Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:07 AM

My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari (22028 Views)

Florence Ajimobi: My Husband, Abiola Cheated Twice And I Forgave Him / Top 10 Questions For President Buhari Before 2019 Presidential Election / Olufunke Awolowo: Awolowo's Opinion About Buhari Before He Died — Grand Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by GentleMoney: 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2018
Hmm..
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by Auxtin85(m): 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2018
Buhari again, soon the word buhari will be defined as evil, bad luck and wickedness
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by FunctionX(m): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2018
I Didn't Read It Was Too Long
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by FunctionX(m): 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2018
Antipob777:
Watch how the shameless and cursed Igbos Jess and osu will twist this thread.

I can never be a tribal bigot like iPod's.

Ndi oshi

your words counter your words.
If you know you know
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by tit(f): 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2018
Shagari is a very nice man
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by Sufisunni: 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2018
donprinyo:
Am Atikulated. Abeg make una leave am rest in peace
Atikulooting of our commonwealth

Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2018
Your father would certainly not missed heaven. Any one that could forgive Jubril deserves to sit on the right hand side of God.
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by docadams: 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
kolnel:
Awesome

I heard that shagari administration ushered in grand corruption

If that’s true
Then maybe shagari is mad at buhari because him shagari couldn’t loot enough funds

Hmmm

Shagari didn't loot, at least no documentary evidence supporting that. However, his easy disposition led others to make his administration corruption-ridden resulting in the introduction of austerity measure on 1982 which led to a lot of economic hardship later on. Though not known to be corrupt, the hawks of his party, NPN, were overtly corrupt most especially Alhaji Umaru Diko(Minister of transport under Shagari), Alhaji Uba Ahmed(NPN national Secretary), and Chief Augustus Adisa Akinloye(NPN national Chairman)
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by Yankee101: 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
This is one of the reasons Buhari is not a suitable presidential candidate.

1. He removed Shagari in the name of corruption but unleashed one the most infamously corrupt governments in the world. He gave us IBB
2. He scuttled democracy, why reward him with the same process he destroyed
3. Shagari and Obasanjo will have a special place in Nigeria. Shagari for not being corrupt like we thought and Obasanjo for handing over to 2 democratically elected presidents
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by raffite: 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2018

Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by kolnel: 8:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
docadams:

Hmmm

Shagari didn't loot, at least no documentary evidence supporting that. However, his easy disposition led others to make his administration corruption-ridden resulting in the introduction of austerity measure on 1982 which led to a lot of economic hardship later on. Though not known to be corrupt, the hawks of his party, NPN, were overtly corrupt most especially Alhaji Umaru Diko(Minister of transport under Shagari), Alhaji Uba Ahmed(NPN national Secretary), and Chief Augustus Adisa Akinloye(NPN national Chairman)

Thanks
That’s very educative
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by Just2endowed2(m): 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2018
kolnel:
Awesome

If that’s true
Then maybe shagari is mad at buhari because him shagari couldn’t loot enough funds

Looted fund story that buhari used to deceived you even till now was used to build so many amenities during his time. E. G ajao kuta steal company. It was well thought then
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by supereagle(m): 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2018
kolnel:
Awesome

If that’s true

They were not after looting then, he didn't even have a house until Abacha came and started paying past president and Head of State.

It was IBB that came in and starred looting.
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by docadams: 8:20pm On Dec 30, 2018
kolnel:

Thanks
That’s very educative

You are welcomed. There is so much about that regime that still remain fresh in ones memory.
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by moderatedguy: 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
kolnel:
Awesome

If that’s true
You are a big bufoon.
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by docadams: 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2018
supereagle:

They were not after looting then, he didn't even have a house until Abacha came and started paying past president and Head of State.

It was IBB that came in and starred looting.

You are wrong in all your assertions. Economic corruption predated the Shagari regime. In fact it started right from the first republic though was limited to the regions. It spread slowly to the federal level as power gradually became centralized. Corruption was rampant during Shagari era. Rice importation was one of those areas that was corrupted. Alhaji Umaru Diko as the Transportation minister. was the sole issuer of import license for rice importation. Likewise, importation of other essential commodities were given to a selected few belonging to the NPN. There was so much abuse that essential commodities became scarce because of hoarding. Prices consequently sky rocketed. Corruption was also responsible for the collapse at infancy of Aladja steel mill, the newly commissioned Sapele ports as well as many of the several River basin development authorities and so many other state enterprises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by shadyLP(m): 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
Forgiveness is allowed but to forget....... ain't damn possible...
U know that! undecided
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by ushafe(m): 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
Racoon:
Meanwhile, the vindictive & unforgiving bigot have nothing like forgiveness in his subconsciousness.

