Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari (10187 Views)

2023: I Only Know APC Candidates – Buhari Warns Decamped Party Members / Amaechi, Buni Pay Courtesy Calls On The APC National Chairman (Photos) / Pat Utomi: If Igbo Want Me To Contest For Presidency, I Won’t Decline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by agwom(m): 6:14am On Jan 07, 2019
The governorship tussle in Ogun State, yesterday, assumed a new twist as Governor Ibikunle Amosun led the candidate of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM), Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade, to meet with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Villa.

The meeting was held 10 days after a former governor of the state, Segun Osoba, took the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dapo Abiodun, to the president.

Akinlade who could not get the APC ticket to vie for the governorship in Ogun State had moved to APM and became its flag bearer.

Speaking after the meeting yesterday, Amosun said they were totally committed to the second term bid of President Buhari.

“For us in Ogun State, you are aware that our party, the APM adopted him (Buhari) as our presidential candidate. So, what we just tried to do today is to reassure him that what we have done still stands and we are working very hard to make sure that he wins in Ogun State,” Amosun said.

“And what we are taking away is to tell our people that he (Buhari) is doing very well and by God’s grace, come February 16, we will vote and he will win that election Insha Allah, “ he added.

Meanwhile, President Buhari has said he will not decline courtesy call from opposition candidates.

A statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu said, “Following repeated media enquiries on the matter, the Presidency wishes to state in clear and unmistakable terms that as a party leader and a candidate on the platform of the All Progressives Congress in the coming elections, President Buhari will campaign for the party and all its candidates.

“This however does not mean that he, as the nation’s leader, will decline courtesy calls or offers of support from citizens including candidates flying the flags of other parties.

“There is no doubt that the President has no competition here in terms of popularity in the coming elections. But the more support he gets, the wider the margin of victory there will be,” the statement said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-wont-decline-courtesy-calls-by-opposition-candidates-buhari.html

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by oyebanji44: 6:23am On Jan 07, 2019
grin grin ;Nigerians stood solidly behind you(buhari)

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by propsvila: 6:26am On Jan 07, 2019
Get ready to call Atiku and Congratulate him
Just like Jonathan did in 2015
Meanwhile hook up with me if you want to know about a life changing Business Opportunity

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:39am On Jan 07, 2019
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI as he takes us to the land flowing with milk and honey, AKA the NEXT LEVEL.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:40am On Jan 07, 2019
propsvila:
Wake up from your nightmare man!
Stop sleeping on the Bicycle!!

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by driand(m): 6:40am On Jan 07, 2019
angry angry

Decline or not we still don't like you...

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 07, 2019
Buhari you are confussed and empty with ideas

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by elitejosef: 6:40am On Jan 07, 2019
How confused can a party be
#i stand with AtikuObi
#ise2019 is a goal

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by plainol(m): 6:40am On Jan 07, 2019
W
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:40am On Jan 07, 2019
oyebanji44:
grin grin grin SW stood solidly behind you(buhari)
Every sane, good , honest and hardworking Nigerians are behind Baba.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by bukynkwuenu: 6:40am On Jan 07, 2019
grin we were managing buhari when he was liking only cartoons.... now Amaechi don talk say him no sabi read....

ike gwuru .....failbuhari do come make lifeless enter daura

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Racoon(m): 6:40am On Jan 07, 2019
Yeah! In your utter desperation to rule again as president you want accolades & endorsements by all Tom,Dick and Harry despite your overwhelming catastrophic presidency.

However due to you lack of responsibility, you quickly blame the same opposition(s) for the numerous unpardonable gaffes of your government.

Meanwhile it's the same opposition that becomes "looters/thieves/criminals/anti-democratic elements/ "people of no electoral worth or value" once they ceased to be sai baba zombies due to your intolerant, unforgiving and vindictive nature.

