Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads (7613 Views)

#endsars Protests: Lagos Will Need N1trn For Reconstruction — Gbajabiamila / Enugu Govt Awards Contracts For Projects Worth Over N3.2 Billion / Ugwuanyi Awards Contracts For Multiple Road Projects In Igbo-eze North, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by akelicious(m): 5:51am On Jan 06, 2019
Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki has awarded contracts for the reconstruction and rehabilitation of 140 roads in different parts of the state.

Obaseki named Agho Streets (First and Second) and Erumwunse Street in Ekehuan axis of Benin City, among the road contracts recently awarded, noting that work would commence before the end of January as contracts for their repairs have been awarded.

He disclosed this during a visit to Ward 3, in Oredo Local Government Area, where he campaigned for candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) contesting for seats in the Senate, House of Representatives and State House of Assembly.

He said, “We have awarded the reconstruction of roads in this area. Contractors will soon start work on Erumwunse Street. Also, first and second Agho streets have been awarded and the contractor is set to start work.”

He recalled that the state government classified reconstruction work on roads across the state into 9-axis, with the scope of work to be carried out to include, site clearance/earthworks, scarification of failed sections, filling with hardcore (designated sections), and filling of sub-base with lateritic materials.

According to him, other aspects include laying of stone base as base course, provision of rigid concrete pavement and asphaltic wearing course.”

The reconstruction work in Ekehuan/Siluko/Ugbowo I axis covers a 2.085km-road network, which includes Eheneden Street, Off Ekehuan Road; Agho Street Off Ekehuan Road, 2nd Agho Street, off Ekehuan Road, Erumwunse Street off Ekehuan Road, Aibalegbe Street, Isiohor Benin-Lagos Expressway and Jemide Drive, off Goodwill, off Ekehuan Road.”

In Edo Central, reconstruction of road is being carried out on 8.8452km of roads, which include Esan Central Secretariat-Ivue Road; Ubiaja Angle 90 – Ahia Roundabout; Uwalor Road, Uromi, Palace Road Ewohimi, among others.

In Edo North, reconstruction work is ongoing on 20.066km road network, which includes complete overlay, sectional overlay and spot improvement/sectional overlay and the reconstruction of Iddo-Okpella Road, Jattu-Iyuku Road, Mission Road, Agenebode, Ozalla-Sabongida Road, Secretariat Road, Igarra, among others.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/01/obaseki-awards-contracts-for.html

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by sagitariusbaby(m): 6:23am On Jan 06, 2019
Obaseki is a working governor, I will cast my vote for him any time any day. But I can't vote for any other APC candidate, never. PDP is the sure way to go, Atikulated mind

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Goldrings: 6:34am On Jan 06, 2019
But just for Buhari to make 200 naira to 1 dollar the way he saw it.. is hard for him

Didn't his mother tell him that when you scata sth.. you arrange it back

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by IMASTEX: 6:35am On Jan 06, 2019
Nice one. The wake & see governor. I believe he would have still do better than he is doing now. If his immediate predecessor left him with funds. But this guy can't talk now, because his oga is from the same party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by gaby(m): 6:38am On Jan 06, 2019
A very hard working, visionary and organised governor.

Different from the usual political Governors.

A consummate technocrat and administrator he is...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Niccoloimhotep: 6:38am On Jan 06, 2019
Nice one from him.

Edo Amaka

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Lexusgs430: 6:42am On Jan 06, 2019
When would we stop construction & reconstruction of roads in Nigeria?

At this stage, we should just be having regular road network maintenance..............

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by IMASTEX: 6:44am On Jan 06, 2019
gaby:
A very hard working, visionary and organised governor.

Different from the usual political Governors.

A consummate technocrat and administrator he is...
Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by rexlims(m): 6:45am On Jan 06, 2019
He mentioned I don't see any roads from the esan west axis, or are there no bad roads there. Selective govt.
Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by MVLOX(m): 6:46am On Jan 06, 2019
Lexusgs430:

At this stage, we should just be having regular road network maintenance..............
This is the point... the main point

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by iceberryose(m): 6:46am On Jan 06, 2019
This man doesn't think like an average Nigerian politician

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 06, 2019
rexlims:
He mentioned I don't see any roads from the esan west axis, or are there no bad roads there. Selective govt.
undecided

Do you have any idea how many esan roads he awarded last year?

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by egopersonified(f): 6:52am On Jan 06, 2019
At last, my prayers would be answered. Thank you Obaseki.
Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 06, 2019
rexlims:
I guess esan is Edo north.

In Edo Central, reconstruction of road is being carried out on 8.8452km of roads, which include Esan Central Secretariat-Ivue Road; Ubiaja Angle 90 – Ahia Roundabout; Uwalor Road, Uromi, Palace Road Ewohimi, among others.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:54am On Jan 06, 2019
Good Governance......

