Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) (33407 Views)

Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate / El-Rufai Builds Kabala Costain 230m Bridge (Kaduna Urban Renewal Project) / New Images From Kaduna Urban Renewal Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by drshrewd: 9:29am On Jan 05, 2019
really commendable
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 05, 2019
GOOD ONE FROM GOVERNOR UDOM

VOTE IN BUHARI AGAIN AND WATCH HERDSMEN TAKE OVER YOUR LAND

Buhari told Nigerians that killer herdsmen are not from Nigeria, that they are from other West African Countries but Buhari wants Nigerians to surrender/donate their ancestral land to the immigrant Fulani Jihadist herdsmen for peace to reign.
Buhari is behind major terrorism against Christians going on in this country

No single Fulani herdsmen was prosecuted for all the killings they carried out and still carrying out
Buhari refused to arrest Miyetti Allah rather the defence minister supported the killer herdsmen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0CeMHeoejw

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by kereman1: 9:31am On Jan 05, 2019
Our own beautiful city eket, wish I was posted to serve there rather nysc gv me d neighbouring lga "onna".

Tchewwww
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by slimfit1(m): 9:32am On Jan 05, 2019
A very poor initiative from an oil-producing state.

4 Likes

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 9:35am On Jan 05, 2019
kereman1:
Our own beautiful city eket, wish I was posted to serve there rather nysc gv me d neighbouring lga "onna".

Tchewwww

Onna is vast becoming an industrial hub in its own right. There should be enough places for primary assignment. Check this thread out it might help you.

https://www.nairaland.com/4931692/onna-industrial-corridor-budding-new
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by PROPHETmichael: 9:36am On Jan 05, 2019
It seems Akwa Ibom is the only state that project is spread to local government Area and this LG can be mistaken for state capital.

3 Likes

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by slimfit1(m): 9:36am On Jan 05, 2019
YorubaMuslims:
GOOD OF FROM THIS GOVERNOR

VOTE IN BUHARI AGAIN AND WATCH HERDSMEN TAKE OVER YOUR LAND

Buhari told Nigerians that killer herdsmen are not from Nigeria, that they are from other West African Countries but Buhari wants Nigerians to surrender/donate their ancestral land to the immigrant Fulani Jihadist herdsmen for peace to reign.
Buhari is behind major terrorism against Christians going on in this country

No single Fulani herdsmen were prosecuted for all the killings they carried out and still carrying out
Buhari refused to arrest Miyetti Allah rather the defence minister supported the killer herdsmen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0CeMHeoejw

That was how Palestine claimed Jerusalem years ago before the Israelis took it back
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by kizolo(m): 9:38am On Jan 05, 2019
Don’t be deceived, all perceived construction in Eket are slower than a snail. The town is stilll in disarray.

3 Likes

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by PROPHETmichael: 9:38am On Jan 05, 2019
Atouke:

Onna is vast becoming an industrial hub in its own right. There should be enough places for primary assignment. Check this thread out it might help you.

https://www.nairaland.com/4931692/onna-industrial-corridor-budding-new

I heard Ibeno is the major reason the state is number one oil producing, so what development is going on there?

1 Like

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 05, 2019
LordSaints:
It's not a wow but it's manageable undecided

Show us your village in osun state...

learn to appreciate good things...

akwaibom will overtake Lagos soon..

2 Likes

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 9:41am On Jan 05, 2019
kizolo:
Don’t be deceived, all perceived construction in Eket are slower than a snail. The town is stilll in disarray.

Am glad you didn't say these is not happening. If this is happening under recession and bad economy, what do you think udom will do if a bussiness savvy President like Atiku and obi come on board, udom will do 100 times better.

1 Like

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 9:43am On Jan 05, 2019
thunderfirebuha:

Abeg stop the useless comparison Akwa ibom is Akwa ibom and lagos is lagos two different places with different challenges.

1 Like

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 9:46am On Jan 05, 2019
PROPHETmichael:

I heard Ibeno is the major reason the state is number one oil producing, so what development is going on there?
Ibeno, eket, esit eket, Onna LGAs use to be one LGA called Eket. Untill the men in uniform started Splitting LGAs.

Eket is still the main metro area of these place.
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Freeman147(m): 9:47am On Jan 05, 2019
How many of those market women would be able to afford 1 sqm of that mall space? I could see a Chinese restaurant in the model presentation of the mall. How many of those working class, indigent folks would all these misplaced projects benefit.?

All conduits, if you know, you know.!

Another 17000 seated stadium? How may 'professional' teams does Akwa ibom possess? Lagos is still under utilizing its National Stadium even as the former Capital of Nigeria, and most Populous State.

No Mega Hospitals for the masses? Mega Schools, Affordable housing using out-of-the-box techniques?

Ha!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by rozayx5(m): 9:48am On Jan 05, 2019
thunderfirebuha:

grin grin grin grin grin

eket really needed a facelift
btu udom has been slow

2 Likes

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Freeman147(m): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2019
Those Roundabouts are normal things, so think before you misquote.

Have understanding, Human Capital Development is key.

Both APC & PDP are guilty, so don't use your political bias to respond.

Only mature reply would be entertained.

3 Likes

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 9:54am On Jan 05, 2019
Freeman147:
How many of those market women would be able to afford 1 sqm of that mall space? I could see a Chinese restaurant in the model presentation of the mall. How many of those working class, indigent folks would all these misplaced projects benefit.?

All conduits, if you know, you know.!

Another 17000 seated stadium? How may 'professional' teams does Akwa ibom possess? Lagos is still under utilizing its National Stadium even as the former Capital of Nigeria, and most Populous State.

