Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,745 members, 7,831,379 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Ten Questions I Have For Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Questions I Have For Christians (17444 Views)

Questions I Have About The Existence Of A Creator God / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Ten Questions For Atheists And Agnostics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by thorpido(m): 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2019
HellVictorinho:

A judge?
God judges kids too?
How about amputees,deformed people,destitutes,syndrome-sufferers,etc that don't really know what it means to be alive?
My questions end here.
But your answers can never justify such insane cruelty.
Nature is screwing Man already.
And it will be utterly absurd to call life on Earth a gift.
It is actually a possibility that involves all manners of misdeamenors.
So you can also call it a chance to exist.
Ultimately, it's all about probabilities upon probabilities.
God is not judging kids.
Your statement in bold answers the question.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:
I posted these questions to one of the threads under the religious forum. But I found these questions interesting and I decided to dedicate a thread to answering these questions. Some of these questions are questions that have haunted me way back when I was still a christian:

* Why does geography seem to have far more to do with one's religious choice than actual free will?
* How can you say God loves and cares about everyone if some people suffer while others prosper?
* Even if we assume that one particular religion is true, doesn't the existence of many religions at least prove that mankind likes to make up religious stories, and that people have a tendency to believe them? How do you know yours isn't one of those?
* If everyone actually believes in the Christian god, why would highly religious non-Christians purposefully following the wrong religion, especially when that religion is more strict or just as strict as any sect of Christianity?
* If Adam and Eve only knew good and evil after eating the fruit, then why did God assume when he told them not to eat it that they knew it was "wrong"?
* Why do we inherit sin from our ancestors, but salvation has to be an individual choice?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why do you need to pray to him?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why does he need to test us?
* If god is omnibenevolent, (All Loving) why did he create evil? In Isaiah 45:7 the scripture reads as follows: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
* Please explain the difference between a "Claim" and "Evidence" and after doing so, please show me the evidence for your god.

P.S I want to appeal now before its too late. If you're a christian and the only thing you're going to do in this thread is hurl insults, I'd advise you to reconsider and stay away from this thread. Lets try our best to keep a civil argument

Cc. Seun, OAM4J, Mynd44, budaatum, LordReed, HellVictorinho, Ihedinobi3, solite3, TATIME wink, Originakalokalo, TheArranger, HellVictorinho, Janettee, adoyi8, Vic2Ree, CAPSLOCKED, Dantedasz, Martinez19, Rebekkah, Michellekabod1, Ubenedictus, MJBOLT, HardMirror, RuthlessLeader, tintingz, bloodofthelamb, frosbel2, jesusjnr, luvmijeje, finalboss, Mobilia, frank317, HopefulLandlord, Ranchhoddas, OtemAtum, vaxx, MhizAngel99, GospelAkede, elknice, lightblazingnow, CreepyBlackpool, 9inches, PastorAIO
Shelumiel, you're free to come and discuss too smiley
How do you do? I trust great. You didn't specify who the questions are for, theists? atheists? Agnostics?

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CreepyBlackpool: 4:08pm On Jan 12, 2019
Vic2Ree:

LMFAO, HE'S BACK!!! THE DISGRACED MONKEY SHELUMIEL HAS RETURNED grin grin grin
Martinez19, HellVictorinho, CreepyBlackpool, MhizAngel99, RuthlessLeader, finalboss. Come and see the return of this disgraced fool!
Have you forgotten this thread so soon? The thread where XxSabrinaxX dragged and exposed your foolishness to everybody?
https://www.nairaland.com/4952457/christianity-burden-proof
Park well, joor. Before Aunty Sabrina will come and flog you again grin
LMFAO!!!gringrin

Nigga already firing shots cheesy

lets wait for aunty Sabrina to go and bring her canegrin

7 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 12, 2019
Michellekabod1:

How do you do? I trust great. You didn't specify who the questions are for, theists? atheists? Agnostics?
Am good smiley. The questions are for theists. Christians specifically.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 12, 2019
Michellekabod1:

To Whom It May Concern.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CAPSLOCKED: 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2019
luvmijeje:

XxSabrinaxX, before I answer your questions, let me state clearly that I'm not a Christian but I believe so much in God.

