Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,177 members, 7,849,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:33 AM

Town Hall Meeting: Why I’m Contesting Again – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Town Hall Meeting: Why I’m Contesting Again – Buhari (407 Views)

2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu / Town Hall Meeting: Why I Haven’t Spoken On Ganduje —buhari / 'We Will Make Nigeria Liveable Again' - Buhari Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Town Hall Meeting: Why I’m Contesting Again – Buhari by adebuk17: 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has said his second-term bid was the desire of the national executive of the All Progressives Congress.
Buhari, who spoke during a live presidential town hall at the Ladi Kwali Conference Centre, Sheraton Hotel, Abuja, on Wednesday evening, stated that his re-election bid was aimed at fulfilling the manifesto of his 2015 campaign.
The APC presidential candidate said, “I said it much earlier at the National Executive Committee of our party that if my party recommended me to its executive, I would contest. I did that to save time and wide discussions among members of the party.
“So, those who felt very strongly about it left the party and the party nominated. Why? It is because I felt that the three fundamental objectives we campaigned in 2015 are still relevant.
“We want to remind Nigerians to see when we started — 2015 — where we are now, what we have been able to do in between this time of three and a half years with the resources and time available to us.”
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, also speaking on the party’s presidential mandate, said the President needed another term to consolidate on the gains of his administration.
“We campaigned on three fundamental issues, namely the economy, the fight against corruption and security. In those three respects, we believe that we have laid very strong foundations and I very strongly believe that we are on to much more progress if given a second opportunity.
“I very strongly take the view that the period of three and a half years, in particular, has been one where we have managed to turn around a lot of what was inherited in the previous 16 years.
“The previous 16 years were, in my view, a period during which a lot of revenue came in and very little appeared to have been done. We believe the foundations we’ve laid in agriculture and infrastructure really deserve a second term for completion,” Osinbajo said.
source:https://thebiggestgists..com/2019/01/town-hall-meeting-why-im-contesting.html
cc lalasticala

Re: Town Hall Meeting: Why I’m Contesting Again – Buhari by Mankos(m): 9:11pm On Jan 16, 2019
We the sane Nigerians are solidly behind you Sir.

God bless PMB
God bless PYO
God bless Nigeria

Next level pls

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Told To Be Grateful To Atiku For Grooming Him / How Atiku Spent $4.8 Milion Dollars To Secure Waiver To Enter America, That Made / ‘I Handed Over $5m To Him’ — Obanikoro Testifies Against Fayose In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.