Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives (25107 Views)

Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest / DSS Complies With Tinubu’s Order, Vacates Lagos Office Shared With EFCC / Court Vacates Forfeiture Order On Okorocha’s Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Nathdoug(m): 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2019
Okoyebos:

They sacked Daily Trust's premises, you cried.
They vacated the premises, you're wailing.

Are you cursed with the spirit of sadness and sorrow?
you are the biggest Zombie I have seen on this platform
Your zombiesm is overwhelming..
It's certain you can't be cured
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Ellie01: 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2019
HOLYDICK:
Idiotas

Is this owelle miltary uniform or what, and the that cap sha.
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Narijoel(m): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2019
mfm04622:

Evidence of crime they committed! They published planned military action. Is that not helping terrorists?
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Ayobami7(m): 11:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Coloradvantage(m): 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
PigBenis:
This is not the Nigeria I used to know!
i don't know your age, but the difference is it is getting too worse. Nigeria has never been great. lol
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Foolishbuhari: 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
mfm04622:

I pray this government have the political will to prosecute the publisher and journalist for treason. Then you will know how serious the crime they committed was! They leaked and published military plans! I am sure the punishment is death penalty. Not everything is politics please. If you have relatives that are in the military serving in the North East, you will know how serious the crimes is. This explains how our soldiers are always ambushed! Nonsense

And you my friend are either uninformed or simply blinded by partisan affiliation and hate.

First the military denied Baga was never captured so what exactly are they scared of?
Now having covertly accepted, what do you expect short of a reprisal to reclaim Baga and the rest?

It's an open secret that they'd attack and attempt to reclaim the town and even boko haram fighters are not foolish to know they won't attack so exactly what sabotage and treason are you talking about?

Were intricate battle formation leaked? Were commanders names leaked? Were troop and platoon leaders names published? Was the time of operations published? Was a date for the operation given? All these are what could have been termed as sabotage and the answer to all is NO!

For Pete's sake anyone could come up with such speculations for an impending military operation to clear the area.

I feel the army attacked the media outlet because they've been very brutal and apt in rubbishing the lies of the NA. They've sustained the tempo on unbiased reportage about true events from the NE theater despite lies and threats from the NA.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by mfm04622: 11:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
Racoon:

So how you defend the Nigerian Army who gleefully announced publicly it proposed plan about amassing forces from the three services to retake a Baga Town they strongly denied never fell to the BH insurgents?

Does he ever asked how BH have been confidently taking the offensive to our military and routing them easily? Does he understands what guerrilla warfare is all about?

Only weaker army or non state actors use guerrilla warfare. If you are stronger or equal, you face your opponent squarely. It is not the massing of soldiers. They published military plans including maps showing routes soldiers will take! Stop defending things that will destroy our gallant soldiers. They are somebody's sons, husbands and fathers!
Now, Baga did not FALL. The military has said it many times. They undertook strategic withdrawal! There is a big difference! A town falling mean you fought and lost it. The military will leave in disarray. Running from their enemies. In Strategic withdrawal, it is planned withdrawal when you know you can't defend your position. Because you have cohesion and leaving in order, the enemy dare not pursue you! Big difference.

Remember during Jonathan when out soldiers strategical withdrew to Cameroon? I was one of those defending them. It serves no purpose to stay and fight and lose lives when you won't achieve your objectives. Better withdraw and come fight another day. Than be driven away from battlefield by your enemies and be killed while running.
Remember Metele, that barrack fell! Do you see the difference?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Yankee101: 11:07pm On Jan 06, 2019
No court order, nothing?
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by mfm04622: 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
Foolishbuhari:

And you my friend are either uninformed or simply blinded by partisan affiliation and hate.

First the military denied Baga was never captured so what exactly are they scared of?
Now having covertly accepted, what do you expect short of a reprisal to reclaim Baga and the rest?

It's an open secret that they'd attack and attempt to reclaim the town and even boko haram fighters are not foolish to know they won't attack so exactly what sabotage and treason are you talking about?

Were intricate battle formation leaked? Were commanders names leaked? Were troop and platoon leaders names published? Was the time of operations published? Was a date for the operation given? All these are what could have been termed as sabotage and the answer to all is NO!

