Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

Ten Questions I Have For Christians - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Questions I Have For Christians (17852 Views)

Questions I Have About The Existence Of A Creator God / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Ten Questions For Atheists And Agnostics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Show me proof. Asking me to research this seems like a cheap cop out to me. No offense.

Go and download a book entitled "Mankind Search For God". Speaking about all the major religion in the world is a search that will take a long time. I did make such research in the past. I tell you that it is best you do such research yourself. But that book is a better start.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2019
JMAN05:

Go and download a book entitled "Mankind Search For God". Speaking about all the major religion in the world is a search that will take a long time. I did make such research in the past. I tell you that it is best you do such research yourself. But that book is a better start.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa nah Jehovah's Witnesses publication,so that's foul play!
But it's exactly the strongest publication of all times, in fact after reading it i decided to scrutinize ONLY JWs to know more about them and today i'm one of JWs! wink wink wink

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2019
JMAN05:

SMH. I should download a book?
Fine. In that case, since we're reading books now, I'll ask you to download "God The Failed Hypothesis" and "God Is Not Great".
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Fine. In that case, since we're reading books now, I'll ask you to download "God The Failed Hypothesis" and "God Is Not Great".

Kalam cosmology disproves those books. You can explore that too. It is a logical prove of a supernatural using scientific theories.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 16, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Hi Sabrine,I've sent you an email.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 16, 2019
JMAN05:

Kalam cosmology disproves those books. You can explore that too. It is a logical prove of a supernatural using scientific theories.
grin grin The Kalam cosmological argument is garbage. The argument basically goes like this:
*Everything that begins to exist has a cause.
*The universe began to exist.
*Therefore, the universe must have a cause.
*And so follows the timeless god that created the universe
This premise is terribly flawed. Here's why,

1. Everything that begins to exist has a cause
This claim needs evidence to support it

2. The universe began to exist
So does this claim. The Big Bang may or may not be the beginning of the universe and the very word beginning may not be very well suited in the absence of time anyhow.

3. Therefore the universe must have a cause
Provided you assume both the premises which there is no reason to, yes that would be correct.

4. And so follows the timeless god that created the universe
No, that doesn't follow. A "cause" isn't necessarily a "timeless god" and generally the term "god" is associated with a form of sentience or at least intent which certainly doesn't follow. I also don't understand why so many people assume the universe had a beginning, even before the "big bang" everything was a singularity. At least as I understand it.
I'd advise you to check this link out:
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Kalam

If you want to watch/listen to a 2 hour debate, where religious apologist William Lane Craig gets absolutely trashed for using this flawed argument, you should watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKDCZHimElQ

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

grin grin The Kalam cosmological argument is garbage. The argument basically goes like this:
*Everything that begins to exist has a cause.
*The universe began to exist.
*Therefore, the universe must have a cause.
*And so follows the timeless god that created the universe
This premise is terribly flawed. Here's why,

1. Everything that begins to exist has a cause
This claim needs evidence to support it

2. The universe began to exist
So does this claim. The Big Bang may or may not be the beginning of the universe and the very word beginning may not be very well suited in the absence of time anyhow.

3. Therefore the universe must have a cause
Provided you assume both the premises which there is no reason to, yes that would be correct.

4. And so follows the timeless god that created the universe
No, that doesn't follow. A "cause" isn't necessarily a "timeless god" and generally the term "god" is associated with a form of sentience or at least intent which certainly doesn't follow. I also don't understand why so many people assume the universe had a beginning, even before the "big bang" everything was a singularity. At least as I understand it.
I'd advise you to check this link out:
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Kalam
'The Universe' is what we call everything we can observe.
I call it a Form of Existence.
"Universe" is not a word that can actually name what we call 'Everything' since we don't always agree on what we actually mean by "Everything".
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
HellVictorinho:

'The Universe' is what we call everything we can observe.
I call it a Form of Existence.
"Universe" is not a word that can actually name what we call 'Everything' since we don't always agree on what we actually mean by "Everything".
Check your email again smiley
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Martinez19(m): 10:24pm On Jan 16, 2019
JMAN05:

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by sonmvayina(m): 11:09pm On Jan 16, 2019
godwinstringed1:

You are immature to understand that no one can win an argument. You will continue to argue in vain. If you win the talk, that doesn't mean the other party supports it. Meaning you can't win any argument!

