Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga (19681 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) / Boko Haram Releases Pictures Of Weapons Seized From Army In Baga- Terror Monitor / Baga Attack: Nigerians React After Army Spoke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by 11Ebiscoo: 10:21am On Dec 29, 2018
Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has given a detailed account of how the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE and Allied Air Forces provided air support to repel an attack by Boko Haram terrorists in Baga.
NAN reports that the fishing town was attacked by so-called members of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) on the evening of Dec.26.
Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, gave the account, detailing the dozens of aerial strikes against the positions of the terrorists.

“It may be recalled that the Headquarters 7 Brigade Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) Baga came under attack by members of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) in the evening of December 26.
“Upon receipt of the information of the attack, the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE immediately dispatched a NAF Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), platform along with two Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships to provide support for the troops to repel the attack.

“The NAF ISR aircraft, which was overhead the troops’ location as at 7.15pm, also worked closely with a NAF and another allied ISR aircraft that are also in the operation area at the time of the attack.
“The ISR platforms were in contact with the ground troops and assisted in directing their fire against the terrorists, while the helicopter gunships engaged the terrorists at isolated locations destroying some of their vehicles and neutralising some fighters,” he said.

He said the ATF also provided support for Nigerian Army (NA), and Nigerian Navy (NN), troops at the Naval Base at Doron Baga, “which equally came under attack by ISWAP fighters on the morning of Dec.27 “.
According to Daramola, the ATF deployed two ISR platforms, two Helicopter Gunships and two Alpha Jet aircraft to provide ISR and close air support to the troops.

“After establishing communication with the ground troops, the location of the terrorists was ascertained and engaged by the Alpha Jet aircraft.

“The NAF and allied ISR platforms also spotted two ISWAP vehicles heading southwards from Baga and vectored the Alpha Jet aircraft to attack the vehicles, completely destroying one of them and neutralising the occupants.

“In order to enhance the quality of coordination between the air and ground operations, the Theatre Commander and Maritime Component Commander were carried onboard the ISR platform during one of the flights,” he said.

The spokesman said in all, the ATF conducted 20 missions in 21 sorties with a total of about 39 hours flown on December 26 and 27 in support of operations in Baga general area.”

“The NAF appreciates the existing synergy with our gallant surface forces as well as our Regional Allies in adding value to our collective efforts to protect our territory and people,” he said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/29/naf-allied-air-forces-helped-flush-boko-haram-baga/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by rottennaija(m): 10:27am On Dec 29, 2018
But my question still remain, why wait for them to attack your base? Is there no air surveillance so as to spot them as they approach?

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by tsephanyah(f): 10:28am On Dec 29, 2018
I'm an old soul. From a different dimension and some other planet. And i know this fighter jet doesn't belong to Nigeria,. Fake picture, it might also be a fake news

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by baliyubla: 10:29am On Dec 29, 2018
Propaganda don't win wars. Make Una continue with the lies.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by olayinks007(m): 10:29am On Dec 29, 2018
Hmmmmmm.... E ma tan ra yim undecided

2 Likes

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by RevLikeBigYansh: 11:04am On Dec 29, 2018
None of the operational aircrafts in the Nigerian Air Force fleet are equipped with radar and night vision instrumentation. The fact that they are claiming that the sorties were launched around 7pm makes me doubt this version. I do know for a fact that NAF missions are restricted to day tine due to technological disadvantages that I highlighted above.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by Doilooklikeicare(m): 11:04am On Dec 29, 2018
This might be true, baga is close to lake chad, dat is probably d water in d pic

3 Likes

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by ainas247: 11:04am On Dec 29, 2018
You want us to believe this and tomorrow there will be another story..

Dominate Google page one with your business product or service let clients find you check my profile

2 Likes

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by easynetsms(m): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2018
So have boko boys left cos thats all I want to hear

Check my signature for legit cheap internet data
Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by okadoo: 11:05am On Dec 29, 2018
Sounds good.
Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by donbrowser(m): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2018
Good to hear. Local media houses will be allowed to report this one but if it's the other way round, the news will be coming from UK and BBC.

