Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,970 members, 7,838,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) (58428 Views)

Troops Kill Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists In Pulka ( Pictures) / Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Fighters While Planting IEDs Near Sambisa Forest / Chadian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Shekau Consoles Fighters (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by bishopkay: 11:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
Very good news from the NA but em... I thought they said Baga was never captured by Boko haram?

But in all its good news. Our territories should not be play grounds for terrorists. Let them make sure it's not retaken sha make e for now be like play though me thinks BH actually made that move to drive home a point
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by otagbajoshua: 11:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by idowuswap: 11:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
Shelumiel:
When Bokoharam kill troops ,they release video footage and pics, but the Nigerian army only releases statements claiming victory and to me, this is smells like the usual dish we eat daily on nairaland, and it is called PROPAGANDA!
it will never well with ur family.bastard.u dey house dey eat chicken.and u v the gut to type nonsense for people wey dey war front...u must be mad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 11:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
Buterflyle0:

Your mouth like cool.

Are you back from circulating fake videos about the next President?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
NessaBoo:

Manna, you dished it particularly HOT tonight! cheesy

Nicely said, hope your day went well...
Lol cheesy, just had to clarify some issues to some people.
Yes dearie, day been pretty good.
Trust you are good too?!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by ridbell01(m): 11:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
Those people with the lowest electoral strength would not like this news but there wailing just started
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
ridbell01:
Those people with the lowest electoral strength would not like this news but there wailing just started
Yessss oooo.
naso

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by ericiland: 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
How can u reclaim Baga u said you never lost to boko boys in d first place
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by samazagudu(m): 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
God bless and protect our troops. But we weapons recovered from Boko boys is too small na. How can a person who uses such kind patched guns sent dozen of bundles well trained soldiers out of Bags. Though is not easy shA
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by LZAA: 11:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
Shawnnn01:
Another sad news for the entire Igbo tribe to start the new year on a sorrowful note.

Buhari is wicked I swear.

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by Mysselff2: 11:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
cucumbae:
No pics?

Amnesty international will misinterprete the pictures
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
Officialpdpnig:

As an Igbo dude I am, I totally agree with what you have said here.

Thunder fire all haters of Nigeria including their new lord and savior Atiku Dubaibakar n'aha Jesus, isee isee isee
A very BIG AMEN to that bro...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by alizma: 11:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
Shelumiel:
When Bokoharam kill troops ,they release video footage and pics, but the Nigerian army only releases statements claiming victory and to me, this is smells like the usual dish we eat daily on nairaland, and it is called PROPAGANDA!
people like you who are not even current about the happenings in their environment are the ones that makes useless noise.
Thomas see the pictures you requested for

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by NessaBoo(f): 11:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
post=74645215:

Lol cheesy, just had to clarify some issues to some people.
Yes dearie, day been pretty good.
Trust you are good too?!

Awwww!

It was definitely well clarified dear! cheesy

I'm very well, Thank you smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by LZAA: 11:24pm On Jan 10, 2019
thatigboman:
see this one. When ihejirika, an Igbo General, nearly exterminated all the boko terrorists, is it not you, yoruba muslims and northern elders that called for his removal and threathened to sue him at ICC for killing "your boys"?
grin grin
Kai!!!
See finishing
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by asfrankasf(m): 11:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
I told a friend that Nairalanders can make meme someone's destiny he thought I was joking
Sarcastic folks

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
NessaBoo:

Awwww!

It was definitely well clarified dear! cheesy

I'm very well, Thank you smiley
You are always welcome dearie kiss
Anytime!

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
NessaBoo:
Every well meaning Nigerian should celebrate this, irrespective of Tribal and Political sentiments...A victory for the Army is a victory for all.

smiley Well done guys. kiss
Very well said!
Thumbs up!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by Humanity123: 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
Shelumiel:
if our army are also releasing videos of there victory it means it as turn to competition between Our Arms forces and Terrorist...
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by iko123: 11:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
The military never agreed that baga was taken by bokoharam how can they retake it.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by Albertone(m): 11:38pm On Jan 10, 2019
rottennaija:

Because boko haram is doing propaganda.USA didn't release videos of them taking out Osama bin laden neither those of their war in Iraq or Yemen.

Besides, even if you see videos, you will still call it propaganda
You need to visit youtube more often and search these things.I am a big fan of foreign military war videos.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by AceNY: 11:41pm On Jan 10, 2019
When BH takes over an army base, they plunder grenades and armoured tanks from the Nigerian Army .... but NA overruns BH and all they take off the terrorists are a few guns....was there really an encounter....? Or Bokoboys simply left a few camps for our NA to feel like they got a conquest?.... sad!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by Saintdan0421(m): 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2019
omoowo8888:
Special Forces of the Nigeria Army on Thursday killed hundreds of Boko Haram terrorists in massive clearance operations in Borno State.

The troops made up of Nigerian Army Special Forces, the Nigerian Navy Special Forces as well as the Nigerian Air Force Special Forces however lost an officer and a soldier during the clearance operations.

