Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Letter Bomb To All CJN Apologists! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter Bomb To All CJN Apologists! (650 Views)

A Letter Bomb To Atiku Abubakar - By A Dissatisfied Nigerian / Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) / Buhari’s Award Of GCFR To M.K.O Abiola Illegal — Ex-cjn Belgore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter Bomb To All CJN Apologists! by baridamben(m): 10:51am On Jan 16, 2019
Letter Bomb To All CJN Apologists!
Did he do it, did he not do it? That is what any patriotic Nigerian who has sense should be asking, because the consequences of an innocent man being punished for what he did not do, or being acquitted or prevented from facing justice for a crime he actually committed while sitting in judgement over the rest of us is grievous. The consequences of having a corrupt man as the CJN might just be the reason why this country has not been progressing. So did he do it, did he not do it? That is the first question we should be asking.
All the talk of a political witch-hunt are irrelevant and at best secondary. I don't care about who is witch-hunting who, I care about what the facts of the matter are, because sometimes it takes a political witch-hunt to do the right thing in this country. It was a political witch-hunt that removed Kemi Adeosun as Finance Minister, it was a political witch-hunt that removed Babachir Lawal as the number 5 citizen of this country. So if it would take another political witch-hunt to remove a corrupt Chief Justice I don't care. While not caring about the so called witch-hunt, I care only if the process of the witch-hunt is legal and procedurally correct so that the precedences we set does not come back to hunt us tomorrow. I love politicians who advance their political agenda within acceptable rules of the game, whatever their agenda is. I might not necessarily agree with their agenda, but I respect the discipline and dignity with which they go about the processes. It is only when we have rules that all of us can play the game and have a fair chance of winning.
On this CJN matter, do you know that there are positions you can take that can affect your today and tomorrow? The constitution did not say the CJN or other judges must first be sent to the NJC for ANY crime whatsoever, it only say they should be sent there for professional misconduct, which are offence committed in the discharge of their duty. The NJC was created to protect judges in the discharge of their duty. It doesn't matter whatever your interpretation is of the Appeal Court judgement for which several annoying arguments have been made, it doesn't matter the context for which that judgement was given, what matters is that such judgement is already null and void if it conflicts with the provision of the constitution which already specifically stipulates that the CCT is the right court to try a "judge" who is seen to have bridged the code of conduct. Besides, what is the need of even quoting any court judgement when there is no lacuna and the constitution is already as explicit as it needs to be?
Now, I want to ask you, have you taken the time to look at the composition of the NJC? Because if you haven't I will tell you... It is made up of 24 members including the CJN himself as chairman. Of those 24 members, 4 of them are statutory appointments by virtue of their position; 5 of them are appointed by the CJN but through the recommendation of the NBA, and the remaining 15 of them, including the CJN himself, representing a whopping 62.5 percent of the members are people the CJN selected and appointed himself. In fact, two of those 15 people can be his younger brothers who are not lawyers but who he thinks in his own brain are of "unquestionable integrity". Whoever wrote this part of the constitution must be a lunatic because even for the purpose of professional misconduct alone this is too much power for one man.
So those who are saying that a judge must first be sent to the NJC for any crime committed by him are not only saying what the constitution didn't say but are also telling us to send him to his own court for his own matter to be decided on by people he appointed himself. Even in law, no judge can preside over a matter involving the person who appointed him because of what the law call conflict of interest.
But if you look at all these perfectly valid points and continue to insist that judges must first be sent to the NJC for any crime committed by them, I would tell you the implications: the first one is that you would have created for judges an immunity that was never contemplated by the constitution. A judge can therefore come into your house, shoot your child, rape your wife, and take away your properties, and well, you just have to write to his friends at the NJC to look into it. Goodluck to you with that... The second one is that you would have created for the judge a special court different from the one created for the rest of us, such a court that is so powerful that if he is found innocent by those his friends for those heinous crimes, there would be no other court of Appeal for you and your dead relatives. And you would've created for the judge an immunity not only superior to that of the president but which makes them invariably above the law. It's not just the Chief Justice of Nigeria oh, but all judges including the magistrate at your local branch. There is a present and clear danger in the position you're canvassing, your stupidity should not blind you.
You see, most of you making these silly arguments, I am currently living better than you, and I know I will have a better life in this earthly life more than you. So when I make my own argument, that the judge is not and should not be above the law, or should not be given any cover that makes him technically above the law, I am making that argument more for you than for myself. You are the one I am pitying and the children you have in your hands today. I don't even have a child yet, I don't have a brother or relative languishing in jail for lack of speedy trial, I can fight for myself and know how to take care of my loved ones. The people you claim to be fighting for can also take care of themselves. So you probably need a fair and just system in Nigeria more than me and the people you pretend to be fighting for. Don't be stupid, don't shortchange yourself because of stupidity and anger and hate and bigotry. Ask yourself very well, what are the far-reaching implications of the positions you're canvassing? Look at the bigger picture, don't be shortsighted and myopic, don't be blind because of sentiment. Use the brain that God in heaven gave to you to think for yourself, and always ask yourself, what do you stand to gain from the position you're taking, not only today but also tomorrow. Your resources and morality have been looted, but you can still recover some portion of your looted brain. Anyway, good luck to you in your wailing life.
Yours truly. Baridam Ben from Port Harcourt

