Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Ten Questions I Have For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Questions I Have For Christians (17232 Views)

Questions I Have About The Existence Of A Creator God / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Ten Questions For Atheists And Agnostics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 12, 2019
I posted these questions to one of the threads under the religious forum. But I found these questions interesting and I decided to dedicate a thread to answering these questions. Some of these questions are questions that have haunted me way back when I was still a christian:

* Why does geography seem to have far more to do with one's religious choice than actual free will?
* How can you say God loves and cares about everyone if some people suffer while others prosper?
* Even if we assume that one particular religion is true, doesn't the existence of many religions at least prove that mankind likes to make up religious stories, and that people have a tendency to believe them? How do you know yours isn't one of those?
* If everyone actually believes in the Christian god, why would highly religious non-Christians purposefully following the wrong religion, especially when that religion is more strict or just as strict as any sect of Christianity?
* If Adam and Eve only knew good and evil after eating the fruit, then why did God assume when he told them not to eat it that they knew it was "wrong"?
* Why do we inherit sin from our ancestors, but salvation has to be an individual choice?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why do you need to pray to him?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why does he need to test us?
* If god is omnibenevolent, (All Loving) why did he create evil? In Isaiah 45:7 the scripture reads as follows: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
* Please explain the difference between a "Claim" and "Evidence" and after doing so, please show me the evidence for your god.

P.S I want to appeal now before its too late. If you're a christian and the only thing you're going to do in this thread is hurl insults, I'd advise you to reconsider and stay away from this thread. Lets try our best to keep a civil argument

Cc. Seun, OAM4J, Mynd44, budaatum, LordReed, HellVictorinho, Ihedinobi3, solite3, TATIME wink, Originakalokalo, TheArranger, HellVictorinho, Janettee, adoyi8, Vic2Ree, CAPSLOCKED, Dantedasz, Martinez19, Rebekkah, Michellekabod1, Ubenedictus, MJBOLT, HardMirror, RuthlessLeader, tintingz, bloodofthelamb, frosbel2, jesusjnr, luvmijeje, finalboss, Mobilia, frank317, HopefulLandlord, Ranchhoddas, OtemAtum, vaxx, MhizAngel99, GospelAkede, elknice, lightblazingnow, CreepyBlackpool, 9inches, PastorAIO
Shelumiel, you're free to come and discuss too smiley

24 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CAPSLOCKED: 11:03am On Jan 12, 2019
BE REST ASSURED YOU'RE GETTING NO SINCERE ANSWERS.

I'VE SAID IT COUNTLESSLY THAT THE NUMBER ONE REASON WE HAVE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE IS BECAUSE OF THEIR PARENTS. WHEN YOU INDOCTRINATE A CHILD AT A VERY YOUNG AGE HE'LL GO A LONG WAY BELIEVING THE THINGS YOU THOUGHT HIM FOR MANY YEARS OF HIS LIFE, UNTIL MAYBE WHEN HE'S OLD AND WISE ENOUGH FOR SOMETHING TO CHANGE HIS MIND... AND THAT'S WHY MANY PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME RELIGION AS THEIR PARENTS. AND MANY CHRISTIANS BELONG TO THE SAME CHRISTIAN SECT AS THEIR PARENTS.

THE SECOND REASON IS FEAR.... FEAR AND THE UNCERTAINTY OF THE TIME AFTER HE DIES.
WHICH WON'T BE THERE IF THE CHILD WASN'T BRAINWASHED INTO BELIEVING IN NONSENSE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

IN MY OPINION THOSE ARE THE ONLY TWO GENUINE REASONS WE HAVE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD, AND THEY HAVE NO ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS.
AFTER TWISTING THINGS AND MEANDERING LEFT AND RIGHT, THEY'LL THREATEN YOU WITH HELL AND HAND YOU OVER TO GOD.... BEFORE THEY ABANDON THE ARGUMENT. cheesy

32 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 12, 2019
Valid questions to ask.

Lets wait for the answers to roll in

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 12, 2019
My sister, the fastest way to sanity is to recognize the existence of a creator of the universe but elude religion. Let your apt knowledge of good and evil guide you. That's all.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by TheArranger(m): 11:07am On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX: If everyone actually believes in the Christian god, why would highly religious non-Christians purposefully following the wrong religion, especially when that religion is more strict or just as strict as any sect of Christianity?
I LOVE this question. Such brilliance. It shoots a giant hole in their claim that everyone believes in the Christian god, but some deny him. They love to say "well, non-believers just want to live sinful lives and not have anyone tell them what to do." Pointing out strict, religious non-Christians sinks that boat, and they're forced to consider the fact that people genuinely don't believe, and if they don't, what is god doing punishing people for that?
Just be sure you'll never get a straight answer to this grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by JasonScoolari: 11:09am On Jan 12, 2019
Good questions but to be sincere, no pastor can come up with the answers.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by hahn(m): 11:19am On Jan 12, 2019
Keys to being a good Christian

Believe with blind faith

Never question your beliefs

Quote to bible to suit your agenda

Sin from Monday to Saturday and ask for forgiveness on Sunday then start again immediately after service.

