Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria (32072 Views)

FG Distributes 13,000 Cooking Gas Cylinders To Rural Women In Nasarawa / Benin Republic Plans To Flood Nigeria With Rice - Lai Mohammed Raises Alarm / Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by mfm04622: 6:41am On Dec 31, 2018
[quote author=GenOrumov post=74292460]
Good observation.

I was expecting to see an example of a killer cylinder or tips to look out for when buying one so as not to buy a killer cylinder. Alas i was disappointed.

The journalist who wrote the article should have done better.[/quot

Second hand cylinders are the killer cylinders. Ensure you buy new cylinders and replace at specified time

1 Like

Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by mfm04622: 6:43am On Dec 31, 2018
JuanDeDios:

That is what worries me. How come gas that does not smell is being sold in Nigeria and the government allows it?

That is not true! All gas meant for cooking smells. It is not a Nigerian specification, it is a world wide standard. I have never come across gas that do not smell. If you have, let us know
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by mfm04622: 6:44am On Dec 31, 2018
bestman09:
Everything boils down to SON officials who looks the other way after being settled. Most of the goods in the market are substandard, and they all passed through the inspection of SON officials in the wharf. What they are good at is going into the market to disturb and exhort traders

It is not about SON. It is about Nigerians smuggling in used gas cylinders for sale to the public and the public buying used cylinders
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by mfm04622: 6:45am On Dec 31, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

You know there some gas cylinders with burners directly attached to it, do you expect people with such type of cylinders to take it outside to cook?

Those cylinders are not meant to be used indoors! They are for camping! You are supposed to cook with the gas cooker
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by mfm04622: 6:47am On Dec 31, 2018
jaafree:
with this it just cross my mind, last week I saw a place some men painting old qas cylinders like hundreds loaded on a van and taken away , I am sure this must be the type of cannisters that cause most accident . but is there no aqency responsible to handle such cases?

The agencies are not wizards nor witches! They really on Nigerians like you to give them information they can use to protect lives and properties
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by JuanDeDios: 6:57am On Dec 31, 2018
mfm04622:

That is not true! All gas meant for cooking smells. It is not a Nigerian specification, it is a world wide standard. I have never come across gas that do not smell. If you have, let us know
I have. I remarked on it to the attendant.
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by mfm04622: 8:46am On Dec 31, 2018
JuanDeDios:

I have. I remarked on it to the attendant.

You should have reported them to SON, DPR and other regulatory agencies
Re: Killer Gas Cylinders Flood Nigeria by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
Quiet an elaborate post. Just one thing missing though. We need info on how to identify these killer cylinders at 1st glance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Elements In The Villa Want Us To Lose The Elections - El-Rufai (Video) / How Obidients Celebrated Peter Obi's 62nd Birthday / Lagos 2023: Babatunde Gbadamosi Attacks Jandor On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.