1. WHICH GOD?
2. HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS GOD?
3. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THIS GODS NEEDS YOU, YOUR ATTENTION AND PRAYERS, AND HOW HAS THIS GOD TRIED TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU DIRECTLY?
4. I'M ASSUMING YOU WERE RAISED A CHRISTIAN, AND JUST LIKE THE REST OF US YOU DECIDED TO DISCARD "RELIGION" AFTER A COUPLE OF THINGS DIDN'T MAKE SENSE UPON INVESTIGATION BUT YOU STILL LIKE TO HOLD ON TO THE IDEA THAT SOMEHOW, SOMETHING OR SOMEBODY CREATED AND CONTROLS THE WORLD.
IN ALL SINCERITY, I WOULD LIKE YOU TO TELL ME IF WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT YOUR RELIGION PASSED DOWN TO YOU MOST LIKELY BY YOUR PARENTS, YOU WOULD COME TO "KNOW" OR "BELIEVE" THAT GOD EXISTS.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Martinez19(m): 4:26pm On Jan 12, 2019
Shelumiel:
If throwing insults in other to debate means "finishing " to you , then I'm sorry to say that you're a cock-sucking loser.
grin Lol. Stop it jo, she buried you. I know it hurts.

5 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Martinez19(m): 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2019
Where are the christians? Seems they don't like answering questions that challenges their beliefs.

They have snubbed this thread just like they snubbed my old threads where I asked questions. cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/3639875/christians-mention-irrefutable-miracle-god

https://www.nairaland.com/3883318/questions-christians

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Uyi168: 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2019
luvmijeje:

XxSabrinaxX, before I answer your questions, let me state clearly that I'm not a Christian but I believe so much in God.

There's different between being religion and being spiritual. Religion is serving God via keeping the laws of man while spirituality is serving God without the laws of man. Religion is man-made while spirituality is not. Religion is following the ways of others while spirituality is following your own way. Religion defines God but spirituality defines you. Religion limits God but spirituality explodes Him. Religion is a tool of control but spirituality is a tool of discovery. Religion crushes your mind but spirituality explodes your mind. Religion is limited but spirituality is limitless.

Since I'm not religious, I won't be able to answer your questions.
U used to be a staunch Christian..
What happened
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by luvmijeje(f): 4:54pm On Jan 12, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

1. WHICH GOD?
2. HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS GOD?
3. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THIS GODS NEEDS YOU, YOUR ATTENTION AND PRAYERS, AND HOW HAS THIS GOD TRIED TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU DIRECTLY?
4. I'M ASSUMING YOU WERE RAISED A CHRISTIAN, AND JUST LIKE THE REST OF US YOU DECIDED TO DISCARD "RELIGION" AFTER A COUPLE OF THINGS DIDN'T MAKE SENSE UPON INVESTIGATION BUT YOU STILL LIKE TO HOLD ON TO THE IDEA THAT SOMEHOW, SOMETHING OR SOMEBODY CREATED AND CONTROLS THE WORLD.
IN ALL SINCERITY, I WOULD LIKE YOU TO TELL ME IF WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT YOUR RELIGION PASSED DOWN TO YOU MOST LIKELY BY YOUR PARENTS, YOU WOULD COME TO "KNOW" OR "BELIEVE" THAT GOD EXISTS.

Thank you for your beautiful questions.

1. The God that I serve.

2. First from my family, then the society at large which includes the church.

3. He doesn't need me. I needed Him. He communicate with me every single seconds of my life.

4. I would, simply because I've being in a state where I stop believing in God. For 3 years I stopped believing in him. But, I founded him again.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by luvmijeje(f): 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2019
Uyi168:
U used to be a staunch Christian..
What happened

I moved higher Sir. My best religion till date is Christianity. But like every single religion out there, it put God in a box. I'll give you an instance.

I have met people from every facet of life who are good and not necessarily religious. But religion will tell me only those who do this and this are good.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CAPSLOCKED: 5:20pm On Jan 12, 2019
luvmijeje:

Thank you for your beautiful questions.

