Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,758 members, 7,840,949 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra (41126 Views)

Wike Orders Prosecution Of Amaechi, Cole Over Alleged Sale Of Assets / Twitter Ban: Malami Orders Prosecution Of Offenders / Breaking News: ICPC Seals Shehu Dikko’s Residence Over NFF Corruption Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by Arysexy(m): 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
bayulll011:

U re d one getting it wrong.
Kano assembly was investigating hin,Gandollar went to get injection to stop him being investigated,prosecuted and as such got the retraining order.

If u re angry at anything,be angry with those that formulate those laws,its a sorry state cos the law only favor d rich in this country

Which kind of injection did Gandollar get Zombiecyn or Zombiephosphate?
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by segunaremu6gma: 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
quality suits from turkey...shipped to your location....
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by sensisosu: 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2019
I thought efcc is an independent organization.. why do they have to get orders from the president to prosecute or investigate?

1 Like

Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by bayulll011(m): 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2019
Arysexy:

Which kind of injection did Gandollar get Zombiecyn or Zombiephosphate?

If u re wise u will know that's injunction.

Kids everywhere
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by openmine(m): 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2019
sensisosu:
I thought efcc is an independent organization.. why do they have to get orders from the president to prosecute or investigate?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by NinjaMetahuman: 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2019
PointZerom:

Why can't you give such order against Babachir Lawal?
this type of comment is what made me agree with burna boy..

so because babachir is bad, we should not do something about pinnick>.

i'm sharing country with mad people.
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by Charly68: 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2019
Anybody can cry fowl let those in charge do their work diligently, no room for recklessness in the country again ..

1 Like

Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by omohayek: 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2019
All this report shows is that Nigeria completely lacks any semblance of judicial independence. It should not be in the power of the President - any President, not just Buhari - to "order" a branch of the government to prosecute (or refrain from prosecuting) anybody whatsoever. There is a manifest conflict of interest there which any properly functioning system of governance will bend over backwards to avoid.

The violation of this very principle of keeping the legal system at arm's length from the presidency is why US President Richard Nixon had to resign from office before being impeached (after the Saturday Night Massacre when he tried to stop the Watergate investigation), it is the reason why former Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from anything to do with investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election, and it is the exact same reason why US Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed Robert Mueller as Special Counsel to investigate Trump - the sitting President of the United States - for obstruction of justice after Trump fired FBI chief Jim Comey. None of this would have been possible in a banana republic like Nigeria, where it's up to the President to decide who gets prioritized for investigation and who doesn't.

While I'm not singling out Buhari for blame here - the structural issues at work were already in place well before he came to office - what I do blame him for (as well as those who criticize him) is his inability to see that the problem with corruption of justice in Nigeria is a systemic one: it's not enough for Buhari's haters to claim he is the devil while GEJ was (allegedly) a Nigerian Nelson Mandela if they can't see that the problem is his having any discretion or influence over the legal process at all. Similarly, no number of prosecutions or EFCC investigations under Buhari will ever make a difference in the long run if the decision to investigate and/or prosecute remains so highly politicized. The only lesson the investigated and prosecuted will learn under such a system is that they better make sure not to lose any future elections, even if that requires massive rigging and voter intimidation.

In short, all of you who have responded to this story so far have missed the wood for the trees: an even bigger scandal than that involving the NFF is how a President has any say at all in the legal process around the purported fraud.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2019
what of gandollar?
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by omohayek: 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2019
sensisosu:
Thank you! You're the only other person who has seen the real problem here, which is that the "independence" of the EFCC is a joke.

5 Likes

Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by Reference(m): 3:11pm On Jan 05, 2019
Good administrator but just cannot defend himself against the disease ravaging Nigeria for generations, corruption. This is the story of Nigeria. A system, a country that consumes its citizens and spoils the best of her fruits. Only restructuring can truly change this sad narrative.
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by docadams: 3:13pm On Jan 05, 2019
texazzpete:
Explains the desperation to become NFF president so all sins remain buried.

Don't mind him. After getting presidential support to remain as NFA chairman, he wants to be an emperor in PMB republic.
Hope FIFA non interference rule does not cover
cases of corruption.
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by CashcraftFraud: 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2019
supportnija:
In our blothers voice," because is fiom south south".
This is the most shallow, myopic and ethnocentric post here. It simply prove how ethnocetism is deeply entrenched in some peoples' heart. Beware, there is no tribalism in the grave.
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by VictorRomanov: 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2019
ubongga:

even u 2 pinnick

Did you read the article. No where was he indicted. Investigation is still ongoing to indict him. His name was not mentioned as one of those charged to court. I just have a feeling this is done to remove him and install the minister's man, Chris Giwa.
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:

he who comes to equity must come with clean hands.. apparntly your cinc hands are dirty...you are the one who looks ignorant like burnaboy said. the person you quoted wasnt saying picnik should not be investigated. he is asking why does the president decide to prosecute whoever he feels like prosecuting and leave others especially people from the north which makes it very tribalistic in nature even if its not his intention?
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2019
Mowoe:
Nice one from Bubu and EFCC if this is correct. But Bubu, I'm sorry to bother you at a time like this; Gandollar nkor, when are you going to give orders his prosecution?

