Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,530 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? (40165 Views)

Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos / Christian women wearing trouser, ear ring, ornament etc is a big satanic trap / What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 10:31pm On May 03, 2011
you are meant to give me a reference. and how might I be duped? Seeing as you know your country better than I do, and have expressed concern for my well-being.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 04, 2011
James 1vs 14 let's us understand how temptations work. Seriously @Andrearose well the bible does not say trousers and I know Scottish men wear plaid skirts, but the thing with trousers particularly with women is the application of scripture. There are different schools of thought, but what is most important is 1Co 8:13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
(KJV)

So it generally follows that trousers upset some men's vision with lustful thoughts, so following the logic in the verse above that is why trousers are not accepted.
1Ti 2:9 ¶ In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; {broided: or, plaited}
So like my post, we need to be different and obedient to the word of God.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 1:46pm On May 04, 2011
Seriously Iari, here in Britain, I have never been told that trousers in themselves present a temptation to men. As with skirts and dresses, it is the type of trouser that counts, and modest presentation. Really, if you read my posts you will see that there are many occasions when trousers are more practical, particularly in colder climates. It makes sense does it not, that you are going to get a mighty great draught with a dress or a skirt, on a cold winters day. Also, from the beginning of time, the original trouser was designed for women and men. Also, the Romans, who previously wore skirts, thought that trousers were ridiculous until they came over here, and then began to wear them. Seriously, the most conservative Christians have been wearing trousers over here for years.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 1:50pm On May 04, 2011
Seriously Iari, here in Britain, I have never been told that trousers in themselves present a temptation to men.  As with skirts and dresses, it is the type of trouser that counts, and modest presentation.  Really, if you read my posts you will see that there are many occasions when trousers are more practical, particularly in colder climates.  It makes sense does it not, that you are going to get a mighty great draught with a dress or a skirt, on a cold winters day.  Also, from the beginning of time, the original trouser was designed for women and men.  Also, the Romans, who previously wore skirts, thought that trousers were ridiculous until they came over here, and then began to wear them.  Seriously, the most conservative Christians have been wearing trousers over here for years.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 04, 2011
Yes I read your earlier posts and I must commend your disposition:you desire to know the truth.While I am not in the position to judge you,because we have different cultures. I would encourage you to pray using Jer33vs3 to really get revelational knowledge of God 1st hand,also check Jer29vs13 and wait on the Lord, because the coming of the Lord is near and we must arm ourselves with extra oil like the 5 wise virgins.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 8:46pm On May 04, 2011
Thank you. I would send you a message but it does not seem possible to send messages.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by lumeneng22: 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2013
What of urhobo, isoko and ijaw men that normally tie wrapper?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by aurenflani: 11:47pm On Feb 22, 2013
2nde: there is no law saying all those, all God says is for you not to wear cloths revealing your sensitive part. Period

I thought you people don't follow the bible, only christian dior etc.
paul told your women to cover their heads and that the woman who does not cover her hair must have her hair shaved tongue

Do you speak in the church? Yes. See what I am saying? grin
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Goshen360(m): 12:16am On Feb 23, 2013
Christianity (not Judaism) is NOT a LAW (of Moses) you can keep, it's a LIFE (of Christ) you can live.

Glory to God!
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
Hmmm....guessing on what I can say? Enh enh concerning girls(female) wearing boys(male) trouser as it was taken from the book of deuterönomy chapter 22 verse 5 which says: A WOMAN SHALL NOT WEAR ANYTING THAT PERTAINS TO A MAN,NOR SHALL A MAN PUT ON A WOMAN'S GARMENT;FOR WHOEVER DOES THESE THINGS IS AN ABOMINATION TO THE LORD YOUR GOD(REVISED STANDARD VERSIÖN). View of mine is totally and kicked against the women wearing,so bound the trouser of men, because as of this age where trousers is modernised to the tightest nut,that reveals the shape of the body is embarassing and misleading. It was regarded as men cloth before its exposition to be modernised and fit it to be tight. We all know and agree that it was men that was wearing trousers,if not we would not have been dragging,arguing,fighting and judging them. Yeah,concerning some programme like national youth service corps where trouser is compulsory for evryone. And banker who wears trouser, which you people justifying there are femine and masculine style. All I can I say is trousers is trouser. since!!since men were inspired by the Holy spirit and we people of now a days was inspired that this is wrong. Do banker not wear skirt and suit? Is that not okay and enough for their job to make it easy for them? As for me, yes,it is enough! Definately there is a map and way to shape their cloth in skirt to their liking which will comfort them in their NYSC UNIFORM. So much to say but my point is,there is something that must pertain to man and woman which we are not addressing here in the House of Nairaland. And also remember that our heart is more full of evil to think it this way. There is a way that seems right to a man but the end thereof is destruction. Let leaves skirt for woman and trouser to men. Thank you all.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by JesusIsLord1999: 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
Well the bible is quite clear on this matter you just need to read it . In Deuteronomy 22:5 it states The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God. The key word being abomination. God never changes if something is abominable to him in the old testament it is abominable to him in the new testament and forevermore.The law of Moses were for the children of Israel to follow and if you look none of them mention if you do not do this God will find you abominable (law in terms of eating and mixing of materials).

And in Revelation 21:8 it states But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Here we see that those who are an abomination unto God (the abominable) shall not enter the kingdom of God. Therefore the old testament calls women wearing that which pertaineth to a a man abominable and the new testament says the abominable shall burn in the lake of fire so add them together and the output is God does not like women wearing things that relate to men's clothing (pertaineth means relate) and trousers were originally created for men women had to fight for the right to wear trousers just like homosexuals had to fight for what the call gay marriage (however their marriage is not justified by God but that's a whole other topic) but just because the world has accepted these things does not mean that God will therefore do not be deceived by the world read your Bible and have daily communion with God and he will reveal the truth to you.

I am 16 years old and I am able to understand this I have supported my argument with scripture and my reasoning is not far fetched and my prayer is that everyone of you reading this will not harden your heart to the word of God but you shall repent, leave the broad way to destruction and join me on the narrow road to salvation.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by SujiAndrew(m): 8:26am On May 17, 2016
Two Kinds of Morality http://www.sujiandrewsblog.tk/2016/05/two-kinds-of-morality.html?m=1
What is the role of morality in our Christian walk?
This post will clarify your doubts about what the true morality is.
Be blessed in the name of our lord Jesus Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Calendar Souvenir Made For Apostle Suleman When He Got Married In 2004 / Apostle Johnson Suleman: In COVID I Bought My Third Private Jet (Video) / I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.