1. The God that I serve.

2. First from my family, then the society at large which includes the church.

3. He doesn't need me. I needed Him. He communicate with me every single seconds of my life.

4. I would, simply because I've being in a state where I stop believing in God. For 3 years I stopped believing in him. But, I founded him again.

I SAID IT. THIS ONE IS JUST A CONFUSED WANT AWAY CHRISTIAN. YOU CLAIM TO NO LONGER BE A CHRISTIAN BUT YOU KNOW GOD, BUT EVERYTHING YOU POSTED SUGGESTS YOU STILL ALIGN WITH THE CHRISTIAN GOD IDEA, THE SAME THING YOU CLAIM TO HAVE DISCARDED.

IN MY OPINION DEISTS ARE MORE CONFUSED THAN THEIST. WITHOUT BEING BRAINWASHED BY YOUR PARENTS AND THE SOCIETY THERE'S NO WAY YOU WILL FIND THIS GOD YOU TALK ABOUT.. BECAUSE IT IS NOT THERE.

YOU EVEN CLAIM "HE" TALKS TO YOU?
SO THIS GOD CAME TO YOU AND SAID IT'S GENDER, WHICH COINCIDENTALLY IS MALE JUST LIKE THE GOD OF CHRISTIANITY YOU ONCE BELIEVED.... IF YOU HEAR AN IMAGINARY MAN TALKING TO YOU YOU BETTER VISIT A PSYCHOLOGIST BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Martinez19(m): 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I SAID IT. THIS ONE IS JUST A CONFUSED WANT AWAY CHRISTIAN. YOU CLAIM TO NO LONGER BE A CHRISTIAN BUT YOU KNOW GOD, BUT EVERYTHING YOU POSTED SUGGESTS YOU STILL ALIGN WITH THE CHRISTIAN GOD IDEA, THE SAME THING YOU CLAIM TO HAVE DISCARDED.

IN MY OPINION DEISTS ARE MORE CONFUSED THAN THEIST. WITHOUT BEING BRAINWASHED BY YOUR PARENTS AND THE SOCIETY THERE'S NO WAY YOU WILL FIND THIS GOD YOU TALK ABOUT.. BECAUSE IT IS NOT THERE.

SO THIS GOD CAME TO YOU AND SAID IT'S GENDER, WHICH COINCIDENTALLY IS MALE JUST LIKE THE GOD OF CHRISTIANITY YOU ONCE BELIEVED.... IF YOU HEAR AN IMAGINARY MAN TALKING TO YOU YOU BETTER VISIT A PSYCHOLOGIST BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.
Lol. Have you met the spiritualists? The "I am spiritual not religious" crew? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CAPSLOCKED: 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2019
Martinez19:
Lol. Have you met the spiritualists? The "I am spiritual not religious" crew? cheesy

LOL THEY'RE ALL INSANE. THEY BELIEVE THEY REALLY HAVE TO BELIEVE SOMETHING, BY ALL MEANS. THEY CAN'T IMAGINE THE LIFE OF THE GOOD JOLLY ATHEIST WHO BELIEVES NOTHING IMAGINARY, AND DOESN'T CARE. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by luvmijeje(f): 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

First of all, let me state that I hate arrogance. I detest people who thinks they know more than me that went through an experience. It's call I too know.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Martinez19(m): 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2019
luvmijeje:

First of all, let me state that I hate arrogance. I detest people who thinks they know more than me that went through an experience. It's call I too know.

Do you believe in the christian god or not?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CreepyBlackpool: 5:32pm On Jan 12, 2019
Uyi168:
.. U used to be a staunch Christian.. What happened
she woke up

5 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by luvmijeje(f): 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2019
CAPSLOCKED, secondly, just because you have not experience God does give you the right to tell me what I experienced is bullshit. You can only speak from your perspective. You can't speak for me. You have two options..... Believe or don't believe. Don't re-write my experience with God.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CreepyBlackpool: 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2019
luvmijeje:
CAPSLOCKED, secondly, just because you have not experience God does give you the right to tell me what I experienced is bullshit. You can only speak from your perspective. You can't speak for me. You have two options..... Believe or don't believe. Don't re-write my experience with God.

oya tell us your story

what did you experience? smiley
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by luvmijeje(f): 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2019
Martinez19:
Do you believe in the christian god or not?