1 Like

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by Herdsmen: 11:05am On Dec 29, 2018
Story story.... Story..

Once upon a Time...

6 Likes

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by Mitchewww(m): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2018
This is different from what we heard.

A video of how you spotted the vehicles is needed.

Is bags in BH hands?

1 Like

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by sotall(m): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2018
Propaganda without proofs is story story

8 Likes

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2018
tsephanyah:
I'm an old soul. From a different dimension and some other planet. And i know this fighter jet doesn't belong to Nigeria,. Fake picture, it might also be a fake news
take your drugs as prescribed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by Goatpato: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2018
Hahahha funny County
Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by apesinola001: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2018
Lies everywhere

3 Likes

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by ifada123: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2018
Hmmm
Story for the gods
I Am sorry for your loss!

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2018
op u have joined them to deceive us ba

does nigeria have that kind of jet u used as pix up there

haba na

9 Likes

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by oyinmykel: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2018
I hope its true sha
Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by BakireBulmaker: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2018
Ok
Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by megafaraday(m): 11:07am On Dec 29, 2018
Good news. Some self acclaimed Patriots are not happy with this. God bless the gallant soldiers who put their lives on the line to ensure these dreaded demonic terrorists are defeated

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by jerflakes(m): 11:09am On Dec 29, 2018
tsephanyah:

grin

Of course it doesn't belong to Nigeria

We never get the technology to take a picture of a fighter jet in action, releasing missiles!

Where the camera man go dey? For another fighter jet?

When Boko Haram dey ground?

Come on

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by sugarcoatedhoni: 11:10am On Dec 29, 2018
Can't the Nigerian Military have drones in the sky at all times to monitor enemy position and movements?

How is that Boko boys always get close enough to them to launch attacks and even overpower them....

Something is very fishy with this our counter insurgency strategy

8 Likes

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:10am On Dec 29, 2018
baliyubla:

But you chose to believe the story from the terrorists. What does that makes you?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by Lucifer66(m): 11:11am On Dec 29, 2018
Soon you will hear Boko Haram has stolen these air crafts and are now using them against us.
Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by Lucifer66(m): 11:12am On Dec 29, 2018
Why post these pictures?
Nigeria can never afford those jets.
Probably still using helicopters.
Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by Front0lane: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2018
rottennaija:
But my question still remain, why wait for them to attack your base? Is there no air surveillance so as to spot them as they approach?
My own question why did PDP allow them capture Mugonu n other cities in Borno & Yobe previously ?

Why did many foolish hopeless Biafrans now asking why the army can not chase after the terrorist when boko haram was harnessing city by city to the extent it took control of the second largest city in Borno not ask same under PDP rule ?

Why do this same shameless foolish people want the same PDP that failed woefully back in power if not based on sentiment bigotry n outright madness ? That is my own question.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2018
rottennaija:
That area is along the border

3 Likes

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by RALPHOW(m): 11:13am On Dec 29, 2018
Many of you don't know the capacity of Nigeria Airforce, Navy ,Army and even Police ( when they decided to work).

2 Likes

Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by Jabioro: 11:15am On Dec 29, 2018
rottennaija:
The same question litter everywhere..
Re: How NAF, Allied Air Forces Helped To Flush Boko Haram Out Of Baga by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 29, 2018
baliyubla:

Stop believing Brits Mr brainwashed man, your army don already dey baga,

Remember when terrorists overun your village, Brits will not come & save you. Na only naija soldiers who give a shyt about this country & some of them even pay the supreme price in order for you watch ur big ass tv

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

February Polls: If I Lose, It Won’t Be First Time – Buhari / What To Expect As Adams Oshiomhole Receives Rivers State Highest Honors Today / El Rufai In Court To Sue The Union Over Report Of Declaration Of Assets..photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.