Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,531 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:26 PM

EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja (39197 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Bibby25(m): 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2019
PMB has finally set his Dogs loose again..hmmm let me come and be going grin
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Awaja(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2019
I don’t know what to call this ,but we’re derailing & our supposed president is doing nothing to address the situation.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by dyydxx: 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2019
RTSC:

But the point is buhari is removing obstacles.

To delude ourselves that he is fighting corruption is dangerous.

We need to call a spade a spade.

If you say the CJN may frustrate buhari personal ambitions.and so should be removed, I won't have any problem with you.
I may not like it, but at least you are honest.

But to claim buhari is fighting corruption by removing obstacles who may not even be among the most corrupt in the system is a dangerous mentality.

It will create a false sense of ease.

God bless you my brother. You got it 100%. This is just a witch hunt to get him out

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Born2Breed(f): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2019
DMerciful:
Supporting Bubu blindly has rubbished whatever intelligence you think you have. In much wisdom comes foolishness!

Shage jagua.....see finishing.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by jellington: 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2019
The President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Salami was suspended on spurious charges by President Jonathan.
Even when NJC cleared him, GEJ refused to reinstate him.

Sanusi was suspended by President Jonathan on spurious charges in contravention of CBN Act.

The irony of it is that it is the same people that justified the illegality of Jonathan that are criticising the planned CCT arraignment of the CJN.

While the CJN is being given the opportunity to defend himself, Salami and Lamido Sanusi were not accorded the same privilege.

Salami and Sanusi did nothing wrong but the democrat and his hypocritical supporters tried to justify their suspension.

There is prima facie evidence that the CJN contravened the law but 'voltron, the defenders of corruption', are all over accusing witch hunt.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by maasoap(m): 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2019
RTSC:

But the point is buhari is removing obstacles.

To delude ourselves that he is fighting corruption is dangerous.

We need to call a spade a spade.

If you say the CJN may frustrate buhari personal ambitions and so should be removed, I won't have any problem with you.
I may not like it, but at least you are honest.

But to claim buhari is fighting corruption by removing obstacles who may not even be among the most corrupt in the system is a dangerous mentality.

It will create a false sense of ease.

CJN can't be obstacle to Buhari in any form or way. Since the creation of EFCC under Obj, every corrupt elements has been hidden under politics, religion or ethnicity.
We haven't had election, no winner yet, no election tribunal yet. Even if the supreme Court is going to rule on presidential election petition, it will be 7 judges, not just only CJN.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Baawaa(m): 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2019
mbaboy:
Buhari is a tyrant and a failure
Buhari is dealing with your bosses grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by mushystuff: 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2019
Canticle:
Very good. Nobody is above the law.

Modified:

Those asking why EFCC should raid the CJN should take a chill pill. EFCC cannot raid without tangible evidence. They must have been tipped off by intelligence. So make una rest.

Intelligence? How about the directive by the court to commence action against Oshiomole? They don't need to obey that abi?
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2019
maasoap:

Sanely? CJN has not been touched. EFCC can't search CJN houses without court approval. If staying away from his house is Sanely in your dictionary, I'm sorry, we're in a serious mess in this country.
No nation pampers corrupt elites like we do in Nigeria and develops.
EFCC doesn't need to find money in his house, it could be documents relating to transactions and assets which the judge himself may not be able to explain the source.
He's not the first corrupt judge with millions of foreign currencies in his accounts and he won't be the last to be discovered.
Shebi after finding the documents it will still come to the NJC? I dont actually believe this story.i know Buhari is stupid but i still don't expect him to be this stupid.

BTW if at all anything incriminating was in the CJN's residence do you really believe it will still be there now?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:50pm On Jan 15, 2019
Baawaa:

Buhari is dealing with your bosses grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lol this one actually believes anything will come out of this if at all the story is true � � � � �

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by fizzy4luv(m): 6:51pm On Jan 15, 2019
While I have great reservations against this present act of injustice , I won't want to battle an eyelid for this present CJN. Other judges were subjected to this kind of treatment and the whole NJC didn't fight it back, judicial officers were harassed and houses raided in commando style and yet nothing was heard from the office of the CJN condemning these gestapo style, so it is now the CJN knows judicial officers need to be queried by NJC first before being answerable to judicial process.

Nigerians and especially the youths need to know that unfortunate precedents are being set and we are all taking sides sheepishly. If his Lordship knew he will also be subjected to this treatment, I am sure he would have been strong on checkmating this judicial abuse then.

For the teeming youths who choose to support all this disregard for due process, continue by the time it reach your turn, you will not see help as the institutions that should have helped, you have joined hands in bringing them down.
Shalom

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Corrinthians(m): 6:53pm On Jan 15, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Most of you are not as smart as passingshot. It was completely unnecessary. Totally counter productive.

