Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters (11893 Views)

Organ Harvest: I Thought I Was Being Scammed By Doctors - Ekweremadu Tells Court / I Didn't Offer To Buy Kidney - Ekweremadu Tells UK Court / Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Limitednow: 9:25am On Jan 14, 2019

Ike Ekweremadu, deputy Senate President, has urged his supporters not to be distracted by defection propaganda peddled on him.

Mr Ekweremadu stated this while reacting to claims by Buhari Media Organisation (BMO) that the top lawmaker in conjunction with some state governors from the South-East were working for the re-election of their principal, Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria’s President.

Mr Buhari is seeking a second term in office on the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC) while the top legislator is in the opposing camp of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Ekweremadu is reported to have been sidelined on recent developments in the PDP, this the opposition party denied.

The lawmaker while claiming no division exist in the PDP said the misinformation are orchestrated attempts by some characters to create the impression of a divided house in the party ahead of the presidential election.

“Such characters dish out fake and divisive stories without source on a daily basis and attribute same to me,” Ekweremadu said in a statement on Monday.

“While I refuse to be distracted by such cheap blackmail, smear campaign, and propaganda, it is important to assure our supporters that PDP is united and focused on wrestling power from the APC for the good of Nigeria.

“After the PDP lost the presidency and majority status at the national assembly, I made it clear that I would stand by the party. It took other party stakeholders and I a lot of efforts, sacrifices, and painstaking negotiations with soul searching to hold the party together.

“If I did not abandon PDP at its darkest hour, it does not make the slightest sense to say that I abandoned it now that it’s sun is rising again,” he said.

Ekweremadu added that leaders of the region were strategizing on how to ensure the party secures the support of the zone.

“Meanwhile, I held separate meetings with our Vice Presidential candidate, Peter Obi and the Chairman, South East Governors Forum, Dave Umahi, to set up a meeting of party stakeholders by weekend to work out strategies for the success of our party in the coming elections.

“I have no doubt that the South East PDP leaders will deliver the region overwhelmingly to the PDP as usual. I expect that other leaders will also do the same in their geopolitical zones.

“I, therefore, urge our supporters not to be distracted by such propaganda as we approach the critical stages in the coming elections. We should rather focus on delivering the votes for the success of our party,” Ekweremadu said.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/dont-be-distracted-defection-propaganda-ekweremadu-supporters/

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Limitednow: 9:26am On Jan 14, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by ct2: 9:29am On Jan 14, 2019
he has been cautioned for been too quiet , he just had to say something , even though he is very bitter. selfish politicians

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by madridguy(m): 9:29am On Jan 14, 2019
Goodswill Akpabio said more than this.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Godjone(m): 9:29am On Jan 14, 2019
bmc how far

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Immanuels7(m): 9:29am On Jan 14, 2019
10 Disturbing Stories Of People Who Attended Their Burial
https://www./2019/01/10-disturbing-stories.html
Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by inoki247: 9:29am On Jan 14, 2019
That's how 800.000 people migrated to anoda party in Lagos while people voting in Lagos sef no reach 1.5million

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by islandmoon: 9:30am On Jan 14, 2019
Political Gang of looters , I even prefer Davido 30 Billion Gang!
Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by BossOluwendy(m): 9:31am On Jan 14, 2019
Now that the man has spoken...#Letsgetnigeriaworking cool

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Cyoung4real(m): 9:31am On Jan 14, 2019
Baba, loud it because the zonebs are thinking otherwise.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by NOC1(m): 9:31am On Jan 14, 2019
He is still in PDP because there is no other option for now.
Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:31am On Jan 14, 2019
This picture says better.. While other pdp goats were busy shouting in the Senate, he was just smiling and in happy mood rejoicing with PMB..

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:31am On Jan 14, 2019
Yaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by jerryunit48: 9:31am On Jan 14, 2019
grin An uppercut to dem ...

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by 34webers(m): 9:31am On Jan 14, 2019
Exactly. Give them some hope, that will make the election very interesting instead of the impression that it will be a walkover. At least with that hope, atiku will still be dishing out more dollars untill 2 hrs to election when the reality will down on him. cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by islandmoon: 9:32am On Jan 14, 2019
xxx0838:

what is this nonsense you are posting everywhere?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Cletus77(m): 9:33am On Jan 14, 2019
Very Bad day for some people with multiple monikers..
That should make them deal with Amosun and Okorocha and leave Ekweremadu alone

1 Like

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Cletus77(m): 9:33am On Jan 14, 2019
post=74745410:
Yaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn
Hahahahaha
Can you yawn again without crying?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by alizma: 9:33am On Jan 14, 2019
Ekeremadu woke up this morning hearing the sound of victory in APC camp. he decided to brace up for the inevitable defeat.
well-done Sir, you are a man.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by ShameOnAPC: 9:34am On Jan 14, 2019
Zombies right now

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 14, 2019
hahaha
Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Cletus77(m): 9:36am On Jan 14, 2019
alizma:
Ekeremadu woke up this morning hearing the sound of victory in APC camp. he decided to brace up for the inevitable defeat.
well-done Sir, you are a man.
Can u repeat that without holding your chest?

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by hush15: 9:36am On Jan 14, 2019
Limitednow:

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/dont-be-distracted-defection-propaganda-ekweremadu-supporters/

Now, thats integrity. Kudos to our DSP. You will live to enjoy the fruit of your labor....

1 Like

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by 34webers(m): 9:36am On Jan 14, 2019
xxx0838:
Stop disturbing every thread with this rubbish. We don't even understand what you are advertising. angry

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Cletus77(m): 9:37am On Jan 14, 2019
madridguy:
Goodswill Akpabio said more than this.
Its funny how Akpabio suddenly became a saint overnight

1 Like

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by oyebanji44: 9:37am On Jan 14, 2019
Forget PDP,that party is a failure.we are Buhamatching to the next level, join us now don't be failure..

1 Like

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by oyebanji44: 9:37am On Jan 14, 2019
Forget PDP,that party is a failure.we are Buhamatching to the next level, join us now don't be a failure..
Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 14, 2019
Ekweremmadu is evil...we can't be deceived.
Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Corrinthians(m): 9:38am On Jan 14, 2019
Well, Igbos on Nairaland already cursed you down to your forefathers, claiming you're a greedy bastard and upset over Atiku not selecting you for vice presidential candidate. They said you're an inconsequential politician without a shred of value. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by nonsobaba: 9:39am On Jan 14, 2019
cheesy Did you expect him to admit his anti-party activities before?
Re: Don’t Be Distracted By Defection Propaganda, Ekweremadu Tells Supporters by Bennycollins: 9:46am On Jan 14, 2019
Is the ruling party not supposed to be a better option?
NOC1:
He is still in PDP because there is no other option for now.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electoral Act: Reps To Override Buhari’s Veto On Statutory Delegates / 17 Outgoing Governors Battle To Deliver Successors / Ribadu Flees Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.