Why are you so stubborn to return to your creator, who created you?
Have you ever given a thought to the fact that she might just be one version of the creator trying to experience her creation as a human being...
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Delta State

Springfield, Massachusetts

Nah, I was born in Nigeria. I did college in the US and I've remained since

Its alright. No problem smiley
Am also from delta.....hugs
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
Michellekabod1:

Am also from delta.....hugs
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by MJBOLT: 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Fossil: 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
luvmijeje:

XxSabrinaxX, before I answer your questions, let me state clearly that I'm not a Christian but I believe so much in God.

There's different between being religion and being spiritual. Religion is serving God via keeping the laws of man while spirituality is serving God without the laws of man. Religion is man-made while spirituality is not. Religion is following the ways of others while spirituality is following your own way. Religion defines God but spirituality defines you. Religion limits God but spirituality explodes Him. Religion is a tool of control but spirituality is a tool of discovery. Religion crushes your mind but spirituality explodes your mind. Religion is limited but spirituality is limitless.

Since I'm not religious, I won't be able to answer your questions.

Different kind of people!
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Fossil: 8:36pm On Jan 17, 2019
sonmvayina:

God is divine consciousness... Except you say consciousness does not exist... Then that's OK too

Abeg where do you guys get all this views from...?

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by sonmvayina(m): 8:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
Fossil:

Abeg where do you guys get all this views from...?

From the Tanakh I. E the old testament....
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by pressplay411(m): 9:04pm On Jan 17, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:
I posted these questions to one of the threads under the religious forum. But I found these questions interesting and I decided to dedicate a thread to answering these questions. Some of these questions are questions that have haunted me way back when I was still a christian:

* Why does geography seem to have far more to do with one's religious choice than actual free will?
* How can you say God loves and cares about everyone if some people suffer while others prosper?
* Even if we assume that one particular religion is true, doesn't the existence of many religions at least prove that mankind likes to make up religious stories, and that people have a tendency to believe them? How do you know yours isn't one of those?
* If everyone actually believes in the Christian god, why would highly religious non-Christians purposefully following the wrong religion, especially when that religion is more strict or just as strict as any sect of Christianity?
* If Adam and Eve only knew good and evil after eating the fruit, then why did God assume when he told them not to eat it that they knew it was "wrong"?
* Why do we inherit sin from our ancestors, but salvation has to be an individual choice?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why do you need to pray to him?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why does he need to test us?
* If god is omnibenevolent, (All Loving) why did he create evil? In Isaiah 45:7 the scripture reads as follows: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
* Please explain the difference between a "Claim" and "Evidence" and after doing so, please show me the evidence for your god.

P.S I want to appeal now before its too late. If you're a christian and the only thing you're going to do in this thread is hurl insults, I'd advise you to reconsider and stay away from this thread. Lets try our best to keep a civil argument

Cc. Seun, OAM4J, Mynd44, budaatum, LordReed, HellVictorinho, Ihedinobi3, solite3, TATIME wink, Originakalokalo, TheArranger, HellVictorinho, Janettee, adoyi8, Vic2Ree, CAPSLOCKED, Dantedasz, Martinez19, Rebekkah, Michellekabod1, Ubenedictus, MJBOLT, HardMirror, RuthlessLeader, tintingz, bloodofthelamb, frosbel2, jesusjnr, luvmijeje, finalboss, Mobilia, frank317, HopefulLandlord, Ranchhoddas, OtemAtum, vaxx, MhizAngel99, GospelAkede, elknice, lightblazingnow, CreepyBlackpool, 9inches, PastorAIO
Shelumiel, you're free to come and discuss too smiley

Good questions.
I can't wait for the day you yourself will have the answers.
A curious mind is a beautiful thing to God.
It leads to the Truth.
And Christ is the Truth, The Way and The Life. He'll tell you all there's is to know about God.

