Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. (4626 Views)

Why Your Data(sub) Finishes Quick. / Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription / The Difference Between Glo Data Plans And Other Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by shedy03(m): 11:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
For over 7months I have not recharged my Glo line, neither have I subscribed for Glo data.
Unfortunately for me, something just pushed me and i reloaded my Glo line and subscribed for glo data. May be just to check if Glo has repented.
To my outmost dismay, a file of 70MB is taking 5hours to download. And I could not use 150MB out of 1.2G data I sub.
Av decided to crush my Glo line so that there won't be a repeat of this.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by Ololadejoseph: 11:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
e b like say na ur area bro . send me ur sim if u no need am again. lol. super fast at my hood anyways.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by REB3L(m): 12:08am On Jan 02, 2019
shedy03:
For over 7months I have not recharged my Glo line, neither have I subscribed for Glo data.
Unfortunately for me, something just pushed me and i reloaded my Glo line and subscribed for glo data. May be just to check if Glo has repented.
To my outmost dismay, a file of 70MB is taking 5hours to download. And I could not use 150MB out of 1.2G data I sub.

You can turn your mistake into a something good, can you share me the data before you destroy the sim. let it not go to waste ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by Spooby: 12:21am On Jan 02, 2019
It is dependent on your area.
In Abuja, am lucky to live and work in areas where there is 4g network coverage, its quite fast actually. See attached speed test result.
I have stopped subscribing to Ntel due to Glo resurgence and Ntel woefully customer care.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by shedy03(m): 12:59am On Jan 02, 2019
Spooby:
In Abuja, am lucky to live and work in areas where there is 4g network coverage, its quite fast actually. See attached speed test result.
I have stopped subscribing to Ntel due to Glo resurgence and Ntel woefully customer care.
Am in abuja too.
But Unfortunately, my phone does not support Glo 4G network. I do use airtel 4G, airtel data zapping no be here.

1 Like

Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by shedy03(m): 1:00am On Jan 02, 2019
Ololadejoseph:
e b like say na ur area bro . send me ur sim if u no need am again. lol. super fast at my hood anyways.
Yeah, right. Na my area.
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by bizza45: 1:55am On Jan 02, 2019
have u not heard... glo "SLOW WITH PRIDE"

1 Like

Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by Lexusgs430: 4:28am On Jan 02, 2019
shedy03:

Am in abuja too.
But Unfortunately, my phone does not support Glo 4G network. I do use airtel 4G, airtel data zapping no be here.

May I introduce you to Umidigi One...... It supports Glo Band 28...... Also available through Jumia.......
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by michlins(m): 5:47am On Jan 02, 2019
Oga kindly share the data
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:18am On Jan 02, 2019
It's ur area. Glo 3G/H is really hot here

Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by obynocute(m): 8:05am On Jan 02, 2019
Oga, na ur area.
Glo is blazing hot over here.

1 Like

Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by cupidboy1(m): 8:27am On Jan 02, 2019
Glo used to be the slowest network then but I can tell u that they have seriously improved. So bro, d problem is probably not from ur area but from ur villa or ur phone cuz with 3g network, u should download faster than that.
GLO #GrandMastersOfData
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by sheggsliveth: 8:28am On Jan 02, 2019
Mr Lexusgs430 you are sighted ..the gospel is really spreading..I heard that glo now have new 4G band that most phone surpported HOW TRUE IS THIS?
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by funkyjms: 9:11am On Jan 02, 2019
shedy03:

Am in abuja too.

Try this method shared on this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/4429091/how-make-glo-network-browsing#66329744

In addition to what OP posted, after selecting those options and you click OK, you have to save the settings if not it will revert to the default settings. OP forgot to add that.
Since your phone doesn't support 4G, you won't tick LTE.
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by Friedyokes: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2019
VIPERVENOM:
It's ur area. Glo 3G/H is really hot here
what downloader is that
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by laxetude: 9:22am On Jan 02, 2019
Spooby:

I love this
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by banky99(m): 9:43am On Jan 02, 2019
Very funny but it’s really crappy that glo sucks
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by Lexusgs430: 9:52am On Jan 02, 2019
sheggsliveth:
Mr Lexusgs430 you are sighted ..the gospel is really spreading..I heard that glo now have new 4G band that most phone surpported HOW TRUE IS THIS?