Shagari fell ill but he was managed @ National Hospital Abuja till he sadly passed on.However, Buhari have made a cosy London hospital his permanent holiday resort for medical tourism even against his scam & hypocritical promise not to do so from the inception of his government.
Always power hungry
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2018
mehn these northern guys can play d game of politics...thumbs up to them..hate it or like it Buhari is returning come 2019 but this kind of elitist politics nawa
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by ReachHard: 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
Speak for yourself, son.
Some matters are way DEEPER than you think.
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by supereagle(m): 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
docadams:

You are wrong in all your assertions. Economic corruption predated the Shagari regime. In fact it started right from the first republic though was limited to the regions. It spread slowly to the federal level as power gradually became centralized. Corruption was rampant during Shagari era. Rice importation was one of those areas that was corrupted. Alhaji Umaru Diko as the Transportation minister. was the sole issuer of import license for rice importation. Likewise, importation of other essential commodities were given to a selected few belonging to the NPN. There was so much abuse that essential commodities became scarce because of hoarding. Prices consequently sky rocketed. Corruption was also responsible for the collapse at infancy of Aladja steel mill, the newly commissioned Sapele ports as well as many of the several River basin development authorities and so many other state enterprises.

I am talking of Shagari, he was not indicted by any commission of enquiry.
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by Ayobami7(m): 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
ok
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by Rindo69: 9:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
But the vindictive Buhari cannot forgive Dasuki...
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2018
if shagari is 93, then bubu lie about his age na lol smiley
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by oruma19: 11:13pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ekweremmadu said on Friday, December 28, in Enugu said that Shagari’s death was a heavy loss to the nation. He noted that the late elder statesman was a sage and democrat.

The deputy senate president, said although the late elder statesman lived to a ripe age of 93, his wealth of experience and treasury of wisdom would still have been most invaluable in the quest to build the Nigeria of our dreams
sebi u guys can read the bolded? if hypocrisy doesnt kill Nigeria, what will? how can Shagari who has been quiet over all these years be missed by Nigeria or Nigerians? what was his contribution in th elast 25 yrs to Nigeria as a country? until we stop all this our stupidity, Nigeria will never succeed. i didnt know Ekweremadu is such an idiot and a slave, only idiots and slaves talk like this.. chaii.
Osagyefo98:
- Bala, who is the district head of Shagari town in Sokoto, notes that he would not comment on Buhari’s pledge until it is fulfilled

- The eldest son of the late president says his father did not leave any will beside the directive that he should be buried at his home, Shagari

Bala Shagari, the eldest son of late Shehu Shagari has said his father had no grudge against Buhari or anyone because he had pardoned everyone before his death

Bala made the statement on Sunday, December 30, when expressing appreciation to President Muhammadu Buhari over condolence visit to the family in Sokoto, The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
He said that the family was happy with the visit and Buhari’s pledge to immortalize the late president

Bala, who is the district head of Shagari town in Sokoto, however, said he would not comment on Buhari’s pledge until it was fulfilled.

Late Shagari, aged 93, died on December 28 at the National Hospital, Abuja and was buried on Saturday, December 29, at Shagari, his hometown

Shagari was president of Nigeria from 1979 to 1983. He was overthrown by a coup d’etat that brought in Muhammadu Buhari to power as military head of state, three months after he (Shagari) was sworn in for second term.

He said that the late president did not leave any will beside the directive that he should be buried at his home, Shagari.

According to Bala, the directive was strictly observed and implemented as his remains were buried at Shagari town.

He acknowledged that the sultan had offered that the late president should be buried at Hubbare, where Shehu Usman Danfofio was laid to rest

“We acknowledged it but late Shagari had told us that he should be buried in Shagari town and even indicated a specific location, so we have to comply with his will,” he added.

According to him, his father had no grudge against Buhari or anyone because Shagari told us he had pardoned everyone.

He explained that the late president’s absence at functions was due to his ill-health, saying that was why he stayed in Sokoto and Shagari town before he died.

Earlier, President Buhari condoled with the wives and children of late Shagari at the deceased residence on Sama road in Sokoto.

During the visit, Prof Shehu Galadanci led the prayers for late Shagari.

He also prayed to God to change the mindset of those spreading hate and disunity among citizens as well as those individuals or organisations working against the laudable and pro-human policies and programmes of the Buhari administration.

Buhari was accompanied by Governors Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state, Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi, Senator Aliyu Wamakko and Sokoto state deputy governor, Alhaji Mannir Dan-Iya, among others.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the visit was cheered by crowds chanting; “Nigeria Said Maigaskiya” meaning Nigeria is for a truthful person.