I could give you some answers but it will only lead to further arguments. You can only experience it for yourself as you choose to know and understand who Christ is.
Grace and Wisdom to you.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by pressplay411(m): 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2019
JMAN05:

This book though.
It will either make you an atheist or a strong believer.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Martinez19(m): 10:54am On Jan 18, 2019
Fossil:

Different kind of people!
You sent me a message and I have replied.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Ihedinobi3: 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Its common sense. Moreover I've explained it over and over in other threads.
Since I don't typically spend time reading all your posts, having other things to do, perhaps you should link a sample post where you explained. As for it being common sense, atheists and Christians almost never agree on what is common sense, since the fundamental assumptions of both worldviews are radically opposed to each other.

XxSabrinaxX:
If freewill were possible, yes.
Very well then.

XxSabrinaxX:
As I understand it, Determinism (which I take to be Causal Determinism) posits that all activity in the universe is both (i) the effect of all prior activity, and (ii) the only activity that can occur given the prior activity. That is what is meant by saying that everything is “determined” — it is the inexorable consequence of activity that preceded it. In a deterministic universe, everything that has ever occurred, is occurring, and will occur since the universe came into existence (however that might have occurred) can only occur exactly as it has occurred, is occurring, or will occur, and cannot possibly occur in any different manner. This mandated activity necessarily includes all human action, including all human cognition.
As I understand the notion of Free Will, it posits that a human being, when presented with more than one course of action, has the freedom or agency to choose between or among the alternatives, and that the state of affairs that exists in the universe immediately prior to the putative exercise of that freedom of choice does not eliminate all but one option and compel the selection of only one of the available options.
Based on the foregoing, if Determinism is true, human beings lack the ability to think in a manner that is not 100% caused by prior activity that is outside of their control, and thereby lack Free Will. By the same token, if human beings have Free-Will, they are capable of thinking in a manner that is not 100% caused by prior activity that is outside of their control, which rules out Determinism.
As I understand the two concepts, Determinism and Free Will are irreconcilably incompatible. Hence, I still fail to understand how humans can be punished by God for actions they have no control over.
Christianity does not hold the philosophical position of Determinism. It holds Predestination.

In that latter, God creates the Universe along with different possible ways it could exist. That is, once moral creatures came into existence, God created multiple possibilities for how the Universe will be depending on the choices they made. In fact, these possibilities are the options from which each individual moral creature must choose. If they decide to submit to Him, then the Universe "looks" a certain way in response to that choice. If they choose to rebel, then it looks another.

However, even though these multiple possibilities are absolutely genuine and real, God knows precisely how each moral creature will choose and therefore designs the Universe leading up to that choice in a way to make that choice actually possible. If He did not, the creature in question would be forced to make a choice they really didn't want to.

It should be obvious how this is completely different from Determinism. Although moral creatures cannot make a choice unless God decrees that choice so that it is fixed in creature history, no moral creature has ever been forced to make a choice that they didn't want to make. The options they have are absolutely real. As easily as one moral creature chooses to submit to God, they could also choose to rebel and vice versa. It is their true choice which God decrees, not an arbitrary path chosen for them completely independent of their true desires.

XxSabrinaxX:
I read books and I do my research.
I respect that but I am asking because if I make my defense, I will give similar proofs that you do. I would be quite content to say that "I read books and I do my research" too because, in fact, I do.

All the books and research out there do not necessarily agree with each other and not all of them are credible authorities.

XxSabrinaxX:
Are you admitting that Jesus is responsible for this discord? Besides, why can't an allpowerful being effectively enforce peace if he wanted to?
That is a very interesting conclusion to draw from what I said since in fact I said that it is those who reject the Peace that Jesus Christ worked out for human beings that are hostile to those who accept it. In other words, the hostility is purely from those who don't want to quit their rebellion and turn their animosity toward God on those who choose to quit their own. Why is that Jesus Christ's fault? Should He not have made it possible for rebels who wish to be reconciled to God to in fact be so reconciled?

