Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,371 members, 7,812,092 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Share Your Views About Ramadan Here - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Share Your Views About Ramadan Here (3039 Views)

Views About Mufti Ismail Menk / Caliphate Declaration, Your Views / The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 10, 2010
@javalove.theres a mixup here,remember we are fasting for Allah,while we benefit from it spiritually,physically,mentally and others
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by Amalaaba: 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2010
IRA the Catholic body have killed people in Britain for 100 years. LRA Lord Resistance Army in Congo/Angola is a Christian body. Hitler who killed 6 million Jews was a Catholic Christian. Mandela like Yaser Arafat who were fighting for their country's freedom they were labelled terrorist by the Western government. Bush a Christian who says he was sent by God is responsible for the death of over 1million people in Iraq and many more in Afghanistan. They are not labelled Christian terrorist or Christianist by BBC and CNN for the miopic world to know. By the great world of MEDIA terrorism you the gullible associate Islam with violence. When a Christian kills he is fighting for his right, but when he is a Muslim he his labelled. The Truth will prevail! To the believer of truth, RAMADAN KAREEM!
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by mukina2: 7:40pm On Aug 10, 2010
ishow2005:

May the experiences of this month be learned, reflected upon, and extended into the future. Ramadan Mubarak + Salam
Amin!!!! to this and all the other prayers smiley

Ramadan Kareem smiley
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by azharuddin: 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2010
Assalamuallaikum,
brothers and sisters lets try to finish reciting the whole Quran during this holy month. I ve the whole Quran as mp3 which is around 30hrs, so if we recite Quran for 1hr daily we ll be able to finish it by the end of this month. This is just an approximate calculation, some of you might be able to recite faster, some slower, but we should try. I know we all are busy with many things, BUT remember this is the month of Ramadan, the month which Quran was revealed to us. So lets all try to do our max.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by planet(m): 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ramadan, here we go! Welcome oh Ramadan ,

Ramadan Kareem to everyone!
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by mukina2: 12:33am On Aug 11, 2010
Ramadan Day 1

ALLAH, on this day make my fasts the fasts of those who fast (sincerely), and my standing up in prayer of those who stand up in prayer (obediently), awaken me in it from the sleep of the heedless, and forgive me my sins , O God of the worlds, and forgive me, O one who forgives the sinners.

Amin. smiley
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by blank(f): 12:35am On Aug 11, 2010
Amalaaba:

IRA the Catholic body have killed people in Britain for 100 years. LRA Lord Resistance Army in Congo/Angola is a Christian body. Hitler who killed 6 million Jews was a Catholic Christian. Mandela like Yaser Arafat who were fighting for their country's freedom they were labelled terrorist by the Western government. Bush a Christian who says he was sent by God is responsible for the death of over 1million people in Iraq and many more in Afghanistan. They are not labelled Christian terrorist or Christianist by BBC and CNN for the miopic world to know. By the great world of MEDIA terrorism you the gullible associate Islam with violence. When a Christian kills he is fighting for his right, but when he is a Muslim he his labelled. The Truth will prevail! To the believer of truth, RAMADAN KAREEM!

Let us forget about labels.
So because Christians killed people before, muslims should start killing? Should u not be showing a better way which is meant to be the way of peace?
Just hope this will be a peaceful month.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by debokaz(m): 6:49am On Aug 11, 2010
uhm,tomelistic,a female fanatic.I suppose you use ur brain.what is worst than believing in trinity.Do you know trinity was neva a part of the bible,it was a consensus agreed upon.Please ask questions from your pastors.Lest I forget jare,Ramadan kareem.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by Ruq: 9:04am On Aug 11, 2010
@Amalaba so it is ok to kill in the Name of Allah Like the Hausas and Arabs do? Even this religion was invented by the arabs i wish we were left we our beliefs
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by zayhal(f): 11:07am On Aug 11, 2010
tomelistic:

."[Sahih Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 31, Number 120]

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, 'All the deeds of Adam's sons (people) are for them, except fasting which is for Me, and I will give the reward for it.' Fasting is a shield or protection from the fire and from committing sins. If one of you is fasting, he should avoid sexual relation with his wife and quarreling, and if somebody should fight or quarrel with him, he should say, 'I am fasting.' By Him in Whose Hands my soul is' The unpleasant smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. There are two pleasures for the fasting person, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord; then he will be pleased because of his fasting."
[Sahih Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 31, Number 128]

lol, wat happened to someone who never had opportunity of fasting all his life until death, wen they call those that fasted to enter through d kind gate, will he stand up too or is there another gate for such person?

'if somebody should fight or quarrel with him, he should say, 'I am fasting' did allah really say that? jezzzz so other days if sombody should fight or quarell with u, finish the person afterall your nt fasting. God wat kind of unbalanced religion is this, do u guys really ask questions about some rules in your religion for Gods sake. all the best shaa. lol

The month of Ramadhan is to train the body and soul, among other things. So if a person could refrain from fighting, cursing etc for a full month, it is hoped that such person imbibes that attitude throughout the year till another holy month comes for him to recharge.

