Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

How To Date As A Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How To Date As A Muslim (11962 Views)

Some Acts That Make A Muslim Forbidden To Hell / What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. / Is It A Must For A Muslim Wife To Wear Wedding Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Date As A Muslim by MuslimHowto: 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
As the world is taking the boyfriend and girlfriend things as norms, many Muslims brothers and sisters get confused on how they too can join the bandwagon without going against the ruling of Islam.

Admiring someone is not a sin when you find someone you like and you realize sudden feelings (affections) towards him/her.

This is part of a human to develop emotion for things they admire. Don’t feel guilty, because you’re just being human.

A lot of Muslim wants to know if they can have a boyfriend or girlfriend, but they do not know which step to take, and also what guidelines do Islam recommended (advised) them to follow.

What did Islam say about dating?

Islam doesn’t emphasize on dating in particular, but it has encompassed (cover) on all issues pertaining to modesty and avoidance of sexual explicitness.

They’re various verses in the Quran that prohibit believing Muslims to disassociate themselves from improper and immodest affairs.

“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty.” (Quran al-Nur 24:31)

Is dating Halal or Haram?

Before any couple gets married or engaged, they have to spend time together to know whether they are compatible or have feelings for each other.

This little period of time together gives them the insight on why they should go ahead with their relationship which could probably lead to marriage.

You can’t just conclude on marrying a person whom you don’t know much about and end up parting ways within a couple of months after marriage.
Below are what can make your dating haram or halal:

Haram Date

Practicing an unlawful romance is basically a waste of time, which can lead to loss of dignity and self-esteem when the relationship eventually kicks the rock.

Haram relationship has risen sporadically today that seems mandatory for every adult or teenager to have boyfriend or girlfriend. And not having one will make people think you’re archaic or outdated.

Islam prohibits the practical act of having an affair with someone who you haven’t been engaged or married to. And there is an extreme punishment for those who fail to guide their private part and indulge in haram courtship.

Allah stated in the Quran that: “Who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hand possess, - for (in their case) they are free from blame: But those whose desire exceed those limits are transgressors.” (Quran 23:5-7)

If you claim to be dating, and you choose to indulge in these following acts, then your dating is typically haram.:

Hiding consent of both parents from your relationship
Explicit gaze at each other
Calling yourselves husband and wife before nikkah
Premarital sex
Touching or kissing
Being alone or going out together
Night call and chatting

Halal Date

In Islam when you love someone or something, it must be for the sake of Allah. Islam encourages every Muslims to have a good relationship and be kind to all people, be it males or females.

Every Muslim should abstain from choosing opposite sex as close friends, and avoid being alone together because shaytan makes uses of this moment to whisper to the mind of both, which can lead to having illicit acts.

“Whenever two strangers of the opposite gender are alone with each other, Satan becomes the third one between them.” (At-Tirmidhi)

Many may argue that there is no such thing as halal date, but they’re ways we can make our date permissible without transgressing and opposing the sunnah.

“…Wed them with the permission of their own folk and give them their mahr (dowry) according to what is reasonable, they should chaste, not adulterous, nor taking boyfriends…” (Al-Nisaa’ 4:25)

Below are the factors that make your dating is halal and permissible:

Seek consent from both your parents
Both paying visit to each other at parents house
Both of them must be accompanied when going out
Get engaged
Nikkah

CONCLUSION

Dear brothers and sisters stay away from haram date, just because your friends or anyone close to you have a girlfriend don’t make it obligatory on you to have one also.

Be steadfast in obeying Allah’s command. He has made it unlawful for you and every other Muslims.

When the time comes Allah is going to bless you with a pious wife which is better than having a girlfriend which can be the path to earn the wrath of Allah.

source: https://www.muslimhowto.com/2019/01/how-to-date-as-a-Muslim-in-Islam.html

Note: Muslimhowto is a new Islamic blog aim to educate Muslims

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by AryEmber(f): 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
There's nothing called halal dating because it is impossible for 2 people dating not to hold hands, call each other mostly night calls to say goodnight, not go out together. Apart from sexual relationship which is totally possible, anyone that didn't do all the above stated did not date in the first instance!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by sarahade(f): 10:21pm On Jan 28, 2019
Please i need clarification on halal fucking. tongue

11 Likes

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Turantula(m): 9:06am On Jan 29, 2019
I give up on this religion. So how are we supposed to enjoy the 72 virgins? Get married to 72 of them?

