Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,589 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) (62217 Views)

Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video) / Lake Rice Sold At N12,000 Per Bag In Lagos (Photos) / BREAKING: The Old Panteka Market In Kaduna Has Been Gutted By Fire (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Mbenny(m): 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2019
matrix199:
Creativity with Risk.

Good initiative, bad concept.

Safety consideration is zero. It's not safe enough to use at home.
why did you say it's not safe to use at home? it is very safe to use at home just like any other plastic electric kettles or juk. i am an electrical and electronics engineer and i also have one that i constructed and using at home without any problem, also my friend here in kaduna at ungwan Sunday market is also producing similar type and people that bought it have not complain. the plastic is durable and can withstand the heat and it is economical and good for large family. here is the plastic kettle or juk

1 Like

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by BrokenCock: 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
DON'T EVER USE THIS IN YOUR HOUSE. Use the outside socket, at the backyard
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by wirinet(m): 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
Mbenny:
why did you say it's not safe to use at home? it is very safe to use at home just like any other plastic electric kettles or juk. i am an electrical and electronics engineer and i also have one that i constructed and using at home without any problem, also my friend here in kaduna at ungwan Sunday market is also producing similar type and people that bought it have not complain. the plastic is durable and can withstand the heat and it is economical and good for large family. here is the plastic kettle or juk

The plastic kettle has lots of safety features, first it has a thermostat that switches off the current once the water starts to boil, the kettle will not allow current past through if there is no water and the plastic used to make the kettle is flame and heat resistant plastic.

In comparison, the heater in paint bucket contraption has no thermostat and the plastic is highly flammable.

The paint bucket has no insulation whatsoever, it will take a very long time (and power) to bring 20 litres of water to boil. Besides, why would anyone want to boil 20 litres of water?

4 Likes

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by laughitall(m): 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2019
jefff455:
what have you done in your life illiterate
#literate how has your literacy help your community � monkey
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by abdulazeez1002(m): 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2019
meanwhile flats heads are ruining Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Lexusgs430: 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
coollexy:

I remember searching the whole country for Teflon materials needed for my project. someone directed me from lagos to that market and to my amazement I got it there. the most amazing thing was it was even sold as scrap. anything can be found in that market

Memories....... The best scrapyard in the North......

1 Like

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by suco01(m): 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
Toosure70:
rubbish, no thermostat (auto off). This can burn down house.

Thank you. No Auto off when reached a certain degree and this small ring element to heatup a 25litre water. Its innovative but too risky. Its a NO NO for me
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by segunbjay: 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
What is the safety precaution. Not approved
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Lexusgs430: 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2019
Awoleesu:

Exactly my concerns!

Survival drives vs Safety standards...

What is SON doing to test all this inventions? In a previous life I worked at a test center during holidays, you would not believe the amount of automation in testing........
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by suco01(m): 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
Mbenny:

U are not a competent and tecnically inclined in ur field if not u wont say this is safe and compare it to the electric jug u post.

1 Like

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by suco01(m): 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2019
wirinet:

The plastic kettle has lots of safety features, first it has a thermostat that switches off the current once the water starts to boil, the kettle will not allow current past through if there is no water and the plastic used to make the kettle is flame and heat resistant plastic.

In comparison, the heater in paint bucket contraption has no thermostat and the plastic is highly flammable.

The paint bucket has no insulation whatsoever, it will take a very long time (and power) to bring 20 litres of water to boil. Besides, why would anyone want to boil 20 litres of water?

u nailed the whole point.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 06, 2019
martowskin1:

Which one have u done.... Instead of u to appreciate the move u use ur dry hand to type rubbish

Continue appreciating stupid shīt until you get burnt

1 Like

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Mbenny(m): 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2019
suco01:

U are not a competent and tecnically inclined in ur field if not u wont say this is safe and compare it to the electric jug u post.
u said i am not competent in my filed. can you tell me what makes you feel the foreign made is better
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by mfm04622: 10:44pm On Jan 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Why should you sleep when you know you are boiling water?. If you want take a nap as result of exhaustion kindly off your electrical appliance.We learn from people's experience and would not want to repeat itself.

You talk as if you are not human! Can any human really control sleep? Or even if awake forget the boiling water?
Do you know why electric kettle now have automatic switch that switches off the kettle after the water get to boiling temperature? It is to prevent fires like these. Why should we support something that takes us backwards? Lol!!!

