Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria (32073 Views)

FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa / Benin Republic Plans To Flood Nigeria With Rice - Lai Mohammed Raises Alarm / Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by JuanDeDios: 11:09am On Dec 30, 2018
Islie:

This, he said with passion, is not only a big treat to the geometric growth recorded in the Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) also known as cooking gas sector in the past 10 years, it had also fuelled the availability of sub-standard cylinders in circulation across the country along with gas that no longer smells to warn of leakages.
https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2018/12/killer-gas-cylinders-flood-nigeria/
That is what worries me. How come gas that does not smell is being sold in Nigeria and the government allows it?
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by obojememe: 11:09am On Dec 30, 2018
JuanDeDios:

What if you live upstairs?
lol...ur question weak me....
buh there shld always be a way out....na hose go suffer
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by southernbelle(f): 11:13am On Dec 30, 2018
whirlwind7:
cry

2 or 3 months ago, a topic on the front page discussed about the emerging trend of frequent gas cylinder explosion.
I mentioned then that the major cause is almost zero regulation of gas cylinders. Every manner of substandard gas tanks have found their way into the market and home. Even local wielders are fabricating gas cylinders without the specified metal alloy or quality.

Sorry to say that this is just the beginning. More explosions await many of us in 2019. I'm not being pessimistic. Just the reality on ground.
We don't have a government.
These are basic things that government ought to have regulated from the beginning, but it didn't. Until one senator's or governor's family perish in a domestic gas explosion, this issue will never get the required attention.

God bless you.
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 11:39am On Dec 30, 2018
EVILFOREST:
What Manner of NATION is this...??

an evil, wicked and soulless country

1 Like

Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 11:40am On Dec 30, 2018
JuanDeDios:

That is what worries me. How come gas that does not smell is being sold in Nigeria and the government allows it?

you think you have a govt in Nigeria?
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by uthfaith(m): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2018
Honestly , the cause of most domestic gas explosion is ignorance and carelessness. Some people cultivate the habit of switching the gas cylinder on before lightning the lighter. Ideally, lighter should be on first then turn the gas on meticulously

1 Like

Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 11:55am On Dec 30, 2018
There is nothing like killer gas cylinders. It is the inability of people to use them effectively.

3 Likes

Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by babatrigga(m): 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
If u don tire for this country say hi

Goodluck Jonathan Visits Ebonyi State Gov, Engr Dave Umahi At His Hometown, Uburu (photos)

https://www.basenaija.com/2018/12/goodluck-jonathan-visits-ebonyi-state.html
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
It's not so much the cylinders as the accessories. Substandard valves, regulators, rubber seals etc. If a cylinder is substandard you can mostly detect via visual inspection.

A lot of fake accessories are on the market.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by GenOrumov: 12:07pm On Dec 30, 2018
sassysure:
No picture?
Good observation.

I was expecting to see an example of a killer cylinder or tips to look out for when buying one so as not to buy a killer cylinder. Alas i was disappointed.

The journalist who wrote the article should have done better.
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ok after the tragedy these people should sue the companies involved. The regulatory agencies should sanction them aswell. You dont get judticecrying online exclusively.
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by vioment: 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2018
Nigeria has never done anything right from beginning to the end since independence. tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ugosample:

an evil, wicked and soulless country
You have started again, how dare you call my sweet Nigeria such names, Nigeria is the best country in the world, we have 24/7power all over the country, good roads better than those in the US and Europe, the best secured country in the world, dollar is 70 k to one US DOLLARS, Buhari is the new president of the G7, if you talk negative against Nigeria again, I will ban you permanently from Nairaland, I will ban your account till 2099 grin

Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Temidayo9(m): 12:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
whirlwind7:
cry

2 or 3 months ago, a topic on the front page discussed about the emerging trend of frequent gas cylinder explosion.
I mentioned then that the major cause is almost zero regulation of gas cylinders. Every manner of substandard gas tanks have found their way into the market and home. Even local wielders are fabricating gas cylinders without the specified metal alloy or quality.

Sorry to say that this is just the beginning. More explosions await many of us in 2019. I'm not being pessimistic. Just the reality on ground.
We don't have a government.
These are basic things that government ought to have regulated from the beginning, but it didn't. Until one senator's or governor's family perish in a domestic gas explosion, this issue will never get the required attention.

The major causes of gas explosion is never hinged on the quality of the cylinder, rather it based on the know how and precautionary measure needed before one could own a gas cylinder.
Remember that there is a shift to gas as a primary source of fire in domestic cooking, but people need training on how to handle gas as home.
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Temidayo9(m): 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2018
Decryptor:
There is nothing like killer gas cylinders. It is the inability of people to use them effectively.
God bless you
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2018
all these chinese imported cylinders sef.chinko ppl be selling inferior materials to us since d days of the man who wore no shoes.
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2018
frankfrancis871:
sad

I love this!
Foolgerians dying as a result of their foolishness

You love this?

You are a merchant of foolishness.
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by mechanics(m): 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
God will help us.
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by OdefaGirl(f): 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
kingharzy:
undecided

What do you expect? ? When they've left their duty post to suck blood. Failed system, wicked administration.

I know it was too long for u to read sha...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by OdefaGirl(f): 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
If u know that u got weak when u saw d length of d post or u got tired along d way, pls come here. It's selufie time!
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by agarawu23(m): 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
JuanDeDios:

What if you live upstairs?
use a long hose to connect it form downstairs to upstairs
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by BecomeALandLord(m): 3:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
agarawu23:
use a long hose to connect it form downstairs to upstairs

Really?
From a three storey building?
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by agarawu23(m): 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2018
BecomeALandLord:

Really?
yes.
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Fidelismaria: 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2018
sad.

So how do we identify the fake and substandard ones?
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Mrceragem: 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2018
slade31:
That's why you all need my cooking gas Leakage Alarm system
Is it gas it uses
When there is no electricity.

You can check me out on whatsapp with zero 7 zero eight two five four 63 two five........
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by slade31: 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2018
[quote author=Mrceragem post=74299468][/quote]

You called me sir
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Olatara(f): 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
I bought my Oando gas cylinder for 9k, my friend bought hers for 5k ( not Oando). Does it mean hers is fake?
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by heddiebanks(m): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2018
slade31:
5k for Abj residents, #5500 for other locations! Thanks for your inquiry

I stay in lagos..how will I get it ?
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by slade31: 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2018
heddiebanks:

I stay in lagos..how will I get it ?
I can send it to u using GIG logistics
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Rhea(f): 1:41am On Dec 31, 2018
EVILFOREST:
What Manner of NATION is this...??

S.hith.ole variant mehn!!! cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by mfm04622: 6:36am On Dec 31, 2018
Pavore9:
This is because regulatory bodies failed in their duties, compromised!

I blame citizens too! Most Nigerians buy second hand cylinders of unknown age and quality! New cylinders (12.5) are about 25k while imported second hand are like 10k
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by mfm04622: 6:39am On Dec 31, 2018
BecomeALandLord:

Really?

If it is a well designed building, there should be an exit from the kitchen that leads outside. Place the cylinder there. Most Nigerians block this exit and make use of only the front door

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos 2023: Babatunde Gbadamosi Attacks Jandor On Twitter / $16b Power Projects By Obasanjo: Fact-Sheet $16B Appropriated, $13.5b Released / Wike Appoints Chinda As Senior Special Assistant On Land, Urban Planning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.