Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,680 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili (2984 Views)

Cheap Land In SW, A Sign Of Economic Stagnation (picture) / Atiku Will Liberate Nigeria If Elected, Says Titi Abubakar / APC And PDP Are Fielding A Single Candidate Called Butiku, Says Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by edunwablog: 7:33am On Jan 11, 2019
The presidential candidate of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN), Dr. Oby Ezekwesili, has said that one of the reasons why she wants to be president is to liberate Nigerians from poverty and economic stagnation.

Ezekwesili made this promise while addressing market traders during her campaign at the popular Mararaba Market, in Karu Local Government Area of Nasarawa State, near Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.

She said she was out to liberate Nigeria and its people through her ambition, from official corruption, poverty, economic stagnation among many other vices, she noted, had pervaded the country for long.

She called on the people to only vote for the candidates of APCM in the forthcoming general elections, saying it was the only party which manifesto had the interest of Nigerians at heart.

She explained that she chose the street campaign method in her presidential bid so as to afford her opportunity of directly meeting with the electorate with a view to knowing their problems preparatory to solving them when she assumes the office of the president.

The presidential candidate used the occasion to interact directly with some traders, who assured her that they will vote for her at the poll.

“I come here not only to formally inform you that I am running for the office of president but to also campaign and seek for your votes. I am doing this with a view to giving you a better life,” she told the traders who listened to her with rapt attention.”

Speaking to a group of young boys hawking wares in the market, she said they were not cut for such business. She added that when she becomes president, she will put all of you off from petty trading and set them up for better things.

“You are supposed to be pursuing your education at this level of your life because it is when you have gotten your education that you would have better choices in what you really desire and want for yourselves in life.

“I don’t want to be President so that I can enjoy myself, I want to be president because I care about the people of this country and because I want a better life for the men and women of this country,” Ezekwesili said.

The traders, many who said it was their first time to meet with the former World Bank Vice-President, trooped out in their hundreds, to listen to her as she addressed market men and women.

“I feel happy to watch her address us here today in this market. Before now, I had only seen her on the television or heard her on the radio speak on some issues in Nigeria.

“She is not only highly educated but also brilliant. From what I have seen in her so far, I believe strongly that she has the passion for Nigeria and if she can be given the opportunity to succeed in her aspiration, she would impact positively on the country and its people,” said a trader who identified herself as Mrs. Vivian Osakede.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/01/i-will-liberate-nigeria-from-poverty.html

3 Likes

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Mynd44: 7:45am On Jan 11, 2019
Aunty Oby the liberator

4 Likes

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:46am On Jan 11, 2019
We believe you Madam Oby.
Naso.com

Another good candidate, how we wish she and Fela, Sowore, Hashim can all work with Baba for a better Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by kareemkamil(m): 7:47am On Jan 11, 2019
U or Atiku

1 Like

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Bossontop(m): 7:47am On Jan 11, 2019

1 Like

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Bolustical: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2019
The same way you revolutionised Nigeria's education sector while you were minister ba?

Bullshit.

1 Like

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by ClearFlair: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2019
It will not need liberation after 2023.
Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by itiswellandwell: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2019
Same old story. Same format they have been using to scam us. Just like yahoo yahoo things. May the best candidate win oooo!

Check my signature for air shipping from Nigeria to UK and all European countries.

1 Like

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Johncrest: 7:48am On Jan 11, 2019
I believe u gbam
Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by deri4luv1(m): 7:48am On Jan 11, 2019
Forget 2019, You no follow! Atiku till the end 100%
Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by IMASTEX: 7:49am On Jan 11, 2019
Nigeria needs anything but the two dominant parties. At least they have put in their best which is not good enough.

1 Like

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by YoungLionken(m): 7:49am On Jan 11, 2019
Did you liberate the educational system when you were the minister?

Enough of all this fat promises from you and Sowore already!

That's was how APCheats gave fat promises 2015 and only get active in blame game till morrow morning...

We don't want" APCheat four years of misrule caused it... "
Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Ayoswit(f): 7:49am On Jan 11, 2019
Another good candidate, it's just that I've been OBIdiently ATIKUlated.
Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by dyydxx: 7:50am On Jan 11, 2019
This one is only campaigning in Abuja as if the whole Nigeria is there.

Honestly there should be a threshold before you can qualify to contest for presidency. Too many charlatans. Our Constitution is broken.

Something like your party must have 25% membership strengthin at least 24 States of the Federation before you can get on the ballot

1 Like

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:51am On Jan 11, 2019
Aunty Oby, I have not seen a representative of your party, nor have I seen campaign posters of your presidential ambition.
Save for very few folks who followed the VP debate on Channels Tv, I doubt majority have heard of your party ACPN.
Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Samsimple(m): 7:51am On Jan 11, 2019
go and liberate your family first ...
sie ba puo

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Jayslicky: 7:52am On Jan 11, 2019
Let her first liberate herself from speaking nonsense, someone who couldn't help the educational sector wants to help the nation, smh...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by oderinde151(m): 7:52am On Jan 11, 2019
Buhari said more than this grin grin
Una format Don cast sad

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by helinues: 7:53am On Jan 11, 2019
Ebele to her
Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Printerscanner: 7:53am On Jan 11, 2019
I beg, go and liberate your drug pushers, armed robbers, kidnappers and fake drug dealer brothers in your Biafran Republic of Drugs and crime first, then come back and talk to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 11, 2019
I don't want you in power ma.. Women sabii embezzle money pass men self undecided

1 Like

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Loonyy(m): 7:54am On Jan 11, 2019
is the same thing the APC Cronies said bf 2O15, the only problem was that , we forgot to ask them HOW?? Hanty Oby How?
Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by 2undeajigs: 7:54am On Jan 11, 2019
There's no such thing as a wasted vote.
Madam Oby has my vote. it's time to stop recycling these old sycophants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Tunasco4u(m): 7:54am On Jan 11, 2019
OK
Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Christafarian(m): 7:56am On Jan 11, 2019
Doubt, scorn and even denigrate her for all you want. But one thing remains clear- SHE IS A FAAAAR BETTER CANDIDATE TO BUHARI & ATIKU COMBINED.
Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Godjone(m): 7:57am On Jan 11, 2019
Oby is a bloody liar. She knows nothing
Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by Frankyboy1(m): 8:00am On Jan 11, 2019
Na only you and sowore I genuinely believe, the raw and undiluted passion is evident,and capacity is not lacking too, you have also showed strength of will over the years, but unfortunately ma, a lot of my other youths are empty, they choose PDP or APC, they do the same thing over and over again, but still expecting a different result, posterity will judge us all
Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by AngelicBeing: 8:03am On Jan 11, 2019
Mynd44:
Aunty Oby the liberator
tongue

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by jubrilELsudan: 8:04am On Jan 11, 2019
See this one that hasn't liberated her yard from stagnation water too wants to liberate.

Re: I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili by AngelicBeing: 8:04am On Jan 11, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

People Remembering PDP Days On Twitter #irememberpdp / Dear Nigerians, Why Atiku Must Not Be President – PENGASSAN / [BREAKING] Rivers: Amaechi-backed AAC Floors Gov. Wike, Leading By Wide Margin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.