2 Likes

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by chuksey1(m): 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2019
this should not be an invention we should be celebrating at this age. when we dont have constant electricity. in advanced countries you have hot and cold water running from the taps in the house 247
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2019
mfm04622:

You talk as if you are not human! Can any human really control sleep? Or even if awake forget the boiling water?
Do you know why electric kettle now have automatic switch that switches off the kettle after the water get to boiling temperature? It is to prevent fires like these. Why should we support something that takes us backwards? Lol!!!
The electric kettle you opined was made by people who started from the scratch. People patronized their inferior product before it became a finished product. Yes I am human and am bound to make mistake but I can't continue to repeat the same mistake or refusing learn from others because am human . If we don't learn to consume our products and encourage our brothers to improve as they did in China,we will remain were we are. It was encouragement and support that made Nigeria cable wire to be superior and be best in the world .
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Buffalowings3(m): 11:07pm On Jan 06, 2019
martowskin1:

U sound just like ur name, buffalo wing like u

It is fried chicken. undecided
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by suco01(m): 11:11pm On Jan 06, 2019
Mbenny:
u said i am not competent in my filed. can you tell me what makes you feel the foreign made is better

lack of thermostat that can regulate heater, the bucket is not a thermoplastic material unlike the electric jug, No boiling point auto level switch to cut off means, The boiling ring element is designed to a specific usage not for a 25litre bucket considering minutes/hour before reaching boiling point without a thermostat (over working). Mistakenly Electric jug without any water in it once power restored it will cut off cos of thermostat auto switch but with this element ring, it will burn, burn the plastic and cause much damage. I hope this will help

1 Like

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by mfm04622: 11:11pm On Jan 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

The electric kettle you opined was made by people who started from the scratch. People patronized their inferior product before it became a finished product. Yes I am human and am bound to make mistake but I can't continue to repeat the same mistake or refusing learn from others because am human . If we don't learn to consume our products and encourage our brothers to improve as they did in China,we will remain were we are. It was encouragement and support that made Nigeria cable wire to be superior and be best in the world .

Have you heard of the saying "Don't re-invent the wheel?" It mean start from where others have stopped, don't go and start from scratch again. That is what is progress! When fire incidences start now, you won't blame it on the "progress" this gave them

1 Like

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by mfm04622: 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Well, go and read up why the electric kettle with automatic switch was invested in the first place! It will show why you shouldn't support this nonsense
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by suco01(m): 11:15pm On Jan 06, 2019
mfm04622:

Well, go and read up why the electric kettle with automatic switch was invested in the first place! It will show why you shouldn't support this nonsense

I dont know y it is hard for them to understand.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by martowskin1(m): 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Continue appreciating stupid shīt until you get burnt

Nigeria and social media youth..... U will be here typing trash on NL, the young fellow will develop his product to a better grade...

U will still condemn him..... And he will go back and upgrade....

One day u and ur house hold will start looking for his product to buy......
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by chikago1: 11:21pm On Jan 06, 2019
Fire hazard loading.but creative nonetheless.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Mbenny(m): 11:23pm On Jan 06, 2019
wirinet:

on the aspect of thermostat i agreed with you because the one i am using at home has a thermostat also the one my friend is selling also have thermostat incorporated in it that was why people that bought the product from him have no issue so far. I don't agree with you saying that the paint bucket has no insulation. do you know the meaning of an insulator? i don't think you know cause you wouldn't be differentiating both plastics in terms of insulation. also you made mentioned of the kettle not allowing current to pass through when there is no water, that is a big lie. because when there is no water in the kettle current still flow and the kettle can melt as aresult of that, infact it is the major cause of problem in electric kettle that i have been repairing for people. lack of water makes the seal and thermostat burn. my friend, when you need boild water you don't need to make it upto 20liters but you can just put small quantity you need to boil faster. both foreign made plastic kettle and locally plastic bucket boilers are both insulators and can melt when subjected to high temperature without water and thermostat in place.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by ss1930(m): 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2019
Pls the creativity will lead to death of millions if it's not properly done. Imagine that it still has a iron handle. What if there is a spark somewhere?

BruncleZuma:
Water heater and 20gallon paint bucket...I give them a plus for creativity and for recycling.

Safety not so much.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Mbenny(m): 11:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
suco01:

lack of thermostat that can regulate heater, the bucket is not a thermoplastic material unlike the electric jug, No boiling point auto level switch to cut off means, The boiling ring element is designed to a specific usage not for a 25litre bucket considering minutes/hour before reaching boiling point without a thermostat (over working). Mistakenly Electric jug without any water in it once power restored it will cut off cos of thermostat auto switch but with this element ring, it will burn, burn the plastic and cause much damage. I hope this will help
the one i am using at home uses thermostat and when i want to boil water i just put small quantity of water in it. the bucket is 20liters but it doesn't mean that you have to put the water upto that level.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by suco01(m): 11:39pm On Jan 06, 2019
Mbenny:
the one i am using at home uses thermostat and when i want to boil water i just put small quantity of water in it. the bucket is 20liters but it doesn't mean that you have to put the water upto that level.

