Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? (10784 Views)

What Pen1s Size Do Naija/Nairaland Ladies, You Prefer / Why Do Naija Babes Get Angry When Their Boyfriends Touch Their Hair? / What Do naija Girls Offer In Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 18, 2007
It bothers me to know that an average naija girl is always more willing to date sbdy abroad than sbdy she can actually see at anytime.

Most of these relationships really don't go anywhere. The guy is out there kicking it, and the girl is in naija waiting and looking unto God for VISA etc. In most cases, the guy is praying for the VISA not to get through for a long time so he can be running both ends.

Naija girls have for too long exposed themselves to this exploitation, all for what- some perks here and there.

We should value life more, I guess.

What do u thing
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Razorr(f): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2007
Very funny. . .
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by omoge(f): 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2007
Indeed grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by busygirl(f): 11:36pm On Apr 18, 2007
I dunno, I don't believe in long distance relationships.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 18, 2007
Let me tell a real story,I have several but just this one for now.
This girl,college graduate from my hometown got married to this "americana" also from my hometown.
The man was quite contented with her living in Nigeria while he lived here in the states and made trips annually to Naija.

At every trip he made,she got pregnant and had several babies,this guy told people he had a company,he was an architect,bought her a nice car.
Though I was much younger,I knew the arrangement was not right,she also never called him,he did all the calls.

Well,at a ripe age,I relocated to the USA and happened to end up in the same town as this young man,when I asked I heard he was married to an akata woman and lived in the worst neighborhood  and was a cab driver by profession.
The girl maybe never found out about this deceptive husband of hers.
Sadly they both died in a tragic accident in Naija on one of his visits.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by omoge(f): 12:58am On Apr 19, 2007
eyah, did he and the naija wife died or the akata? It would have been good for him to live to reap what he sow.

sad story.
well, i gave it a thought again and i think it's because they want to jet out too. the mentality is that once you are in yankee or Europe, all your problems are over.

they forget it's not rosy Abroad. to enjoy anything even the AIR you breath, you have to pay for it.

the funny thing is that most time the guys are sowing double wild oat.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 19, 2007
no it was the real naija wife that dies.
Some men are just evil
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by omoge(f): 1:33am On Apr 19, 2007
some sure are my sister. that's why ladies should be careful of that fresh face from ''oyinbo land''
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 19, 2007
I have told my younger cousins in naija that anyman that proposes marriage from here,I will personally hunt him down and investigate him to make sure he is what he says he is.
I've heard too many horror stories.
Some of these men have no marriage intentions whatsoever,they just need sleeping mates while on vacation,that is pathetic.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 2:15am On Apr 19, 2007
the truth is that for some girls they were actually dating the guy before he left the country. that's different. you cant just end a relationship because one party leaves.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 19, 2007
That is very different.
I'm talking about girls that will dump their good Naija men for some Joe Somebody just because he lives in the west.
Many have been unpleasantly surprised on arrival.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by ricadelide(m): 2:24am On Apr 19, 2007
babyosisi:

I have told my younger cousins in naija that anyman that proposes marriage from here,I will personally hunt him down and investigate him to make sure he is what he says he is.
Some of these men have no marriage intentions whatsoever,they just need sleeping mates while on vacation,that is pathetic.
abeg easy on us oh, lol. some of us no get choose,
no be every naija guy wey dey here be runz man, and again, for a guy to leave oyinbo people and black americans and say he wants to marry someone back in naija, to an extent it shows that that guy sees and values some things in naija girls that western ladies lack.

but seriously though, distance can really affect relationships and its not really feasible to date someone over a long distance. however, its not impossible.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 2:28am On Apr 19, 2007
many have been truly suprised. and not pleasantly. i know a lot of people here that are living horribly and they have the guts to go to naija and front. its just that i dont consider myself a tattle tale to go round exposing them when im on vacation in naija. a lot are living with white women here and keeping an innocent young girl hanging back home. its just crazy. undecided
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by 4Play(m): 2:31am On Apr 19, 2007
babyosisi:

Some of these men have no marriage intentions whatsoever,[b]they just need sleeping mates while on vacation,[/b]that is pathetic.