According to the Nigerian Army Spokesman, Brig. Gen Sani Usman, the operations which commenced on December 28, cleared several towns and villages of Boko Haram remnants.

Usman, in a statement, listed towns cleared as Zare, Gudumbali, Kukawa, and Cross Kauwa while troops have also taken control of Baga and are clearing the fringes of Lake Chad.

He lauded the troops for their gallantry in giving the terrorists a bloody nose, saying the Air Task Force of Operation Lafiya Dole also gave maximum air support in dealing a devastating blow on the terrorists.

Brig Gen. Usman said: “In the determined efforts to wipe out remnants of Boko Haram terrorists that now goes by the appellation of Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP), the gallant troops of the newly formed Nigerian Army Special Forces Command (NASFC), Operation LAFIYA DOLE, have given the terrorists that attacked troops location in Baga a bloody nose.

“The triumphant troops, particularly the highly revered 707 Special Forces Brigade which is the vanguard of the great exploit, dealt the decisive blow that neutralised several terrorists along that axis despite prior warning to them by some unpatriotic elements.

“The Special Forces commenced clearance operations on 28th December 2018, where they cleared Zare, Gudumbali, Kukawa and Cross Kauwa without any resistance from suspected terrorists. However, at Cross Kauwa, the unfortunate ISWAP terrorists made a costly mistake of raising their ugly heads.

“In professional fashion the troops exploited the situation to instantly and decisively neutralise the insurgents and captured some equipment.

“Though some of the terrorists attempted to infiltrate troops camp at Monguno, the gallant troops lured them and neutralised many of them and recovered some arms and ammunition.

“The troops who are in high spirit had since linked up with other forces in Baga where they cleared the Naval Base and the surrounding areas.

“Unfortunately, in the process, the Special Forces lost one officer and a soldier, while five other soldiers sustained injuries.

“The remains of the two fallen heroes and the wounded have since been evacuated.

“The injured soldiers are in stable condition and receiving medical attention.

“The troops are busy consolidating and clearing vestiges of the terrorists within the northern Borno State axis with special emphasis on the Lake Chad region.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/964450-2/
Special Forces using Ak 47's..
I no understand Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by Albertone(m): 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2019
brudiga:
Iol, how many dead bodies? Maybe 5 or 6 . I m very Sure bokoboys left that place for them and left few for them to chew on. There was no real fight at all.

Idiots and cowards. They are still coming back to kill you goats in your 100s. You better drop that useless gun and save yourselves and your families. No body will type rip for u idiots when next they come.

Only a compound fool will keep fighting for this useless country.... Open your useless eyes, u cant have a peaceful and progressive country with this kind of formation.

Yoruba, hausa igbo with almost the same number in terms of population. Christians and muslims with almost the same number of population. Not to talk of over 300 other smaller ethnic groups scattered all over the place. Only a mad idiot will form a country like that and expect peace and progress. You idiot fighting for this nonsense are just wasting your time.

You are wasting your bleeping time.

Its untill shekau becomes the president,thats when you will realize our soldiers efforts...
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by Deicide: 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2019
Humanity123:
if our army are also releasing videos of there victory it means it as turn to competition between Our Arms forces and Terrorist...
Competition is good!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by Albertone(m): 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2019
Good job well done...

Wait,so nigerian soldiers have special forces?
Someone should please go to youtube then search US special forces,they are also known as green berets.Or search Russian special forces,they are also called russian spetnaz.Then compare with their nigerian counterparts.......Hilarious!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by Sincinnati: 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2019
Shawnnn01:
Another sad news for the entire Igbo tribe to start the new year on a sorrowful note.

Buhari is wicked I swear.
You must be an irredeemably daft idiot for dragging Igbos into what concerns them less.

Foolish billy goat!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by yrex01(m): 11:54pm On Jan 10, 2019
Deicide:
Competition is good!
have u ever see a video of us or Israel at war/operation ? If ur ans is no! Go get life.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by Seetto: 11:54pm On Jan 10, 2019
post=74644385:
GOD BLESS OUR GALLANT SOLDIERS as they put thier lives on the line for PEACE to reign in our nation.

'Any evil soul and children of hate pained by this news shall remain impotent for life!' .......... words of an elder... Corrinthians cheesy wink.

We've been saying it and we will keep saying it that you guys should should learn how to separate we true IGBOS, from the troublemakers that call themselves Igbos.
We are 2 different people please.
We true igbos love our country Nigeria and our darling president.
Igbos have their hunched back president called Nnamdi Cowmu too.
Have you ever heard or read about any reasonable, responsible and great igbo, from businessmen to footballers, professors, musicians, actors or any celebrities both male and female, even politicians shouting biafra, Biafra EVERYWHERE?!
NEVER!
Only troublemakers do that.
Kindly take note sir.
Goodnight!
God bless you Sir,
God bless Nigeria
God bless Igbo land
God bless everyone
God bless me too.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by Buterflyle0: 12:01am On Jan 11, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Are you back from circulating fake videos about the next President?