The All-powerful God was pleased instead to turn His Great Power toward making it truly possible for creatures to decide whether they wanted peace with Him or not. That is the point of having moral creatures after all.

XxSabrinaxX:
I remember vaguely reading articles that the letters to the Corinthians might be "sewn together" from multiple letters and ultimately re-written, but I don't remember the arguments well. I'll keep trying to find those articles.
However, my point still stands on the fact that Paul was an advocate for equality in the church.
https://margmowczko.com/equality-in-pauls-letters/

And as for those claims, it'd be important to know that Paul's authorship of the pastoral epistles (1st Timothy, 2nd Timothy, Titus) isn't really aunthetic. I suggest reading this wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Pauline_epistles
There's a high possibility he didn't write those passages you brought up.
Let me see if I understand you correctly:

With the possibility of eternal condemnation staring you in the face, you chose to believe that parts of the Bible are unreliable on the authority of sources you vaguely remember? And you not only mock Christians but you also actively attack them for continuing to believe the Bible because they do not choose to believe these vaguely remembered sources of yours? Even if you could remember these sources, why on earth should anyone who cares about their eternal destiny believe them rather than the Bible they have in their own hands?

Your claims do not stand at all. Not unless your sources are right. And how can we know that they are? First we have to know them and next we have to establish their authority, do we not?

Without recourse to your link, there is no doubt that Salvation and eternal rewards do not discriminate between male and female or even Jew and Gentile etc. These are different matters entirely from spiritual gifting.

In the Church, only men (and very few of them at that) are gifted with pastor-teaching gifts today. During the time of the Apostles too, before the New Testament was completed, only men were allowed to lead the Church doctrinally with the gifts of prophecy and special-revelation teaching (which is what the gift of pastor-teacher today does with the help of the completed Bible). (Even so, not a single man lacking these gifts has any more right than any woman to lead the Church doctrinally. So, it is not merely a gender issue, it is also a spiritual gifting issue.)

Women who possessed such gifts were to use them in contexts where they did not exercise spiritual authority over men. That did not mean that they could not teach men, of course. Priscilla, together with Aquila her husband, taught Apollos more correctly the Truth about Jesus Christ. But, as you can see from that example, her husband was part of that process. And the example in 1 Corinthians was supposed to make sure that women who were prophesying or praying in the assembly did so with full recognition of their place in the Church relative to men. That was what the reference to their hair was about.

Of course I don't believe that the pastoral epistles are not authentic. Why should I believe such a thing on the strength of a Wikipedia article? Even so, the Wikipedia article states that this is far from a unanimous decision on the part of scholars. If it is not, why is it not? If we insist on a democratic point of view (apparently the undertone of the article) so that if "most scholars" reject some epistles as being truly Pauline then so should we, would that work with, for example, scientific history? How many times has the minor position been justified after being initially rejected by the majority in science much less an imprecise situation like historical research?

It is a question of what one really wants to believe. If you want to believe what is actually true, read the Bible honestly and note what problems you believe are there and test out those questions on well-prepared Bible teachers. Otherwise, you will never lack for excuses to reject faith in what the Bible says even when you believe far less credible authorities.

XxSabrinaxX:
I suppose you're making an analogy here between mankind and Satan. But didn't God create Satan himself?
No analogy. Those were common sense statements that I believe that any decent human being would agree with. But you may disagree. If you do, then I clearly cannot make sense in any answer I give to you. If you agree, however, then perhaps we can discuss the matter meaningfully.

XxSabrinaxX:
If God is supposedly against inbreeding in the bible, why did he indirectly cause it after the Noah Ark incident?
First of all, God is Sovereign over Creation. It is He Who decides what is right and wrong. If He decides that something is right in one context and wrong in another, by definition He is completely within His rights to do so.