Pay your tithes and offering because god needs money to perform miracles

Rejoice knowing billions will burn in hell

God loves you

Op you are on a long thing if you think you will get any reasonable response.

Hypocrisy and religion

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by hahn(m): 11:21am On Jan 12, 2019
Earthbound:
My sister, the fastest way to sanity is to recognize the existence of a creator of the universe but elude religion. Let your apt knowledge of good and evil guide you. That's all.

What is the point of acknowledging something without any tangible proof?

4 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by thorpido(m): 11:21am On Jan 12, 2019
If everyone actually believes in the Christian god, why would highly religious non-Christians purposefully following the wrong religion, especially when that religion is more strict or just as strict as any sect of Christianity?
Religion is man trying to serve God,trying to do things to win God,trying to be righteous by doi g what he thinks is right.
Christianity isn't man trying to serve God,trying to be righteous,it is man believing what God has done ,accepting His own righteousness.

If you do not know the right way but you know a way,it is only natural to follow the way you know,albeit in ignorance.Think about a lot of cultural practices that are done in ignorance.That's all they know.

Why do we inherit sin from our ancestors, but salvation has to be an individual choice?
In science,you inherit genetic issues from parents.
You can however do a lot to how it affects you.You could have been born in a place,where you choose to live is your choice.In the same vain, your salvation is individualistic.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 12, 2019
Christians have been thoroughly trashed on this forum by you guys, well done.

Even the apologists have fled the scene !

14 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 12, 2019
Religion is a crime against humanity, period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Vic2Ree(m): 11:30am On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:
I posted these questions to one of the threads under the religious forum. But I found these questions interesting and I decided to dedicate a thread to answering these questions. Some of these questions are questions that have haunted me way back when I was still a christian:

* Why does geography seem to have far more to do with one's religious choice than actual free will?
* How can you say God loves and cares about everyone if some people suffer while others prosper?
* Even if we assume that one particular religion is true, doesn't the existence of many religions at least prove that mankind likes to make up religious stories, and that people have a tendency to believe them? How do you know yours isn't one of those?
* If everyone actually believes in the Christian god, why would highly religious non-Christians purposefully following the wrong religion, especially when that religion is more strict or just as strict as any sect of Christianity?
* If Adam and Eve only knew good and evil after eating the fruit, then why did God assume when he told them not to eat it that they knew it was "wrong"?
* Why do we inherit sin from our ancestors, but salvation has to be an individual choice?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why do you need to pray to him?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why does he need to test us?
* If god is omnibenevolent, (All Loving) why did he create evil? In Isaiah 45:7 the scripture reads as follows: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
* Please explain the difference between a "Claim" and "Evidence" and after doing so, please show me the evidence for your god.

P.S I want to appeal now before its too late. If you're a christian and the only thing you're going to do in this thread is hurl insults, I'd advise you to reconsider and stay away from this thread. Lets try our best to keep a civil argument

Cc. Seun, OAM4J, Mynd44, budaatum, LordReed, HellVictorinho, Ihedinobi3, solite3, TATIME wink, Originakalokalo, TheArranger, HellVictorinho, Janettee, adoyi8, Vic2Ree, CAPSLOCKED, Michellekabod1, Ubenedictus, MJBOLT, HardMirror, RuthlessLeader, tintingz, bloododthelamb, frosbel2, jesusjnr, luvmijeje, finalboss, Mobilia, frank317, HopefulLandlord, Ranchhoddas, OtemAtum, vaxx, MhizAngel99, lightblazingnow, CreepyBlackpool, 9inches, PastorAIO
Shelumiel, you're free to come and discuss too smiley
Good luck to any christian who tries to answer these questions directly lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CAPSLOCKED: 11:31am On Jan 12, 2019
hahn:
Sin from Monday to Saturday and ask for forgiveness on Sunday then start again immediately after service.

YOU NUT IN HER MOUTH ON SUNDAY MORNING, SHE GOES TO CHURCH AND EATS COMMUNION WITH THAT SAME MOUTH, YOU NUT IN HER ASŚ AFTER SUNDAY SERVICE.

-THE LIFE OF A CONFUSED CHRISTIAN GIRLFRIEND. cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 12, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU NUT IN HER MOUTH ON SUNDAY MORNING, SHE GOES TO CHURCH AND EATS COMMUNION WITH THAT SAME MOUTH, YOU NUT IN HER ASŚ AFTER SUNDAY SERVICE.

