Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies (10871 Views)

Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja / Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan / Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by JosEast(m): 5:40am On Jan 16, 2019
Following the repeated violent attacks in Ilorin, Governor Abdulfattah Ahmed has banned street rallies in Kwara State after setting up a joint task force to curb the incidents.

The governor made the announcement during a state broadcast, yesterday, in which he reiterated that his government would not let the state slide back to the dark era of fear and violence.

He said only political rallies in designated areas and with prior notification to the state police command would be allowed henceforth. “The state police command is hereby authorised to ensure full compliance,” the governor stated.

Governor Ahmed also told political parties and their supporters to campaign and solicit votes through lawful manner and refrain from deploying divisive and inciting rhetoric or instigating violence against real or perceived opponents.

“Thuggery, vandalism, intimidation and other forms of criminality will neither be allowed no condoned in any part of the state,” he said.

“Following assurances by the security agencies, I urge all our people to go about their lawful activities without fear for their safety. Our security agencies are capable and ready to forestall any further recurrence of such ugly incidents,” the governor said.

According to him, “As your governor, I assure you that no effort will be spared by my government to protect the lives and property of all law-abiding residents of the state. I also urge you to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activities, movements and developments to the security agencies for prompt action.

“In this regard, I have approved the establishment of a Joint Military Task Force comprising the police, army, navy, air force, Department of State Security, Civil Defence and National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA). This body is tasked with the responsibility of providing an extra layer of security and preventing a recurrence of the political violence witnessed in the last couple of days,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/kwara-bans-street-campaigns-rallies.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:48am On Jan 16, 2019
Kwara dey HOT these days o.

They are all saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

56 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by 1Poposki1(m): 5:49am On Jan 16, 2019
Good idea... But I am buying it..
Leave them... Let the kill themselves...
To build a better place, you need to demonish the old one..

So Bleep mehnn...leave kwara so it can tunonrinown.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by mirinda01(m): 5:49am On Jan 16, 2019
Okay sir.
Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by martin1772(m): 5:51am On Jan 16, 2019
kwara politics has never been this tense

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by lafex: 5:52am On Jan 16, 2019
O To Ge

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by Bluntguy: 5:52am On Jan 16, 2019
Hotspot.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by bedspread: 5:53am On Jan 16, 2019
Lives should not be wasted in Kwara state...

Elections is not a Do or Die affair

5 Likes

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by Bluntguy: 5:53am On Jan 16, 2019
Hotspot
Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by BadiratT: 5:54am On Jan 16, 2019
Better
Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:57am On Jan 16, 2019
Nice one.. u can't be inciting violence through words like O toge, and expect peace to reign. APC is a scam.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by adioolayi(m): 5:57am On Jan 16, 2019
Saraki's biggest political battle..... I see him winning his Senatorial seat... but Governorship election is tilting towards APC

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by contigiency(m): 5:58am On Jan 16, 2019
That is what they want to achieve. to stop people campaigning against them.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:59am On Jan 16, 2019
OK sir

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 16, 2019
post=74804747:
Kwara dey HOT these days o.

They are all saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Zombie

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by Mccullum: 6:00am On Jan 16, 2019
Biingoo:
The day I'll set my eyes on you one on one eh. If I no chop your fingers off make I die!

Pain and frustration can't be solve by sorry,

Consult your spiritual leader for delivery undecided

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:00am On Jan 16, 2019
Apckilla:

Zombie
Lol wink cheesy cheesy, you were banned for curse words 5 mins ago and you have opened another account under 5 mins to continue.
And this is your very first post.
We will always remain civil without any abusive words here.
Continue o.

Mynd44, Seun, kindly take note!

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by Chinashopping84: 6:01am On Jan 16, 2019
many state will boil during this election

check my siggy
Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by contigiency(m): 6:01am On Jan 16, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
Nice one.. u can't be inciting violence through words like O toge, and expect peace to reign. APC is a scam.

Do you even know the meaning of that statement? It simply means enough is enough. How does that represent violence? You just want to post because you have data to do.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:04am On Jan 16, 2019
contigiency:

Do you even know the meaning of that statement? It simply means enough is enough. How does that represent violence? You just want to post because you have data to do.

MR Man that's an inciting comment, what is enough is enough? They should speak about their plans and aspirations to kwarans and stop insulting and blackmailing saraki.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:04am On Jan 16, 2019
Mccullum:

Pain and frustration can't be solve by sorry,

Consult your spiritual leader for delivery undecided
Lol, you even have time replying that tin.
We always ignore them.
Ignoring them kill them more.
Thanks for the heads up man.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by helinues: 6:04am On Jan 16, 2019
For all the political parties or just some selected party?
Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by dailycastnews: 6:05am On Jan 16, 2019
Gh

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by ArmaniUhuru: 6:08am On Jan 16, 2019
Apc na vampire party.

Bloodshed is to apc, what tyranny is to buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by Roselive: 6:10am On Jan 16, 2019
wink wink wink wink nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by BornnAgainChild(f): 6:10am On Jan 16, 2019
Ok..but i stand with saraki sha meanwhile allow me to wish this couple conjugal bliss

Temitope weds Bamidele

TemiBami2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:11am On Jan 16, 2019
Thuggery, vandalism, intimidation and other forms of criminality will neither be allowed no condoned in any part of the state,” he said

Kwarans are so READY to move to the NEXT LEVEL

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili: "Citizens Of Nigeria Are Not Ready For Good Governance" / Ndukwe Must Apologize To Abia Speaker - More PDP Chieftains Tell Commissioner / Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.