Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,604 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) (62218 Views)

Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video) / Lake Rice Sold At N12,000 Per Bag In Lagos (Photos) / BREAKING: The Old Panteka Market In Kaduna Has Been Gutted By Fire (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by ddjay: 8:49am On Jan 07, 2019
Chief metre unit finisher
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by bluefilm: 8:56am On Jan 07, 2019
Nonsense sad

Imagine the amount of kwh that will be wasted in boiling a full saclux paint bucket of water.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Temidayo9(m): 8:57am On Jan 07, 2019
chelsea1116:
beautiful concept...d plastic increases its safety features
I see sense in your comment. The bucket boiler is well insulated due to its plastic body
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Mbenny(m): 9:05am On Jan 07, 2019
wirinet:

This paint bucket heater is both a fire and health hazard, if you and your friend are using it I will advise you to stop immediately.

I do not see a thermostat incorporated, I do not even see a switch or fuse. In normal electric kettles,the thermostat is situated with the switch at the top or at the base.

Yes, you might not have experienced fire hazard yet, probably because you alone is using the contraption, but by the time a wife and kids starts using this in a home, it can easily lead to disaster.

It's a health hazard, because paint bucket plastic is not designed to store hot water, not to talk of boiling water in it. The hot water will dissolve the harmful chemicals used in the manufacture of the bucket and is carcinogenic when consumed. This is the same reason people are adviced to stop using ordinary plastic cups to drink tea. Normal electric kettles are made with special plastic that dies not contain harmful chemicals.

Paint buckets are highly flammable. Experiment throwing a piece in open flame and watch it burn. The one plastic used in manufacture of electric kettle does not burn.

Even if water is not filled to the top of the 20 litre bucket, you will still need 3 to 4 litres to cover the heating element. To boil 4 litres with the shown element, which would not be more than 1500 watts would take hours.
Note that the bucket diameter is big and open, so would lose lots of heat to the air.
I once had a 5 litre, 3000 watts, metal electric kettle, it took more that 30 minutes to bring the full kettle to boil.

are you not using the normal boiling ring water heater to boil water in a plastic container?
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by asksteve(m): 9:23am On Jan 07, 2019
Is thus what we should be referring to as innovative in 2019? Are we trying to move forward or race backward. Nigeria we hail thee.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by BruncleZuma: 9:52am On Jan 07, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
how is it not safe?
Paint buckets are made from Polypropylene instead of Thermoplastics likes Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride CPVC or polyvinyl chloride PVC or a Polycarbonate. This is due to the fact that certain plastics will melt under certain heat and burn while other don't.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by suco01(m): 9:55am On Jan 07, 2019
Jiang:

You know there a robber kettles which are made in China using almost the same concept right, The only difference is one is a kettle & this one Na bucket.

And the big boilers inside bathrooms are designed same way, if you use any of those then you can still use this, otherwise ALL OF THEM ARE UNSAFE

Note water heater/boilers in bathroom doesn't use this type of ring element and it has thermostat with auto switch

1 Like

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by NinjaMetahuman: 9:59am On Jan 07, 2019
BruncleZuma:
Paint buckets are made from Polypropylene instead of Thermoplastics likes Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride CPVC or polyvinyl chloride PVC or a Polycarbonate. This is due to the fact that certain plastics will melt under certain heat and burn while other don't.
all plastics burn

stop trying to sound smart ..

nothing like safe plastic in fire.

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by wirinet(m): 10:00am On Jan 07, 2019
Mbenny:
are you not using the normal boiling ring water heater to boil water in a plastic container?
No. I don't use boiling ring. I have electric kettles, hot water dispenser and normal aluminium kettle that can be used on stove or gas cooker.

Scientists have been warning for years for people to avoid using plastic cups, mugs and bottles to drink hot water. They recommend using ceramic or glass containers to store and drink hot water to avoid health complications caused by chemicals from the plastic.
Read this report;
https://www.google.com/amp/www.omilights.com/why-we-should-not-drink-tea-or-coffee-in-plastic-cup/amp/
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by BruncleZuma: 10:00am On Jan 07, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
all plastics burn

Bro, trust me, I am not responsible for your self imposed ignorance..please go get an education or just Google it.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by wirinet(m): 10:06am On Jan 07, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
all plastics burn

This picture you provided confirm what we have been saying. The whole kettle did not catch fire, but only yhe part directly in contact with the element melted .

If you try the same experiment with ordinary plastic like the one used in making paint bucket, the whole bucket will catch fire. I have seen women that use coal to roast corn use plastic pieces to light the coals.

