Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi (7187 Views)

Peter Obi Condemns Intimidation Of Obidients. / Adeleke Vs Oyetola: Group Alleges Intimidation Of Supreme Court Judges By APC Le / 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by AnonPoet: 11:30am On Jan 14, 2019
The Vice-Presidential candidate of the PDP, Mr. Peter Obi has decried what he tagged “Intimidation of the Judiciary”, and asking “Where is Due Process?”. Recalling that he was a major beneficiary of the rule of law/due process, he asserted that when that critical essence of democracy is under siege or attacked, the State could be set on the path of perdition.

Peter Obi made the observation yesterday at Shagamu, Ogun State where he represented Alhaji Atiku Abubakar at the Strategy Meeting of the PDP and in reaction to the orchestrated arraignment of the Chief Justice of Nigeria [CJN] on allegations bordering on assets declaration.

Elaborating on his stance, Obi noted that law-abiding citizens of Nigeria, including members of the judiciary, affirm that nobody is above the law, but insist that the process of legal restitution for alleged infractions of the laws of the land must be above board. “In the present case”, Obi said, “confirmed indications reveal that due process was not followed. For instance, what should be done first in such cases is to write formally to the National Judiciary Council [NJC], and that was not done.”

On the overall rating of the Nigerian Judiciary, Obi said: “In my view the Nigerian judiciary remains the best of the three arms of government under the present dispensation. Indeed, it has done tremendously well, and I am a celebrated beneficiary of our judicial system. It was through the Courts that I secured my electoral mandate and also served my full term. It was also due process that reversed my illegal impeachment. Interestingly, a number of other public office holders, including the incumbent chairman of the APC benefited from that courageous precedent set by the Judiciary.

Obi said it was sad that the judiciary had been subjected to unwarranted intimidation by the present administration; with such unwholesome acts as unfounded hounding of members of the Higher Bench, raids on their homes, arrest and arraignment, to the present macabre dance in the name of allegations against and arraignment of the CJN.

More appalling, Obi noted, has been the persistent “lack of decorum” in the attitudes and actions of the present government: “One begins to wonder whether the handlers of the present regime are unmindful of the extant law that requires the NJC to first investigate judicial officers and, if found culpable, recommend disciplinary measures to the legislature before any arraignment if necessary.

“It is also revealing that this scenario is not novel in today's Nigeria. It is the same CJN that was also subjected to all manner of traumatic experience before his emergence as head of the Nigerian Judiciary. From the way and manner we are going, the judicial arm that helps to defend, guide, guard and direct democracy and its institutions is being overawed, intimidated and undermined preparatory to the General Elections. Wherein lies our hope in Nigeria?”

On the way forward, Obi called on Nigerians leaders to shun the temptation of making moves or taken actions that could engender and breed anarchy in the country.

https://thepunditng.com/intimidation-of-the-judiciary-capable-of-breeding-anarchy-obi/

2 Likes

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by Richdad50(m): 11:42am On Jan 14, 2019
What this administration has done to this man is shameful and must be condemned by all irrespective of your political divide. The reason is that the judiciary is the last hope for you and I in the event of suppression by any govt in power.

I like the South South and their incredible display of Unity. The fall of one is the fall of all. You must recognize that the country is sectioned into regions and its development must be pinned on intra-regional development. The North have practiced this for decades and have systematically imposed their will on the rest yet, the country is not on fire. Thus, a consensus support from the South south is not out of place.

#Richdad

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by Immanuels7(m): 11:42am On Jan 14, 2019
Top Ten Most Successful Bank Robbery of All Time
https://www./2018/12/10-most-successful-bank-robberies-of.html
Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by islandmoon: 11:42am On Jan 14, 2019
Aboki will never touch their own! fighting kwaruption!!
they keep replacing southerns in government with northerns and bullying them out of the system .

you need to see the way they are jubilating in the north over this CJN matter saying " we must kommot am phor there!!

yet tinubu still serving them! he will learn soon.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by sunshine1974(m): 11:42am On Jan 14, 2019
Buhari Will use his hands to set this country ablaze

13 Likes

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by cutesmilez(f): 11:43am On Jan 14, 2019
Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by Stephendeals: 11:43am On Jan 14, 2019
lipsrsealed

As much as I hate all things Corruption, the timing of this case is bad, It is heating up the already fragile polity but all it is as expected from the C-in-C... subdued and conquer at all cost

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by Tunasco4u(m): 11:43am On Jan 14, 2019
OK
Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by Somtitous: 11:44am On Jan 14, 2019
Back to Daura project2019, a patriotic and Clarion call!

16 Likes

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by BloggerAdmin(m): 11:44am On Jan 14, 2019
Why is the opposition so much interested in this matter? Or are they the source of the CJN's foreign currencies?

4 Likes

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by willyo(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2019

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by olafum1(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2019
shocked
Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by CaptainGOOD: 11:45am On Jan 14, 2019
"if I'm not elected as a president, baboon and monkeys will soak in blood"... BUHARI

"If Im not a elected as a president I will make this country ungovernable.. BUHARI

"An attack to Bokoharam is an attack to the north".. BUHARI.

Shekau and buhari is more dangerous to the country?...

8 Likes

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by PassingShot(m): 11:46am On Jan 14, 2019
Obigotry sef dey talk. grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by InaNla(f): 11:47am On Jan 14, 2019
ONLY terrorist will not agree.

2 Likes

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by InaNla(f): 11:47am On Jan 14, 2019
PassingShot:
Obigotry sef dey talk. grin grin grin

we know them, asslicker.

3 Likes

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by CilicMarin: 11:49am On Jan 14, 2019
Even useless human beings dey too!
Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by fredoooooo: 11:49am On Jan 14, 2019
Cry me a river , on FEBUHARI we stand cool

2 Likes

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by Randy100: 11:49am On Jan 14, 2019
Judiciary and Legislator should have immunity too.

1 Like

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 14, 2019
willyo:

That photo looks malnourished please remove it

1 Like

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by helinues: 11:52am On Jan 14, 2019
Even though the timing may be wrong, but why are Pdp crying more than the bereaved ?

5 domiciliary accounts since 2011 . How is it possible to forget to include that in your profile with CCT? How?

3 Likes

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 14, 2019
[quote author=BloggerAdmin post=74749653]Why is the opposition so much interested in this matter? Or are they the source of the CJN's foreign currencies?[/quote

Bro politics aside this is the chief justice of the country that buhari is doing this to?

Why didn't he order the immediate arrest of Gaduje when that video surfaced

There is a process to be followed why doesn't he follow it in this case?

Okay why in such a hurry to remove this man before the election?

Why didn't buhari order an investigation into how his son and daughter names where used to purchase 9mojile and Keystone bank?

My worry is buhari will set this country on fire eventually

3 Likes

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by Jowanson: 11:57am On Jan 14, 2019
Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by Angelparadise: 11:58am On Jan 14, 2019
Nigeria is getting worst day by day .This is not the type of CHANGE the vulnerable short sighted Nigerians ask for .
The military destroyed our infant democracy in early nineties the civilians allowed it now in democracy the same Wolfs in sheep clothes are trying to destroy it again and we are watching.

3 Likes

Re: Intimidation Of The Judiciary Capable Of Breeding Anarchy – Obi by AnanseK(m): 11:59am On Jan 14, 2019
Is corruption by judiciary not causing anarchy already? I hope they jail him

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Oil Producing Communities Belong To Ijaw / Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife / Tinubu Adds N250 Million CONSAT to his falling Empire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.