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Fedayeen02: 10:28am On Feb 01, 2019
My question is

Does Islam allow commonsense before Islam or Islam before commonsense

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:19am On Feb 22, 2019
AryEmber:
There's nothing called halal dating because it is impossible for 2 people dating not to hold hands, call each other mostly night calls to say goodnight, not go out together. Apart from sexual relationship which is totally possible, anyone that didn't do all the above stated did not date in the first instance!

I Strongly support the above statement!

sarahade:

This is what i am saying! Is this a she or a He? No shame or Courtesy at all.

May Allaah protect and guide the Muslims from people like this!

Never marry a spouse that has no shame!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by JohnFrankling(m): 8:44am On Feb 22, 2019
Love someone for the sake of Allah how. So to comment in this Islamic session you will first answer mumu questions like are you a Muslim,is this a Muslim forum, cc@Seun Osewa will thesame question popout on the a Christian thread?

11 Likes

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 22, 2019
There is NO dating in Islam....

..... . It has no dalil in Islam..................

2 Likes

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by kareemkamil(m): 8:45am On Feb 22, 2019
Nice thread
Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 22, 2019
Bloody hypocrites! Go to the North and see the sexual atrocities their teenage girls are comitting, even the married ones. Dont be deceived by their long black veil.

Appearance of piety doesn't mean one is pious. Yeye!

Fedayeen02:
My question is

Does Islam allow commonsense before Islam or Islam before commonsense
You're blessed with wisdom! Nice question

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by olawaz1: 8:53am On Feb 22, 2019
Jazakumllahu khayran to the writer! This is a sensitive topic and someone has to be careful in other not to commit sin while trying to educate others. Halal dating!! May Allah guide is alright.
Instead of using the word halal dating, why not preach for marriage? Once they are meet up with the condition you highlighted on the above.

4 Likes

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by sarahade(f): 8:53am On Feb 22, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

I Strongly support the above statement!

This is what i am saying! Is this a she or a He? No shame or Courtesy at all.

May Allaah protect and guide the Muslims from people like this!

Never marry a spouse that has no shame!

Still not your business if i have shame or not I'm not the slave wife you want to marry.. so gfy

10 Likes

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by dryakson(m): 8:59am On Feb 22, 2019
Masha Allah.
May Allah guide us through the right path.

1 Like

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:01am On Feb 22, 2019
sarahade:

Still not your business if i have shame or not I'm not the slave wife you want to marry.. so gfy

Uncouth and ill-bred as usual.

5 Likes

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by sarahade(f): 9:08am On Feb 22, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Uncouth and ill-bred as usual.

Hypocrite of all names to choose you chose rashduct 4 luv. Not rashduct for allah. And you say i have no shame. You are sick and possessed and I'm ready 4 all you islamic section bully and terrorist. Mtcheew. Infact I'm going to follow you so i can deal with your sexist ass. I asked a question and you want to have orgasm on my matter i will give you what you want airhead.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by NextLevel2019(m): 9:13am On Feb 22, 2019
Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and our transgressions, establish our feet firmly, and give us victory over the disbelieving folk.Jumma Mubarak !

2 Likes

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:33am On Feb 22, 2019
sarahade:

Hypocrite of all names to choose you chose rashduct 4 luv. Not rashduct for allah. And you say i have no shame. You are sick and possessed and I'm ready 4 all you islamic section bully and terrorist. Mtcheew. Infact I'm going to follow you so i can deal with your sexist ass. I asked a question and you want to have orgasm on my matter i will give you what you want airhead.

See the words again....''orgasm''

Anyway! May Allah guide you and us!
Re: How To Date As A Muslim by sarahade(f): 10:04am On Feb 22, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

See the words again....''orgasm''

Anyway! May Allah guide you and us!

Mtcheew like i said you are an hypocrite stop masturbating on my matter.

