Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO (6436 Views)

The Battle Of The Titans: The Ogiso aborigines Vs Oba Of Benin / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe / The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jara: 3:48pm On Jan 11, 2019
The best way to solve all the recent rancorous argument between children of Ogiso and Yoruba is to erase Bini and Oba from your culture and start teaching us about the accomplishment of Ogiso before Oba.

Destroy the worship and celebrations of Ogun, Osun etc and ban Yoruba names from Bini heritage.

The Bini that were accepted in Lagos see themselves as Yoruba. If Bini claim they are not Yoruba, they have undercut and remove themselves from Lagos and other Yoruba heritage.

Everyone can then exist peacefully in their own domain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by scholes0(m): 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2019
Impossible. cheesy

The Benin Obas can never be Ogisos, they still pay the symbolic customary rent to the aboriginal Benins during their coronation by re-enacting the Ekiokpagha treaty. cheesy

Don’t circumvent Ekiokpagha Treaty, family warns Benin Traditional Council

BENIN—THE Ogiamien family of Utantan, Benin, Edo State has warned the Benin Traditional Council, BTC, that any attempt to circumvent the Ekiokpagha treaty between the family and the Oba during the coronation rites of a new monarch, will bring an end to the reign of the current dynasty in the kingdom.

Meanwhile, the family has given a 14-day ultimatum to one of the Bini palace chiefs, Chief Osamede Adun, to withdraw the falsehood levelled against it that members of the Ogiamien family, who are the actual Bini aborigines, in which the chief said were slaves/strangers in the kingdom, or face legal action.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/dont-circumvent-ekiokpagha-treaty-family-warns-benin-traditional-council/

The Day Benin Obaship goes back to Ogisoship or "Ogie"-ship is the day the moon shall turn to blood. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by ImperialYoruba: 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2019
jara:
The best way to solve all the recent rancorous argument between children of Ogiso and Yoruba is to erase Bini and Oba from your culture and start teaching us about the accomplishment of Ogiso before Oba.

Destroy the worship and celebrations of Ogun, Osun etc and ban Yoruba names from Bini heritage.

The Bini that were accepted in Lagos see themselves as Yoruba. If Bini claim they are not Yoruba, they have undercut and remove themselves from Lagos and other Yoruba heritage.

Everyone can then exist peacefully in their own domain.

I endorse this message.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by ImperialYoruba: 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2019
scholes0:
Impossible. cheesy

The Benin Obas can never be Ogisos, they still pay the symbolic customary rent to the aboriginal Benins during their coronation by re-enacting the Ekiokpagha treaty. cheesy

The Day Benin Obaship goes back to Ogisoship or "Ogie"-ship is the day the moon shall turn to blood. grin

I dare Edo sons to step forward and dispute this. cool
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jara: 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2019
Deleted
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jara: 2:20pm On Jan 12, 2019
I think the children of Ogiso have finally surrendered after so many historiographical evidence destroyed their novel hypothesis of clinging their only pathway to fame: OBA

If you want to stand on the shoulder of the giant you do not abuse the privileged.

Without OBA, you will be relegated to the bottom of history.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by ImperialYoruba: 7:17am On Jan 13, 2019
jara:

I think the children of Ogiso have finally surrendered after so many historiographical evidence destroyed their novel hypothesis of clinging their only pathway to fame: OBA

If you want to stand on the shoulder of the giant you do not abuse the privileged.

Without OBA, you will be relegated to the bottom of history.

The ancestral origin of Edo culture is Nok civilization. You dey hear me so?

They were second class citizens in that civilization. Igodomingodo was a chiefdom, never even at status of kingdom....much more empire.

Ife on the other hand was the epicenter of NOK. It was from Ife that chiefs are dispatched, with staff of authority, to go rule the forest savages. Edo was one of the savages that harbored the forest.

Let me shut up right now. One of these days Im going to corner a freaking Edo and choke the shege make him vomit his arrogance out.

Yeye people. We go tell where your forefathers came from and who put clothes on their back to teach them how to cover blokos.

