believes so do what is right cause you know what is right
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by sage(m): 3:05am On Jan 19, 2006
Who cares................................ i 4 one never did.

I did not want to contribute to this but then

cnimo4love:

winkwearing trousers by ladies I believe is not right. I f we say we are true believers I believe we should stand the doctrines and not try to weaver to suit our own desires . To be like him in all things we have to be staright in our believes so do what is right cause you know what is right

I want to ask this guy that made this comment...................Is men wearing trousers right and if so where does the bible say that?

Did God manufacture trousers 4 men and then call it mens cloth or was it not the white man that developed trousers as a model of cloth 4 both the men and the women?

Did his grand fathers wear trousers................... if not why is he wearing one today?

If the african mans dress evolved about 100 yrs ago to include trousers (from tying wrappers like the women), y cant the women mode of dressing?

4 me this topic is completely irrelevant
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by bigi(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2006
hey guys. i was really dismayed by wat i read from some one's comment. check deutronomy 22: 5. i know some one will tell me it says garment. yea fine if its garment then i will agree that troussers 4 women its gud until the same pastors that allow such in their churces go no skirts, gale, buba, blouse etc.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by gospelman(m): 10:55am On Jan 20, 2006
Hello Bigi,

Have you ever read the whole of Deuteronomy 22?
Let me bring out a few verses and then you judge whether you do them:
1. verse 5: The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

2. verse 9: Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.

3.verse 10: Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass together.

4. Verse 11: Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woolen and linen together.

5. verse 22: If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.

Do you do all of these? Now the bible says that if one broke one of these laws he/she has broken all of the law and is therefore guilty.
Galatians 3:10-11: For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:23-25But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

How about these?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by oreo: 1:01am On Jan 24, 2006
smiley We should not judge anyone for what they wear, thats only for our master and our creator. But you should know that if you submit yourself to God, that you must submit your whole self not part. You cannot call yourself a christian if you cannot submit your whole self to the Lord. Submitting yourself means to abide by the lords commandments of the bible and not to disbute Gods word. You see, people reject and argue the bible because they may have to give up or sacrifice for the Lord. Hey, he sacrificed his life for us.Dressing against his will is vanity. But once someone submits their whole self to God , then God will put you under conviction about things that you will want to change for him.If you question Gods word and use it to your own advantage then you truely are not ready to submit yourself. Church is the house of the Lord for you to go and worship him, so when you walk into his house you would want to respect him. One last thing, submitting to the Lord means to be Holy not only on the inside but also the outside.May God Bless you all.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by kaylala(m): 1:04am On Jan 24, 2006
Welcome Oreo to the land !!! Are you male or female

God knows best
wink
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by donnie(m): 11:17am On Jan 26, 2006
Gospelman,

thanx for quoting that portion of scriture because i am aware that many of those who say, "it is in the bible that women should not wear trousers" do not know where it is in the first place.

What did Jesus put on?

What did Mary put on?

Did they not all wear gowns? Does that not tell you that throughout history, there has been similarity between men and woman 's clothing.

Who said trousers were not for women in the first place?

Is it the african man whose traditional clothing  is wrapper just like the  women who also wear wrappers?

In scotland, the men wear skirts traditionally. If i were to be a preacher in scotland, will it be right for me to go and ask the men to remove their skirts and put on trousers for Jesus sake?

They have quoted that  scripture out of context and now they preach it as though they wrote the bible. They preach against wearing trousers but plant egusi and yam at their backyards. They wear, silk on cotton. Who are they decieving.

The bible says if you are justified by the law you are a debtor because you are expected to keep the whole law.

However, that scripture was actually saying that the men should not wear what belongs to the  woman and vise versa. Meaning, if it is your wife or dauthter's clothing, don't put it on. If God meant style of clothing, he would have provided tailors for them.

...And you will notice that those who major on these issues do so because that is all they've got...religion!

They have neglected that personal and powerful fellowship with the Holy spirit of grace and power. They do not know what it is to live in the Word.

Mark 7:13 
Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition...