I would not know about this, all I know is Umidigi One and many more Umidigi devices, supports Band 28.............
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by samisj4real(m): 10:08am On Jan 02, 2019
Glo is too bad in my area. Abuja based

If you reside at abuja and you have a good business idea & not having enough fund to implement it. Holla me, we could be partners. Please if you not legit don't bother yourself.
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by fuckboys: 10:20am On Jan 02, 2019
shedy03:
please what's the model of your phone?
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:08am On Jan 02, 2019
Friedyokes:
what downloader is that
that's operamini
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by shedy03(m): 12:16pm On Jan 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

May I introduce you to Umidigi One...... It supports Glo Band 28...... Also available through Jumia.......
New phone can wait, school fees for children on my mind right now.���

2 Likes

Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by shedy03(m): 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2019
fuckboys:
please what's the model of your phone?
Infinix note 2 LTE (x600)
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by shedy03(m): 12:20pm On Jan 02, 2019
funkyjms:

Try this method shared on this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/4429091/how-make-glo-network-browsing#66329744

In addition to what OP posted, after selecting those options and you click OK, you have to save the settings if not it will revert to the default settings. OP forgot to add that.
Since your phone doesn't support 4G, you won't tick LTE.
Thanks, I think there's little improvement. Let me manage and finish this data, and I will sub Glo data no more.�
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by chingle5(m): 1:12pm On Jan 02, 2019
shedy03:

Guy the irony of all diz is that Glo and Airtel are very slow infact i dont even know which one is even fast among the two of them especially when using the 3G speed , just like when one of friend was lamenting that he can not download just 5mb file with his Glo sim (3G network) what i usually advice people to do in diz case is to try and get a 4G LTE MIFI which can acquire with 10k for new one which is the ZTE MIFI and fairly use can be gotten for 5-8k depending on the seller...

The Glo and airtel 4G LTE speed is very ok especially for browsing and streaming but i will say it is poor for downloading large file for me because i download large files, i can not be downloading a game of 40gig with 1-3 mbp speed is just frustrating and another thing i will like to point out is LOCALITY, ur location also matters,for me in my area my etisalat 3G speed i usually get 500kbp-2mbp while if i change it to 4G LTE it barely maintains 200kbp so location also matters................. cool
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by Sportwin(m): 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2019
chingle5:

Guy the irony of all diz is that Glo and Airtel are very slow infact i dont even know which one is even fast among the two of them especially when using the 3G speed , just like when one of friend was lamenting that he can not download just 5mb file with his Glo sim (3G network) what i usually advice people to do in diz case is to try and get a 4G LTE MIFI which can acquire with 10k for new one which is the ZTE MIFI and fairly use can be gotten for 5-8k depending on the seller...

The Glo and airtel 4G LTE speed is very ok especially for browsing and streaming but i will say it is poor for downloading large file for me because i download large files, i can not be downloading a game of 40gig with 1-3 mbp speed is just frustrating and another thing i will like to point out is LOCALITY, ur location also matters,for me in my area my etisalat 3G speed i usually get 500kbp-2mbp while if i change it to 4G LTE it barely maintains 200kbp so location also matters................. cool

pls is that mifi ok

cos glo 4g band is not supported
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by encryptjay(m): 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2019
Just forget slow if you're not using their 4G SIM. Glo 3G is strong in Asokoro, Abj but I guess MTN and Airtel will annihilate it in terms of speed in the same location.
Any Glo user that's not on a 4G SIM will likely suffer especially when you're trying to upload something.
Make sure your phone supports the 4G LTE band though.
Band 28(700).
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by Techkidz(m): 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2019
grin
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by chingle5(m): 5:27am On Jan 04, 2019
Sportwin:

pls is that mifi ok

cos glo 4g band is not supported

the battery is very good it last up to 5-6 hours but i havent seen any modem that is compatible with all the network my modem support almost all but not the MTN 4G Band
Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by bobo65(m): 7:06am On Jan 04, 2019
All these people shouting it's ur area so Ill relocate because I want to browse?

MTN Etisalat and airtel, even if Na 1 bar of service u get, e go still fast
Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Glo Data Sub, My First Mistake In 2019. by Mystiq25(m): 7:20am On Jan 04, 2019
bobo65:
All these people shouting it's ur area so Ill relocate because I want to browse?

MTN Etisalat and airtel, even if Na 1 bar of service u get, e go still fast
Na wa o
exactly my friend, with those 3 networks you can browse and download anywhere you are but why is glo different? With glo you can have a full network bar in a particular location but the moment you move an inch away it will turn to emergency call only, crappy network.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 / Glo Modified Bounce Tariff Plan / Best Android Phones Under ₦20,000 In Nigeria – June 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.