Yoruba, the most Superior race on earth!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by sotall(m): 9:57am On Jan 13, 2019
Just look at people who believed someone climbed down from a chain in heaven to be their king trying to feel superior to another tribe with documented history.

Self delusion and highness is a good feeling because while the victim is happy , every other person is neither happy nor sad.

You all enjoy yourselves

3 Likes

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by ImperialYoruba: 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
sotall:
Just look at people who believed someone climbed down from a chain in heaven to be their king trying to feel superior to another tribe with documented history.

Self delusion and highness is a good feeling because while the victim is happy , every other person is neither happy nor sad.

You all enjoy yourselves

When Ife explorers discovered your ancestral fathers in forest they were asked to identify their culture. Their response didnt make any sense. So they were told that from that day on they were now a people of the NOK civilization. A rulership of Chiefdom, donated from Ife, was setup for them and is called Ogieso. Ogieso taught your ancestors the myth of the Ife King and told them they were people of the mighty King that descended from heaven. In passing this myth down successive genrations your fore fathers told it wrong.

Your ancestor told you Ogiso was a king line from the sky.

We are going to retell your history to you and we will help youvarchive it in online records so in case your future generations need the vorrect version they can get access and learn what we will teach you here this year.

First lesson -
Your Ogieso is a Chiefdom, not Kingdom. There can only be one King, and thats the mighty Emperor in Ife, the head of NOK culture.

Second Lesson -
Ogieso are the agents of the sky king....they are not themselves the sky kings. Your ancestors told you wrong.

Third Lesson -
The Ife sky king is the attribute of the power in the King. A King not born of humans...a King descended from the gods in the sky.....attributes of power and might. One to be feared!
It does not mean the king physically climbed down a chain.

Sky King is a common myth applied by civilizations around the world to reside authority on the throne and make the occupant an immortal, not one of us earthly beings that are visible and prone to disease and death. Sky king is invincible and does not suffer any ailment.

Fourth Lesson -
The only King you ever had in Edo was the Oba to supersede Chiefdoms. This was your beginning of Kingdom. Your Kingdom dynasty was donated by Ife, again.

There were two colors in Ife. Red, belonging to NOK. White belonging to Oduduwa.

Your Red palace colors is legacy of Ogiso, from NOK legacy. Your White palace colors is legacy of Oba, from Yoruba civilization. You use both till today.

Red has been discontinued in Ife.

You lack common sense. We will teach you what is missing in your history going back as far into your fore fathers beginning as forest species with their dingdong swinging openly between their legs.

Yeye people!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by ImperialYoruba: 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by macof(m): 12:32am On Jan 18, 2019
scholes0:
Impossible. cheesy

i don't know why Bini people forget this so often

2 Likes

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by googi: 1:14am On Jan 18, 2019
macof:
i don't know why Bini people forget this so often

Lie-lie have no memory, no history and no credibility. They make up stories as they go along.

3 Likes

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by macof(m): 1:32am On Jan 18, 2019
googi:

Lie-lie have no memory, no history and no credibility. They make up stories as they go along.
no, actually Bini are very good with their history, its just this Ekiopagha treaty and the origin of the Oba they selecting forget
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by googi: 3:45am On Jan 18, 2019
If that is the case, why are they claiming that Ekederhan that ran to Ughoton and became king that is celebrated up till now, missed his way to Ife?

Actually some centuries after the death of Oduduwa. If that is not a good lie, I wonder what that is.

macof:
no, actually Bini are very good with their history, its just this Ekiopagha treaty and the origin of the Oba they selecting forget

3 Likes

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by macof(m): 11:01pm On Jan 22, 2019
googi:
If that is the case, why are they claiming that Ekederhan that ran to Ughoton and became king that is celebrated up till now, missed his way to Ife?

Actually some centuries after the death of Oduduwa. If that is not a good lie, I wonder what that is.