Someone asked what kind of christain you were. I think i know what kind you are...the 'Jesus kind'.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by gospelman(m): 3:49pm On Jan 26, 2006
Thanks Donnie.
Idollier,I am not a protestant.A king does not protest! It is the poor and ignorant that Protest.I am not a baptist either.Nor am I a pentecostal.
I am a 'Jesus man': a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N!
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by thelastdon(m): 7:01pm On Jan 26, 2006
who bears the name donnie on this land? angry
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by gbadex1(m): 7:38pm On Jan 26, 2006
gospelman:

Thanks Donnie.
Idollier,I am not a protestant.A king does not protest! It is the poor and ignorant that Protest.I am not a baptist either.

...absolute nonsense.
who told you Protestants protest.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by gbadex1(m): 7:41pm On Jan 26, 2006
gospelman:

Thanks Donnie.
Idollier,I am not a protestant.A king does not protest! It is the poor and ignorant that Protest.I am not a baptist either.Nor am I a pentecostal.

while mot trying to belittle you , you should find out why denominations are so called by such names
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by gbadex1(m): 7:42pm On Jan 26, 2006
gospelman:

Thanks Donnie.
Idollier,I am not a protestant.A king does not protest! It is the poor and ignorant  that Protest.I am not a baptist either.Nor am I a pentecostal.

while not trying to belittle you , you should find out why denominations are so called by such names and not just giving an irrational reponse to a question
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by ldollier(f): 7:54pm On Jan 26, 2006
gospelman:

Thanks Donnie.

okay, we are all christians seems like you dont belong to any denominations.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by gospelman(m): 1:29pm On Jan 30, 2006
Gbade,I am alarmed that you can talk like this.
What I said was about me not about you nor anybody else.I just said I am not a protestant.And I meant what I said.
Who told you I do not know why/how that name came about?
And using the word 'irrational' is very rude of u.I hope you clean up your language,at least out here.

Dear Idollier,all I just told you was that I was none of those you mentioned.I know those names are used to distinguish Christians,but there is no scriptural basis for that.

And I am a Christian,I belong to a local assembly.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by kaylala(m): 9:51am On Feb 01, 2006
I guess this is not a battle field or cross fire shocked
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by gbadex1(m): 1:49pm On Feb 02, 2006
gospelman:

Gbade,I am alarmed that you can talk like this.
What I said was about me not about you nor anybody else.I just said I am not a protestant.And I meant what I said.
Who told you I do not know why/how that name came about?
And using the word 'irrational' is very rude of u.I hope you clean up your language,at least out here.

Dear Idollier,all I just told you was that I was none of those you mentioned.I know those names are used to distinguish Christians,but there is no scriptural basis for that.

And I am a Christian,I belong to a local assembly.

do not be alarmed if i talk like that. i had my reasons for saying what i said. above all, i was not trying to belittle you. true there is no scriptural basis for the NAMES, but as they do not contradict God's word and so named for the reasons behind their founding, there is nothing wrong in that. if you don't belong to any denomination, just say so DIRECTLY AND OUTLOUD, not saying things like, "Kings do not protest. only the poor and ignorant protest." what sort of talk is that? how do expect the Protestant in here to feel if you can issue such statements? i say that was rude of you, inasmuch as you say i was rude to you. i counted that statement as irrational, still do.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by donnie(m): 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2006
Jesus told us that we shall have what soever we say. The bible also tells us that death and life are in the power of the tongue. It also lets us know in Romans 10:8,9 that salvation is in your mouth.

He is using his mouth to position his life for success. What are you doing with yours? Speak for yourself, and let him speak for himself.

Many christians loose out on the best of God's blessings bc they choose to tie their lives to those names.

You ask a fellow, "are you born-again or have you recieved the holy Ghost?' and he answers, 'I am not penticostal'.

What does 'penticostal' or 'orthodox' have to do with recieving the Holy Ghost? You should recieve the Holy Ghost and speak in other tongues whether you are catholic, protestant or penticostal. So don't hide behind any name to excuse yourself from doing God's Word.

That is what we want to get at... ok?