From Adam and Eve right up to the Mosaic Law, marrying one's relatives and breeding with them was allowed by God. My guess is that this was because of a special allowance He made in human biology to allow the human race to reproduce itself without genetic damage. After a critical mass had reached, there was enough biological distance between people for them to no longer need to marry within their close relatives. That was when God prohibited such relationships moving forward. I don't see what is inconsistent or wrong in any way with that.

XxSabrinaxX:
Can YOU demonstrate that God and Satan weren't basically betting on Job abandoning his faith? Also I've said enough about the concepts of freewill and determinism. You should know where I'm coming from by now
When I cut atheists some slack, I would answer this question with or without pointing out that they made a claim and were responsible to prove it, so I am not responsible to demonstrate the opposite of the claim in order to help them prove their point.

But you and I are having a formal debate now and I am holding you to the standards of that type of debate. So, I won't make your arguments for you. If you make a claim, it is your responsibility to prove it. If you cannot, it would be both wise and honest of you to withdraw the claim.

But, of course, I can prove that they were not. But I wasn't the one claiming anything here.

Yes, I know your position on free will (and I have responded to it above) but it does not demonstrate the contradiction between God's testing of moral creatures and His Love, Justice, Mercy and Compassion. It merely assumes that no such testing occurs since there are no moral creatures at all. So, your claim here that there is a contradiction is really unfounded.

XxSabrinaxX:
I just summarized God's plan to the best of my knowledge. Stop asking me to demonstrate. Address my statements and prove them wrong.
All right.

So... no matter how well I live my life, despite all the good deeds I perform, I'm still going to hell. But if someone is immoral in all his/her ways, and consistently does bad deeds, he/she's going to heaven just because he/she believes that a cosmic jewish zombie who was his own father can make you eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree....?" - XxSabrinaxX (https://www.nairaland.com/4934371/hell-truly-exists-then-god/8#74595458)

"That part I underlined in your argument is a straw man. The Bible teaches nothing like that at all. But perhaps you have some reason for believing that it does? If you do, I'll listen...

...God is One Being, yes, but in Three Distinct Persons. The Father is One. The Word Who later became the Son also known as Jesus Christ is Another. The Holy Spirit is yet Another. It may seem incredulous, but God is of necessity different from Creation so it is not weird that He should exist in a way that simply leaves us confused. He is not like us at all.

It was The Word Who had a body created for Him and Who sacrificed Himself on the Cross to appease the Father for the sins of all human beings who have ever lived or will ever live. This is a completely different picture than the one you painted."
- Ihedinobi3 (https://www.nairaland.com/4934371/hell-truly-exists-then-god/8#74598733)

Clearly, you have heard the correct Christian position at least once and yet you misrepresented it here again. That only means that you are being dishonest and have no interest in any possibility of the Christian position being true at all.

XxSabrinaxX:
I'll rebut the rest later so don't respond yet. I have places to be.
It's nearly a full week now and I figured that you may be done with the conversation since you appear to have moved on to other matters, so this response is just to set the records straight. If you decide to continue, I will answer as long as I am available to. If not, well, this is my answer to your last arguments.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by HardGuyHardGuy: 10:32am On Jan 22, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

NO. BUT I CAN TWERK.
My guy grin grin grin
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by hahn(m): 11:35am On Jan 22, 2019
frosbel2:
Christians have been thoroughly trashed on this forum by you guys, well done.

Even the apologists have fled the scene !

Even you had to abandon the religion

4 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 24, 2019
The age-old debate about God.

Methinks this argument can never really end in any reasonable conclusion.

Man can never truly understand God/First Cause/Existence. Only the deep can understand the deep. Only God can understand itself.

In spite of all the lies, half-truths, and contradictory beliefs in religion about God, or the facile approach of atheists to this kind of issue, attributing the design of complex and intelligent natural systems (man, planets, galaxies, etc.) to chance and/or evolution is simply irrational.