Wetin concern me sef. cheesy
Thank God you're smarter than Einstein. Please don't let the "unsmartness" of "most of us" bother you bro. wink
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by bluecircle470: 6:54pm On Jan 15, 2019
It’s none of my concern!
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by onubijoe(m): 6:56pm On Jan 15, 2019
Over sabi the kill Magu

IG has gone ........... The reward of sin is ............d

Their no longer EFFC here is their new name APCEFCC
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by supereagle(m): 6:58pm On Jan 15, 2019
Suko110:

Did Ganduje step down ??
This is only the recent let us not talk about the backlog of sinners turned saints by prophet buhari immediately they switched parties

Oluwole Adesina WROTE:

ON CJN: So many people are overrated in Nigeria. It's either they underrated our intelligence service or sheer stupid arrogance.

A whole Chief Justice of Nigeria is making silly excuse. How could someone of his calibre not knowing they are being monitored?

The money in Standard chartered wasn't there before Mr President took over in 2015 but was deposited there few months ago by desperado in PDP.

The losers wanted to win the presidency through the Supreme Court. Appeal the election then get favourable judgement at the Apex Court.

Unknown to them, the Judges are being monitored and all their lines are tapped.

Atiku Abubakar and Bukola Saraki are daft. They thought they could used the CJN knowing that Mary Odili is under spotlight. What a wrong move?

CJN need to step down because he has been caught red-handed with bribe money.

To hell with Atiku Abubakar and his evil plan.

And as for CJN? Shame on him.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by jellington: 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2019
The President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Salami was suspended on spurious charges by President Jonathan.
Even when NJC cleared him, GEJ refused to reinstate him.

Sanusi was suspended by President Jonathan on spurious charges in contravention of CBN Act.

The irony of it is that it is the same people that justified the illegality of Jonathan that are criticising the planned CCT arraignment of the CJN.

While the CJN is being given the opportunity to defend himself, Salami and Lamido Sanusi were not accorded the same privilege.

Salami and Sanusi did nothing wrong but the democrat and his hypocritical supporters tried to justify their suspension.

There is prima facie evidence that the CJN contravened the law but 'voltron, the defenders of corruption', are all over accusing witch hunt.

Nairaland Forum please if this post is deleted again then we will tell the whole world you are here as a partisan reportage .
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by NothingDoMe: 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2019
Corrinthians:
Thank God you're smarter than Einstein. Please don't let the "unsmartness" of "most of us" bother you bro. wink
Lol.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Corrinthians(m): 7:00pm On Jan 15, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Lol this one actually believes anything will come out of this if at all the story is true � � � � �
But I thought you lot threatened fire and brimstone if any such thing happens? Or is the threat restricted to online assaults?

Funny bunch. What will be will be and heaven won't fall. No only noise una sabi make. No substance whatsoever.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Baawaa(m): 7:00pm On Jan 15, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Wailer Onnoghen is not the first Judge to be burst
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by BabaAduras: 7:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
Robbin7:
Does non declaration of Assets warrant a raid by the EFCC?
I no understand again o.

Yes, non declaration of Assets warrants a raid by EFCC.

The question you should ask is "what is about $3.0m doing in a CJN domiciliary account that he FORGOT to declear".

Remember, we are talking of CJN who should know more about law of Nigeria than any other Nigerian. An Engineer like me even know that "ignorance is a not a defence in a court of Law", TALKLESS OF THE CHEIF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA. Any Lawyer anywhere in the world would have been taught that in LAW-101 class and that should have stuck to his brain just like Newtons 1st Law of motion is stuck in the brain of any Engineer be him/her Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, etc in any part of the world.

Can you image how bad we have gone as a Nation when the CJN can publicly come out as say "he forgot to declear an account holding about $3.0m". It is an insult on our collective intelligence as a Nation. If it is China, he will be facing death sentence as we speak or he would have committed suicide. If it is the Western world, he would have resigned by now.

Our problem is we "tribalize" and "politicize" every issue without addressing the core of matter.

Let the truth be said, he is not the "Chief Justice of Nigeria" but a "Thief Justice of Nigeria". Let him go and defend his "forgetfulness" in court of law with the 140 SANs (Senior "Arufins" of Nigeria). Arufin in Yoruba means Law flouter/Law Dis-respecter.

Bunch of thieves.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Buharimustgo16F: 7:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
mbaboy:
Buhari is a tyrant and a failure
Buhari mean Failure my brother....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by jellington: 7:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
PDP RELY SO MUCH ON JUDICIARY TO GET AWAY WITH CORRUPT PRACTICES.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by jellington: 7:07pm On Jan 15, 2019
THE PDP WE KNOW WILL FIGHT DIRTY TO HOLD SWAY IN DEFENSE OF CORRUPT LEADERS BUT GOD WILL CONTINUE TO EXPOSE THEM.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Yemikola(m): 7:10pm On Jan 15, 2019
PoliticsNigeria:
@POLITICSNGR

Information reaching the PoliticsNGR newsdesk this evening reveals that operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (INEC) have raided the residence of embattled Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen.