The federal government’s delegation led by secretary to the federation, Boss Mustspha, had earlier attended the late president’s funeral on Saturday in Shagari town.

The deceased held the traditional title of Turakin Sokoto, was born on Feb. 25, 1925 in Shagari, in Shagari Local Government Area of Sokoto state.

After his early education, he worked as a teacher briefly before he became politician in 1951. In 1954, he was elected to the Federal House of Representatives.

He served seven times as a federal minister and federal commissioner from 1958–1975, before he was elected president in 1979.

Meanwhile, the deputy senate president, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, has expressed deep grief over the passing on of the Second Republic President, Alhaji Shehu Shagari.

Ekweremmadu said on Friday, December 28, in Enugu said that Shagari’s death was a heavy loss to the nation. He noted that the late elder statesman was a sage and democrat.

The deputy senate president, said although the late elder statesman lived to a ripe age of 93, his wealth of experience and treasury of wisdom would still have been most invaluable in the quest to build the Nigeria of our dreams

https://www.legit.ng/1212507-shagari-family-hails-buhari-condolence-visit.html?fbclid=IwAR31P5h_4ZYO9xJzzbGCIbgsiR0uun2a9LQGcXAdOf5n_0oXdijv_WvxJRg
Ekwe
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by docadams: 11:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
supereagle:

I am talking of Shagari, he was not indicted by any commission of enquiry.

If you say Shagari, I will agree with you.
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by taretoofine(m): 3:33am On Dec 31, 2018
MKO death was blamed ,shagaris death someone was blamed .. its a blem blem, not again this time
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by OlaMiki: 9:15am On Dec 31, 2018
This Children of hatred and corruption from that side of No referandum no erection , will never get sense , always taking panadol for another man's headache, unlooking their cursed side full of maggot shits. useless IPOD Pigs shocked shocked shocked
Racoon:
Meanwhile, the vindictive & unforgiving bigot have nothing like forgiveness in his subconsciousness.

Shagari fell ill but he was managed @ National Hospital Abuja till he sadly passed on.However, Buhari have made a cosy London hospital his permanent holiday resort for medical tourism even against his scam & hypocritical promise not to do so from the inception of his government.
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by OhakweObiora: 9:47am On Jan 06, 2019
oruma19:

sebi u guys can read the bolded? if hypocrisy doesnt kill Nigeria, what will? how can Shagari who has been quiet over all these years be missed by Nigeria or Nigerians? what was his contribution in th elast 25 yrs to Nigeria as a country? until we stop all this our stupidity, Nigeria will never succeed. i didnt know Ekweremadu is such an idiot and a slave, only idiots and slaves talk like this.. chaii.
Ekwe

Oruma19, you are a fool for bringing in the DSP's name and trying to insult him.

If you are supporting Peter Obi, go ahead and support him but don't use your support for him to insult Ike Ekweremadu because Peter Obi can never be on the same level with Ekweremadu in Igbo land.

Ekweremadu is a leader that knows political strategy like the back of his palm.

Obi cannot win Anambra State but even Gov Obiano respects Ekweremadu and listens to him.

Without the support of Ekweremadu and SE governors, Peter Obi will not deliver SE for PDP/Atiku.
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by Alfredakpodiete: 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2019
oruma19:

Ekwe

What are u saying?? Are you that jobless??

Hate it or love it, shagari was an elder statesman. At his age, there was little or nothing he could say as it affects governance. How many 93 year old Nigerians still speak on public matters??

Even bubu at 76 has said that there's a limit at which he can perform!

The DSP did noble by extolling the qualities of the former president.

I know you wouldn't mind being a slave as long as you are the Deputy President of the Nigerian Senate. So before you call him a slave, check out your achievements in lifeďż˝
Re: My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari by oruma19: 6:18am On Jan 07, 2019
mtchwwww.
Alfredakpodiete:

What are u saying?? Are you that jobless??

Hate it or love it, shagari was an elder statesman. At his age, there was little or nothing he could say as it affects governance. How many 93 year old Nigerians still speak on public matters??

Even bubu at 76 has said that there's a limit at which he can perform!

The DSP did noble by extolling the qualities of the former president.

I know you wouldn't mind being a slave as long as you are the Deputy President of the Nigerian Senate. So before you call him a slave, check out your achievements in lifeďż˝

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Announces Top-management Level Appointments, Redeployments / No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde / Shut Down Your Facebook And Twitter Accounts - Senator Shehu Sani Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.