Islam is a perfect and perfected religion.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by chakula: 11:46am On Aug 11, 2010
zayhal:

The month of Ramadhan is to train the body and soul, among other things. So if a person could refrain from fighting, cursing etc for a full month, it is hoped that such person imbibes that attitude throughout the year till another holy month comes for him to recharge.

Islam is a perfect and perfected religion.

Thanks jare.

uplawal:

@javalove.theres a mixup here,remember we are fasting for Allah,while we benefit from it spiritually,physically,mentally and others
smiley how is fasting my sister?
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by seyipearl: 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2010
Ramadan! Ramadan!! Ramadan!!!

do these people really FAST
only God knows because, they wake up early to eat and also look forward to 7pm, they only skip lunch which most of us do, i mean, a student might not have time to take lunch cos of lectures, workers also don't really have time to take lunch,

only God knows those who are serving Him.

Anyways, Happy Ramadan to you all, may Allah answer your prayers and mine too, amen.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by 123jml: 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2010
seyipearl:

Ramadan! Ramadan!! Ramadan!!!

do these people really FAST
only God knows because, they wake up early to eat and also look forward to 7pm, they only skip lunch which most of us do,

Please would you shed more light from the above qoute?
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by Chongaiman: 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2010
123jml:

Please would you shed more light from the above qoute?

You know, Sahur. You eat before break of dawn so, it's like having a very early breakfast. Lunch's the only meal actually foregone.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by mybad: 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2010
"Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may attain taqwaa." [2:183]

The most honoured by Allah amongst you are those best in taqwaa."[49:13]

Besides, training the body and soul in the month of Ramadan, the Muslim also tends to show gratitude to Allah in his acts of Ibadah, in humility and in modesty.
Lowering his gaze and guarding his speech at all times.

It's not just abstaining from food or water that validates the fast, the iman that makes a Muslim observe the fast,perform all the obligatory prayers at their appointed time with all sincerity is what earns the blessings of Allah.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by zayhal(f): 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2010
mybad:

Besides, training the body and soul in the month of Ramadan, the Muslim also tends to show gratitude to Allah in his acts of Ibadah, in humility and in modesty.
Lowering his gaze and guarding his speech at all times.

It's not just abstaining from food or water that validates the fast, the iman that makes a Muslim observe the fast,perform all the obligatory prayers at their appointed time with all sincerity is what earns the blessings of Allah.

Asalam alaykum brother. Quite an age. How are you?

Ramadhan kareem.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by madprof(m): 4:06am On Aug 12, 2010
dear amalaaba,
this kind of paranoid stance you have has rather become a cliche. you are expected to comment on ramadan, not share your warped views on christian vs islamic brands of terrorism.
you guys always vent your anger on christians, but you will never see a christian killing a muslim (or anyone else) in the name of Jesus, yet muslim terrorists always murder people "in the name of allah". process that.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by azharuddin: 5:27am On Aug 12, 2010
There is reward for Suhur(meal before Fajr) and hastening in breaking the fast.

Anas (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Take meal a little before dawn, for there is a blessing in taking meal at that time.
[Muslim Book 6, Number 2412]

Sahl b. Sa'd (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The people will continue to prosper as long as they hasten the breaking of the fast.
Muslim Book 35, Number 2417
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 12, 2010
@chakular,its going on fine,Alhamdullilah
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by chakula: 9:03am On Aug 12, 2010
Thank you Have a nice day.

uplawal:

@chakular,its going on fine,Alhamdullilah
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by mybad: 10:39am On Aug 12, 2010
zayhal:

Asalam alaykum brother. Quite an age. How are you?

Ramadhan kareem.
Ramadan Kareem!
Yes its been a while, i've been around.
Heard you gave my madam's hand out recently.
Na wah oh!
How is the family and my little angels?
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by chakula: 11:26am On Aug 12, 2010
The month of Ramadaan is a precious, precious time, so much so that Allaah calls this month 'Ayyamum Ma'doodaat' (A fixed number of days). Before we know it, this month of mercy and forgiveness will be over. We should try and spend every moment possible in the worship of Allaah so that we can make the most of this blessing. However, there are some of us who waste away their day playing video games, or worse still, watching TV, movies or even listening to music. Subha an Allaah! Trying to obey Allaah by DISOBEYING him!
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by zayhal(f): 9:50pm On Aug 19, 2010
mybad:

Ramadan Kareem!
Yes its been a while, i've been around.
Heard you gave my madam's hand out recently.
Na wah oh!
How is the family and my little angels?

Come off it Mybad! Her father gave her hand out.

How are you now? Any update?

Good to hear from you again. Your little angels are fine. Another one has joined them now. Are you aware?
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 20, 2010
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by zayhal(f): 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2010
ijapa888:

Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by azharuddin: 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2010
One third of ramadan is almost over. Time is goin by real fast.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by PurestBoy(m): 2:32pm On Aug 27, 2010
[size=16pt]I PRAY THAT RAMADAN SHOULD CONTINUE FOR LIFE AND NEVER STOPS. SINCE IT'S AN HOLY MONTH FOR THE MUSLIMS, I PRAY RAMADAN NEVER ENDS MAYBE THEY CAN BE HOLY THROUGHOUT.[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Specific Dikr To Recite After Each Fardh Salah In Ramadan. / Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) / Is Islam Racist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.