Well if I asked you too where Odùduwà came from, I have a feeling you would give a wrong answer too, despite being Yoruba yourself. They know yorubas in the majority don't know where Odùduwà is from and use this to their own benefit
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by lawani: 4:25pm On Jan 23, 2019
macof:

Well if I asked you too where Odùduwà came from, I have a feeling you would give a wrong answer too, despite being Yoruba yourself. They know yorubas in the majority don't know where Odùduwà is from and use this to their own benefit
We know Oduduwa described himself as a son or descendant of Nimrod and that is enough
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by googi: 5:45pm On Jan 23, 2019
Regardless of where Oduduwa came from: Oke Ora, Egypt or Ham. The centuries between Ife and Benin is too far for Ekalederah to make sense.

macof:

2 Likes

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by macof(m): 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2019
lawani:
We know Oduduwa described himself as a son or descendant of Nimrod and that is enough

Googi.. Can you see what I'm saying?

Bini know that majority yorubas don't know shii about Odùduwà

They are smart
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by steveosaz(m): 7:44pm On Feb 14, 2019
First of all, this thread was opened by a fool for the exclusive pleasure of idiots. These are people with no sense of history who are basically crude manufacturers of history. One of them made this observation

macof:

To which one of the ignorant fools had this moronic response

lawani:

...and then this completely unfortunate pig who is totally unconcerned about unraveling his chequered history but strangely has an inexplicable interest in the story of others. That's classical Yoruba hypocrisy in action being demonstrated by a yorubastard!

googi:
Regardless of where Oduduwa came from: Oke Ora, Egypt or Ham. The centuries between Ife and Benin is too far for Ekalederah to make sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by macof(m): 12:06am On Feb 15, 2019
steveosaz:
First of all, this thread was opened by a fool for the exclusive pleasure of idiots. These are people with no sense of history who are basically crude manufacturers of history. One of them made this observation

To which one of the ignorant fools had this moronic response

...and then this completely unfortunate pig who is totally unconcerned about unraveling his chequered history but strangely has an inexplicable interest in the story of others. That's classical Yoruba hypocrisy in action being demonstrated by a yorubastard!

Like I've said, you are only using the fact that majority yorubas lack traditional knowledge and don't visit Ifẹ̀
The evidence of Odùduwà's origin is littered in everything that has to do with the man in question... While many of the chiefs still play mystery around it (as is traditional to do so) once you know what you're looking for you will see it clearly in festivals and even the Ọọ̀ni coronation

To conclude... Odùduwà was a native Yoruba man not Edo
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by goalernestman: 12:37am On Feb 15, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

The ancestral origin of Edo culture is Nok civilization. You dey hear me so?

They were second class citizens in that civilization. Igodomingodo was a chiefdom, never even at status of kingdom....much more empire.

Ife on the other hand was the epicenter of NOK. It was from Ife that chiefs are dispatched, with staff of authority, to go rule the forest savages. Edo was one of the savages that harbored the forest.

Let me shut up right now. One of these days Im going to corner a freaking Edo and choke the shege make him vomit his arrogance out.

Yeye people. We go tell where your forefathers came from and who put clothes on their back to teach them how to cover blokos.

British account of west Africa from 14 century to 19 century

1 Share

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by macof(m): 12:32pm On Feb 15, 2019
goalernestman:

British account of west Africa from 14 century to 19 century

1. That's clearly Portuguese not British, the Portuguese seemed to confuse west - east a lot... So if any kingdom of Biafra existed it would have been further west, possibly referring to the Biafada people
2. Biafra isn't even an igbo word nor did such a name exist amongst igbos historically.. If you want to claim Biafra was an ancient igbo kingdom what modern state did this kingdom constitute? Who are the modern descendants of this kingdom? Tell us about this kingdom
3. If huge errors can already be established at first glance, I wonder what other errors are in early European maps
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by goalernestman: 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2019
macof:

1. That's clearly Portuguese not British, the Portuguese seemed to confuse west - east a lot... So if any kingdom of Biafra existed it would have been further west, possibly referring to the Biafada people
2. Biafra isn't even an igbo word nor did such a name exist amongst igbos historically.. If you want to claim Biafra was an ancient igbo kingdom what modern state did this kingdom constitute? Who are the modern descendants of this kingdom? Tell us about this kingdom
3. If huge errors can already be established at first glance, I wonder what other errors are in early European maps

do you see igbo in what i post. in European record of west Africa there was no igbo or yoruba, only
1 Dahomey present day Benin
2 Benin who have bight of benin named to a ocean that flows below it, present day Nigeria
3 biafra present day Cameroon.
note i never mention igbo kingdom
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by macof(m): 4:55pm On Feb 15, 2019
goalernestman:

do you see igbo in what i post. in European record of west Africa there was no igbo or yoruba, only
1 Dahomey present day Benin
2 Benin who have bight of benin named to a ocean that flows below it, present day Nigeria
3 biafra present day Cameroon.
note i never mention igbo kingdom
My point was there is no historical biafra in that part of africa. And that already establishes a huge error in the map.
Not in Igboland nor in modern Cameroon
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by goalernestman: 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2019
macof:
My point was there is no historical biafra in that part of africa. And that already establishes a huge error in the map.
Not in Igboland nor in modern Cameroon

there was no biafra and they were bight of biafra, if there was no biafra was kingdom was there in present day Cameroon from 1400 years to 1900 years ago. europen first came to west africa in 14th century meaning 1400 years ago and they meet Ghana Dahomey Benin biafra. if this kingdom is not what they meet why not bring your fact.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by macof(m): 1:18am On Feb 16, 2019
goalernestman:

there was no biafra and they were bight of biafra, if there was no biafra was kingdom was there in present day Cameroon from 1400 years to 1900 years ago. europen first came to west africa in 14th century meaning 1400 years ago and they meet Ghana Dahomey Benin biafra. if this kingdom is not what they meet why not bring your fact.
Ehn it is because there is no evidence of a Biafra. There's absolutely no fact to be brought
European maps are not authorities on African history, they were full of errors and non existing kingdoms while omitting existing ones
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by goalernestman: 1:15pm On Feb 16, 2019
macof:

Ehn it is because there is no evidence of a Biafra. There's absolutely no fact to be brought
European maps are not authorities on African history, they were full of errors and non existing kingdoms while omitting existing ones

but when they came to Nigeria they saw benin make an agreement with benin give them control over the south west east of Nigeria the only kingdom benin could not give them control over was dahomey because it was another kingdom of it own, they traded with benin Nigeria then in 400 years. i can give u evidence of this.

the first place they visited in nigeria was calaba who direct them to [ nigeria city benin benin then] oba of benin telling them is the emperor of Nigeria benin then in 14th century. they came to meet oba ewara who was recorded by Portuguese and benin as the first king of nigeria to meet the European
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by macof(m): 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2019
goalernestman:

but when they came to Nigeria they saw benin make an agreement with benin give them control over the south west east of Nigeria the only kingdom benin could not give them control over was dahomey because it was another kingdom of it own, they traded with benin Nigeria then in 400 years. i can give u evidence of this.

the first place they visited in nigeria was calaba who direct them to [ nigeria city benin benin then] oba of benin telling them is the emperor of Nigeria benin then in 14th century. they came to meet oba ewara who was recorded by Portuguese and benin as the first king of nigeria to meet the European
Please give the evidence then
cus right now it is quite an interesting thing you are making up here

Never have i read of Calabar being the first place in Nigeria visited by Europeans, can you provide your source to that? and when the Omonoba was ever referred to as emperor of Nigeria grin one would think Nigeria was a colonial creation, i didn't know Oba Ewuare was already emperor of Nigeria cheesy
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by goalernestman: 2:58am On Feb 17, 2019
macof:

Never have i read of Calabar being the first place in Nigeria visited by Europeans, can you provide your source to that? and when the Omonoba was ever referred to as emperor of Nigeria grin one would think Nigeria was a colonial creation, i didn't know Oba Ewuare was already emperor of Nigeria cheesy

Portuguese traders were said to be the first set of explorers that found Calabar as a safe haven for commercial activities. Their arrival which later attracted other European explorers, brought about the commercial and religious boom that brought Calabar to fame.