Can you show me where I circulated any such video you this unrepentant liar

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by oladele00(m): 12:04am On Jan 11, 2019
FOR THOSE PLANNING TO VOTE FOR ATIKU ABUBAKAR- a must read!!!

I have just read part of the report, especially Pgs 233 - 242. I feel ashamed as a Nigerian that such a report is available in the public domain, yet Mr Atiku is moving about wanting to be President of a sovereign country.

Visit www.hsgac.senate.gov. It is a US homeland security website, if you type Mr Abubakar Atiku you will see all you need to know about the money laundering and bribery indictment on Atiku. It is a US govt website.

I have come to the conclusion that anybody who promote his candidature should be either unaware of these facts, or have a vested interest. These expose is only for truth lovers, who might have been innocently deceived or cajoled into supporting his candidacy.

A good example of this is former President Olusegun Obasanjo who had earlier said this about Atiku, but now supporting him «The Money Atiku Abubakar Stole when He was My Vice is Enough to Feed 300 Million People for 400 Years.»- Olusegun Obasanjo! (My watch page 31)

But to those who know this information and are still campaigning for Atiku Abubakar, I might have to agree with one of my FB friends who wrote:

"I have come to the conclusion that anybody who promote his candidature should be mentally examined. Such must be locked up in a sanitorium. It is a real SHAME. I now understand better why they want to get rid of Buhari."

I personally feel that these words are too strong, especially since we are living in a free world. Yet it is strange that a suspected fugitive who will not go to defend himself with all the money he has is walking free and still wants to be a country's President.

I like no other know what it means to be falsely accused and to fight to clear your name. I came back to Ukraine from the U.K where I was when I heard of the accusation against me. I've stayed behind since for 10 years now fighting to clear my name before embarking on my next mission to Nigeria.

I can't understand why Mr. Atiku will not go to America to defend himself if he truly knows that he didn't steal the money of Nigerian people. If he knows he is guilty, or has repented as some Nigerians claim, then let him return all he stole. He needs to give account of his stewardship before Nigerians, and repent not only before Obasanjo but before all Nigerians.

Then only would Nigerians consider if to forgive him or not. Meanwhile, this is an unbelievable impunity to be running away from justice in one part of the world then hiding behind politics in another. This man and similar fugitives like him are making Nigeria and Nigerians a laughingstock before the world. The only reason for this is that they know our people don't research, don't think and don't analyze facts and events.

We must stop Atiku now before he and his co cabals milk the whole nation of Nigeria completely dry. If he could steal as much money as the Americans are accusing him of while he was only the second citizen of the nation. You can only imagine what will happen to our national treasures if such an individual becomes the President of the nation.

Abubakar Case History. From 2000 to 2008, Jennifer Douglas, a U.S. citizen and the fourth wife of Atiku Abubakar, former Vice President and former candidate for President of Nigeria, helped her husband bring over $40 million in suspect funds into the United States through wire transfers sent by offshore corporations to U.S. bank accounts. In a 2008 civil complaint, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission alleged that Ms. Douglas received over $2 million in bribe payments in 2001 and 2002, from Siemens AG, a major German corporation. While Ms. Douglas denies wrongdoing, Siemens has already pled guilty to U.S. criminal charges and settled civil charges related to bribery and told the Subcommittee that it sent the payments to one of her U.S. accounts. In 2007, Mr. Abubakar was the subject of corruption allegations in Nigeria related to the Petroleum Technology Development Fund. Of the $40 million in suspect funds, $25 million was wire transferred by offshore corporations into more than 30 U.S. bank accounts opened by Ms. Douglas, primarily by Guernsey Trust Company Nigeria Ltd., LetsGo Ltd. Inc., and Sima Holding Ltd. The U.S. banks maintaining those accounts were, at times, unaware of her PEP status, and they allowed multiple, large offshore wire transfers into her accounts. As each bank began to question the offshore wire transfers, Ms. Douglas indicated that all of the funds came from her husband and professed little familiarity with the offshore corporations actually sending her money. When one bank closed her account due to the offshore wire transfers, her lawyer helped convince other banks to provide a new account. In addition, two of the offshore corporations wire transferred about $14 million over five years to American University in Washington, D.C., to pay for consulting services related to the development of a Nigerian university founded by Mr. Abubakar. American University accepted the wire transfers without asking about the identity of the offshore corporations or the source of their funds because, under current law, the University had no legal obligation to inquire
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) by olat86(m): 12:10am On Jan 11, 2019
I am thinking of the authenticity of the wepons picture. It cought me asking questions within. It looks like Nigerian are always easily bought over with cheap news, money, women and the likes. Those wepons in the picture are for Nigerian military with the bulet prove vest, most of the catridges are empty. Those guys are doing a good job, no doubt about that but their medias should do more than sending us lies inorder to get Nigerians to this Buhari Government side and vote him in second time. Nigerian should think.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure / Abubakar Audu buried. Sands poured into grave amidst tears / Lagosians Line Up To Welcome Buhari In Lagos Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.