A Supreme being is God.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Martinez19(m): 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2019
luvmijeje:

A Supreme being is God.
is that an answer to my question? Do you believe in the christian god aka the biblical god? It's a yes or no question.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by luvmijeje(f): 5:44pm On Jan 12, 2019
Martinez19:
is that an answer to my question? Do you believe in the christian god aka the biblical god? It's a yes or no question.

You question is rubbish. Every single religion believes there is a Supreme being who created every single we are seeing. That's the God I belive in.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by luvmijeje(f): 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

oya tell us your story

I'm not in the mood to share.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CAPSLOCKED: 5:48pm On Jan 12, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

oya tell us your story

HER EXPERIENCE WON'T BE MORE THAN SOME TRASH THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE REGARDLESS OF RELIGION. YOU SEE, SHE KNOWS THIS. THAT'S WHY SHE WON'T SHARE.
I HAVE NO TIME FOR PEOPLE THAT BELIEVE NONSENSE THIS YEAR HENCEFORTH.

5 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CAPSLOCKED: 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2019
luvmijeje:

You question is rubbish. Every single religion believes there is a Supreme being who created every single we are seeing. That's the God I belive in.

1. THE FACT STILL REMAINS THAT YOUR BELIEF IS A PRODUCT OF YOUR BRAINWASH AT TENDER AGE BY YOUR CHRISTIAN PARENTS.
2. THAT EVERY RELIGION BELIEVE THERE COULD BE A SUPREME BEING DOESN'T MEAN IT'S A FACT. A THING CALLED "BANDWAGON FALLACY" EXISTS.

CONTINUE TO WALLOW IN IGNORANCE, CONFUSION AND DISHONESTY.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CreepyBlackpool: 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

HER EXPERIENCE WON'T BE MORE THAN SOME TRASH THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE REGARDLESS OF RELIGION. YOU SEE, SHE KNOWS THIS. THAT'S WHY SHE WON'T SHARE.
I HAVE NO TIME FOR PEOPLE THAT BELIEVE NONSENSE THIS YEAR HENCEFORTH.

thats precisely why I asked her to share.

Most of these religious people mistake correlation for causation.

They had issues, they said prayers to a non existent God, their issues went away, they now believe the prayer and God caused the issues to go away

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Uyi168: 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2019
luvmijeje:

I moved higher Sir. My best religion till date is Christianity. But like every single religion out there, it put God in a box. I'll give you an instance.

I have met people from every facet of life who are good and not necessarily religious. But religion will tell me only those who do this and this are good.

I'm very happy for u..
All the best..
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by luvmijeje(f): 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

1. THE FACT STILL REMAINS THAT YOUR BELIEF IS A PRODUCT OF YOUR BRAINWASH AT TENDER AGE BY YOUR CHRISTIAN PARENTS.
2. THAT EVERY RELIGION BELIEVE THERE COULD BE A SUPREME BEING DOESN'T MEAN IT'S A FACT. A THING CALLED "BANDWAGON FALLACY" EXISTS.

CONTINUE TO WALLOW IN IGNORANCE, CONFUSION AND DISHONESTY.

What you wrote up there is called I too know syndrome. You can't help yourself, you must boast in your ignorance.
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Martinez19(m): 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2019
luvmijeje:

Do you believe in the christian god or not? It's not a complex question. If you don't want to answer, you say so or ignore me. Do
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Martinez19(m): 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2019
luvmijeje:

Do you believe in the christian god or not? It's not a complex question. If you don't want to answer, you say so or ignore me. Do you believe in the christian god aka the biblical god, yes or no?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2019
Martinez19:
Do you believe in the christian god or not? It's not a complex question. If you don't want to answer, you say so or ignore me. Do
She is scared of the consequences. wink
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Martinez19(m): 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2019
HellVictorinho:

She is scared of the consequences. wink
I know. I have met many like her. Beating around the Bush. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? / God Hasn’t Told Me There’s Going To Be Election Next Year – Adeboye / On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.