PoliticsNGR learned that the EFCC raid comes amidst allegations of false assets and non-assets declaration levelled against Justice Onnoghen in a petition written to the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).

The CCB had acted on an earlier petition written to it and the EFCC by Mr Dennis Aghanya, the Executive Secretary of the Anti-Corruption and Research-Based Data Initiative (ARDI).

Aghanya is a former media aide of President Muhammadu Buhari.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-efcc-raids-chief-justice-onnoghens-abuja-home/
Why INEC? Just asking.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by AngelicBeing: 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2019
hypertension:

Na today EFCC sabi raid house grin grin grin

When you are done, you will see how swiftly the case is strucked out for lack of merit

useless country
l concur, it is a useless failed shithole jungle, nonsense grin
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by walade(m): 7:20pm On Jan 15, 2019
Dadaboy:
Anyone found Guilty against the law should face its troubles..
I’m not stupid enough to play partisan sentiments over these useless people who don’t care about us but themselves and what’s best for them

May God continue to increase your in wisdom. Let those with sense steer clear of the dirty game of politicians. They will always find a way to reconcile and unleash further anguish on the masses. When they increase the price of petrol did any of these ruling class protest. When they were putting their wards in juicy government agencies, they didn't quarrel. May Esu
Laalu scatter all of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by GeorgeTheCoder: 7:22pm On Jan 15, 2019
Robbin7:
Does non declaration of Assets warrant a raid by the EFCC?
I no understand again o.

My thoughts as well
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Oolawepo(m): 7:22pm On Jan 15, 2019
Patrioticman007:
Fake news & some pigs will believe it, when did inec start raiding peoples home ?.
Ure the pig fool, was inec mention in the heading. U better learn how to read well.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by DerrickzB: 7:22pm On Jan 15, 2019
Canticle:
Very good. Nobody is above the law.

Modified:

Those asking why EFCC should raid the CJN should take a chill pill. EFCC cannot raid without tangible evidence. They must have been tipped off by intelligence. So make una rest.

Honestly, you are the biggest zombie i have come across here... just imagine your perception!! So gullible!!
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by Guestlander: 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
BabaAduras:

Yes, non declaration of Assets warrants a raid by EFCC.

The question you should ask is "what is about $3.0m doing in a CJN domiciliary account that he FORGOT to declear".

Remember, we are talking of CJN who should know more about law of Nigeria than any other Nigerian. An Engineer like me even know that "ignorance is a not a defence in a court of Law", TALKLESS OF THE CHEIF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA. Any Lawyer anywhere in the world would have been taught that in LAW-101 class and that should have stuck to his brain just like Newtons 1st Law of motion is stuck in the brain of any Engineer be him/her Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, etc in any part of the world.

Can you image how bad we have gone as a Nation when the CJN can publicly come out as say "he forgot to declear an account holding about $3.0m". It is an insult on our collective intelligence as a Nation. If it is China, he will be facing death sentence as we speak or he would have committed suicide. If it is the Western world, he would have resigned by now.

Our problem is we "tribalize" and "politicize" every issue without addressing the core of matter.

Let the truth be said, he is not the "Chief Justice of Nigeria" but a "Thief Justice of Nigeria". Let him go and defend his "forgetfulness" in court of law with the 140 SANs (Senior "Arufins" of Nigeria). Arufin in Yoruba means Law flouter/Law Dis-respecter.

Bunch of thieves.

God bless you a million times. These are the questions no one is asking, including the people shouting our son, our son.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by cooltola(m): 7:32pm On Jan 15, 2019
It is not a crime to be rich as long as you can state your source of income legibly. Anyone flashing with questionable source of income or huge amount of money beyond their pay grade e.g. Senator Dino or anyone who think they are above the law should be investigated to the fullest extend of the law e.g. Justice Walter Onnoghen. . They can prove their innocent in court. Only enemies of progress will not like this type of news. Kudos to EFCC, I keep admiring them daily. Reasonable Nigerians appreciate EFCC efforts.
Re: EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja by planetx: 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2019
Let them go raid gandollar house first, bunch of fucking idiots that thinks the country only belongs to them. I support the CJN no matter what even if they found $1trillion in his account. To hell with Jubril and his senseless ab.oki government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pius Akubo Rejects Appointment To Tinubu’s Legal Team / Panic In Presidency Over Mounting Tension In Military - Talk Of Mutiny? / Dogara Delivers Polling Units In Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.