Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? (16064 Views)

What Is Our Purpose In The World / Where Will One Go After Death If Without Achieving Its Purpose On Earth? / What Is Our Purpose On Earth? A Worth Reading Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by EternalBeing: 9:02am On Jan 20, 2019
Most deep thinking humans have been intrigued by this question from very young age. Now, after several generations and multiple life experiences, the answer has become obvious and self-evident. Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution claimed we had come from a less sophisticated model and evolved through natural selection and genetic mutations to become the human beings we are today. The Australian Aborigines believe in the distant past when Gods walked the earth they created humans, Hindus talk of the Rig Veda where a cosmic man was sacrificed to create humans, Christianity and Judaism believe God made humans to see those that can obey HIM and replace the fallen Angels, Muslims similarly believe in Adam and Hawa (Eve), and multiple other civilizations such as the Mayans had their own beliefs. With several theories to explain how we came to exist, most seem to be confused about why we are here. However, we've always marvel at is the existence of this stunning earth and everything that it contains; from the mountains and oceans, to the seasons and weathers, to the plants, animals, and human beings.

Knowing why you were sent to this earth can help you determine what you should and shouldn’t spend your time doing here on earth. Understanding what life is about can give personal direction and purpose.

All humans raced and fought to become humans. Right before you fertilized the egg and became you, billions of others raced but you won. There must be something eternally wonderful about coming alive in this World that those spirit sperm cells certainly knew. When you emerged the winner, they simply went back to the spirit world, hoping to have another chance some day. Sex is so Powerful, it's the spiritual activity of humans to create a new human. That's why it should never be trivialized. The question of why we are here on earth has a few surprisingly simple yet profound answers.
Before you came to earth, you lived as a spirit being and with others who had not yet been born. (see Jeremiah 1:5)

You are on Earth to learn, to impact the World for good, to be tested and to prove to the Great CREATOR of All that you appreciate Life more than perishables and deserve to live forever.
It would be too dangerous for YAHWEH to allow some humans to live forever. In HIS infinite wisdom, HE decides to test us all with this short period of consciousness called Life. Unfortunately, some forgot that this life is a short test and start destroying other souls, killing and eating other humans, etc.
Now as a mortal human being, you face many different trials, tribulations, and challenges. Through these tests, you can learn to exercise greater faith in, and become more like God. Instead of letting your troubles anger you, disillusion you, or callous you spiritually and emotionally, you can work to remain positive, compassionate, and kind. You grow wiser as you successfully overcome the obstacles placed in your path. This knowledge will help you learn to be more like Heavenly Father.
''The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.”

46 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by RealEstateTek: 9:35am On Jan 20, 2019
Very eye-opening. Thanks. Like for JESUS, Share for JESUS.

73 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by ainas247: 2:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
wink my purpose on earth is make heaven and win many souls...

Meanwhile put your business on Google and get more clients check my profile to see new results

10 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Classicolalered: 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
See what zlatan was caught doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EvymtuLXw0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
We are from Pluto

Our purpose is to destroy the shlthole

cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by pafo(m): 2:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
I really do not think there is a purpose for us here. We are concieved, birthed, we live and we die. No grand scheme, no singing angels at death and definitely no fiery furnace. It's just oblivion!

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Ramon92: 2:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
You are on Earth to learn, to impact the World for good, to be tested and to prove to the Great CREATOR of All that you appreciate Life more than perishables and deserve to live forever.
It would be too dangerous for YAHWEH to allow some humans to live forever. In HIS infinite wisdom, HE decides to test us all with this short period of consciousness called Life. Unfortunately, some forgot that this life is a short test and start destroying other souls, killing and eating other humans, etc.

And what could be the consequence of destroying other souls?

don't you think this brings to question the premise of God's omnipotence?

1 Like

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by iCauseTrouble: 2:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
to cause trouble
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by influenz: 2:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
If your candidate is falling down on the podium,
What do you do?
You Atikulate

When your candidate can't differentiate between Presidential, Senatorial and 'Guvernatorial' candidate,
What do you do?
You Atikulate

When your candidate is so scared of appearing for a debate,
What do you do?
You Atikulate.

If you want to grow Nigeria again,
What do you do?...
You Atikulate.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by abbaapple: 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2019
sad

Fake world! Fake life!!! The so called Life is a dream! Spits

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Lexusgs430: 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2019
From our parents, come hustle/suffer/enjoy and die......... And the sequence continues........

4 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by calddon(m): 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2019
What is a life of purpose?
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by GE9JA(f): 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2019
How To Activate MTN 1 Year 1.5 TeraByte Data Plan For Eligible Customers – Free

https://gidient9ja.com/activate-mtn-1-year-1-5-terabyte-data-plan-for-eligible-customers-free/
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by echepops(m): 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
front page!
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by IamLucy(f): 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
Unanswered questions

3 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by oboy81: 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ode.
Is it not to suck dicks

1 Like

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Omnipresent(m): 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
I was thinking it would be a scientific discussion and rushed to open , only to see it derail towards some christian stuff even after you recognized all religions version of human origins. Smh

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by nextstep(m): 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
The point of life is to propagate itself. We are merely vessels for that purpose.

What's a bird's purpose? Or an elephant? Why would Man's purpose be specially different?

Being able to eat, see, run, reproduce, think, and create tools are expressions of life finding different ways to propagate and survive nature.
We see these same properties in every other life form to varying degrees, and just so happen to be the most intelligent species right now, on this particular planet.

