Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim (15101 Views)

I Won’t Govern Like A Dictator – Fubara / I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku / Insecurity: Hope Uzodinma Has Failed, Lacks Capacity To Govern - Imo PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by OrientDailyNews: 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2019
By Damian Duruiheoma, Owerri

Former Governor of Imo state, Ikedi Ohakim has told the leaders and people of Owerri senatorial zone to support him to complete his second term if they ever want to produce governor for the state in the nearest future.
Ohakim said unless he was allowed to complete his second as the state governor, Owerri zone would continue to find it difficult to get support for the governorship position in the state.

Speaking during the flag off campaign for Accord Party’s senatorial candiate for Owerri Zone, Chief Charles Ugomuo at Nguru Mbaise, the former governor, who is the gubernatorial candidate of Accord Party maintained that trying to present and support any candidate from Owerri zone would amount to trying to win the position through a short cut which he insisted would be very impossible.

His words: “There’s no short cut to Owerri Zone becoming governor other than supporting me to complete my tenure. This game is like draft whereby before you become a king, you must concede some things to your opponent. So, the easiest way for Owerri zone to govern Imo state is to support me to finish my tenure”.
The former governor informed the audience that ahead of 2019 elections, Igbo leaders have decided to go to the polls with their first eleven in all positions.
The reason, he said is because the outgoing government has left the state poorer and in deeper mess than he left it in 2011.

In another development, the former governor has expressed concerns that funeral services are now the most thriving enterprise in the state.
Speaking at a town hall meeting in Owerri, “Imo state now has, as at December 2018, 180 morgues, from the 18 we had when I left office in 2011. It is now clear that funeral services are now the most thriving enterprise in the state”, Ohakim said.

After showing the audience “the sordid pictorial decay in all the general hospitals and water projects” he left behind, Ohakim said: “I have the moral burden, political, economic, social and spiritual responsibilities to the people of Imo people and humanity at large, to challenge and address the wasteful, treacherous, deceitful, capricious, autocratic, totalitarian and perceivably draconian malady that has entangled Imo state, between 2011 and 2019.”

While debunking the allegation that he embezzled N8 billion, through Nworie River dredging contract, Chief Ohakim also said that the dredging with three bridges was a Niger Delta development commission, NDDC, federal government project.
“Two bridges in the contract, at Egbeada and Nekede roads, had been completed before I left office. However, for reasons best known to Rochas Okorocha, he neglected or was unable to follow up on this environmentally impactful contract”, Ohakim said.

The Accord governorship candidate accused Okorocha of “ignorantly or deliberately destroying the flow of Rivers Nworie and Otamiri, with poorly constructed culverts, instead of bridges in utter contravention of engineering design”.
Ohakim was also irked that “the traditional institution has been debased, frustrated and caged by Okorocha”, even as he viewed same as “a desecration of our cultural norms by the present administration”.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/politics/owerri-zone-wont-govern-imo/
Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by atiku4President(m): 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2019
He has not learnt his lesson. He is still running his mouth like parrot. He lost his second term cos of his reckless talks Sensless man. He hasn't learnt anything

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by Jestin: 10:23pm On Jan 17, 2019
Talk talk

6 Likes

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 10:23pm On Jan 17, 2019
Fooooool

6 Likes

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by Dreambeat: 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2019
What's this guy smoking?I think it's potent

14 Likes

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by vioment: 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2019
Who be this ewu? mmumeeeehhh comot for here.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by exenxe1(m): 10:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
IKEDI OHAKIM. l am ashamed of seeing you

I am ashamed of ur low budgeted soap opera party.

I didn't observe that you are once a governor..

I thought achike handed over to Rochas okorocha

my love for u might rekindle if u............

'just quit'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by deltateam: 10:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
He should complete what? Is he mad?

Onye ahu piara father utali?

Did he forget his pant in government house?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by ijemishkisic(m): 10:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
No wonder he is called "Ikiri" - (Ikiri is a particular specie of wild animal in Igbo land, when holding something intensely, even when you cut off his hand, the remaining part will still be holding the object and very difficult for you to even drag it out)....... Ohakim is "Ikiri"

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by martowskin1(m): 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
atiku4President:
He has not learnt his lesson. He is still running his mouth like parrot. He lost his second term cos of his reckless talks Sensless man. He hasn't learnt anything

I never knew the guy is still alive
Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by deltateam: 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
He
Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by NORSIYK(m): 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2019
Ohakim go and rest you have expired

Vote For NDAA IHEDIOHA for a better Imo.

Ihedioha brings credibility, competence, experience, sincerity, rule of law and development to the table.

He is well prepared and well positioned to liberate the State. His years as the State’s Chief Executive will be remembered by all.

Our State is in dare need of quality leadership.

We can not look for good when we can attain excellence.

Vote Ihedioha for a New Imo

Vote PDP

#VoteIhedioha
#VotePDP

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by exenxe1(m): 10:43pm On Jan 17, 2019
NORSIYK:

Ihedioha brings credibility, competence, experience, sincerity, rule of law and development to the table.

He is well prepared and well positioned to liberate the State. His years as the State’s Chief Executive will be remembered by all.

Vote PDP

#VoteIhedioha
#VotePDP
mbaise can't rule me

I rather spend d rest of my life harboring snakes

*spits*

6 Likes

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by senatordave1(m): 10:43pm On Jan 17, 2019
atiku4President:
Just like atiku your oga
Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by senatordave1(m): 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2019
NORSIYK:

Vote PDP

#VoteIhedioha
#VotePDP

Hope is the next governor

1 Like

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by mightyhazell: 10:48pm On Jan 17, 2019
exenxe1:
mbaise can't rule me

*spits*
isnt this a hate speech?

5 Likes

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by Nbote(m): 10:50pm On Jan 17, 2019
Dis mumu dat Imolites embarrassed and disgraced still has mouth to talk
Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by UncleJudax(m): 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
Waka waka...so na Accord you de now? grin

Ohakim Accord yourself some respect. Go and rest

5 Likes

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by Sweetcollins: 10:59pm On Jan 17, 2019
Onye iberibe
Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by engrajoo1(m): 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
stop playing God Mr. Gov
you having a problem with your final year project research work?, contact projeconsult for a hitchfree research work

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by kamez(m): 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
otule gbagbuo gi there.... 2nd term keee u there....

in a saner country this idiot would be in prison...

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by sonature1: 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
exenxe1:
mbaise can't rule me

*spits*

Get ready then
Many are mad but few are roaming
Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by chairman00100: 11:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
exenxe1:
mbaise can't rule me

*spits*

How old are you? why are you thinking with your fingers? grow up some, if you have anything against ihedioha, let's hear you, we should be objective, you should know that your type of people are in the minority in imo state these days, that is if you are even from imo state
Re: Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim by Xkalaban(m): 11:50pm On Jan 17, 2019
Kaaam'on wee u shattap there. Shameless staggat!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity: FG Is Reorganizing Nigeria’s Security Architecture – Osinbajo / Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency / Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.