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter Bomb To All CJN Apologists! by lezan(m): 11:02am On Jan 16, 2019
It’s such a sad situation we found ourselves. Truly there was a country
Re: Letter Bomb To All CJN Apologists! by JusticeSeeker: 11:29am On Jan 16, 2019
lezan:
It’s such a sad situation we found ourselves. Truly there was a country
It's only the apostles of corruption that are siding the CJN. Take a look at the list of SANs backing him, some might have been the ones who gave him bribes that have constituted what he has in those foreign accounts. You think those kind of persons will subscribe to what is right? Not all.
Re: Letter Bomb To All CJN Apologists! by omonaijiria: 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
baridamben:
Letter Bomb To All CJN Apologists!
Did he do it, did he not do it? That is what any patriotic Nigerian who has sense should be asking, because the consequences of an innocent man being punished for what he did not do, or being acquitted or prevented from facing justice for a crime he actually committed while sitting in judgement over the rest of us is grievous. The consequences of having a corrupt man as the CJN might just be the reason why this country has not been progressing. So did he do it, did he not do it? That is the first question we should be asking.
All the talk of a political witch-hunt are irrelevant and at best secondary. I don't care about who is witch-hunting who, I care about what the facts of the matter are, because sometimes it takes a political witch-hunt to do the right thing in this country. It was a political witch-hunt that removed Kemi Adeosun as Finance Minister, it was a political witch-hunt that removed Babachir Lawal as the number 5 citizen of this country. So if it would take another political witch-hunt to remove a corrupt Chief Justice I don't care. While not caring about the so called witch-hunt, I care only if the process of the witch-hunt is legal and procedurally correct so that the precedences we set does not come back to hunt us tomorrow. I love politicians who advance their political agenda within acceptable rules of the game, whatever their agenda is. I might not necessarily agree with their agenda, but I respect the discipline and dignity with which they go about the processes. It is only when we have rules that all of us can play the game and have a fair chance of winning.
On this CJN matter, do you know that there are positions you can take that can affect your today and tomorrow? The constitution did not say the CJN or other judges must first be sent to the NJC for ANY crime whatsoever, it only say they should be sent there for professional misconduct, which are offence committed in the discharge of their duty. The NJC was created to protect judges in the discharge of their duty. It doesn't matter whatever your interpretation is of the Appeal Court judgement for which several annoying arguments have been made, it doesn't matter the context for which that judgement was given, what matters is that such judgement is already null and void if it conflicts with the provision of the constitution which already specifically stipulates that the CCT is the right court to try a "judge" who is seen to have bridged the code of conduct. Besides, what is the need of even quoting any court judgement when there is no lacuna and the constitution is already as explicit as it needs to be?
Now, I want to ask you, have you taken the time to look at the composition of the NJC? Because if you haven't I will tell you... It is made up of 24 members including the CJN himself as chairman. Of those 24 members, 4 of them are statutory appointments by virtue of their position; 5 of them are appointed by the CJN but through the recommendation of the NBA, and the remaining 15 of them, including the CJN himself, representing a whopping 62.5 percent of the members are people the CJN selected and appointed himself. In fact, two of those 15 people can be his younger brothers who are not lawyers but who he thinks in his own brain are of "unquestionable integrity". Whoever wrote this part of the constitution must be a lunatic because even for the purpose of professional misconduct alone this is too much power for one man.
So those who are saying that a judge must first be sent to the NJC for any crime committed by him are not only saying what the constitution didn't say but are also telling us to send him to his own court for his own matter to be decided on by people he appointed himself. Even in law, no judge can preside over a matter involving the person who appointed him because of what the law call conflict of interest.
But if you look at all these perfectly valid points and continue to insist that judges must first be sent to the NJC for any crime committed by them, I would tell you the implications: the first one is that you would have created for judges an immunity that was never contemplated by the constitution. A judge can therefore come into your house, shoot your child, rape your wife, and take away your properties, and well, you just have to write to his friends at the NJC to look into it. Goodluck to you with that... The second one is that you would have created for the judge a special court different from the one created for the rest of us, such a court that is so powerful that if he is found innocent by those his friends for those heinous crimes, there would be no other court of Appeal for you and your dead relatives. And you would've created for the judge an immunity not only superior to that of the president but which makes them invariably above the law. It's not just the Chief Justice of Nigeria oh, but all judges including the magistrate at your local branch. There is a present and clear danger in the position you're canvassing, your stupidity should not blind you.
You see, most of you making these silly arguments, I am currently living better than you, and I know I will have a better life in this earthly life more than you. So when I make my own argument, that the judge is not and should not be above the law, or should not be given any cover that makes him technically above the law, I am making that argument more for you than for myself. You are the one I am pitying and the children you have in your hands today. I don't even have a child yet, I don't have a brother or relative languishing in jail for lack of speedy trial, I can fight for myself and know how to take care of my loved ones. The people you claim to be fighting for can also take care of themselves. So you probably need a fair and just system in Nigeria more than me and the people you pretend to be fighting for. Don't be stupid, don't shortchange yourself because of stupidity and anger and hate and bigotry. Ask yourself very well, what are the far-reaching implications of the positions you're canvassing? Look at the bigger picture, don't be shortsighted and myopic, don't be blind because of sentiment. Use the brain that God in heaven gave to you to think for yourself, and always ask yourself, what do you stand to gain from the position you're taking, not only today but also tomorrow. Your resources and morality have been looted, but you can still recover some portion of your looted brain. Anyway, good luck to you in your wailing life.
Yours truly. Baridam Ben from Port Harcourt

