Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency (12977 Views)

Orezi Speaks On Losing His N300M House To Fire( Video) / “You Are An Idiot” — Dammy Krane Blasts Orezi Over His Hairstyle Comment / Orezi Rocks New Hairstyle, Warns Nigerian Artistes Not To Copy It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Lekzy360: 7:54am On Jan 12, 2019
Orezi who faced severe backlash few days ago for allegedly burning the N1,000 note in a new photo, has denied burning the Nigerian currency.

Orezi who released the picture to promote his new music, Born Broke Die Rich, was slammed by social media users who felt it was disrespectful to Nigeria and the country’s legal tender. However Orezi who denied burning the Nigerian currency in a new interview with Saturday Beats, said it was an edited picture.

“I never burnt the N1,000 note like people thought, it was just graphics; an edited picture. I did not burn the Nigerian currency. If you look at the picture, you would see that the fire almost got to my eyes. If it were real, I would not have been able to withstand the heat. I cannot allow fire to burn my eyes because I want to take a picture. I replied some comments when people were criticising me because of the picture.

“I told them that it was an artistic paper and I did not burn the Nigerian currency. Why would I burn money to promote my music? A lot of my fans also tried to explain to those that were abusing me that it was an edited picture, but they would not listen. Some people went as far as saying that they would arrest me because it is against the law, but I did not burn the money. It is not everything that you can explain to people; sometimes you just have to keep quiet” he said.

Source: https://www.gistkit.com/entertainment/orezi-denies-burning-the-nigerian-currency/

Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Vulcanheph(m): 7:57am On Jan 12, 2019
Space booked
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by sparog(m): 8:01am On Jan 12, 2019
cheesy

Idiot wanted to trend so he did what he tot would make him trend

Artistic paper or not
Keep quite my friend

Do music and leave controversy alone

6 Likes

Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Naijaguy12345(m): 8:01am On Jan 12, 2019
Let the money burn, the currency is worthless already. 10 years ago you can list few things you can buy with 5 naira (pure water, chewing stick, public toilet etc) now that 5 naira is of no value in Nigeria currency.

Did you know how many times I saw 5, 10 naira on the road and I walk past it ? That means our currency is worthless.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by adekanmbi1986(m): 8:01am On Jan 12, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Foreigners: 8:02am On Jan 12, 2019
Shatap there. Don't try to give excuses for ur stupidity. Weather graphics editing or not You burn the currency period. Nonsense

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Lanry1(m): 8:03am On Jan 12, 2019
who cares! as far as it is his money
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:03am On Jan 12, 2019
Of all the kind of picture you can edit in the world,
You rather chose to burn a currency!
That is what people are talking about, not if it burn all your face or beards.
Stop being silly Orezi......and now you want to be a liar!
See him trying to #saveface!
We still love your music sha!
Just stop being silly!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Lekzy360: 8:03am On Jan 12, 2019
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by NOC1(m): 8:03am On Jan 12, 2019
Hahahaha
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 12, 2019
Edited picture or not, it doesn't speak well...

1 Like

Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by SEONaijaExpert: 8:03am On Jan 12, 2019
So irrelevant.

He wanted to trend and he got it.
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by jackyraw09: 8:03am On Jan 12, 2019
hypocrites. they won't burn 1k naira but will stake 100k on a bet 9ja game, carry olosho with 20k, spend thousands on drugs and alcohol
and when called out will answer "is it your money?" - while i don't approve of wasting money in any form, i still believe how we choose to "spend"
or "waste" our money is a choice to be made by us.

you owe no one this much explanation, orezi my man.

*playing shuperu by orezi* aaaye o pe meji, jeje mon she faaji, marope to reni oda, oluwa ni nshola....

8 Likes

Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Jerryembassy91(m): 8:03am On Jan 12, 2019
Lairs association of Naija....
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by pfadom: 8:04am On Jan 12, 2019
He only burned a coloured photocopy of N1000 note.
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Knox123(m): 8:04am On Jan 12, 2019
And the song never blow cry

1 Like

Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Badonasty(m): 8:04am On Jan 12, 2019
Lekzy360:
Orezi who faced severe backlash few days ago for allegedly burning the N1,000 note in a new photo, has denied burning the Nigerian currency.

Orezi who released the picture to promote his new music, Born Broke Die Rich, was slammed by social media users who felt it was disrespectful to Nigeria and the country’s legal tender. However Orezi who denied burning the Nigerian currency in a new interview with Saturday Beats, said it was an edited picture.

“I never burnt the N1,000 note like people thought, it was just graphics; an edited picture. I did not burn the Nigerian currency. If you look at the picture, you would see that the fire almost got to my eyes. If it were real, I would not have been able to withstand the heat. I cannot allow fire to burn my eyes because I want to take a picture. I replied some comments when people were criticising me because of the picture.

“I told them that it was an artistic paper and I did not burn the Nigerian currency. Why would I burn money to promote my music? A lot of my fans also tried to explain to those that were abusing me that it was an edited picture, but they would not listen. Some people went as far as saying that they would arrest me because it is against the law, but I did not burn the money. It is not everything that you can explain to people; sometimes you just have to keep quiet” he said.

Source: https://www.gistkit.com/entertainment/orezi-denies-burning-the-nigerian-currency/

people must talk
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Authoreety: 8:04am On Jan 12, 2019
The whole show backfired
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by nnaeyes6: 8:05am On Jan 12, 2019
Hmmmm this money u people are burning, some people are feeding from it o. Stop shaking that table o
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by BB9ja007: 8:05am On Jan 12, 2019
We don’t care if is true or not all we know is the picture is very wrong. because of this picz one kid will burn a real note.
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by nnaeyes6: 8:05am On Jan 12, 2019
Hmmmm this money u people are burning, some people are feeding from it o. Stop shaking that table o
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by jamaicabakare(m): 8:05am On Jan 12, 2019
D
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by OBTMOS(m): 8:05am On Jan 12, 2019
Whether artistic or not, it's disrespectful and not good
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Pavore9: 8:06am On Jan 12, 2019
The projected impression that it is okay to burn the note, ropes him in. When the police picks him up, he should tell them it is artistic!
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Horlarmie199(m): 8:07am On Jan 12, 2019
just a cover up,its not an artistic paper at all

1 Like

Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 12, 2019
Its a crime punishable by law to burn a country's currency.
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Pekele007: 8:08am On Jan 12, 2019
sparog:
cheesy
Idiot wanted to trend so he did what he tot would make him trend
Artistic paper or not Keep quite my friend
Do music and leave controversy alone
shut up cos controversy makes music sell.

study davido
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by kerzhim(m): 8:10am On Jan 12, 2019
The idea in the first place was so disrespective.
Re: Orezi Denies Burning The Nigerian Currency by Gracespecial101(m): 8:10am On Jan 12, 2019
Our Note Our Pride

But note way no get power is that one note??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rahama Or Umuani? / Falz Giving Out N1 Million To Support Any Creative Idea (Video) / Rare Pic Of Late Actor, Muna Obiekwe In His Casket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.