(At least, considering the shortcomings of the evolution theories.)

The simple fact is, an intelligent design requires and points to the existence of an intelligent maker.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 24, 2019
gensteejay:
The age-old debate God.

Methinks this argument can never really end in any reasonable conclusion.

Man can never truly understand God/First Cause/Existence. Only the deep can understand the deep. Only God can understand itself.

In spite of all the lies, half-truths, and contradictory beliefs in religion about God, or the facile approach of atheists to this kind of issue, attributing the design of complex and intelligent natural systems (man, planets, galaxies, etc.) to chance and/or evolution is simply irrational.

(At least, considering the shortcomings of the evolution theories.)

The simple fact is, an intelligent design requires and points to the existence of an intelligent maker.
Attributing it to a deity is equally irrational given that there is no way to prove the supernatural.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 24, 2019
hahn:

Even you had to abandon the religion

Christians are not to command allegiance Sir,unlike what ATHEISTS who are formerly Churchgoers were taught in the Churches!
Christianity is for simple presentation of a PERFECT way of life which if carefully considered SHOULD be unexceptional. If the listener accept it,we're to teach them other necessary things but if they reject or ignore, we're to switch swiftly to the next person. So it's unlike ATHEISM where there is NO standard at all as every individual is meant to map out his/her own standard amidst billions of intelligent creatures all having different likeness and hobbies! undecided undecided undecided
So while ATHEISTS are meant to argue and argue with no certainty of agreeing on standards, CHRISTIANS have a ROLE MODEL (Jesus of Nazareth) therefore we are to LEAVE those who just feel like arguing alone to sort out their own standards as in the best way of living or coexisting with other intelligent creatures! 1Timothy 6:4,Philippians 2:14,Titus 3:9,Colossians 2:4
That's why TRUE Christians takes their leave NOT because ATHEISTS (who have no bases or standards) trashed Christianity (who has a form of DOCUMENT to guide them). Granted, majority of those claiming Christians are thinking that Christianity should be a thing of choice as in choosing which aspect you like and leaving the parts that's displeasing. But to me it's still much better than ATHEISM that can't agree on any form of standard at all! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Attributing it to a deity is equally irrational given that there is no way to prove the supernatural.
How is the highlighted assertion below irrational?
gensteejay:
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 24, 2019
gensteejay:

How is the highlighted assertion below irrational?
Intelligent design, eh?

Let's start with the human eye:
The human eye is generally acknowledged to be a wondrous design. However, it’s actually an awful design from a design perspective.
First of all, the human eye is built upside down. And backwards. It requires photons of light to travel through the
* cornea
* lens
* aquaeous fluid
* blood vessels
* ganglion cells
* amacrine celld
* horizontal cells
* bipolar cells.....
before they reach the light-sensitive rods and cones that transduce the light signal into neural impulses. Which are then sent to the visual cortex at the back of the brain for processing into meaningful patterns.
For optimal vision, why would an Intelligent Designer have built an eye upside down, and backwards? And why "design" a Blind spot into the eye?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_spot_(vision)

Then we go to the human body.
The human body is a wondrous design.
Not so wondrous if your baby is born with dysfunctional organ systems, or with severe deformity.
Are we talking about the same designer here?
What happened?
https://www.google.com/search?q=babies+born+with+severe+deformities&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwir--TC94XgAhUGTBUIHSM6BbkQ_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=654

How about nature?
Nature is wondrously inspiring. Kudos to the designer.
Is this the same designer who designed tsunamis and hurricanes? What happened there?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by hahn(m): 9:24am On Jan 24, 2019
TATIME:

Christians are not to command allegiance Sir,unlike what ATHEISTS who are formerly Churchgoers were taught in the Churches!
Christianity is for simple presentation of a PERFECT way of life which if carefully considered SHOULD be unexceptional. If the listener accept it,we're to teach them other necessary things but if they reject or ignore, we're to switch swiftly to the next person. So it's unlike ATHEISM where there is NO standard at all as every individual is meant to map out his/her own standard amidst billions of intelligent creatures all having different likeness and hobbies! undecided undecided undecided
So while ATHEISTS are meant to argue and argue with no certainty of agreeing on standards, CHRISTIANS have a ROLE MODEL (Jesus of Nazareth) therefore we are to LEAVE those who just feel like arguing alone to sort out their own standards as in the best way of living or coexisting with other intelligent creatures! 1Timothy 6:4,Philippians 2:14,Titus 3:9,Colossians 2:4
That's why TRUE Christians takes their leave NOT because ATHEISTS (who have no bases or standards) trashed Christianity (who has a form of DOCUMENT to guide them). Granted, majority of those claiming Christians are thinking that Christianity should be a thing of choice as in choosing which aspect you like and leaving the parts that's displeasing. But to me it's still much better than ATHEISM that can't agree on any form of standard at all! embarassed embarassed embarassed

If Christians have a certain standard then why are there over 30,000 different Christian denominations with all of you disagreeing on a lot of issues?

Why do members of RCCG consider Jehovah's witnesses to be not real Christians? (This can be found across a lot of denominations)

Why is it difficult for Christians to agree on certain Christian practices?

Why are there so much Christian pastors sleeping and impregnating their church members?

Why are there so many corrupt Christian politicians?

Why are there so many Christians on the front page committing different forms of crimes and blaming the devil?

For a religion that claims a "standard" your standards are very low and full of mediocrity.

Despite the fact that we have at least a church on every street we are still the poverty capital of the world, still lack basic infrastructure and even give testimonies when we get visas to countries who are not as religious as we are.

I guess your standard is simply one of confusion grin
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Intelligent design, eh?

Let's start with the human eye:
The human eye is generally acknowledged to be a wondrous design. However, it’s actually an awful design from a design perspective.
First of all, the human eye is built upside down. And backwards. It requires photons of light to travel through the
* cornea
* lens
* aquaeous fluid
* blood vessels
* ganglion cells
* amacrine celld
* horizontal cells
* bipolar cells.....
before they reach the light-sensitive rods and cones that transduce the light signal into neural impulses. Which are then sent to the visual cortex at the back of the brain for processing into meaningful patterns.
For optimal vision, why would an Intelligent Designer have built an eye upside down, and backwards? And why "design" a Blind spot into the eye?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_spot_(vision)

Then we go to the human body.
The human body is a wondrous design.
Not so wondrous if your baby is born with dysfunctional organ systems, or with severe deformity.
Are we talking about the same designer here?
What happened?
https://www.google.com/search?q=babies+born+with+severe+deformities&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwir--TC94XgAhUGTBUIHSM6BbkQ_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=654

How about nature?
Nature is wondrously inspiring. Kudos to the designer.
Is this the same designer who designed tsunamis and hurricanes? What happened there?
Lols, you made a number of funny claims.

Let me address your claims one by one:

Are you saying man isn't an intelligent biological system? Note I used "intelligent" in my original submission, not "perfect".

It seems you're mixing up the 2.

Is it wrong to use the phrase, "intelligent life", in describing humans?

Your post above shows you admit man is fashioned by a designer. Am I right?

I will address your other claims when you answer those questions.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2019
gensteejay:

Lols, you made a number of funny claims.

Let me address your claims one by one:

Are you saying man isn't an intelligent biological system? Note I used "intelligent" in my original submission, not "perfect".

It seems you're mixing up the 2.

Is it wrong to use the phrase, "intelligent life", in describing humans?

Your post above shows you admit man is fashioned by a designer. Am I right?

I will address your other claims when you answer those questions.
Define "Intelligent"
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Atewo400(m): 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2019
HellVictorinho:
Did you know God is also a consuming fire? But Christians still love their consuming fire. cheesy
@ bobowaja am laughing oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Can Almighty God Praise Himself? / Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland / TB Joshua Gifts 10 Million Naira, Medical Ambulance To Abuja IDPs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.