Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha (39855 Views)

"Cure your visible ignorance": INEC tells Nigerians abusing Yakubu / Many Electron Winners Will Return INEC Certificates – Festus Ogun / Nwosu: Stop Tarnishing The Noble Image Of Gov Uzodinma - Imo APC Tells Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by 247naijamedia: 10:54am On Mar 18, 2019
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has insisted that it would not present a certificate of return to Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha.

INEC’s National Commissioner, Information and Voter Education, Mr Festus Okoye, said this during his appearance on Channels Television’s

He explained that the electoral body took the decision because the returning officer for Imo West senatorial district election that he declared Governor Okorocha as the winner “under duress”.

While declaring the resulted, the returning officer had said he was doing so under duress.

Although the governor insisted he won the elections fairly and that his victory was not declared under duress, his name was not on the list of those to be given a certificate of return and despite his protests against the decision, he wasn’t given a certificate when winners got theirs last week.

Asked whether the commission investigated the claim and confirmed that it was true, Okoye said “Yes”.

He added, “We’ve made it clear on why we didn’t present any certificate of return to him (Okorocha).

“If you look at our website, we said that the declaration and return were made under duress and that we are not going to give any certificate to any person for any individual that procured a return under duress.”

Following the incident in Imo, INEC had warned politicians, especially those seeking to be elected into public offices that it would not condone any form of electoral malpractice.

The chairman of the commission, Professor Mahmood Yakubu, who addressed a press conference on March 7, said the electoral umpire would not reward “bad behaviour” by presenting a certificate of return to anyone harassing any of their staff.

On Thursday last week, INEC presented certificates of return to those returned elected in the February 23 elections.

https://all-gists..com/2019/03/Forget-Certificate-Of-Return-INEC-Tells-Okorocha.html?m=1

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by Baawaa(m): 10:56am On Mar 18, 2019
This statement is too strong,"FORGET YOUR CERTIFICATE OF RETURN",it means you are not the winner grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

143 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by 9jahotblog: 10:57am On Mar 18, 2019
Oshiomole is still dealing with Okorochas.

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by 247naijamedia: 10:57am On Mar 18, 2019
Okorocha..

Starts Palm Wine Industry

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by positivelord: 11:00am On Mar 18, 2019
INEC acting as APC NWC...can you imagine...

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by MxreR: 11:02am On Mar 18, 2019
The election that produced Okoroawusa was fraudulent. INEC has done the right thing. INEC should fix a new date for a fresh election. Okoroawusa held the REC at gun point to announce him the winner.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by Yello1(m): 11:02am On Mar 18, 2019
So who will now represent d senatorial district now? Or would inec conduct new election, or is inec gonna declare d second position as d elected senator?... Let me not confuse myself with all dis questions jawe. Inec confusion and inconclusiveness is enough to think about let me not add my own oo.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by adekolaelect(m): 11:08am On Mar 18, 2019
positivelord:
INEC acting as APC NWC...can you imagine...
you are just running your mouth like tap water .Is okorocha not among Apc member Why do you people condole bad things ??

12 Likes

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 18, 2019
Singing In P Square's voice : " e don happen !! ". grin grin cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by freeze001(f): 11:14am On Mar 18, 2019
Good! So what is the next step? That constituency must have a representative at the Senate so they should quickly organise fresh elections if that is what needs to be done. If possible, they should disqualify Okorocha for engaging in illegal electoral activities, then order the APC to organise fresh primaries and bring up a new candidate for that office.

3 Likes

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by id911(m): 11:15am On Mar 18, 2019
adekolaelect:
you are just running your mouth like tap water .Is okorocha not among Apc member Why do you people condole bad things ??

I don't like Rochas Okorocha but in this instance, INEC has no powers to withhold his certificate of return since the same INEC has already declared him winner whether under duress or whatever name it may call it.

If INEC says Rochas didn't win, they should announce the winner of the Senatorial districts which unfortunately too, they have no power again to reverse itself. The case is now matter for the court to do justice

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by icebird25(m): 11:26am On Mar 18, 2019
*forget the certificate of return*
Gbesele o

4 Likes

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by alizma: 11:27am On Mar 18, 2019
and hold on to what kwanu?
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by jlinkd78(m): 11:58am On Mar 18, 2019
Am sure Rochas never saw this coming

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by eagleeye2: 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2019
Oha (PDP and APC) e shiere la Rochas.....
grin
I am looking for my good friend Abagworo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by seunmsg(m): 12:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
If Okorocha didn’t win the election, INEC should kindly declare a winner and let’s move on. The election was conducted peacefully without any issues and I want to believe all the results from polling units are still intact. So, what’s so difficult in announcing a winner now that the returning officer is no longer under duress?

INEC must also realize that it cannot conduct the election all over again. A return must be made for the one that was earlier conducted and whoever is aggrieved can go to court.

8 Likes

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by 247naijamedia: 1:16pm On Mar 18, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by helinues: 1:30pm On Mar 18, 2019
So what next for Mr Ibeberism?

May be to go back to his village and start farming

2 Likes

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by chriskosherbal(m): 1:42pm On Mar 18, 2019
This is my take, I am not a friend of Rocha's okorocha or support His activities but what evidence is INEC putting forward to the general public and IMO states indigenes specifically that the returning officer claimed he was under duress to declare him the winner .

Of course anybody can say that out of hatred or reason whatsoever I dont care, but my stand is manmood inec should be responsible enough to give us hard visible evidence to prove the returning officer right cos this Inec under Manmood dont seem convincing to me as a true umpire .

God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by TroubleMaker47(m): 1:45pm On Mar 18, 2019
Grand patron Iberiberism Fc grin
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by ngwababe(f): 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
Chai!
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by Oyindidi(f): 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
Hurray!!!! Happy next levu!!!!
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
The Effects of Iberiberism gringrin
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
Wooo
Re: Forget Certificate Of Return - INEC Tells Okorocha by bookworm8(m): 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
this man's political career has been crippled

learn how to make butter and start producing, with a token of 1k you will get the complete guide, don't miss this great offer.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again / List Of Lawmakers In The 7th Assembly Who Didn’t Sponsor A Single Bill / Ademola Adeleke Storms Out Of PDP Peace Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.