No Mega Hospitals for the masses? Mega Schools, Affordable housing using out-of-the-box techniques?

Ha!!!
Actually the Yiwu internatioan trade city project is in partnerships with the Chinese PPP, AKS state govt and the Eket LGA. Accomodation of the local traders is part of the deal. They are all part of the plan.

Akwa ibom state aims to have a standard stadia in each of its 3 senatorial districts. And a sport centre in 10 secondary schools in the 10 state federal constituencies to boost sports development.
Some of these are already commisioned while others are ongoing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by harriet412(f): 9:58am On Jan 05, 2019
I don't give a flying fvck, the most important things have been neglected.. and is that the only LG in the whole state

2 Likes

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by 2sexycom(m): 9:58am On Jan 05, 2019
to be honest, Udom is far behind in terms of what Akpabio did in his first 4 years. This was exactly my worry when Akpabio was there; who will take over from him and do twice or as much has he did.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Mosminic(m): 10:02am On Jan 05, 2019
Am I the only one? The market and stadium look like abandoned projects. Shouldn't there be manual workers with equipments but the number of Cars and people kind off infer that they were there for a recreational activity. Also the market, the metal bars look really corroded already and is that not someone sleeping on the bars?

1 Like

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 05, 2019
slimfit1:

That was how Palestine claimed Jerusalem years ago before the Israelis took it back

YOU REASON LIKE PROPHET MUHAMMED THE PIG PROPHET

ARE FULANIS TRYING TO RECOVER THEIR LAND FROM MIDDLE BELT NIGERIA?
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by mechanics(m): 10:07am On Jan 05, 2019
Xander85:
Anything more besides this roundabout?
Just mere propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by mangojuice(m): 10:08am On Jan 05, 2019
Ogaga87:
Sometimes I wonder if they are the only oil producing state in naija.. My own State is not as juicy as this state in terms of infrastructural development... But thanks to my sitting governor who is gradually changing things..

Nice work Udom
Delta State could have done better if not for sever corruption and acute ethnicity. Asaba vs warri saga comes to mind
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Shikini: 10:08am On Jan 05, 2019
Atouke:
Eket will become most beautiful city in Akwa ibom soon.k

Udom is working

2 Likes

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Shikini: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2019
Atouke:
Eket will become most beautiful city in Akwa ibom soon.k
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2019
2sexycom:
to be honest, Udom is far behind in terms of what Akpabio did in his first 4 years. This was exactly my worry when Akpabio was there; who will take over from him and do twice or as much has he did.

How many industries did Akpabio build in 8yrs?
How many jobs did Akpabio create in 8yrs?
Udom had built 15 functional manufacturing ventures in 3.5yrs with attendant jobs.

Akpabio did well with infrastructures. Udom is building on the foundation that Akpabio started.
Govt. Is a continuum. Lean to give credit where it is due.

If udom had the kind of money Akpabio had in his first 4 yrs the whole akwa ibo. Will have been dubai by now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by virginchaser(m): 10:12am On Jan 05, 2019
The small town is quiet with sooth free air, good hotel � services and unarguable a place to rewind but it has low guest traffic. My opinion the governor ought to have completed several near completion project of past admininstrator before embarking on new ones. Ikot Ekpene roads and the 3 stars hotel need urgent attention.
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by PROPHETmichael: 10:14am On Jan 05, 2019
Atouke:

Ibeno, eket, esit eket, Onna LGAs use to be one LGA called Eket. Untill the men in uniform started Splitting LGAs.

Eket is still the main metro area of these place.

I did my NYSC in Eket and from what I learned, Ibeno used to be called Uquo Ibeno and was under Eket but due to constant war (as per who is the rightful owner of the oil), the men in uniform had to separate them. Brigadier general UJ Esuene died in that war in 1993 after using his influence in the Nigerian Army to mobilise men of the Nigerian Army in conjunction with Eket, Esit Eket and Onna to attack Ibeno who also had Eastern Obolo, Andoni on their side. UJ Esuene and his boys met with superior powers from the waters that Ibeno people acquired (A lady with one eye, one leg, one breast etc). It was not long after that war that Ibeno gained their freedom.

I also notice that despite being the number one oil producing local government in the state, Ibeno hardly get any meaningful development other than renovation of primary schools etc and this trend is still on going (from your other post https://www.nairaland.com/4941036/gov.udom-release-3.5yrsreport-card-projects)

Now my question is, why is this so? Considering the fact that the face of Onna and Eket has received a major boost from Udom (most especially Onna where the governor is from).
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 10:14am On Jan 05, 2019
Mosminic:
Am I the only one? The market and stadium look like abandoned projects. Shouldn't there be manual workers with equipments but the number of Cars and people kind off infer that they were there for a recreational activity. Also the market, the metal bars look really corroded already and is that not someone sleeping on the bars?

You think this is a local project. Google Yiwu international trade city project and you will be proud that this project has arrived Nigeria. This is going to be probably the largest trade investment in Nigeria .

If Udom was the boasting type of governor. This project would be trumpeted every second because its bigtime.

1 Like

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by EbiJUNIRO(m): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2019
O ye Southern Ijaw! The oil of WEST AFRICA! Who at Thou to uncover your beauty in Bayelsa State
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Buffalowings3(m): 10:22am On Jan 05, 2019
Nice ....
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1,000 Vehicles Trapped In Kaduna As Youths Barricade Road - Photos / Bus Plunges 220ft Into China River After Passenger-Driver Fight, Killing All 15 / 6 Die In Fatal Accident In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.