6 Likes

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Nwakannaya1: 10:10am On Feb 22, 2019
MuslimHowto:
They’re various verses in the Quran that prohibit believing Muslims to disassociate themselves from improper and immodest affairs.

I don't understand
Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:12am On Feb 22, 2019
sarahade:

Mtcheew like i said you are an hypocrite stop masturbating on my matter.

AudhubiLlah!
Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Zeinymira(f): 10:21am On Feb 22, 2019
May Alllah safeguard us and ease our affairs.

The society we find ourselves makes it difficult for us to practice halal dating but then it's not impossible.

There's no single sense in dating/ courtship except you are ready to get married.
Why should a 15 year old date? Do you want to marry at that age?

My first relationship was when I was almost 21, it was few months my birthday. I was ready to get married. I met his family 3 months in the relationship. But then it didn't work out.

For those hypocrites above who are blinded by hate once they see anything relating to Islam, I started practising Islam fully when I was 19.

Before then, I never dated anyon & I didn't engage in premarital sex/intimacy and all shades of it (my choice was ruled by common sense not religious purpose)

Dear Muslims, your relationship can be as halal as possible. It's very possible!
We all have

4 Likes

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Shafiiimran99: 10:21am On Feb 22, 2019
There's nothing like datin in Islam OP so, you'd better stay away from evil practice.
Re: How To Date As A Muslim by personal59: 10:25am On Feb 22, 2019
MuslimHowto:
As the world is taking the boyfriend and girlfriend things as norms, many Muslims brothers and sisters get confused on how they too can join the bandwagon without going against the ruling of Islam.

Admiring someone is not a sin when you find someone you like and you realize sudden feelings (affections) towards him/her.

This is part of a human to develop emotion for things they admire. Don’t feel guilty, because you’re just being human.

A lot of Muslim wants to know if they can have a boyfriend or girlfriend, but they do not know which step to take, and also what guidelines do Islam recommended (advised) them to follow.

What did Islam say about dating?

Islam doesn’t emphasize on dating in particular, but it has encompassed (cover) on all issues pertaining to modesty and avoidance of sexual explicitness.

“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty.” (Quran al-Nur 24:31)

Is dating Halal or Haram?

Before any couple gets married or engaged, they have to spend time together to know whether they are compatible or have feelings for each other.

This little period of time together gives them the insight on why they should go ahead with their relationship which could probably lead to marriage.

You can’t just conclude on marrying a person whom you don’t know much about and end up parting ways within a couple of months after marriage.
Below are what can make your dating haram or halal:

Haram Date

Practicing an unlawful romance is basically a waste of time, which can lead to loss of dignity and self-esteem when the relationship eventually kicks the rock.

Haram relationship has risen sporadically today that seems mandatory for every adult or teenager to have boyfriend or girlfriend. And not having one will make people think you’re archaic or outdated.

Islam prohibits the practical act of having an affair with someone who you haven’t been engaged or married to. And there is an extreme punishment for those who fail to guide their private part and indulge in haram courtship.

Allah stated in the Quran that: “Who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hand possess, - for (in their case) they are free from blame: But those whose desire exceed those limits are transgressors.” (Quran 23:5-7)

If you claim to be dating, and you choose to indulge in these following acts, then your dating is typically haram.:

Hiding consent of both parents from your relationship
Explicit gaze at each other
Calling yourselves husband and wife before nikkah
Premarital sex
Touching or kissing
Being alone or going out together
Night call and chatting

Halal Date

In Islam when you love someone or something, it must be for the sake of Allah. Islam encourages every Muslims to have a good relationship and be kind to all people, be it males or females.

Every Muslim should abstain from choosing opposite sex as close friends, and avoid being alone together because shaytan makes uses of this moment to whisper to the mind of both, which can lead to having illicit acts.

“Whenever two strangers of the opposite gender are alone with each other, Satan becomes the third one between them.” (At-Tirmidhi)

Many may argue that there is no such thing as halal date, but they’re ways we can make our date permissible without transgressing and opposing the sunnah.