-THE LIFE OF A CONFUSED CHRISTIAN GIRLFRIEND. cheesy
No,that makes it interesting wink

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CreepyBlackpool: 11:34am On Jan 12, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

THE SECOND REASON IS FEAR.... FEAR AND THE UNCERTAINTY OF THE TIME AFTER HE DIES.
WHICH WON'T BE THERE IF THE CHILD WASN'T BRAINWASHED INTO BELIEVING IN NONSENSE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Exactly, take away the threat of eternal damnation in hell and see every one of them abandon their faith

4 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 12, 2019
hahn:

What is the point of acknowledging something without any tangible proof?
It's called having faith and it's not tied to Christians and Muslims alone. My perception is that there's a creator who put everything in place. I'm don't agree with the school of thought that everything happened and happens by chance. This is a lie. If Dinosaurs still existed, what would be the fate of the human race? Nothing happens by chance. One of the reasons why religions still sell is because there hasn't been a global extraterrestrial contact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CreepyBlackpool: 11:40am On Jan 12, 2019
Earthbound:

It's called having faith and it's not tied to Christians and Muslims alone. My perception is that there's a creator who put everything in place. I'm don't agree with the school of thought that everything happened and happens by chance. This is a lie. If Dinosaurs still existed, what would be the fate of the human race? Nothing happens by chance. One of the reasons why religions still sell is because there hasn't been a global extraterrestrial contact.

Are you a christian?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 12, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

Are you a christian?
By birth and association, yes. I'm not exactly very op3n minded to airing out my beliefs in public for avoidance of scrutiny and non-ending arguments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 12, 2019
Earthbound:

By birth and association, yes. I'm not exactly very op3n minded to airing out my beliefs in public for avoidance of scrutiny and non-ending arguments
It seems your worldview is more in line with deism rather than theism. Which isn't bad to be honest. I personally find deism more logical than theism.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CreepyBlackpool: 11:51am On Jan 12, 2019
Earthbound:

ok so you mentioned dinosaurs earlier, does your religion really suppport their existence?

I've heard christians say they never existed and God just planted their bones there to test man's faith.

Whats your take on this?
Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by hahn(m): 11:54am On Jan 12, 2019
Earthbound:

Faith is actually a bad thing and only seems to work inside the confines of religion.

You cannot pay for a car or house without seeing it first but somehow religion expects us to accept there is a man in the sky who expects servitude all without proof

4 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

It seems your worldview is more in line with deism rather than theism. Which isn't bad to be honest. I personally find deism more logical than theism.
You couldn't be more correct. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CAPSLOCKED: 12:01pm On Jan 12, 2019
hahn:

Faith is actually a bad thing and only seems to work inside the confines of religion.

You cannot pay for a car or house without seeing it first but somehow religion expects us to accept there is a man in the sky who expects servitude all without proof

BUT.....
BUT WE HAVE BIBLES, PASTORS, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY WE FEEL THE INVISIBLE MAN IN OUR HEARTS WHENEVER WE PRAY. sad

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

ok so you mentioned dinosaurs earlier, does your religion really suppport their existence?

I've heard christians say they never existed and God just planted their bones there to test man's faith.

Whats your take on this?
Dinosaurs existed and this is fact. The earth is 4.5 billion years old. Religion has existed only as long as humans have.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by tintingz(m): 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2019
God works in mysterious ways. grin

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CreepyBlackpool: 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2019
Earthbound:

Dinosaurs existed and this is fact. The earth is 4.5 billion years old. Religion has existed only humans did.

does this not contradict your religion which seems to believe the earth was created in six 24hr days less than 10,000yrs ago even though they lack evidence and proof

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Alepa(m): 12:20pm On Jan 12, 2019
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 12, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

does this not contradict your religion which seems to believe the earth was created in six 24hr days less than 10,000yrs ago even though they lack evidence and proof
You keep saying 'your religion'. I'm only that by birth and geographical accident. If I was born and raised in India, I'd probably be Hindu.
Look man, I really don't want to drag this matter. Your understanding of the Christian Bible is a result of multiple translations whereby words have been simplified and in other ways corrupted. I even regard African Traditional Religion higher than Christianity because I cannot respect another person's father more than mine, you feel me?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

Earthbound is not defending Christianity. He believes a god may exist but he doesn't accept any religion.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Earthbound is not defending Christianity. He believes a God must exist but he doesn't accept any religion.
Corrected. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by CreepyBlackpool: 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2019
Earthbound:

You keep saying 'your religion'. I'm only that by birth and geographical accident. If I was born and raised in India, I'd probably be Hindu.
Look man, I really don't want to drag this matter. Your understanding of the Christian Bible is a result of multiple translations whereby words have been simplified and in other ways corrupted. I even regard African Traditional Religion higher than Christianity because I cannot respect another person's father more than mine, you feel me?
owh ok sorry.

I might've misunderstood your answer to my first question where I asked if you were a christian

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions I Have For Christians by luvmijeje(f): 1:21pm On Jan 12, 2019
Seun, what's happening? I was mentioned and it didn't appear on my mention.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

The Story Of Melchizedek / Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer / How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.