Trash
Re: Letter Bomb To All CJN Apologists! by omonaijiria: 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
It's only the apostles of corruption that are siding the CJN. Take a look at the list of SANs backing him, some might have been the ones who gave him bribes that have constituted what he has in those foreign accounts. You think those kind of persons will subscribe to what is right? Not all.

Another zombie on the loose

1 Like

Re: Letter Bomb To All CJN Apologists! by amaechi1: 12:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
My brother, those who have survived does not what those that are yet to survive to survive. Conspiracy of the elite.
Re: Letter Bomb To All CJN Apologists! by techking: 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2019
smiley smiley
Re: Letter Bomb To All CJN Apologists! by SueZuckerberg: 2:12pm On Jan 16, 2019
baridamben:
I care about what the facts of the matter are, because sometimes it takes a political witch-hunt to do the right thing in this country. It was a political witch-hunt that removed Kemi Adeosun as Finance Minister, it was a political witch-hunt that removed Babachir Lawal as the number 5 citizen of this country. So if it would take another political witch-hunt to remove a corrupt Chief Justice I don't care. While not caring about the so called witch-hunt, I care only if the process of the witch-hunt is legal and procedurally correct so that the precedences we set does not come back to hunt us tomorrow.
I cannot believe a Nigerian is saying this. Guy, send your mobile number lemme send you #100 recharge card

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Falls While Campaigning In Lokoja Kogi State 16th January 2019 / Atiku Pictured At The US Chamber Of Commerce / Aba Apc Rally For Buhari Why It Was An Unprofitable Venture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.