“…Wed them with the permission of their own folk and give them their mahr (dowry) according to what is reasonable, they should chaste, not adulterous, nor taking boyfriends…” (Al-Nisaa’ 4:25)

Below are the factors that make your dating is halal and permissible:

Seek consent from both your parents
Both paying visit to each other at parents house
Both of them must be accompanied when going out
Get engaged
Nikkah

CONCLUSION

Dear brothers and sisters stay away from haram date, just because your friends or anyone close to you have a girlfriend don’t make it obligatory on you to have one also.

Be steadfast in obeying Allah’s command. He has made it unlawful for you and every other Muslims.

When the time comes Allah is going to bless you with a pious wife which is better than having a girlfriend which can be the path to earn the wrath of Allah.

source: https://www.muslimhowto.com/2019/01/how-to-date-as-a-Muslim-in-Islam.html

Note: Muslimhowto is a new Islamic blog aim to educate Muslims

if this is the way they intend to educate people then I feel sorry for the knowledgeable and grounded people out there because their work is getting tougher

seek good and correct knowledge before deciding to educate people.

please

3 Likes

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Shafiiimran99: 10:26am On Feb 22, 2019
Zeinymira:
May Alllah safeguard us and ease our affairs.

The society we find ourselves makes it difficult for us to practice halal dating but then it's not impossible.

There's no single sense in dating/ courtship except you are ready to get married.
Why should a 15 year old date? Do you want to marry at that age?

My first relationship was when I was almost 21, it was few months my birthday. I was ready to get married. I met his family 3 months in the relationship. But then it didn't work out.

For those hypocrites above who are blinded by hate once they see anything relating to Islam, I started practising Islam fully when I was 19.

Before then, I never dated anyon & I didn't engage in premarital sex/intimacy and all shades of it (my choice was ruled by common sense not religious purpose)

Dear Muslims, your relationship can be as halal as possible. It's very possible!
We all have
There's nothing like halal datin/relationship.

1 Like

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Zeinymira(f): 10:36am On Feb 22, 2019
Shafiiimran99:
There's nothing like halal datin/relationship.

Really?

Well, it's halal if both parties agree on a no-sex/ intimacy etc
The purpose of courtship is to get to know each other. It should be for a short period of time not 3 years, 4 years etc.

1 Like

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by reachycul(m): 10:44am On Feb 22, 2019
7Alexander:
Bloody hypocrites! Go to the North and see the sexual atrocities their teenage girls are comitting, even the married ones. Dont be deceived by their long black veil.

Appearance of piety doesn't mean one is pious. Yeye!

You're blessed with wisdom! Nice question
why is it that u Pple make references to north whenever they talked about Muslim....sorry are they d founder of d Islamic religion?

2 Likes

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by Shafiiimran99: 11:03am On Feb 22, 2019
Zeinymira:

Really?

Well, it's halal if both parties agree on a no-sex/ intimacy etc
The purpose of courtship is to get to know each other. It should be for a short period of time not 3 years, 4 years etc.

My sister, that's not Islam cos All says come not near zina.
And for the fact that you don't have sex doesn't mean you are not committing sin as far as that verse is concerned.
Therefore, if you are ready for marriage both sexually and financially you seek for it otherwise stay off.

As far as Islam is concerned, you don't delay marriage once both parties agree. There's nothing like we need to know each other first in Islam. So, within one you must do nikkah.

And come not near to unlawful sex. Verily, it is a Faahishah (i.e. anything that transgresses its limits: a great sin, and an evil way that leads one to hell unless Allaah Forgives him)
[al-Isra’ 17:32]

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has decreed for every son of Adam his share of zina, which he will inevitably commit. The zina of the eyes is looking, the zina of the tongue is speaking, one may wish and desire, and the private parts confirm that or deny it.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5889; Muslim, 2657.

1 Like

Re: How To Date As A Muslim by nellyelitz(m): 1:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
sarahade:
hahaha this one don join the bad gang
Re: How To Date As A Muslim by sarahade(f): 3:25pm On Feb 22, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

AudhubiLlah!
اخرج

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lowering One's Voice; Women And Phone! / Post Your Eid Pictures: The Sermon, The Fashion, The Feast / What Are The Conditions For Wiping Over Socks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.