If yours uses thermostat post pics lets see, yes not compulsory to fillup the bucket but one of the reason it was done with that big bucket is to get more water.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by suco01(m): 12:08am On Jan 07, 2019
Mbenny:
on the aspect of thermostat i agreed with you because the one i am using at home has a thermostat also the one my friend is selling also have thermostat incorporated in it that was why people that bought the product from him have no issue so far. I don't agree with you saying that the paint bucket has no insulation. do you know the meaning of an insulator? i don't think you know cause you wouldn't be differentiating both plastics in terms of insulation. also you made mentioned of the kettle not allowing current to pass through when there is no water, that is a big lie. because when there is no water in the kettle current still flow and the kettle can melt as aresult of that, infact it is the major cause of problem in electric kettle that i have been repairing for people. lack of water makes the seal and thermostat burn. my friend, when you need boild water you don't need to make it upto 20liters but you can just put small quantity you need to boil faster. both foreign made plastic kettle and locally plastic bucket boilers are both insulators and can melt when subjected to high temperature without water and thermostat in place.

Post picture of the one you using with thermostat. That bucket wont stand heat unlike a thermoplastic materials, that bucket dont have high molecular weight. Thermoplastic materials can be cooled and heated several times without any change in their chemistry or mechanical properties, but for this bucket there will be changes in both chemistry and mechanical peoperties when heated several times (google will explain better on this). For the kettle not allowing current to pass through when there is no water, he is right based on electric kettle/jug that doesnt use ring element, if it is those that use flat metal element once powered ON without water in it, the switch trigers back to OFF mode (u can try this). I am into electrical and electronics and i haven't seen a electric kettle/jug burn subjected to high temp without water and thermostat in place unless expose to direct spark from the connecting cables to the thermostat branches. For the 25 litres the purpose of using that paint bucket is to get more of hot water cos using that thing to boil water less than that ring element level will burn it which is about 2litres meaning you want to make a tea of 200ml u have to fill that bucket above the ring element level just cos u neee a 200ml hot water. Purpose of using electric jug is to boil water at a short time even when filled up unlike this tank. Thanks
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by litaninja(m): 12:25am On Jan 07, 2019
How to start house fires 101
How to electrocute users 102

Hian....
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by salford1: 12:48am On Jan 07, 2019
This is junk. Illiteracy is really bad.

A. The cord has no grounding. Basic electricity: Electric shock hazard

B. Electric element placed in a thermoplastic: Introductory Technology, Fire hazard.

Memories12411:
See how people are asking questions about safety. People have been using Chinese boiling ring inside same plastic buckets for ages, nobody ask or bothered about the safety. Now that a Nigerian has decided to do it this way, fellow country people are behaving as if they have seen plastic electric kettle before.
Electric kettles are grounded and thermoset plastics are used.

Thermoset vs. Thermoplastics. ... The primary physical difference is that thermoplastics can be remelted back into a liquid, whereas thermoset plastics always remain in a permanent solid state.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by salford1: 12:57am On Jan 07, 2019
sulasa07:
Looks like some people are playing with 33kVA electric shock.
220V or 240V. However, it's the current that kills and not the voltage. 2V AC with substantial current (0.1 to 0.2 amp) can kill, while a person can survive 50 KV but very tiny current (0.01 amp).
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by wirinet(m): 1:15am On Jan 07, 2019
Mbenny:

This paint bucket heater is both a fire and health hazard, if you and your friend are using it I will advise you to stop immediately.

I do not see a thermostat incorporated, I do not even see a switch or fuse. In normal electric kettles,the thermostat is situated with the switch at the top or at the base.

Yes, you might not have experienced fire hazard yet, probably because you alone is using the contraption, but by the time a wife and kids starts using this in a home, it can easily lead to disaster.

It's a health hazard, because paint bucket plastic is not designed to store hot water, not to talk of boiling water in it. The hot water will dissolve the harmful chemicals used in the manufacture of the bucket and is carcinogenic when consumed. This is the same reason people are adviced to stop using ordinary plastic cups to drink tea. Normal electric kettles are made with special plastic that dies not contain harmful chemicals.

Paint buckets are highly flammable. Experiment throwing a piece in open flame and watch it burn. The one plastic used in manufacture of electric kettle does not burn.

Even if water is not filled to the top of the 20 litre bucket, you will still need 3 to 4 litres to cover the heating element. To boil 4 litres with the shown element, which would not be more than 1500 watts would take hours.
Note that the bucket diameter is big and open, so would lose lots of heat to the air.
I once had a 5 litre, 3000 watts, metal electric kettle, it took more that 30 minutes to bring the full kettle to boil.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Start Ankara Fabrics Business in Nigeria / Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro. / Oyinda Adenuga Weds Adeolu Abayomi Olufeko (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.