Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos (20722 Views)

APC Women's Wing Hold Rally At Onikan Stadium, Lagos / Lagos APC Women Gather At Onikan Stadium (Video) / Bola Tinubu Novelty Birthday Match At Onikan Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by AutoReportNG: 2:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
This is McCarthy Street close to National Open University Lagos Island Campus at Onikan! For those who are familiar with this street will recognize these pictures.

The EKEDC transformer is carelessly open and endangering lives of people around this area. Take, for example, there is a mallam that sells provisions, pure water that is just a breath away from this transformer and nothing has been done. What is more alarming is that they drop their goods and wares close to this fuse whereas there is a zonal unit of the EKEDC at Moloney Street which is close to this location and many of its staff passes through this route daily, is it until when one gets electrocuted before we chase these people away?

Another one laying careless is close to Onikan Health Centre, the wall has been broken and the unit is open, same is the one close to Yoruba Tennis Club all within the same street and yet EKEDC has done nothing but to demand money and put people in darkness.

An appeal is made to the Lagos State Govt and also to EKEDC to make sure these places are put in order as we are approaching the rainy season, these places will be a death zone especially for children around these areas.

These are some of the pictures we can take from the death zones.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-5cfydEt9Xsw/XEXLVLXKULI/AAAAAAAAXi8/dKpPACAbzf4Wd8jwF7tEEYQETTrh5vJPwCEwYBhgL/s1600/EKEDC_Lagos_013_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-FVQLKt4TaRM/XEXLPLbO5_I/AAAAAAAAXiQ/ZujudxAt_-Ido5-Hx-h2kUxwzJDH7cw3QCLcBGAs/s1600/EKEDC_Lagos_001_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-KvySYPJu0Nk/XEXLQ9ZSqlI/AAAAAAAAXiY/KcfwuOkdENo2kGpGD6wpw_z5fGHJrKLwgCLcBGAs/s1600/EKEDC_Lagos_004_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-KjZj3UPSKBU/XEXLQ-lvWGI/AAAAAAAAXic/Vinf3DMbeCYeuZY493oyX80AJdmOzU8sgCLcBGAs/s1600/EKEDC_Lagos_005_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-ekTjhM9Z_jc/XEXLSmw5RNI/AAAAAAAAXio/r-kh5UzyNtYIN6c4Xn8N8hR303YiV4DywCLcBGAs/s1600/EKEDC_Lagos_009_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/01/see-how-ekedc-is-endangering-lives-of.html

1 Like

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by AutoReportNG: 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by GOFRONT(m): 3:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
There was a country

2 Likes

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Mediahelm: 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
That is very bad of them embarassed

They walk like this when passing the street grin

33 Likes

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by lathrowinger: 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
Where is Buhari. 4 + death

3 Likes

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by freemanbubble: 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
isokay
This is the only situation where bedc is trying
I don't know about other states that bedc do control but here in Edo state, Benin city to be precise they secure and maintain their transformers
Apart from that bedc license should not be renewed for keeping us in darkness

5 Likes

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Sojebrand(m): 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
Okay

1 Like

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by demoBaba: 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
Isn't new, we used to it.
Beside oga reporter don't trespass enter power I take God beg you! Stay on Auto .

2 Likes

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by omooba969(m): 4:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
This is Nigeria. grin
Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Joedoyle(m): 4:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
Concerns who it concern. Not my working business.

1 Like

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Lizilicious(f): 4:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
This one is not bad nah..

You should see the one close to my street

1 Like

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by crunchyg: 4:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
embarassed oga you Don leave auto wey you go report begin report Nepa, who send you?

3 Likes

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by kehinde2436(m): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
This is place no dey different from War Zone.

1 Like

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by soliddust2020: 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
We are just too careless in this country, as far as e no go hurt us nothing concern us.

2 Likes

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Joedoyle(m): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
After they will say nobody care.

1 Like

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Lankybaby(f): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
nawa o...this is nigeria

1 Like

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by helinues: 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2019
Just imagine

1 Like

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Neyo44(m): 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2019
what is the meaning of this

1 Like

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Rexnegro(m): 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2019
those ones na people ?

1 Like

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by omoteacher(m): 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

We lack maintenance culture and strict adherence to safety rules in this naija.

1 Like

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2019
Lizilicious:
This one is not bad nah..

You should see the one close to my street

bring it here
Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Offpoint: 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2019
The country has been like since inception

Samsung Galaxy S5 US used available for sale...
Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by duchez(m): 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
The LASG wouldn't do much regarding this. Kindly forward this info to nemsa.gov.ng
That is the Federal Government Agency in charge of the Technical Regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The full name is Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA).

2 Likes

Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by talk2hb1(m): 4:19pm On Jan 21, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by zaFuhrer(m): 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2019
Something to urgently look into. It's sad people still go close to those places. I wonder when it rains.
God help us.
Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2019
Oh! hell! NO!! shocked people live there?
Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Niceman4u(m): 4:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
wat a potential way somebody could terribly be harmed. I don't know y safety s not a watchword in Nigeria. keep d gud work motorman
Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by mumin4sure(m): 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2019
I need accommodation anywhere not too far from Ikeja
Am ready to pay half of the rent .
You can reach me on 08136685344
Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2019
Only in Nigeria would u see something like this. Its was a grave mistake that Nigeria got independent
Re: How EKEDC Is Endangering Lives Of People At Onikan - Photos by Mcreloaded(m): 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
freemanbubble:
isokay
This is the only situation where bedc is trying
I don't know about other states that bedc do control but here in Edo state, Benin city to be precise they secure and maintain their transformers
Apart from that bedc license should not be renewed for keeping us in darkness

It is the residents where the transformers are situated that have secured their various transformers with iron mesh and in some instances block with padlocks.
The reason is because if the stealing if armoured cable which was rampant in the whole of Benin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Affirms Ifeanyi Ubah As Senator / 2023: Lagos APC Leaders To ‘Plead’ 2nd Term For Sanwo-Olu / Babangida: Corruption Is Now Worse Than It Was Under Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.