The old Residency building

Mudiaga Affe

Calabar, the capital of Cross River State in today’s 21st century Nigeria was before 1914 the capital of the Southern Protectorate. It lost the status to Lagos when the southern and northern protectorates were merged to become what is today known as Nigeria.

Despite losing the status over 100 years ago, relics and tales of a former capital still abound in the ‘Paradise City’.

One of the most prominent edifices that will remind any tourist of the city as a capital city is the ‘Old Residency’, otherwise known as ‘Government House’ which has now become a national monument.

The Old Residency building, originally known as ‘Government House’ was fabricated in Britain in 1884 and erected at old Calabar to accommodate British administration of the Niger Coast Territories.

The edifice, which was renovated in 1986 by the National Museum and Monument, was declared a national monument (No. 20) in 1959. It was the seat of the Oil Rivers and Niger Coast Protectorates and the Protectorate of Southern Nigeria (after 1914) of the resident of the old Calabar province.

In the 1950s, the building served as a ministerial guest house and after the Nigerian civil war, it accommodated the then South Eastern State of Nigeria.

Portuguese traders were said to be the first set of explorers that found Calabar as a safe haven for commercial activities. Their arrival which later attracted other European explorers, brought about the commercial and religious boom that brought Calabar to fame.

While the commercial aspect of the European exploration may have gone into extinction following dilapidated buildings of United African Company, John Holt, Yamaha, among others that are scattered around the Bay Side axis of Calabar, the religious facet has survived for over a century with exponential expansion.

During the era of slave trade, the Calabar waterways was a major exporting route used by the European traders. It is on record that out of the 2, 579, 400 slaves that were traded out of Africa between 1690 and 1807, about 31.1 per cent of them emanated from bight of benin Calabar

and also recorded that the first visit of the European to Nigeria was in calaba in 1486 AD, and the first king that sign agreement for them to enable them trade with ss se sw nigeria was oba eware.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by goalernestman: 3:03am On Feb 17, 2019
macof:

The Powerful Kingdom in Nigeria and first Empire recognized by foreign traders was (Ubini) Edo Kingdom. The Edo King captured many towns such as Eko which is now Lagos and also captured Ijebu and Edo Kingdom was stretched from Ijebu and Lagos to Republic of Darhomey which is now change to Republic of Benin. Respect for the priestly functions of the Oni of Ife was a crucial factor in the evolution of Yoruba ethnicity. The Ife model of government was adept and derived its military strength from its cavalry forces, which established hegemony over the adjacent Nupe and the Borgu kingdoms and thereby developed trade routes farther to the north.

Edoland established a community in the Yoruba-speaking area east of Ubini before becoming a dependency of Benin Kingdom at the beginning of the 14th century. By the 15th century it became an independent trading power, blocking Ife's access to the coastal ports as Oyo had cut off the mother city from the savanna. Political and religious authority resided in the oba (king) who according to tradition was descended from the Ogiso dynasty in Benin Kingdom. Benin, which may have housed much inhabitants at its height, spread over large square km that were enclosed by concentric rings of earthworks. By the late 15th century Edo Kingdom was in contact with Portugal who discovered an Empire of great men with civilization and resources (palm oil, ivory, cotton etc.) which was traded through a trade of import and export of natural resources which has been part of Edo culture. At its apogee in the 16th and 17th centuries, Edo encompassed parts of southeastern Yorubaland,and the western parts of the present Delta State.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Weedfree: 1:19pm On Feb 17, 2019
goalernestman:

The Powerful Kingdom in Nigeria and first Empire recognized by foreign traders was (Ubini) Edo Kingdom. The Edo King captured many towns such as Eko which is now Lagos and also captured Ijebu and Edo Kingdom was stretched from Ijebu and Lagos to Republic of Darhomey which is now change to Republic of Benin. Respect for the priestly functions of the Oni of Ife was a crucial factor in the evolution of Yoruba ethnicity. The Ife model of government was adept and derived its military strength from its cavalry forces, which established hegemony over the adjacent Nupe and the Borgu kingdoms and thereby developed trade routes farther to the north.