1 Like

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by NinjaMetahuman: 10:07am On Jan 07, 2019
BruncleZuma:

Bro, trust me, I am not responsible for your self imposed ignorance..please go get an education or just Google it.
im here to to enlighten people because dumb people like your using sophistry to spread ignorance.. you could see from the number of nigerians that liked your posts that nigerians are genrally dumb.. thats why someone would tell them its okay to bath with salt water and they would agree.

by the way, plastic bucket water heater is not a new concept
they even sell in china.

wirinet:

This picture you provided confirm what we have been saying. The whole kettle did not catch fire, but only yhe part directly in contact with the element melted .

If you try the same experiment with ordinary plastic like the one used in making paint bucket, the whole bucket will catch fire. I have seen women that use coal to roast corn use plastic pieces to light the coals.
bucket filled with water cannot catch fire..hot water cannot burn.
every plastic will catch fire with you leave it long enough without water.

its that simple.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by BruncleZuma: 10:13am On Jan 07, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
im here to to enlighten people because dumb people like your using sophistry to spread ignorance.. you could see from the number of nigerians that liked your posts that nigerians are genrally dumb.. thats why someone would tell them its okay to bath with salt water and they would agree.

they even sell in china.

What is that plastic made up of? To even argue organic chemistry with someone whose knowledge of plastic is pictures of plastic on the internet is worrisome.

You don't need to like my reasons but yours is just smack illiteracy wrapped up in self-delusions.

Please go get learned I am still not responsible for your lack of education. You don't know means you don't know, attacking me won't change the laws of physics or chemistry.

I bid you good day.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by wirinet(m): 10:14am On Jan 07, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:

they even sell in china.

No one is saying that they are not selling in Cambodia, what we are saying is that safety precautions has to be taken against fire and health hazards. The plastic must be manufactured without harrmful chemical additives that can cause health problems.

Besides, that type of bucket will never be allowed in the UK, US or other advanced nations due to safety concerns.

1 Like

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by NinjaMetahuman: 10:23am On Jan 07, 2019
wirinet:

No one is saying that they are not selling in Cambodia, what we are saying is that safety precautions has to be taken against fire and health hazards. The plastic must be manufactured without harrmful chemical additives that can cause health problems.

Besides, that type of bucket will never be allowed in the UK, US or other advanced nations due to safety concerns.
nothing in life 100% safe.

the phone you carry around is health hazard and likely to give you cancer. but that doesnt mean we shouldnt use it...

thats the point.

and im trying to correct the notion that because it is coil in the plastic, it is not safe. it is safe as it can be. if you have enough mind to use electric stove or kettle, this is equally as safe.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by NinjaMetahuman: 10:28am On Jan 07, 2019
BruncleZuma:

What is that plastic made up of? To even argue organic chemistry with someone whose knowledge of plastic is pictures of plastic on the internet is worrisome.

You don't need to like my reasons but yours is just smack illiteracy wrapped up in self-delusions.

Please go get learned I am still not responsible for your lack of education. You don't know means you don't know, attacking me won't change the laws of physics or chemistry.

I bid you good day.
lol... i know enough chemistry to know that there is no fire resistant plastic.. all plastic burn. cos they are all polythene product.

from nylon to pvc no matter the chemistry involved, as long as there is polythene int the mixture and enough heat from electric coil, it will catch fire.

but a dummass like yourself trying to prove god knows what in the name of sounding smart, is what i dont know what you smoked..
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Memories12411: 10:49am On Jan 07, 2019
salford1:
This is junk. Illiteracy is really bad.

A. The cord has no grounding. Basic electricity: Electric shock hazard

B. Electric element placed in a thermoplastic: Introductory Technology, Fire hazard.

Electric kettles are grounded and thermoset plastics are used.

Thermoset vs. Thermoplastics. ... The primary physical difference is that thermoplastics can be remelted back into a liquid, whereas thermoset plastics always remain in a permanent solid state.
I agree with you. What I expected is that the guy should be encouraged and also be guided accordingly on how to improve his skills. You have your arguments based on knowledge but must people condemned the guy's efforts. Such people should be encouraged and condemned. Thanks
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Mbenny(m): 11:45am On Jan 07, 2019
wirinet:

No. I don't use boiling ring. I have electric kettles, hot water dispenser and normal aluminium kettle that can be used on stove or gas cooker.

