Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

The Man Called Sowore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Man Called Sowore (483 Views)

The Man Called Tinubu The JAGABAN Of Southwest Before 1999, Tinubu Had Nothing. / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) / Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man Called Sowore by neutrotoba(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2018
The Man - Omoyele Sowore - A brief study by Iwobe S. Kingsley - Character Development Educator and Author Leadership by Character Development Education.

It is time we understand who Sowore Omoyele really is....what makes him different from an average Nigerian politician or even activist?
Why is he so vocal?
Why is he so forceful and determined?

When i first listened to Sowore talk, i saw someone different both in politics and activism. He wasn't the regular stuff. When i realized he was a presidential aspirant, i decided to study him more and after five months of this intensive study which involved background checks, listening to his countless interviews, analyzing every word, observing his persona, feeling his passion, analyzing his ideas and solutions to the problems of our country as he proffers them and realizing for the first time, that there is one person willing to go the length to achieve this greatness despite the cost unlike the countless millions of Nigerian that desire Nigeria to be great again like myself but unable to do nothing but lament and rain abuses on the political class from the comfort of our homes.

For the sake of being brief, i will craft this article in line with the questions i have ask.

1) Who is Omoyele Sowore?

Omoyele Sowore is a Nigerian who in simple terms is willing to do it all differently because he knows like the rest of us, that the wrong leaders who we have always had in power have in all ways consolidated themselves in power that even you and i so much believe that it is impossible to remove them and that has made many of us resign our fate to accepting them and living with their disdainful leadership style like we really don't have a choice. The Nigerian political class will do anything to hang on to power; play it rough, dirty, rig it out right or what have you and when they get there, steal our collective weal with ignominy and the average Nigerian - you and i will hail them when they drive past in convoys and praise them when they throw crumbs from their table to us. But that is not Sowore, even though we hail and rain praises on thieves and looters who deal with us, he comes out with the truth to face them and he has remained consistent about this - a virtues and a value i find to great in him. He is standing up for what he believes and he is doing it without fear or favour....a lesson for all Nigerians to learn from.

2) What makes him so different from the average political Class?

Understanding!!! Understanding is what makes him so different and feared. Yes! Feared. Sowore is feared, and rather than accept that this fact, those who don't understand him chose to berate him with accusations of been rude, impolite, no respect for elders and what have you. I simply laugh at Nigerians when they are in that mood for self deceit and preference to been told "lies." We all know our politicians, our leaders and we cry and live our lives in agony year after years and hope for a redeemer and for God to come and rescue us from them, yet we have one different politician who came out differently with the will and passion to say the truth and stand for it at the expense of his time and life, yet some of us are unwilling to stand with him? Nigerians wake up. This opportunity will not come so soon again. Sowore is not a politician...he is different because he is a freedom fighter, and he will redeem Nigerians from the clutches of the evil political class who have ran a Nation that can easily take her place in the comity of the most wealthy nations instead of languishing in the den of the poorest nations of the world while her political class holds the world record for been some of the highest paid political leaders in the world. Sowore is fighting for our Freedom. Freedom from poor governance and the ignorance we have built around it.

3) Why is he so vocal?

Passion. Passion is what fuels the strength of every freedom fighter; every HERO, seeking to see and bring about the best for his people. Passion so great that he cannot but be consistent with the fight and the struggle. Passion so great, perceived enemies are constantly told the truth about their actions and activities even in the face of obstacles. Another strength that fuels his vocalism (permit me) is the strength of his intelligence braced by deep understanding of our situation, economy, global economy, political class and other relevant perspective of our national concerns. Ask yourself this question? If you have knowledge about a subject, can anyone intimidate you in any debate? The answer is known to you and i. Sowore's vocality (permit me again) came from his deep knowledge of our situation and national concern and no one can deny or challenge that because he does not give false statistics like many politicians do.

4) Why is he so forceful and determined?

The passion for a better and great-again Nigeria is why. I was even more impressed when i came to the shocking understanding that his struggle was not about him - Sowore but about a Nigeria of our collective dream and this he has proved in some of his actions many years ago when i guess, he never dreamt of becoming a President. He has always stood up for our Nation as a young man coming up and i think we should appreciate that. Many of us are still driven by sentiments clinging on to the weak-man's argument that Nigerians are yet not ready for the kind of political revolution that heralds the Sowore's candidacy, but i know that deep down, all of us outside the political class wish God would just wipe out the crop of politicians we are bedeviled with. at least that is our outspoken prayers. We wish for the kind of leadership/governance found in the western world where things work because tax payers money and national resources are used to better the lives of citizens rather than been stolen by political class. The force and determination you see in Sowore is as a result of the drive for what he intends to achieve which is not to be a President but to redeem us from the stronghold of bad governance and help create a better Nigeria we all can be proud off. Awolowo was never there, sadly it took his exit/demise for many of us to realize that we should have gone all out to have him rule over us so much so that we call him "the President we never had." May God help us not to fail to seize the opportunity that God has given us again in Omoyele Sowore before it is too late.

Nigerians must realise that Sowore Omoyele is a HERO, a FREEDOM FIGHTER and with or without the Election, he is our President. God bless our nation Nigeria.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: The Man Called Sowore by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
okay ooo...
Re: The Man Called Sowore by neutrotoba(m): 7:03am On Dec 30, 2018
The media reporting what they want the people to know, not what they need to know...

The mainstream media has been compromised, our only hope is for online media platforms like Nairaland to remain the conscience of the media by giving equal exposure to all candidates or we're doomed

Seun
Lalasticlala
Ishilove

1 Like

Re: The Man Called Sowore by ozaji: 8:43am On Dec 30, 2018
Mr Sowore is truely a great man.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Online Warriors: Your Service No Longer Needed-Atiku / Lagos Police Commissioner, Imohimi Edgal, Redeployed / Sowore At The Big Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.