Edoland established a community in the Yoruba-speaking area east of Ubini before becoming a dependency of Benin Kingdom at the beginning of the 14th century. By the 15th century it became an independent trading power, blocking Ife's access to the coastal ports as Oyo had cut off the mother city from the savanna. Political and religious authority resided in the oba (king) who according to tradition was descended from the Ogiso dynasty in Benin Kingdom. Benin, which may have housed much inhabitants at its height, spread over large square km that were enclosed by concentric rings of earthworks. By the late 15th century Edo Kingdom was in contact with Portugal who discovered an Empire of great men with civilization and resources (palm oil, ivory, cotton etc.) which was traded through a trade of import and export of natural resources which has been part of Edo culture. At its apogee in the 16th and 17th centuries, Edo encompassed parts of southeastern Yorubaland,and the western parts of the present Delta State.

That's it man u never listen how many times do I have to tell u that Benin kingdom never conquered ijebu kingdom. If u bother to check records u would know that ijebu kingdom was never conquered by any kingdom and during that time after oyo empire the second most powerful kingdom is ijebu kingdom. Since u said oyo empire didn't exist won't that make ijebu kingdom the most powerful kingdom get u facts straight next time.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by macof(m): 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2019
goalernestman:

The old Residency building

Mudiaga Affe

Calabar, the capital of Cross River State in today’s 21st century Nigeria was before 1914 the capital of the Southern Protectorate. It lost the status to Lagos when the southern and northern protectorates were merged to become what is today known as Nigeria.

Despite losing the status over 100 years ago, relics and tales of a former capital still abound in the ‘Paradise City’.

One of the most prominent edifices that will remind any tourist of the city as a capital city is the ‘Old Residency’, otherwise known as ‘Government House’ which has now become a national monument.

The Old Residency building, originally known as ‘Government House’ was fabricated in Britain in 1884 and erected at old Calabar to accommodate British administration of the Niger Coast Territories.

The edifice, which was renovated in 1986 by the National Museum and Monument, was declared a national monument (No. 20) in 1959. It was the seat of the Oil Rivers and Niger Coast Protectorates and the Protectorate of Southern Nigeria (after 1914) of the resident of the old Calabar province.

In the 1950s, the building served as a ministerial guest house and after the Nigerian civil war, it accommodated the then South Eastern State of Nigeria.

While the commercial aspect of the European exploration may have gone into extinction following dilapidated buildings of United African Company, John Holt, Yamaha, among others that are scattered around the Bay Side axis of Calabar, the religious facet has survived for over a century with exponential expansion.

During the era of slave trade, the Calabar waterways was a major exporting route used by the European traders. It is on record that out of the 2, 579, 400 slaves that were traded out of Africa between 1690 and 1807, about 31.1 per cent of them emanated from bight of benin Calabar

and also recorded that the first visit of the European to Nigeria was in calaba in 1486 AD, and the first king that sign agreement for them to enable them trade with ss se sw nigeria was oba eware .
cheesy grin OK
All kinds of minds on nairaland

British occupation and colonial activities have nothing to do with the issue of European first visit, neither does the Transatlantic slave trade
I'm genuinely interested in your source of calabar being the first place visited by the Portuguese

You see the emboldened part?
1. Provide a reliable source on this 1486 dated visit to calabar
2. Lagos was already visited in 1472 and written about in some detail by the Portuguese
https://afrolegends.com/2015/01/14/why-the-name-lagos/
As at this time Eko as a kingdom wasn't even established

3. According to how well the ọba of benin kinglist has been dated 1486 was during the reign of Ọba Ozolua, and would be nice to have your source on this treaty
4. SS, SW, SE Nigeria in 1486

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Phat/chunky/big Girls / Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne / Why Aren't Women Allowed To Build Houses Or Own Property?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.