Continue! Hypocrite!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Racoon(m): 6:41am On Jan 07, 2019
[s]
post=74521540:

Every sane, good,honest and hardworking Nigerians are behind Baba.
[/s]
“Three years of Buhari oo, everybody is crying, crying…pressmen are crying, farmers are crying, workers are crying, politicians are crying, students are crying, three years oo!“The rate of poverty is very high.The people are hungry.Nigeria will never change!”
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/304352-under-buhari-nigerians-are-hungry-poverty-is-growing-amaechi-says-in-secret-tape.html

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:42am On Jan 07, 2019
My own is, is he aware of what Rotimi Amaechi said about him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by LibertyRep: 6:42am On Jan 07, 2019
The President is lucky that his election is coming first ahead of the guber elections otherwise this anti party activity he is condoning and encouraging all in the name of more support will come back to hunt him.

How do you openly welcome and support a governor who also doubles as the party's senatorial candidate) and who has repeatedly vowed not to support your party's guber candidate into the villa with his anointed guber candidate.

What manner of politics is that? No wonder the governor has the effrontery to instruct the dissolved party executive not to vacate the party's state secretariat.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Sakamaje: 6:42am On Jan 07, 2019
PMB na proper Sakamaje/scammer who only cares about his own reelection (he will kiss any ass at this point to get reelected) and not his party's other upcoming elections. He should have turned down Amosun's decision to bring along the Akinlade fellow because the photo op would be maximized and exploited by Amosun's camp to imply that his candidate has the presidency's endorsement, thereby demoralizing and confusing loyal Ogun APC members. Buhari no try at all.

10 Likes

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Randy100: 6:43am On Jan 07, 2019
Get ready to receive them at Daura.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Hector09(m): 6:43am On Jan 07, 2019
This shows that buhair dont have control over his party

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Caseless: 6:43am On Jan 07, 2019
cool

Even God know say I dey with Amosun on this. Ogun west must produce a governor.

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Whothecapfits: 6:46am On Jan 07, 2019
Oto ge all the way

(if you're from Kwara state, you will understand me better)
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Isobug: 6:47am On Jan 07, 2019
Jubril is any where Belle face

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 07, 2019
Meanwhile,

Campaign season is here. Let's make some money.
If you know how we can connect to any politician or an aspirant from any state or even a political party, I have the updated INEC GSM database numbers of registered voters on each local government in Nigeria.
We can sell it to them for bulk SMS campaign purpose and make some money
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by plainol(m): 6:50am On Jan 07, 2019
Buhari has mastered the art of hypocrisy so much that it has become his way of life.

He's a perfect carbon copy of Comrade Napoleon in George Orwell's Animal Farm.

Deceit is his only weapon to campaign now. Watch how he will LOUD his hypocritic Opposition fight tagged Corruption fight very well because he has come to realise that that is what massages the ego of his supporters.

Buhari can never move Nigeria 1 inch forward. Infact, he has dropped us from 100th floor to ground zero.

The only recessionist leader the world has ever seen. A Mugabe's ally.

11 Likes

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by ozaovehe(m): 6:50am On Jan 07, 2019
Emeskhalifa:
So you think Baba who is first hand victim of PDP deceit will now care of lies and deceit PDP are spreading. grin

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by eagleeye2: 6:50am On Jan 07, 2019
Emeskhalifa:
He doesn't read.
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by crownwealth: 6:54am On Jan 07, 2019
Anti party activities. Buhari should be suspended immediately
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Printerscanner: 6:56am On Jan 07, 2019
propsvila:

Where will Atikuloot be that day? Dubai, Nigeria or US prison?

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 07, 2019
the redundant ancestor /serial recessionist should F*UCKing take several back seat!.... he's the WORST thing I ever wasted my vote on!...

#NEVER AGAIN!
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Muhylonaire(m): 7:05am On Jan 07, 2019
Lmao.... Nigerian politics
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by israelmao(m): 7:05am On Jan 07, 2019
Wolf in sheep's clothing .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo: NLC Vows To Go Ahead With Strike, Despite Court Order / Amaechi Swears-In New Acting Chief Judge For Rivers / Most Expensive And Luxurious Presidential Planes In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.