That is what they call having "hos in different  area codes"  grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by omogenaija(f): 2:31am On Apr 19, 2007
they probably stupid enough to think he will marry them and they can go aboard , or they do it for the money
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 2:36am On Apr 19, 2007
ricadelide:

abeg easy on us oh, lol. some of us no get choose,
no be every naija guy wey dey here be runz man, and again, for a guy to leave oyinbo people and black americans and say he wants to marry someone back in naija, to an extent it shows that that guy sees and values some things in naija girls that western ladies lack.

but seriously though, distance can really affect relationships and its not really feasible to date someone over a long distance. however, its not impossible.

and it goes both ways my dear,a guy here in America married a lady from Naija.filed for her papers which took a while to go through.
By the time the woman arrived,everything seemed to be going well until she said she was pregnant,2 months on arrival and the ultrasound said she was 5 months pregnant.
My bro was devastated and sent her away nicodemously.
Who wants to be papa for another man pikin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 2:39am On Apr 19, 2007
men are deluded into thinking that white women here are just for fun and they'll go home and marry an unspoiled bride. how well do they even know the girls they are sending for sef? while waiting for her visa to come through a lot of those brides to be keep on seeing other guys since they arent sure if they'll ever cross. its crazy! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by adconline(m): 8:23am On Apr 19, 2007
have you tasted the joy of western union or moneygram? Maybe you need to tell us how  joyful it is to spend free sweat  money. naija loves easy money.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by adconline(m): 8:35am On Apr 19, 2007
babyosisi,
abroad means a different thing to naija women. I was in a business centre and a girl came to make a call and was really proud that she wanted to call her bobo who lived in Dublin, Ireland, the call operator was telling her that he would charge her higher because she wanted to call a Kenyan number, the girl got soo mad that the call operator was telling her that her boyfriend lived in Kenya instead of Dublin. She was still arguing eventhough the national code number started with 25 something. The girl did not believe the call operator.

I think its link a class statement among some Nigerian chics to show that they have arrived by "dating" a man who lives "abroad"
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by oyinboaja: 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2007
babyosisi:

if the girls sef no be long throat, why dem no see man for 9ja? why dem dey find man wey no dey around dem?
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by oyinboaja: 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2007
spoilt:

men are deluded into thinking that white women here are just for fun

what else are they for?
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Ezinwannem: 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2007
I have many stories that i don't even want to start ooooo, one that suprised me was my friend in naija. She just goes online and start talking 2 people that shez suffering etc and wanting someone abraod. When I started chatting with her, she will tell me that her b/f who is a student at FUTO or something doesnt give her anything and calls while the guy does. I told her that relationship is a 2 way thing, u call and he calls and u don't expect da dude to use the small money da parents gives him 2 come and be buying u stuff to be a good b/f. Apprently, in 2004 xmas I was going on, she told me that someone was going to give me something to give her (her friend in Canada 2 claimed). well it was someone in Canada but a dude she met online and she didnt know that the dude is online to exprience what his friend told him about naija girls looking 4 bobod online.

While, da dude didnt call me and I left 4 Naija. One day I was home in naija, I decided to check ma box and chat with ma friends and hold and behold, da dude started talking 2 me that ma friend said I will be going to Niaja and he gat something 2 give me to give her. I told da dude that 2day is the 3rd week in naija so I have left Canada longest time ago. When I came back and saw ma friend online, i warned her and told her never 2 give anyone ma e-mail addy for any reason. What the guy opened his mouth and said about da girl ehhh, unbelievale, Itz a 2 way thing as well as naija guys dere do da sme 2 me
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2007
grin grin grin grin naija women sef na wa. I had a friend in college in naija then, cute igbo chic!!! Every guy was dying to get into her pants then.
She refused to date anyone then but we were a little more than just friends though we were careful to keep it under wraps. 2 yrs down the line m'lady visited a friend and met a fellow visiting from the US for a few weeks. Within weeks, m'lady said she was "in love" with the US bobo.