Very Commendable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 06, 2019
sagitariusbaby:
Obaseki is a working governor, I will cast my vote for him any time any day. But I can't vote for any other APC candidate, never. PDP is the sure way to go, Atikulated mind
naso

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by silasely(m): 6:55am On Jan 06, 2019
How I wish my state gvmt tink like this man....am not from Edo state but I work in Edo state I can feel d impact of the gvnor not like buhari who doesn't know how to read or listen to anyone....no be me talk oooo am using amechi voice........

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 06, 2019
IMASTEX:
Nice one. The wake & see governor. I believe he would have still do better than he is doing now. If his immediate predecessor left him with funds. But this guy can't talk now, because his oga is from the same party.
you are right, one of the reason I want atiku to win to see the dwarf in jail.

If Edo have oil like akwa ibom, delta or Bayelsa it would have been better

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Lexusgs430: 6:56am On Jan 06, 2019
MVLOX:

This is the point... the main point

I just tire for Nigeria........ Is it Nigeria that is cursed or the political cursed?.......
Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 06, 2019
silasely:
How I wish my state gvmt tink like this man....am not from Edo state but I work in Edo state I can feel d impact of the gvnor not like buhari who doesn't know how to read or listen to anyone....no be me talk oooo am using amechi voice........
what's your state?
Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Lexusgs430: 6:58am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
you are right, one of the reason I want atiku to win to see the dwarf in jail.

If Edo have oil like akwa ibom, delta or Bayelsa it would have been better

Now let me ask you a reverse question..... Is Akwa ibom, delta or bayelsa, any better?.....

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 06, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Now let me ask you a reverse question..... Is Akwa ibom, delta or bayelsa, any better?.....
akwa ibom and delta are more beautiful than Edo state, I heard delta and Bayelsa can't still pay salaries but Edo state have been paying 24,000# since years back.

Good governance is better than resources, take Rwanda as example

9 Likes

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Lexusgs430: 7:02am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
akwa ibom and delta are more beautiful than Edo state, I heard delta and Bayelsa can't still pay salaries but Edo state have been paying 24,000# since years back.

Good governance is better than resources, take Rwanda as example

Of what use is good governance, if they don't know how to adequately manage resources + wealth creation?...
Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 06, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Of what use is good governance, if they don't know how to adequately manage resources + wealth creation?...
that's what I'm saying

Akwa ibom, delta, Bayelsa,, river state all make thrice more money than Edo state but there leaders don't know how to manage it and use it for good governance.

Edo state on the other hand is diversifying, looking for ways to make more money and generate higher revenue.

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Lexusgs430: 7:10am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
that's what I'm saying

Akwa ibom, delta, Bayelsa,, river state all make thrice more money than Edo state but there leaders don't know how to manage it and use it for good governance.

Edo state on the other hand is diversifying, looking for ways to make more money and generate higher revenue.

Did Osho diversify? Has Edo diversified? Has an edodefender, I believe you reside in Edo........

Considering all our years under democratic dispensation, would you score Edo highly?
Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 06, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Are you serious...construction and reconstruction of roads is a project carried out worldwide...even as we speak new roads are being constructed in the US and older ones reconstructed
Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 06, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Did Osho diversify? Has Edo diversified? Has an edodefender, I believe you reside in Edo........

Considering all our years under democratic dispensation, would you score Edo highly?
to be honest lucky igbnedion did poorly, any body could have beaten him in development.

Oshiomole only renovate some roads,schools and co other than that, he failed woefully.

The biggest oshiomole achievement was bringing obaseki in.

I rate Edo state high more than any other state in development now.

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Lexusgs430: 7:14am On Jan 06, 2019
simonjo:

Are you serious...construction and reconstruction of roads is a project carried out worldwide...even as we speak new roads are being constructed in the US and older ones reconstructed

Oga, pls let's not use semantics to confuse my position....
Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by Lexusgs430: 7:17am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
to be honest lucky igbnedion did poorly, any body could have beaten him in development.

Oshiomole only renovate some roads,schools and co other than that, he failed woefully.

The biggest oshiomole achievement was bringing obaseki in.

I rate Edo state high more than any other state in development now.

So we are back full circle...... And what happened to Lucky and Osho? So our problem is multi faceted, let's hope Obaseki means well. In 8 years we shall know....
Re: Obaseki Awards Contracts For Reconstruction Of 140 Roads by AleAirHub(m): 7:19am On Jan 06, 2019
This Governor got my vote as an EDO man. kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidential Amnesty Administrator, Otuaro Pays Courtesy Visit To COAS, Lagbaja / PDP Behind Boko-Haram, Killings In Borno - State Govt. / U.S-Maryland, Opens Lagos Office For Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.