I belong to a  chusrch myself. I have recieved the Holy spirit and i speak with tongues but i am neither penticostal, prostestant nor orthordox. I am a christain.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by gbadex1(m): 8:29am On Feb 03, 2006
donnie:

Jesus told us that we shall have what soever we say. The bible also tells us that death and life are in the power of the tongue. It also lets us know in Romans 10:8,9 that salvation is in your mouth.

He is using his mouth to position his life for success. What are you doing with yours? Speak for yourself, and let him speak for himself.

Many christians loose out on the best of God's blessings bc they choose to tie their lives to those names.

You ask a fellow, "are you born-again or have you recieved the holy Ghost?' and he answers, 'I am not penticostal'.

What does 'penticostal' or 'orthodox' have to do with recieving the Holy Ghost? You should recieve the Holy Ghost and speak in other tongues whether you are catholic, protestant or penticostal. So don't hide behind any name to excuse yourself from doing God's Word.

That is what we want to get at... ok?

I belong to a  chusrch myself. I have recieved the Holy spirit and i speak with tongues but i am neither penticostal, prostestant nor orthordox. I am a christain.

i understand what you mean. now understand mine. all this denominations are all CHRISTIANS. whether pentecostal, C.A.C, baptist, methodist, anglican, protestant, what-not. i am not trying to refute a claim to christianity or say one denomination is more superior to the other. neither am i trying to say that if you don't belong to any of the said denominations, you are not a christian.
what you said made sense but not in this , should i say issue, with gospelman. all he was asked was if he belong to a denomination. what he said , about him saying it for himself and himself along is a true. what i didn't like is the ,"Kings do not protest, only the poor and ignorant Protest" part. that part was uncalled for, as it didn't have anything to do with the question. being a prostentant or belonging to a denomination doesn't make you any lesser a christian. the same goes for non-denominational churches. yo, donnie, is it all people you ask if they are born again and they give you that answer in your post? certainly not all. as we have people who don't know their stand or should i say their calling as christian, can utter words like," i am not pentecostal, so you have people that are the reverse.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by donnie(m): 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2006
I do not think there are Anglicans or Lutherans or methodists who prefer to call themselves by that name 'prostestant'.

That is not the name of any denomination. There is no reason for hem to be protesting today.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by allonym: 11:02am On Feb 17, 2006
donnie:

That is what we want to get at, ok?

I belong to a chusrch myself. I have recieved the Holy spirit and i speak with tongues but i am neither penticostal, prostestant nor orthordox. I am a christain.

Perhaps you don't know what it means to be pentacostal. . . If you did, you will understand his response.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 17, 2006
Thread was getting interesting until somebody turned it into a fight-of-faith. Fuggit the church-denomination thang, its caused enuff wars already. Shd wmen wear trowsers?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by donnie(m): 2:22pm On Feb 17, 2006
Allonym,

Pls tell me, what does it mean to be penticostal?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by gbadex1(m): 6:02pm On Feb 17, 2006
ok,ok let's get back to the main issue, this thread was put up for. i was just trying to clear something up. i come from one of the said denominations, Baptist to be exact, and was just trying to pass a message across.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by GL(f): 3:03am On Feb 20, 2006
My church is against women wearing trousers, using hair attachments, earrings. now they say big earrings. I believed in these things when I was younger until I realized they weren't consistent.

The objection to jewelry stems from the Israelites using gold jewelry to make an idol. However, the way I see it is - people use yam and oil for sacrifice but we still eat it. Plus, why do they allow gold wristwatches? Even Peter told women not to rely on jewelry for their beauty. That means the women in the church were using jewelry.

Foreign female ministers come wearing trousers, using jewelry, and not covering their hair!!! Yet, they are allowed to preach. If God allows it for them, why not for us?

I think the passage in Deutronomy was about transvestites or such. One thing we overlook in Nigeria is that God is loving. No one is perfect and we all depend on His mercy. No one will go to hell for wearing trousers or to heaven for not. The deciding factor will be how much we loved and put our faith in Jesus. Personally, I believe that the church should focus more on getting people to love and put their faith in Jesus. He will take care of all our weaknesses.