Life is such an amazingly complex process that it's hard to understand how it ever developed, though it's thought that - given the same raw materials (proteins, salts, heavy metals, irradiation, energy, and time) at the right amounts - it can exist in many parts of the Universe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Iceman2017(m): 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2019
We are already in the planet earth. Let's make our existence count. As Nigerians, vote prof. Kingsely moghalu for president.
He has what it takes to move Nigeria forward

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by freemanbubble: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
isokay
Humans are the most stupid animal on planet earth

We don't have a purpose of living

Don't argue with me because have already expand my horizon

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
if its purpose you seek then religion is the wrong place to start your search.. you need to come to terms with the fact that there is no God. ,heal from that first..only then would you see the world differently the way it really is... then you'd understand there is no purpose other than life itself....so live and enjoy it while you still have it........

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Baddiezz(f): 2:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
echepops:
front page!
yes. happy?
Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by echodrum(m): 2:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ignorance is a disease.
OP stop wasting your time on things that doesn't matter and focus on things that matters the most to you and people around you.
You are a product of sex. Sperm from your Dad and your mom s egg. Nothing more and nothing less. Your purpose is to leave a life that will not put other people at risk or hurt them.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by kapelvej: 2:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
EternalBeing:
Most deep thinking humans have been intrigued by this question from very young age. Now, after several generations and multiple life experiences, the answer has become obvious and self-evident. Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution claimed we had come from a less sophisticated model and evolved through natural selection and genetic mutations to become the human beings we are today. The Australian Aborigines believe in the distant past when Gods walked the earth they created humans, Hindus talk of the Rig Veda where a cosmic man was sacrificed to create humans, Christianity and Judaism believe God made humans to see those that can obey HIM and replace the fallen Angels, Muslims similarly believe in Adam and Hawa (Eve), and multiple other civilizations such as the Mayans had their own beliefs. With several theories to explain how we came to exist, most seem to be confused about why we are here. However, we've always marvel at is the existence of this stunning earth and everything that it contains; from the mountains and oceans, to the seasons and weathers, to the plants, animals, and human beings.

Knowing why you were sent to this earth can help you determine what you should and shouldn’t spend your time doing here on earth. Understanding what life is about can give personal direction and purpose.

All humans raced and fought to become humans. Right before you fertilized the egg and became you, billions of others raced but you won. There must be something eternally wonderful about coming alive in this World that those spirit sperm cells certainly knew. When you emerged the winner, they simply went back to the spirit world, hoping to have another chance some day. Sex is so Powerful, it's the spiritual activity of humans to create a new human. That's why it should never be trivialized. The question of why we are here on earth has a few surprisingly simple yet profound answers.
Before you came to earth, you lived as a spirit being and with others who had not yet been born. (see Jeremiah 1:5)

Now as a mortal human being, you face many different trials, tribulations, and challenges. Through these tests, you can learn to exercise greater faith in, and become more like God. Instead of letting your troubles anger you, disillusion you, or callous you spiritually and emotionally, you can work to remain positive, compassionate, and kind. You grow wiser as you successfully overcome the obstacles placed in your path. This knowledge will help you learn to be more like Heavenly Father.
''The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.”
God is all knowing, why test us. He should already know those that will fail and so simply don't create them in the first please. Please I am not an atheist, please I just need an explanation please

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by sloo1: 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2019
ainas247:
wink my purpose on earth is make heaven and win many souls...

s

So God created and place u on earth so that u will make heaven? Why didnt God place u in heaven.

and for op, you want to tell me that God created and place u on earth for test/refinement, if u pass the test he takes u to heaven if u fail he burns u forever. Does that make sense to you? Why create people in the first place knowing that some will not pass his test. Remember, nobody asked/begged God to creat him.

Some of you make your god look like a cruel monster.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by tallfish145(m): 2:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
RealEstateTek:
Very eye-opening. Thanks. Like for JESUS, Share for JESUS.
Na Jesus create you? dont insult God

2 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by tallfish145(m): 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2019
sloo1:

So God created and place u on earth so that u will make heaven? Why didnt God place u in heaven.

and for op, you want to tell me that God created and place u on earth for test/refinement, if u pass the test he takes u to heaven if u fail he burns u forever. Does that make sense to you? Why create people in the first place knowing that some will not pass his test. Remember, nobody asked/begged God to creat him.

you wise small

12 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by obinna58(m): 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
kapelvej:
God is all knowing, why test us. He should already know those that will fail and so simply don't create them in the first please. Please I am not an atheist, please I just need an explanation please
Trust me bro you can never get a satisfying reply

8 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by bluefilm: 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2019
sloo1:

Funnily enough though, so many of those believers have failed to see this...

7 Likes

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by itsIYKE(m): 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2019
Everybody has a single of encompassing purpose on this earth plane, that is to help the universe understand itself , the universe wants only one thing which is to know and experience every possibility of itself there is, your life and mine only matters because at death the universal mind collects all our experiences and moves closer to total self understanding (this is the seven minutes or so scientists talked about where all your life experiences is played back) ....there is no God waiting to judge u and condemn u at death, after death is life again, you are purely consciousness,you are not whatever name that u bear, u are not ur emotions, u are not ur thoughts, u are not ur experience.... We gather all these as we grow and age and at death taken by the universal mind and our consciousness is recycled, clean and neat...re-incarnation is realer than u think....some ask why they don't remember their previous life if they ve undergone re-incarnation, its simply cos u ve submitted all the experiences u gathered in ur previous life....we are all Gods that have amnesia......I'd love to go on but then.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? by Grupo(m): 2:54pm On Jan 20, 2019
I don't have any purpose in this world because I did not come here on my own accord - the sexual escapades of my parents brought me here. So, if anything, I am fulfilling the purpose of my parents.

Even though my parents did not get my consent before bringing me here, I am still thriving hard to make some money and live a comfortable life.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reason(s) For Missing Church Today / Living Faith Church Has Six Million Members Across 147 Countries – Oyedepo / Things You Should Not Do When You Visit A New Church You Don't Know About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.