Beautiful! Are you saying that if Buhari is re-elected President and Gandollar loses his re-election, Bubu would order his arrest and prosecution? Because that's seemingly unlikely to happen
somebody has helped you out of your ignorance and you are still asking him what will happen in future. Will the marry wife for you and still impregnate her for you?
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by Reference(m): 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2019
theoldpretender:

Hopefully they can't, but if FIFA thinks it is government interference, a ban might be likely

There is no interference in criminal matters. And this particular FIFA has less tolerance for corruption than its predecessor. The Deputy Sec. Gen. will simply take charge and the administration continues. Interference means the whole organisation been outlawed by the host country's government. This is not the case.
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by Ijaya123: 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2019
Mowoe:
Nice one from Bubu and EFCC if this is correct. But Bubu, I'm sorry to bother you at a time like this; Gandollar nkor, when are you going to give orders his prosecution?

Beautiful! Are you saying that if Buhari is re-elected President and Gandollar loses his re-election, Bubu would order his arrest and prosecution? Because that's seemingly unlikely to happen

This is mere speculations. Till it happens...
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by Pilot4Airbus(m): 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
WaffenSS:

Looking for 1060 6Gb.

Only have 1050
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by Otunski: 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2019
As far is a Southerner, Buhari will be very active in the allegation. But his Northern brothers are looting the country dry on daily basis nothing has been done to any of them. The DG of NHIS was alleged to have embezzled public funds , prompting his suspension by the minister of health, the same Buhari ordered for his reinstatement. Keep dividing the country under the guise of fighting corruption. Is just a matter of time, this soon shall come to pass.
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by PointZerom: 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:

You're the same with those you share country with.
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by joshyaks2(m): 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2019
Is Giwa ready to take over?
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by semyman: 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
ASUU has been hired to destroy the public universities in Nigeria and see to the growth of the private and foreign universities
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by Mowoe(m): 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2019
silastemplar:
somebody has helped you out of your ignorance and you are still asking him what will happen in future. Will the marry wife for you and still impregnate her for you?
Thank you very much sir; I can see how well informed and educated you are. Since you could not figure out the reason I asked the question, please do well to never slide your informed self into my MT ever again. Have a nice day Sir.
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by slowice(m): 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2019
Nice one but seriously Nigeria is a joke.. No wonder criminals affiliated with apc re walking free. Efcc is not independent
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by primedream(m): 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2019
What's the name of the NHIS boss. That Buhari brother wey chop billions.. What a joke of a Useless president.
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by timota(m): 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2019
qualityovenbake:
They just want to dethrone Pinnick by force.
They cannot, pinnick is far ahead of them,he is corrupt cos he is not a northern moslem but if they try rubbish FIFA will ban Nigeria for like ten years, Buhari will be playing with the wrong guy.

1 Like

Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by docadams: 3:46pm On Jan 05, 2019
Grundig:
Amaju Pinnick should've just focused on the CAF job which is loftier than the NFF's. Now, the sports minister who clearly doesn't like him and Giwa are about to have the last laugh.

Anyways, FIFA won't hesitate to slam Nigeria with sanctions should there be govt interference

Even on matters of corruption? The U.S FBI investigated, arrested and successfully prosecuted many national,regional and FIFA officials on 2015 on account of fraud
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_FIFA_corruption_case
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by lexy2014: 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2019
Mowoe:

Gandollar doesn't need prosecution at this time cos of immunity but immunity doesn't stop EFCC from investigating him. In d NFF story, u will c that it is on d basis of investigation carried out that pinnick is going 2b prosecuted. 4 gandollar, EFCC will just behave like they don't no what's going on
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by Olawalesmarter(m): 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2019
I Wonder why Igbos always bring tribalism into Every thing, They always cry fowl when their tribeman is being punish or prosecute for something he is guilty off, Why can't you direct all the hate on your tribeman that's part of this country problem and leave Buhari and his Northmen alone to face their own problem ? Must you bring tribalism into everything? It is not like he is falsely accuse, That's how they will finish Biafra Oil Money and Treasury Goodluck thief his own and his Wife too
Re: Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra by NinjaMetahuman: 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2019
PointZerom:

You're the same with those you share country with.
im not mad eniough to be asking why they are not prosecuting because one thief is yet to be prosecuted.

only insane people do that...

people with retrogressive thinking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS / Scores Of Boko Haram Insurgents Killed At Sambisa / Buhari: 1966 Coup, Counter-Coup, I Was All In It, Says PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.