This issue is quite similar to the issue of circumscision that once divided the early church. The Apostles made it clear that it wasn't the issue, faith in God is. All of us come to God with our different weaknesses and backgrounds, all He requires is that we put our faith in Him and surrender our lives to Him. We can't all be the same, as we have different backgrounds. Even the apostles weren't the same.

There are some doctrines that are the foundation of Christianity, like the Virgin birth, the death and ressurection of Christ, the Trinity etc. I think we should place more emphasis on those. Those like what we eat, washing of hands, circumcision, clothing etc. should not divide us, as they aren't essential to our faith.

I read this somewhere and try to live by it :-

In essentials (doctrines), unity; in non-essentials (doctrines), liberty; in all things, charity.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2006
Well said! Well said!!
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by gospelman(m): 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2006
Gbade,whether you like it or not,what I said was not about you but me.You say you are a protestant and I say I am not.

Whoever told you you were ,is a different issue now.But the point remains that no Christian is a protestant nor a pentecostal.Those are names carved out by men and these names have only helped in dividing the body of Christ .But the Lord is building His church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Why can't we just stick with what God says about us and flow with what He has given us?Anyone who is born again and filled with the Holy Ghost should not be faced with the unscriptural walls or protestantism and pentecostalism.Let the new kid just flow with the Lord,to whom he belongs.

Local Asemblies are scriptural (whatever name we call them).But protestantism and pentecostalism are not scriptural.As a matter of fact,on the day of pentecost,in the Acts of the Apostles, it was the 'non-pentecostals' ,a hundred and twenty of them, that received the Holy Ghost.The pentecostals(those who were celeberating the Jewish feast of pentecost) did not receive the Holy Ghost.As a matter of fact they didn't even now He came.But they did see the effects but termed it drunkeness.

So just be a Jesus man!
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by allonym: 8:42am On Feb 22, 2006
gospelman:

Gbade,whether you like it or not,what I said was not about you but me.You say you are a protestant and I say I am not.

Whoever told you you were ,is a different issue now.But the point remains that no Christian is a protestant nor a pentecostal.Those are names carved out by men and these names have only helped in dividing the body of Christ .But the Lord is building His church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Why can't we just stick with what God says about us and flow with what He has given us?Anyone who is born again and filled with the Holy Ghost should not be faced with the unscriptural walls or protestantism and pentecostalism.Let the new kid just flow with the Lord,to whom he belongs.

Local Asemblies are scriptural (whatever name we call them).But protestantism and pentecostalism are not scriptural.As a matter of fact,on the day of pentecost,in the Acts of the Apostles, it was the 'non-pentecostals' ,a hundred and twenty of them, that received the Holy Ghost.The pentecostals(those who were celeberating the Jewish feast of pentecost) did not receive the Holy Ghost.As a matter of fact they didn't even now He came.But they did see the effects but termed it drunkeness.

So just be a Jesus man!

Your post does not really make sense.

While I agree, it would be great IF there were no denominations and every christian was just that, the fact is the world is different. I can't tell if this was your tone. . or if you are really saying there isn't any real thing as a denomination.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by gospelman(m): 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2006
Allonym, what I said was not supposed to make sense to you.The word of God does not appeal to the senses,but to the spirit.

Only the initiated can understand what I am talking about.

Peace!
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by donnie(m): 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2006
That's right brother!

Because by the time unbelievers begin to commend and agree with what you say or do; then it is time to check yourself to be sure that you are walking in the path of light.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by allonym: 5:37am On Feb 24, 2006
gospelman:

Allonym, what I said was not supposed to make sense to you.The word of God does not appeal to the senses,but to the spirit.

Only the initiated can understand what I am talking about.

Peace!

Only the initiated. . .into what? Your cult? Since when do you need to be "initiated" to understand the Word of God? That kind of talk is plain *********

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman: In COVID I Bought My Third Private Jet (Video) / I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. / Catholic Church Ordains Okara, A Kegite Club Member, As Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.