Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria (993 Views)

Ambode & Tinubu Commission Mile 12-Ikorodu BRT Extention & New BRT Buses / Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo / This Is Where Fayose Plans To Build Airport In Ekiti(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria by AloyEmeka5: 10:20pm On Aug 12, 2010
[size=14pt]Our plan is to produce 1000 buses per month – Okechukwu Ezemonye, MD, Zhope Automobile [/size]
By CHRISTIAN OCHIAMA

Thursday, August 12, 2010
Zhope Automobile, a wholly owned Nigerian enterprise, is set to establish an assembly plant in the country valued at N9 billion.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2010/aug/12/sun/Ezemonye[1].gif[/img]
Okechukwu

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/aug/12/519.html

This was disclosed by the Managing Director of the company, Mr Marcel Okechukwu Ezemonye, in an interview with The Sun in Abuja.

According to him, “to begin with, we are looking at N4 billion. But, over a period of three to four years, we should be looking at N9 billion.”

Ezemonye further confirmed that when the factory come on stream, it would create about 14,000 jobs and, therefore, appealed to government to provide the necessary infrastructural support that would enable the plant to flourish.

Excerpts.

My names are Marcel Okechukwu Ezenwoye. I am from Aguata local government area of Anambra State. I am also the Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of Zhope Automobile (UK) Ltd., as well as Zhope Nigeria Ltd.

Inspiration on the project

The motivation is as a result of the problems we observed about the Nigerian transportation system. A lot of Nigerians have died on the roads because of the use of old vehicles imported from outside the country. Its like Nigeria is the dumping ground for disused vehicles from Europe and elsewhere. They are put on the road without MOT (road worthiness) certification. Life is very important. People have to travel in comfort.

This is the reason why my partners and I sat back to think of ways by which we can contribute to the smooth running of the nation’s transportation system. People who do not have the money to buy new buses, go for used buses, popularly known a ‘Tokunbo’. In fact, they prefer them to brand new buses and that’s why the prices are relatively low. Zhope is coming with a style in terms of technological transfer. We are bringing in Zhope. Though new, but relatively cheap, with safety and comfort in mind.

Why Zhope at this time

A lot recommends Zhope to the Nigerian market. One, the pulling power is there to enable us enjoy a smooth ride with all the infrastructural challenges we face here, the bumpy roads and so on. The shock absorber is reinforced, the air conditioner is rugged because of our climate here. Though we are not encouraging overloading, the buses have enough space for people, who couldn’t get in on time to stand, without blocking the driver’s view. Our mini buses are called ‘elephant bus’, which means that even though it is a mini, it is still as big as a Toyota Coaster yet the price is reasonable and affordable.

http://www.zhopes.com.ng/
Re: Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2010
We need real images of the bus and the engines please. no be all this designs and stuff.
Re: Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria by GAR3TH(m): 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2010
nice. . .like the designs. . .next stop engineering and construction. cant wait.
Re: Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria by asha80(m): 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2010
The goatee looks like the one on aloy emeka tongue

@post

Saw the news earlier but did not post it because of no real pics of the buses.
Re: Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria by philip0906(m): 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

We need real images of the bus and the engines please. no be all this designs and stuff.
asha 80:

The goatee looks like the one on aloy emeka  tongue

@post

Saw the news earlier but did not post it because of no real pics of the buses.
so d inavailability of pix discredits d topic?nairalanders and pix sef. undecided
Re: Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Aug 12, 2010
philip0906:

so d inavailability of pix discredits d topic?nairalanders and pix sef. undecided

You tell me  . . undecided

You are the one making the connection
Re: Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria by asha80(m): 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2010
philip0906:

I posted the one on innoson because there were pics of the cars and even pics of inside the factory.

However on this one nothing verifiable.There website has no pics of a live car.
Re: Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria by philip0906(m): 11:06pm On Aug 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You tell me  . .  undecided

You are the one making the connection
asha 80:

I posted the one on innoson because there were pics of the cars and even pics of inside the factory.

However on this one nothing verifiable.There website has no pics of a live car.
Then with what asha said,d story is only a ruse undecided
Re: Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2010
What the heck? Dude, are you sure it is not the case that you are projecting your own thoughts there on my person? see me see wahala ooo!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria by philip0906(m): 11:32pm On Aug 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What the heck? Dude, are you sure it is not the case that you are projecting your own thoughts there on my person? see me see wahala ooo!! ROFLMAO!!
y d'u want 2 choke? undecided Is it b'cos I quoted u?what's harmul in my post? undecided undecided
Re: Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria by AloyEmeka5: 12:21am On Aug 13, 2010
Talk is cheap, build one make we see before we can believe. Becomerich can create this model from his computer and claim that he is capable of producing 1 million in a year.
Re: Zhope Plans To Produce 1000 Buses Per Month In Nigeria by Nchara: 1:56am On Aug 13, 2010
What is it with Igbo people and private automobile assembly plants (proposed and already inaugurated)?

(1) (Reply)

We Have Primitive Upper Class, Says Dr. Adeoye Oyewole / General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida-The Evil Candidate / Saboteurs Trying To Derail Power Sector Reforms — Nnaji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.