For Pete's sake anyone could come up with such speculations for an impending military operation to clear the area.

I feel the army attacked the media outlet because they've been very brutal and apt in rubbishing the lies of the NA. They've sustained the tempo on unbiased reportage about true events from the NE theater despite lies and threats from the NA.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Reference(m): 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
But if the military can invade the premises of a news agency what stops them from entering any premises for that matter, confiscating any property they so desire and arresting whoever they so wish.

Under which laws have they done this. There is no staye of emergency in Bornu and even if there was, no one has appointed them to oversee the civilian space. If they have a critic in The Bornu Staye Government House will they storm it too. What if the antagonist resides in Abuja, will they storm there too.

They are not only to withdraw from that premises but whoever ordered that invasion should be arrested immediately and charged for this dangerous act. Soldiers must not be found in the civilian space. And have no right to adjudicate in what are purely civilian matters. They have a legal department and can make a complaint to the DPP against the said publication and/or media house.

War is no excuse for lawlessness. And should not be used by the military to creep back into governance.
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by DerideGull(m): 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2019
stalwart123:
grin

Please how can I disown Nigeria?

Or how can I stop being a Nigerian?

I need help please.

You have to either join IPOB or the bandwagon for disintegration of the Nigeria, aka shithole.
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by mfm04622: 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2019
SalamRushdie:

they did nothing , who doesn't know Nigerian Army movt in Borno
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by dominion001(m): 11:15pm On Jan 06, 2019
Baba Fela think say he see something when he was alive, he no know say na just testing the mic he see.

Demonstration of craze.
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by jaxxy(m): 11:23pm On Jan 06, 2019
[quote author=mfm04622 post=74517424][/quote]

There are channels for addressing issues. How can the military act first then Fg now says they will settle it with dialogue? Shows an obvious gap in communication btw Fg and the military.
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Foolishbuhari: 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2019
mfm04622:

So if you know I want to fight you and my friend tell you I am coming from the North, won't you ambush me? A map showing routes and other information was published! If you think that is okay,, I won't respond to you again!

Lol Bro this things you're saying are just... I don't even know what to tag them without it coming off as an insult.

If I stole your property and you know, I'd always prepare for you especially if you are a formidable force s that didn't fly Bro.

Daily trust never published routes

They never provided classified details. The map they put on the report was the map of Baga and it's surroundings nothing suggestive so these your points are off target Bro.

What "other information" are you talking about BTW? Let's debate this like sane men Bro. I await your response
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by bigfather(m): 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2019
famotechs:
The Federal Government has directed the military to vacate the premises of @daily_trust and the order has been complied with. Issues between the military and the newspaper as they affect the coverage of the war in the Northeast will be resolved through dialogue.

http://www.thengtimes.com/2019/01/nigeria-military-vacates-daily-tryst.html?m=1

Am sure d FG wasn't aware of d military invasion as usual !
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by HarunaWest(m): 11:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
mfm04622:

I pray this government have the political will to prosecute the publisher and journalist for treason. Then you will know how serious the crime they committed was! They leaked and published military plans! I am sure the punishment is death penalty. Not everything is politics please. If you have relatives that are in the military serving in the North East, you will know how serious the crimes is. This explains how our soldiers are always ambushed! Nonsense
STFU....didn't the FG deny that no territory was ceased by BH,how come they all jittery after Daily Trust's Publication.. Your here typing thrash,your FG is a bare faced liar..That's why they can't win the war against BH for over 10years.
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Adebowale89(m): 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
Metuh:
Nigerians haven't seen anything yet. grin

Una go see fire in the next level of lifelessness.

I hope Buhari wins again. grin

he will win again and no fire will happen

what amuse me about you PDP dimwits is seeing Atiku as saint

Buhari and Atiku are politicians even gej. all these people have almost all same political character. obj during his regime finished a whole town and you people are crying now.

