Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,281 members, 7,860,649 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:45 PM

Polls Rigging: Provide Evidence To Prove Your Allegations - INEC Tells PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Polls Rigging: Provide Evidence To Prove Your Allegations - INEC Tells PDP (237 Views)

"Cure your visible ignorance": INEC tells Nigerians abusing Yakubu / Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells / Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Polls Rigging: Provide Evidence To Prove Your Allegations - INEC Tells PDP by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2019
The Chief Press Secretary to INEC chairman, Mr. Rotimi Oyekanmi, has dismissed the allegations that it was plotting to compromise the electoral guidelines to pave way for the alteration of 2019 general elections results.

The agency said this in response to an allegation by the Peoples Democratic Party that INEC chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, was under intensive pressure to drop from its guidelines the display of results at the polling units as well as the electronic transmission of polled figures to INEC server.

Oyekanmi urged the PDP to provide the evidence in its possession to prove the allegations.

“Otherwise, the PDP should cure itself of this recurring hallucination which I am sure Nigerians no longer buy.

“Certainly, INEC is not into the rigging business,’’ Oyekanmi said.

Earlier, the Peoples Democratic Party had advised the Independent National Electoral Commission to distance itself from an alleged plot to compromise the Electoral Guidelines and pave the way for the alteration of the forthcoming general elections results.

The Director, Media and Publicity, PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, Kola Ologbondiyan, gave the advice at a news conference on Wednesday in Abuja.

Ologbondiyan alleged that Nigerians were already aware that the Commission’s Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, was under pressure to drop from its guidelines the display of results at the polling units as well as the electronic transmission of polled figures to INEC server.

He said that the display of results at the polling units ensured that results posted at all levels remained those originally announced at the various polling units, while the electronic transmission to INEC server ensured that the results from the polling centres were not tampered with.

“Prof. Yakubu must not succumb to the pressure of the Buhari Presidency, because doing so will definitely set him on a collision course with Nigerians,’’ Ologbondiyan said.

https://punchng.com/polls-rigging-provide-evidence-to-prove-your-allegations-inec-tells-pdp/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Polls Rigging: Provide Evidence To Prove Your Allegations - INEC Tells PDP by Godblesspmb: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2019
PDP is a waste of time.i have never seen a useless opposition like PDP.
Instead of telling the electorate what they have done in the past and what they intend to do if given another opportunity, they are busy campaigning for buhari.
If I were APC I will just sit in my house without campaign, the foolish PDP is already campaigning for APC and Buhari

(1) (Reply)

Jubril Of Sudan: Fani-kayode Speaks On Katsina, Borno Being Under Siege / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War / Bukola Saraki Prays For Nigeria As He Completes Umrah Rites In Mecca (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.