Scientists have been warning for years for people to avoid using plastic cups, mugs and bottles to drink hot water. They recommend using ceramic or glass containers to store and drink hot water to avoid health complications caused by chemicals from the plastic.
Read this report;
https://www.google.com/amp/www.omilights.com/why-we-should-not-drink-tea-or-coffee-in-plastic-cup/amp/
i agreed with you because i don't use plastic to take hot substance do to the health implication. it is nice to enlighten each other.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by greenmonk: 11:47am On Jan 07, 2019
bobkezel:
The iron handle has nothing to do with its safety cos it's attached to the plastic.
My problem with this is the heat loss since it's not thermoplastic and lack of thermostat. A lot of energy will be lost during and after heating.
Prepaid meter users, don't dare use this.
So what do you use to heat your water now?
We should appreciate the effort of others.
If you know better improve on their invention.
In Nigeria we condemn everything made in Nigeria instead of encouragement and improving on them.
My kudos go to the inventors.
No oyibo man have been able to invent electric bucket.
While we are busy condemning them you will see the Chinese version within six months and we will rush to buy them.
OP THANK YOU FOR SHOWCASING THE TALENT OF THIS GUYS who are moving Nigeria forward in their own little ways.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by 1LadySule(f): 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2019
Congratulations to the entrepreneur. Most low income families in South Africa have this in their homes. its useful, safe and easy to use. there's the 5l, 10L , 20/25L. saves electricity.
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by wirinet(m): 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2019
Memories12411:

I agree with you. What I expected is that the guy should be encouraged and also be guided accordingly on how to improve his skills. You have your arguments based on knowledge but must people condemned the guy's efforts. Such people should be encouraged and condemned. Thanks
Criticism in other climes is taken as a former of encouragement, as it points out flaws in design and concept, so the designer or inventor can improve design. In Nigeria any form of criticism is taken as enmity, jealousy and bad belle. You cannot pass a PHD or even a Bsc desertification without serious criticism.

This designer is going about the design and assembly of this electric bucket in a totally wrong way. All the component parts for the electric kettle can be found at Alaba international, the only problem is the plastic container. That is the problem most small electronic producers have in Nigeria. People resort to using all sorts of plastic containers meant for other things to design and produce their products. Some people even use water pvc pipes to make led touch lights.

The best way to make such thinks is to use an injection molding machines to mold your plastics to specification, but then the machines are expensive and the moulds are also very expensive apart from being intricate.

There is nothing innovative in putting a heating element inside a bucket. The problem is the design of the container or kettle itself and the safety features incorporated.

1 Like

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by mfm04622: 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
how is it different from this..

nigerians and their herd mentality.

someone will say unconfirmed thing, then they start following like mundu

For your information, I have seen the paint bucket with boiling ring attached physically as I live in Kaduna. The difference between the kettle you posted and that contraption is that the kettle has a control that switched it off when the water boils. That is the big difference
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by bobkezel(m): 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2019
greenmonk:

So what do you use to heat your water now?
We should appreciate the effort of others.
If you know better improve on their invention.
In Nigeria we condemn everything made in Nigeria instead of encouragement and improving on them.
My kudos go to the inventors.
[/color]No oyibo man have been able to invent electric bucket.[color=#990000]
While we are busy condemning them you will see the Chinese version within six months and we will rush to buy them.
OP THANK YOU FOR SHOWCASING THE TALENT OF THIS GUYS who are moving Nigeria forward in their own little ways.
No oyibo man has been able to invent electric bucket like seriously?
Which village are you from?
How do you think this invention can improve if its flaws were not pointed out?
Mtchewww
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by FarmerDickson1(m): 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
lol... i know enough chemistry to know that there is no fire resistant plastic.. all plastic burn. cos they are all polythene product.

from nylon to pvc no matter the chemistry involved, as long as there is polythene int the mixture and enough heat from electric coil, it will catch fire.

but a dummass like yourself trying to prove god knows what in the name of sounding smart, is what i dont know what you smoked..

It's OK!!!!!
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by NinjaMetahuman: 7:55pm On Jan 07, 2019
mfm04622:

For your information, I have seen the paint bucket with boiling ring attached physically as I live in Kaduna. The difference between the kettle you posted and that contraption is that the kettle has a control that switched it off when the water boils. That is the big difference

this boiling ring doesnt have on or off switch, i dont see you campaign that they should ban it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by jdula: 10:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
Coloradvantage:
una no go kill person with this thing k outside the box talk. abeggyyy. una too d read nonsense. lol

Na my faults say your brain no fit think well
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by mfm04622: 10:19pm On Jan 07, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:

this boiling ring doesnt have on or off switch, i dont see you campaign that they should ban it.

How many people are stupid enough to buy such?
I still support banning it
Re: Locally Made In Nigeria Electric Bucket Sold At Panteka Market In Kaduna (pics) by Coloradvantage(m): 11:33am On Jan 08, 2019
jdula:

Na my faults say your brain no fit think well
no be your fault bro...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Start Ankara Fabrics Business in Nigeria / Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro. / Oyinda Adenuga Weds Adeolu Abayomi Olufeko (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.