I'm sure the chief of army staff made an order. Buhari don't interfere, you call him names, he does you talk

you people should make use of your brain for once

buhari will rule Nigeria again in 4years time and there is no amount of wailing that would stop that. do you know 4+4 is 8?

you go dey OK las las grin
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by nwokeoochaking(m): 11:39pm On Jan 06, 2019
BH
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by poseidon12: 11:50pm On Jan 06, 2019
And some fools still want to vote for Buhari the dictator and tribalist.
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Feraz(m): 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2019
But there's a developing story where they are currently taking over their offices in Lagos and Kaduna states. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/4944195/developing-security-agents-take-over
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by pieces18: 11:59pm On Jan 06, 2019
as if the soldiers went there on their own volition. abeg gime chance make i pass shameless enemies of nigeria and democracy.
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Neatb(m): 12:00am On Jan 07, 2019
stalwart123:
grin

Please how can I disown Nigeria?

Or how can I stop being a Nigerian?

I need help please.
Lets look for buyers. Nigeria needs to be sold

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Lush100(m): 12:46am On Jan 07, 2019
Naruto87:
While the actions of the military isn't commendable, we should consider their anger. The military planing a massive attacked(probably a surprise attacked) get the information leaked by a news agency. Do you know what that means for the lives of its men? Soldiers die regularly thanks to BH so while we critisize,lets be empathetic.
And to those insulting the President tell me this.. Is he aware of all the military activities?

sir, let's assume its true. and agreed.
this same military has been coming out in time past to leak to public ( or to publicize) what strategy it wants to use (for both bokoharam or IPOB) just to score patronage that it is " working".

I watched it on "B-C-O-S" and the public was like why are they telling us something that should be kept within.
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Dollabiz: 12:54am On Jan 07, 2019
smiley
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by drmikeadams(m): 1:00am On Jan 07, 2019
dominion001:
Baba Fela think say he see something when he was alive, he no know say na just testing the mic he see.

Demonstration of craze.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Princedapace(m): 1:18am On Jan 07, 2019
Expect less reportage of the true nature of the war the more..

I don't know why Apc thinks the best way to win election is by lying to the people..

It is a pity the military has been dragged so much into politics and I just pray this country doesnt flame up again..
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by udemzyudex(m): 2:07am On Jan 07, 2019
Useless government, to think that some people are still supporting this government baffles me.

They decide to hide what's going on at the war front from us and lied to us that bokoharam has been technically defeated, now that everything is out, we now know its a lie they are trying to bring down daily trust.

This same government will order the military or police to shoot unarmed protester.
SMH.
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Atk1nson(m): 4:04am On Jan 07, 2019
demolinka:
Be like Dem leak story of planned military op for baga...
That one no good na. But fg sef dey bé, una suppose dialogue in d first place

There is no forward-looking country where the government persecutes the media for making information available to them public. Even the Edward Snowden and Julian Assange issues, governments focus on the person that provided them with this information to the media and not the media.

It's very wrong to pressure the media to cherry-pick the information it publishes. So many thing wrong with this government

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by weyreypey: 4:09am On Jan 07, 2019
Re: Nigeria Military Vacates Daily Trust Premises After FG Directives by Rolings: 4:35am On Jan 07, 2019
Jossyroyal1:
shocked

Awon weré

This country does not mean well for either the citizens or the military.

The Nigeria dear not shoot at insurgents without taking orders from above. This is exactly what they don't want the world to know hence the less reportage by the media.

They don't want them to report to the world how they are sacrificing the lives of innocent soldiers by under-arming them. They don't want the world to know they are trying to weaken the strength of other regions by sending them to be killed by BH.

If you are from SS, SE, MB, and you are still aiming to join Nigeria army am sorry for you

As if no Yoruba man or Hausa man has died fighting BH, nobody force anyone to join millitary , you know it's death or survive in war so nobody force anyone from your region to join NA, but remember your words now so that if in future it's only Hausa or Yoruba that heads the military that you have deliberately disenfranchised yourselves ........ That's how iPod asked you all not to participate during voter registration only for you now to turn around and say inec disenfranchised you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Appeal Court Affirms Oyetola, Running Mate As APC Candidates / Car Buried With Bodies Discovered In Nasarawa / Court Bars Jimi Agbaje From Parading Himself As Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.