To cut long story short, she got pregnant during one of his visits (i was sure she did it on purpose), had to drop out of school for 1 yr to go have her baby while my dear young man enjoyed himself in the US. They got engaged sometime before i left school, the silly thing was proudly showing me her rock and big belle!

What America can do! grin

I travelled to the US in the summer of 2002. My friends and brother enjoyed themselves broadcasting to the whole school. By the time i returned i had more female friends than i'd ever had in my lifetime! Suffice to say i thoroughly enjoyed my last 2 yrs in school female-wise! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by ikamefa(f): 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2007
davidylan:

grin grin grin grin naija women sef na wa. I had a friend in college in naija then, cute igbo chic!!! Every guy was dying to get into her pants then.
She refused to date anyone then but we were a little more than just friends though we were careful to keep it under wraps. 2 years down the line m'lady visited a friend and met a fellow visiting from the US for a few weeks. Within weeks, m'lady said she was "in love" with the US bobo.

To cut long story short, she got pregnant during one of his visits (i was sure she did it on purpose), had to drop out of school for 1 yr to go have her baby while my dear young man enjoyed himself in the US. They got engaged sometime before i left school, the silly thing was proudly showing me her rock and big belle!

What America can do! grin

I travelled to the US in the summer of 2002. My friends and brother enjoyed themselves broadcasting to the whole school. By the time i returned i had more female friends than i'd ever had in my lifetime! Suffice to say i thoroughly enjoyed my last 2 years in school female-wise! grin

small time now! you go talk sey butter nor dey melt in yah mouth! grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by 4Play(m): 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2007
The girls in Naija chase me when I come from abroad,you will be surprised how things change when they hear you came back from abroad  grin  grin

I,being the good guy I am,don't take advantage  grin  grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by ikamefa(f): 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2007
4 Play:

The girls in Naija chase me when I come from abroad,you will be surprised how things change when they hear you came back from abroad  grin  grin

I,being the good guy I am,don't take advantage  grin  grin

why wont you?  grin hope you don't carry ogbanje winch one of this days  grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by 4Play(m): 6:07pm On Apr 19, 2007
ikamefa:

why wont you?  grin hope you don't carry ogbanje winch  one of this days  grin

I am a God fearing man.I don't do such things
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by debosky(m): 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2007
bloody pagan dey claim man of God.

@ topic I can't wait to go back and flaunt my 'from-abroad' credentials, na so so chop and clean mouth go happen grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by 4Play(m): 6:14pm On Apr 19, 2007
The Daughters of Eve will not overcome a righteous man .

debosky:

@ topic I can't wait to go back and flaunt my 'from-abroad' credentials, na so so chop and clean mouth go happen grin grin grin

Onitsha na abroad?
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by ikamefa(f): 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2007
4 Play:

I am a God fearing man.I don't do such things

yeah right! you just pack them with large bags

debosky:

bloody pagan dey claim man of God.

hum! trust you! no go chop the one wey ,you go pai oh!  cheesy

4 Play:

The Daughters of Eve will not overcome a righteous man .

Onitsha na abroad?

righteous in your dreams cheesy
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by omoge(f): 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2007
Ikamefa, give it to them guys bo.

na them dey show ''i just came from abroad'' to enter the naija ladies eyes with their jeans, tshirt, bling blings and small $ and come dey talk.  grin
I just hope Nig ladies know better bo ojare  grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Gheorghe(m): 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2007
d question funny ooo

y won't they like to date yankianos,

who no won chop oyibo money abi who no won go adroad, cool grin cheesy wink

4 them as far as there is an offer of marriage from yankeeee, it is worth the trial while some shape ones will still

maintain a naija breed just in case,"PLAN B BACK-UP" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of "Black Skinned" Beauties.(From Africa) / Guys Take Note: Money Doesn't Make You Attractive To Women / Run From Long Distance Relationship With Your Two Hands On Your Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.